I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

Hello, everyone!

I've just started playing on the Renewal server and decided to make a Super Novice as my first character because I wanted to play something fun and different. I'm starting a melee build and would like some advice as to what skills/stats I should pick. So far, I'm  planning to invest my points like this:

2n8r47l.jpg

33os2zd.jpg

[Removed]

Thank you very much for your support!  :D

Edited by VModCinnamon, 20 January 2020 - 03:30 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed pasteboard URL, the image host seems to be causing some issues. Please use another image host service.

#2 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

There are very very few supernovices as main at the server who truly can answer you with experience and strong bases.

In the other hand, there are players like me who has a SN just for fun. idk many about the class and my SN stills Lv113.

So far, you can play as support, but since you want melee, try the autocaster build. I use a +12 mad bunny for MATK and reflect.

+10 Lunar Rainbow with valky dagger and the combo cards.

adds as much def as you can, etrans ie, and many matk items. The build has to be according to these, so need matk oriented.

I didnt test the totally melee build, im main warlock, so im familiarize with wizz skills and AB skills on SN.

As melee, try to follow the swordman/merchant path, but the SN i have saw, none of em are full melee, mostly autocasters/supporters

Edited by S207, 28 March 2019 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

rule of thumb:

If your class has acess to Safety Wall. Grab
Safety
Wall

#4 Aleksiel

Aleksiel

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLasagna

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Hello! First of all, I'd like to thank you both (Ashuckel, you're helping me again, thanks a lot! :D ) for the tips and opinions. Since I'm on a low budget, I think it'd be difficult to gear an autocast SN, so I decided to change my build and make it more support/tanking-oriented (and getting Safety Wall, as suggested). I think it'll be both easier to play (as S207 pointed out, it was already a bit supportive-ish from the start) and more useful in higher levels. This is the updated (actually completely changed) build. Some skills were added to improve my survivability (like Sightrasher, I think it can help an SN in a pinch) and the offensive potential was restrained mainly to the auto attacks (Double Attack will have to do). I think I'll be able to use autocast gears in this build as well if I ever come to get ahold of any. As for the stats, I decided to increase the INT for the sake of SP and AGI in order to tank better. The points invested in STR are mainly for leveling in the early levels and improving my weight capacity. LUK is there because of Perfect Dodge and also because I plan to get an Arch Angeling someday:

o0orwo.jpg

168vnea.jpg

#Edit: I've also made this version in which some skills were sacrificed for the sake of adding Frost Nova:

2v0lbgm.jpg

Edited by Aleksiel, 29 March 2019 - 02:42 AM.

#5 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

33os2zd.jpg

I don't think you need AGI that much since Valkyrie Knife can give you a lot of ASPD.
Why do you choose Melee build over magic caster?
And, it's better to get Impositio Manus lvl5 for the bonuses from Valkyrie Drop. You can use Odin power with it. It also gives you 15% MATK to all sizes if you care.

This is what magic caster build can do.

Edited by Yugacky, 28 June 2019 - 03:42 PM.

#6 SrRinio

SrRinio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:37 AM

Well, for a efficient melee build, you will need lot of equips that we don't have in iRO, like meteor strike, a hammer that gives Bowling Bash and lot of damage, for example, today the best build is the autocaster, where the main equips is Lunar rainbow +10 and Valkyrie Knife +10 at least, i saw you put 110 of agi in your build, believe me, is completly useless, with a knife +10, you will get +100% of ASPD, so with 1 of agi, will have 193 of aspd

The best thing with autocast build is when you are at lvl 160, and 99,999,999 of xp, everytime when you dies, will instant revive and with mental strength buff (-90% of every damage), with 193 of ASPD, even with agi down and 1 of agi, allowing you to tank MVPs like ifrit and Stormy knight (in iRO this MVP spawns 2 Hatiis with him as minion.) 

Edited by SrRinio, 29 June 2019 - 04:02 AM.

#7 Jeunese

Jeunese

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:53 AM

Hello! i am so happy that other player start playing Super novice,

i am a Novice enthusiast, as for Now this is my Main ID

Lv 160/50 Super novice
Lv 135/45 Super Baby

you can see them here Link to ropd

For now the best build i believe is the autocast build, with +10 lunar rainbow, and Valk knife/Hammer as the main Equip, the rest you can mix and match!! Dont forget to take safety wall/pneuma/frost nova. Those 3 are you main survival skill!

with this build i can solo NCT/Jitter/and a few MVP (with full buff/VIP buff/ Food buff of course)

Oh and actually with the right build you can also tank mvp with the super novice, its not bad!!

you can PM me if you want to ask more about the stat/skills/equip

Edited by Jeunese, 04 July 2019 - 06:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users