About a new server IRO without OCP [JP GEARS] - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

About a new server IRO without OCP [JP GEARS]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Margarethahp

Margarethahp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:43 AM

Just update the server already

#27 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

Might as well release Gioia card on iro in cash shop

I will donate $500 usd come milk me WP

#28 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

come milk me WP

Weird pickup line but ok. 

#29 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:00 AM

the direction that we've been going as iRO server is to never implement cards in cashshop. That's what people cried and argued for years, then smart WP decided OK, we'll just bring every other slot with OCP.

So now our game content revolves mostly around using oP cash shop gears to farm consumables for select in-game gears and everthing else is just about trying for the lucky draw cards. This is what keeps people playing for long time when we dont have new things, so i doubt we will see ANY cards being sold, ever.

Other servers (basically jro, kro) may introduce rare MVP cards in their cash box because they are not afraid of players losing motivation- they got real events and updates frequently enough to make this a non-issue.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 22 April 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#30 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:03 PM

But people already lost interest with just ocp and no new content so why not seal the coffin with mvp card sale make some revenue and call it a day?

#31 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:48 PM

Might as well release Gioia card on iro in cash shop

I will donate $500 usd come milk me WP

That's not their style.

It would be more like pay 500$ for a chance to get a Gioia card.

#32 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:19 AM

=S gioia card... i remember they had to get rid of it from the monster pool during a event becuase top guilds were complaining..

#33 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

they try to ease your cash shop spending and you guys are still complaining, looks like we know which ones are actually cancer

gioia incident was understandable how everything happened, if you actually were making an effort to woe and try to get it naturally then you'd know why. there's nothing left to discuss about it

#34 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:46 PM

The art of the game is on how complicated it can be, player demanded to do experiment, experience, and explore, and face so many failures to learn things, farming things, get Zenny, buy decent gears, go leveling, join an event, do quests/instance and MVPing.

Hangout at Spront, show off, make a friend, chitchat, and having fun.

I assuming what OP try to say is IRO server without cash shop?, its an interesting idea, a server without abnormal gears allowing all classes to do something they not suppose to do (HBP/FAW for basic example) its allowing all class to do greed skill, or "u must have this to have more power than those who dont have it".

But I believe a server without Cash Shop items will get so stupid and boring at the end, what you can do is really limited and less creative, and the game become more TOO complicated, too complicated to the point where you prefer the opposite of what you wish.

#35 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:51 PM

not to mention, division among users are not exactly something you guys want to happen further

we get clamours of merge once in a while, i hope people are observing better

#36 markoh1988

markoh1988

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1645 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

wonder if anyone went to gravity inc to see who own gravity as a major shareholder now. that will pretty much explain why ocps influx ~ 

#37 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:03 AM

lol only the whales left here to defend the OCP.

OCP was a short term gain at a long term expense, and the player base speaks for themselves. Making every class a demi-god overpowered meta class is not really diversifying the builds. It is removing dependencies from each class from one to another. 

Before OCP, each class has its strength and short comings with some classes are being entirely novel. Even if it was a bit one dimensional, it creates a lot of inter-dependencies between the classes, and the players are forced to party up with one another to finish their quests. These dependencies create a lot of player interaction, and that what makes iRO a fun MMO.

After OCP now, it's really just a empty dungeon crawler with one person soloing everything, because having party now is just damn inefficient.

#38 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:00 AM

lol only the whales left here to defend the OCP.

OCP was a short term gain at a long term expense, and the player base speaks for themselves. Making every class a demi-god overpowered meta class is not really diversifying the builds. It is removing dependencies from each class from one to another.

Before OCP, each class has its strength and short comings with some classes are being entirely novel. Even if it was a bit one dimensional, it creates a lot of inter-dependencies between the classes, and the players are forced to party up with one another to finish their quests. These dependencies create a lot of player interaction, and that what makes iRO a fun MMO.

After OCP now, it's really just a empty dungeon crawler with one person soloing everything, because having party now is just damn inefficient.

I’m sorry but you are so wrong. Before there was OCP, it is basically the same but worst. I have first hand experience so i can speak out.

Back then, people will either play Gene and finish every possible instance there is alone, at very good timings for that period, or sometimes GX. Price of a MCA was 40M because only these 2 class could easily beat the so-called hard instances alone pretty well and effectively without going into so-called OP gears that time (basically MVP, so no matter what there were only a handful of these players).

The only party instance that made sense compared to going to just play a gene or GX and make much more than any other class was Temple of demon God and ET. There were very dedicated players who make parties everyday to finish temple of demon god in order to profit off squad boxes. By the way, ET was still complete-able alone by gene so that point still stands.

So there you go, the choice was picking a class that can complete most things very effectively or be FORCED to party to make scraps by sharing with at least a couple other players.

All you saw was an illusion of party play. While you think it was balanced, the players who picked the right class were making bank laughing it off.

#39 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:41 AM

Before OCP, some classes/builds are weak to the point of near unplayable, there aint such interdependencies between classes since some classes are not needed at all. OCP does have some problems, and the end game becomes too easy for some ppls, but it does make classes more balanced.

#40 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:56 AM

You need to recognize the real problem for what it is. Before OCP, classes were VERY imbalanced. OCP fixed that.

Is that the only option to do so? of course not, but they chose it because it’s the most profitable one. However, that’s where the issue starts. Where’s the new content to play now that everyone can do current contents pretty efficiently? If we don’t get new updates from kRO, we can at least make our events more fun and encourage party plays.

Share drop event is good, but the next one can be highly challenging that encourages ppl to group up and be rewarded from NPC for participating in addition to their default monster drop, so even if you don’t have strong EQ, you can join in and have fun.

I always feel that if we can’t get new content update, at least 1/3 of our new OCP items could be relegated to some sort of custom daily event so we have our own content too, but i’m not the one to decide.

#41 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:15 AM

There are going to be outliers in every situation. A lot of those soloing geneticist usually have pretty OP gears that are not really accessible to most players to begin with. If they don't, then farming those instances solo will become unprofitable as consumable usage will go up significantly without supporting classes.

Making tank, DPS, and support into the same class isn't really making it more balanced. Evil Dragon Armor completely removes the need for multiple DPS to sustain SP usage and AB in TI parties. Seraphim and cylinder pretty much make Gene the only DPS class you'll need til 175. Where its originally role was merely to throw bomb at randels. 

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:23 AM

it didnt fixed anything, it just gave everyone buttloads of damage to the point it doesnt matter what you do, chance are you are oneshotting the entire game.

The core issues are still there.

#43 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:37 AM

hohoho that’s where you are so wrong again ... They are not outlier. It is how the gene class is, nothing to do with the gears.

They come with high defense (shield usage, sera, higher pot efficiency), no miss skill, full defense penetration for free, no element lock, high DPS with CC and AB (of which AB gets stronger the more they designed the boss to have more VIT Kappa). Back in that time with BOTH limited game content gears available and only FAW as meta cash gear, you can put any end game gear any other class of that era (excluding MVP because they are the REAL outlier) and none will be able to perform what they did.

In any case that they really need a real tank like sura, it’s basically guaranteed that everyone else will need that tank too. They will also outperform anyone else for that tank+dps role in that time period.

I get your hate with the OCP gears replacing party role for support functions like SP and other stuff, but that’s how it is with ragnarok as characters progressively get stronger. Game moves the direction towards solo play because it suits the player base (lesser ppl etc). In kRO, there are also very OP non-ocp items replace many party roles and it all comes as game content, but that still means the same result, no party play. So what’s your point? Your support still becomes unnecessary and it doesn’t have anything to do with OCP.

OCP just pushed everyone up to high power levels instead of only select class having them.

Only difference is that OCP means players just buy them instead of have to playing to earn. That’s the part i’m against, not all of these fun new gears should be cash items

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 April 2019 - 05:40 AM.

#44 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

Honestly the more i read the more i think what you want is to have incentives to play as a team. OCP or not, most of the current game content do not require them and that’s the truth. You should instead be pushing hard for new content or systems to encourage team play rather than argue against OCP items.

#45 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:55 AM

Evil Dragon Armor completely removes the need for multiple DPS to sustain SP usage and AB in TI parties.

EDA removes the need for AB? What is this nonsense.

:heh:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 25 April 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#46 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:22 AM

TL;DR

Better and suggested before:

Disable OCP gears on WoE/WoE2/WoE TE (if applies)

You fix the woe scenario

You fix the player experience

#47 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

game isn’t balanced even if there’s no ocp. It just encourages even less class diversity.

Still there is nothing called class diversity even if OCP exists. True OCP maketh those forgotten class strong but it also create soloism. Therefore, class diversity isn't an issue.

#48 magiccircle

magiccircle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:19 PM

It's been what a million years, people who don't have a gtb probably aren't gonna get one.

If there's an OCP that gives 50 mdef and makes you immune to dispel if you have full throttle lvl 5 then why not. 

The only thing we need is content that people even with the good stuff or ocp alternatives want to do together for rewards that make us keep doing it

reopening the same server is wack. 

#49 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

It's madness, doing the same thing and expecting different results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users