Help with Shadow Chaser - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Help with Shadow Chaser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mithias

Mithias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Hello everyone, hope your day is going well!

Have finally gotten my character all the way to Shadow Chaser (Yay). Seems really neat, although I have no clue what a majority of its skills do. But, to the point... Reproduce and Shadow Spell seem to be some kind of extension of skill copying. This got me interested, since technically I am more or less using this character to auto steal in a agility build for farming items. I generally haven't run into a remarkable amount of chatty people as I have played, so it seems difficult to copy skills I want. What is the best method to get skills casted on you to copy? From what I have seen from self research meteor storm and trifecta blow are good ones but requires another player to cast it on you. Is there a place people commonly go to acquire skills like this? Also if you have some time, possibly explain how reproduce and shadow spell works?

#2 kumikoda

kumikoda

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

This is specific to thief class, should go under Thief class section.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:37 AM

Asking around is the best way to get someone to help you with skills to copy. It isnt uncommon to not be responded to ingame, sometimes ppl dont really want to interact, or are distracted with something else or whatever. Forums and the iROwiki discord can be good places to ask for this kind of help.

Reproduce: Allows you to copy any skill that deals damage to you, unlike the 2nd job counterpart, this one allows you to copy 3rd class skills as well. The cost to cast said skill will be double it's original value though.

Shadow Spell: Whenever you hit an enemy with an attack, theres a chance that you will automatically cast a copied spell, it cannot cast holy spells though.

The most common combo for this kind of autocast is to copy Meteor Storm(Wizard) with your 2nd class skill(remember to use preserve to save it from getting overwritten) and use Reproduce to copy Duple Light(Archbishop), wich is a buff that will cast extra attacks and spells whenever you do a physical hit.

#4 Mithias

Mithias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

Ah, I am new to using the forums, sorry if this was supposed to go somewhere else

#5 Mithias

Mithias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:56 AM

Asking around is the best way to get someone to help you with skills to copy. It isnt uncommon to not be responded to ingame, sometimes ppl dont really want to interact, or are distracted with something else or whatever. Forums and the iROwiki discord can be good places to ask for this kind of help.

Reproduce: Allows you to copy any skill that deals damage to you, unlike the 2nd job counterpart, this one allows you to copy 3rd class skills as well. The cost to cast said skill will be double it's original value though.

Shadow Spell: Whenever you hit an enemy with an attack, theres a chance that you will automatically cast a copied spell, it cannot cast holy spells though.

The most common combo for this kind of autocast is to copy Meteor Storm(Wizard) with your 2nd class skill(remember to use preserve to save it from getting overwritten) and use Reproduce to copy Duple Light(Archbishop), wich is a buff that will cast extra attacks and spells whenever you do a physical hit.

Thanks so much, this is exactly what I needed to read to make sense of everything! 

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

And is also a new player question, so it fits here as well.

#7 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:18 PM

Some notable methods/places to copy AoE skills when other players aren't available:

Meteor Storm >> Dark Illusion mini-boss at Glastheim for lvl 5. Or you can try poking Dark Lord for the stronger version if you're feeling brave/crazy lol

Thunderstorm >> Anubis at Sphinx

Heaven's Drive >> Evil Druid at Glastheim

Lord of Vermillion >> Wizard of Truth from Illusion of Moonlight dungeon

Note: Wizard of Truth also has a chance to drop lvl 10 Scrolls for Lord of Vermillion, Meteor Storm, and Storm Gust which you can use on an alternate character to teach those skills to yourself.

Normally, I'd default with just Meteor Storm. But sometimes you'll need to switch it out for a different element depending on the monsters you're going against, especially if they're fire element.

#8 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:08 PM

What level Drake's waterball is?

#9 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

If your goal is to copy it, then I can tell you based on my past crazy adventures that lvl 10 waterball can be copied from him haha

Edited by ninJedi, 22 April 2019 - 09:35 AM.

#10 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:21 AM

So sad, i thought it's lv 20 lol

but can you get lv 10 water ball? 

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:29 AM

from copying yes.

It can deal up to 100 hits in a single cast, but requires a 10x10 area of water underneath you for the full hits.

#12 canon019

canon019

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

100 hit ?? omg, no wonder it won't stop hitting me after got resurrected

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Water_Ball

but it said 9x9

Is it worth copying? for WoE/pvp purpose

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

nah

you can't even use it reliably

#14 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:59 PM

Agi-autosteal may seem a good idea for earning zennies, but only for short terms. I would suggest to get your SC to high level for some instances farming.
For beginner, i would suggest to go for bow build - either severe rainstorm build or arrow storm build - copied by reproduce skill.

#15 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:59 AM

Yep, waterball behaves differently at these higher levels. If I remember correctly, lvl 10 has only 1-cell cast range haha

#16 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

build severe rainstorm shadow chaser if you don't want auto click SC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users