April 18th Renewal Maintenance - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 18th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

#151 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Can we actually get some Oda's Blessing instead of one of the consumables? We haven't had Odas in a while.

Oda's Blessing? Woaa!

#152 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

I'm a bit confuse or not understand this fully. If I'm wrong, please do correct me or share your thoughts on it.

Yggdrasil Ascension is our new OCP Item System.

Buy the Tickets from the cash shop and take it to the Yggdrasil Tree Explorer located in the Eden Group. The Explorer will take the ticket and give you your reward (You already get your reward here?). Using the ticket will not consume it but teleport you to the Southern Gate of Prontera. Ticket Claiming is divided into 10 steps (You already get your reward but now it carry forward to accumulate steps??) . Each step gives a specific reward and when you reach step 10 with the tickets it starts all over again. (So in cash shop there's an option to buy per ticket and bulk 10 ticket? So basically this tree accumulate your steps to give you extra items??)

Each Ticket Costs 300 pts.
Rewards:
Each ticket when claimed will give a reward according to it's step.
Step 1 Random Item from this Month's OCP List and 4 Bloody Branch (Your already get reward from above statement, now u will get extra?? And also you get two items now? (Item+4BB's??)
Step 2-4 Random Item from this Month's OCP List (Now no extra BB's?)
Step 5 Guaranteed Random Gear rated Semi Rare+ from this Month's OCP List (A guaranteed Semi rare + extra random gear??)
Step 6 Random Item from this Month's OCP List and 4 HE Bubble Gum (Now back to have extra BB's?)
Step 7-9 Random Item from this Month's OCP List (Now no extra BB's)
Step 10 Guaranteed Random Gear rated Rare+ from this Month's OCP List (A guaranteed Rare + extra random gear??)

Exact lists for the archive, and featured list will be published during maintenance.

This means at by Step 10 you will have spent 3000kp and received the following
8 Random OCP Items (Can Include consumables)
1 Random Semi Rare+ OCP Gear (2 Items you'll get here?)
1 Random Rare+ OCP Gear (2 Items you'll get here?)
4 Bloody Branches.
4 HE Bubble Gum.

What the exact amount of items do you get actually??

Current box rates will stay about the same. So Steps 5 and 10 give increased rates.

Indeed the last statement tells you what you got, On step 5 and 10, you get the semi rare and the rare, just that

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 April 2019 - 02:23 PM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#153 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:08 PM

I'm a bit confuse or not understand this fully. If I'm wrong, please do correct me or share your thoughts on it.

Yggdrasil Ascension is our new OCP Item System.

Buy the Tickets from the cash shop and take it to the Yggdrasil Tree Explorer located in the Eden Group. The Explorer will take the ticket and give you your reward (You already get your reward here?). Using the ticket will not consume it but teleport you to the Southern Gate of Prontera. Ticket Claiming is divided into 10 steps (You already get your reward but now it carry forward to accumulate steps??) . Each step gives a specific reward and when you reach step 10 with the tickets it starts all over again. (So in cash shop there's an option to buy per ticket and bulk 10 ticket? So basically this tree accumulate your steps to give you extra items??)

Each Ticket Costs 300 pts.
Rewards:
Each ticket when claimed will give a reward according to it's step.
Step 1 Random Item from this Month's OCP List and 4 Bloody Branch (Your already get reward from above statement, now u will get extra?? And also you get two items now? (Item+4BB's??)
Step 2-4 Random Item from this Month's OCP List (Now no extra BB's?)
Step 5 Guaranteed Random Gear rated Semi Rare+ from this Month's OCP List (A guaranteed Semi rare + extra random gear??)
Step 6 Random Item from this Month's OCP List and 4 HE Bubble Gum (Now back to have extra BB's?)
Step 7-9 Random Item from this Month's OCP List (Now no extra BB's)
Step 10 Guaranteed Random Gear rated Rare+ from this Month's OCP List (A guaranteed Rare + extra random gear??)

Exact lists for the archive, and featured list will be published during maintenance.

This means at by Step 10 you will have spent 3000kp and received the following
8 Random OCP Items (Can Include consumables)
1 Random Semi Rare+ OCP Gear (2 Items you'll get here?)
1 Random Rare+ OCP Gear (2 Items you'll get here?)
4 Bloody Branches.
4 HE Bubble Gum.

What the exact amount of items do you get actually??

Current box rates will stay about the same. So Steps 5 and 10 give increased rates.

You buy tickets at the shop. 300kp each. You take them to the NPC that redeems it. You give it 1 ticket and advance 1 step. Each step is described in the list in the second paragraph. The first paragraph explains the process overall. After 10 Steps advanced, you reset to Step 1.

Also, the "+" in "1 Random Semi Rare+" is read a "Plus" as in "or better"

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 April 2019 - 02:24 PM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#154 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

2mbUrie.png
Golden R means Rare
SR means Semi Rare

In the guaranteed section (Rare):

Fenrir Chain & Spirit King's Ring would be MOST likely to get every time (so it becomes a common eventually) LMAO

#155 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

In the guaranteed section (Rare):

Fenrir Chain & Spirit King's Ring would be MOST likely to get every time (so it becomes a common eventually) LMAO

Just imagine in the next OCP in Rare section: (IF)

Jupiter Ring

Temporal Ring

Mob Scarf

One of these item will become common item eventually. Double LMAO.

#156 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Every rare has the same ratio. All of them will become more common. Which is good. Balanced prices, accessability, zeny/WP stabilization, no more limited supply on great items. It's a more viable option now.

#157 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

Uncle Campitor and WP guardians of RO,

New system makes sense. Gives us a reason to go beyond VIP payment.

Please consider 2 additional elements to engage users/customers:

- Sheila Boxter continues to be an exit option for the influx of items. Keeps people using it and players selling uneeded items as an option.

- You continue to fix and adjust bugged items: Giant Protection as an example.

Thanks much.

Edited by cjaramis, 18 April 2019 - 02:31 PM.

#158 Stormblitz

Stormblitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

New OCP system is similar to another game I play. Every 10 rolls you get 1 guaranteed rare item from a pool of rares. However there is a chance that you may get a rare in rolls 1-9. If you do, the counter resets back to 1.

#159 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

Every rare has the same ratio. All of them will become more common. Which is good. Balanced prices, accessability, zeny/WP stabilization, no more limited supply on great items. It's a more viable option now.

Whatttt??? Every rare has the same ratio??? AHAHAHA even triple LMAO Double LOL.

"All of them will become more common. Which is good. Balanced prices, accessability, zeny/WP stabilization, no more limited supply on great items. It's a more viable option now."

Honestly I really don't see in whats good of Rare items becoming common. Can you see any good in Gucci and Prada and LV becoming common attire to everyone? So what separates you from the rest? So everyone will have and using rare item is good? How come "no more limited supply on great items" will do any good? Do you think this is fair and can be accepted by everyone? So now WoE, PvP, MVP Hunting just can be done by everyone right out of Izlude training camp. No hassle, no farming, no grinding, no effort and boom! you're an end game player now. This is speechless.

"It's a more viable option now" this is even funnier bro, do you really think anyone else would use other items then this Rare OCP items? Since its cheap and a GUARANTEED to get do you really think anyone else would try and use other items besides Rare OCP? Come on dude you must be kidding me.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

#160 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

Yoo RIP share event I'm going to miss that the most. :sob:

#161 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:54 PM

New OCP system is similar to another game I play. Every 10 rolls you get 1 guaranteed rare item from a pool of rares. However there is a chance that you may get a rare in rolls 1-9. If you do, the counter resets back to 1.

In this system it doesnt reset if you get any rares from step 1-9 and u can get multiple rares in one process. This is hella speechless. Well to some its good but for me personally, its rigged and becoming common game. Plus, its not even a pool of rares, not even a puddle, only 3 Rares, a spoon of rares maybe. LMAO

#162 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:03 PM

Unless MVPs in RO could drop more OP gears (on top of their card) than OCP Rare, and it will be another whole different story. Or maybe Woe/PVP/Dungeons would give much better gears than OCP Rare, and it will be another whole different story. But for now as what I can see, end game items requires practically nothing now, swipe your credit card and you good to go, you'll be just as good as everyone else.

#163 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

It's way too late to complain about pay2win

#164 ClubAscension

ClubAscension

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

So 3544190106025751243, you have a lot of negative opinion about this new system. What do you recommend instead of this new OCP system?

If this new system was truely horrible, there would be a tons of replies rejecting it.

#165 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Btw, i think you guys forgot a little step about this :U

You haven't discuss about it
https://forums.warpp...-prize-changes/

#166 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Unless MVPs in RO could drop more OP gears (on top of their card) than OCP Rare, and it will be another whole different story. Or maybe Woe/PVP/Dungeons would give much better gears than OCP Rare, and it will be another whole different story. But for now as what I can see, end game items requires practically nothing now, swipe your credit card and you good to go, you'll be just as good as everyone else.

Agreed about mvps needing to drop better equipment items...Also I've killed Orc Lord like ten times and every single time he dropped a Erde which is a 1% drop but yet I've 30-40 million zeny on richard decarding and that's a 5% chance I should really put this in the bugged/reporting thread. >_>

#167 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

Whatttt??? Every rare has the same ratio??? AHAHAHA even triple LMAO Double LOL.

"All of them will become more common. Which is good. Balanced prices, accessability, zeny/WP stabilization, no more limited supply on great items. It's a more viable option now."

Honestly I really don't see in whats good of Rare items becoming common. Can you see any good in Gucci and Prada and LV becoming common attire to everyone? So what separates you from the rest? So everyone will have and using rare item is good? How come "no more limited supply on great items" will do any good? Do you think this is fair and can be accepted by everyone? So now WoE, PvP, MVP Hunting just can be done by everyone right out of Izlude training camp. No hassle, no farming, no grinding, no effort and boom! you're an end game player now. This is speechless.

"It's a more viable option now" this is even funnier bro, do you really think anyone else would use other items then this Rare OCP items? Since its cheap and a GUARANTEED to get do you really think anyone else would try and use other items besides Rare OCP? Come on dude you must be kidding me.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

1) Items like Gucci and Prada are expensive because name brand and luxury, not because they are rare. These are items are quite accessible actually, even with their own website each! Not everyone uses Gucci and Prada because a) They don't like it, B) They don't need it, c) They can't afford it.

2) What separates me from the rest? Um...everything else? Personality, likes, dislikes, hobbies and such.

3) Well, not everyone will be using these items. People with no interest in RK will not be using Fafnir. Some people will still be using Tao. Some RKs will be using Crits and such. It's just another option.

4) It's been said many times, having good gear doesn't make you a good player. I've used subpar gear and nabbed wins against better geared but less experienced players, as well as lost against lesser geared players but more skilled than me. You can have all the great gear and still die to a mob if you don't know what you're doing. I agree it may carry players, but they will soon realize gears don't make you decent. If anything, having OP gears from the get go makes you a worse player on the long run.

5) Yes. I do, for example. I play the game with 0 OCP and Kafra Items. I know a few others that do so too. Some others willingly play with minimal gears to have a challenge/fun. Also, many OCP are not the best in every scenario. They are options. People like you pushing the idea that OCP is the ONLY true way to go muddies the water for new players lead to believe they NEED to have these to be good. This at least makes it more doable for them to achieve a tangible goal. Not the best solution, but it'll do for now. 

#168 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Bro Campitor, read this and re-evaluate this whole new system. I know it will boost the sales of WPE, I guess that's the only reason why this system is introduced now. Maybe I'm wrong but this will go nowhere if RARE (the best this game has to offer) to become common for everyone. So it defeat the meaning of "RARE" doesn't it? Unless the MVPs, Instances, WoE, PVP Points will give wayyy much better gears than OCP Rare, or maybe OCP Rare is just a normal headgear and not endgame gear. Please take this into consideration.

#169 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Agreed about mvps needing to drop better equipment items...Also I've killed Orc Lord like ten times and every single time he dropped a Erde which is a 1% drop but yet I've 30-40 million zeny on richard decarding and that's a 5% chance I should really put this in the bugged/reporting thread. >_>

Erde is 15.5% drop rate, multiply that by gum/vip/server rates

#170 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

Erde is 15.5% drop rate, multiply that by gum/vip/server rates

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1190/ Is this my fault?

#171 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

Bro Campitor, read this and re-evaluate this whole new system. I know it will boost the sales of WPE, I guess that's the only reason why this system is introduced now. Maybe I'm wrong but this will go nowhere if RARE (the best this game has to offer) to become common for everyone. So it defeat the meaning of "RARE" doesn't it? Unless the MVPs, Instances, WoE, PVP Points will give wayyy much better gears than OCP Rare, or maybe OCP Rare is just a normal headgear and not endgame gear. Please take this into consideration.

remember ocp 17 (and even after this) when mini glasses, glasses, sunglasses offered s class?

Edited by pao0, 18 April 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#172 Jacklmx

Jacklmx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

I'm 100% in support of this system, until WP start putting sunglasses into rare that is.

:p_love:

#173 adi261090

adi261090

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationEden Group
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:32 PM

Remember this :

optdhz6.jpg

https://forums.warpp...al-maintenance/

Thank you to GM and team for new ocp content

#174 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:32 PM

You forget that not everyone spends money on the game all the time. Even someone like me, with a good job and disposable income, I might only buy WPE every so often during the year. Where are all these Rare OCP items going to come from? How is the market going to be flooded if there are only so many players each month using this system to get rare items?

As I said earlier, I only get OCPs when there is an item I want. Once I have that item I hold on to it to use, so that item never hits the market. If I played RK and I wanted a Fafnir Scale, I would hold on to it if I managed to get one. How would the market become flooded with Fafnir Scales then?

I think you are looking at this with 'worst case scenario' eyes. The reality of what will actually happen under this new OCP system is probably not going to be as bad as you think. We'll all just have to watch what happens for a few months, and then you can make arguments about the pros/cons of this new system using data of the actual effects to show whether the change has been good or bad.

#175 3544190106025751243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

1) Items like Gucci and Prada are expensive because name brand and luxury, not because they are rare. These are items are quite accessible actually, even with their own website each! Not everyone uses Gucci and Prada because a) They don't like it, B) They don't need it, c) They can't afford it.

2) What separates me from the rest? Um...everything else? Personality, likes, dislikes, hobbies and such.

3) Well, not everyone will be using these items. People with no interest in RK will not be using Fafnir. Some people will still be using Tao. Some RKs will be using Crits and such. It's just another option.

4) It's been said many times, having good gear doesn't make you a good player. I've used subpar gear and nabbed wins against better geared but less experienced players, as well as lost against lesser geared players but more skilled than me. You can have all the great gear and still die to a mob if you don't know what you're doing. I agree it may carry players, but they will soon realize gears don't make you decent. If anything, having OP gears from the get go makes you a worse player on the long run.

5) Yes. I do, for example. I play the game with 0 OCP and Kafra Items. I know a few others that do so too. Some others willingly play with minimal gears to have a challenge/fun. Also, many OCP are not the best in every scenario. They are options. People like you pushing the idea that OCP is the ONLY true way to go muddies the water for new players lead to believe they NEED to have these to be good. This at least makes it more doable for them to achieve a tangible goal. Not the best solution, but it'll do for now. 

1) They are not rare just because they have website? is Lamborghini not rare because they have an accessible website? If you were given a chance to choose, don't lie if you don't go for all these branded stuffs.

2) This is a game, not Facebook or Instagram.

3) So if Ab doesn't use Mob Scarf, will this make Mob Scarf less useful to Rk's? It is what it is not just because I don't use it, it's not useful to others. If Gx not using GTB, why is it so expensive for other jobs? Its the item that counts, not who's using it.

4) Skills is a whole different story bro.... Lets put equally par skilled player, one with noob items, one with OP items, who do you think will practically wins? Answer this.

5) Name me one person who doesn't have any OCP gears AT ALL for their end game/middle game? Don't lie to yourself bro, you know and everybody knows OCP Rare gears are the best at the moment this game has to offer. Tell me one person who doesn't want ANY OCP gears AT ALL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users