• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Chimang

Chimang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:02 AM

I'm trying to hit 90% ACD reduction, what is ideal stat build and gears now for DB RK with Fafnir Scale? I still have Skin of Gwiber with 120INT/DEX setup, still have my free reset just wanted some input before I give it a go. Any help and tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Chimang, 22 April 2019 - 02:15 AM.

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:16 AM

more stats to agi to have 190 aspd for animation delay but idk maybe not necessary as they stated since, did tried 190 and have the same result as 186-188 aspd when chaining 3 DB maybe 190 for more chains but not an expert about this :)

#3 Chimang

Chimang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:23 AM

yes my goal is to try and get at least 3 DB per sec and was told i needed 90%ACD reduction.

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:32 AM

Stats are very flexible now since you get a lot of damage boost from RBDH and Fafnir.

ACD:
30% Scale Armor
30% Temporal Ring+ SOL Temp Dex
20% TGL
= 80%

The last 10% is where you can get very flexible.
Many possible setups for different builds and item availability.

EG i am hybrid RK so i can not afford too much stats on INT. I use PDM (5% ACD with 90INT) and faceworm+dark faceworm combo(6% ACD). This way i still have 91% ACD and my mid HG slot is free, so i use Eyes of Illusion for 10% HP/SP. My DB RK still deals top notch dmg because of EQ choice and good VIT. Only issue is that i need dex/int foods to get instant cast unlike full DB RK, who can get almost instant cast without needing dex foods if they use PDM like me.

Someone else could for example, use a new wave sunglasses for that 10%, and have the accessory slot free to use Jupiter Ring for even more HP gain. However this is more suitable for full DB RK since they would have the stats for 125VIT and still over 100-110 INT.

Another person could want to maximize as much as possible and don’t have jupiter ring, so he picks FLP+ FAW421 to get 15% ACD and have mid HG free to use eyes of illusion for dmg. Again, best for pure DB RK since they have better int stats to get shorter cast times without needing full foods.

Some considerations for players: regardless of whether you pick to use accessories or mid HG to meet your last 10%, it is no longer advisable to use gwiber to meet your last 10% ACD. Reason: FAW simply adds way more damage over gwiber when you can achieve the last 10% with other gears. Also, since fafnir is locked neutral element, you can only rely on garment to get immunity to element if necessary- things like phoenix, leviathan, osiris+Old morroc etc.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 22 April 2019 - 03:43 AM.

#5 Chimang

Chimang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:37 AM

Stats are very flexible now since you get a lot of damage boost from RBDH and Fafnir.

ACD:
30% Scale Armor
30% Temporal Ring+ SOL Temp Dex
20% TGL
= 80%

The last 10% is where you can get very flexible.
Many possible setups for different builds and item availability.

EG i am hybrid RK so i can not afford too much stats on INT. I use PDM (5% ACD with 90INT) and faceworm+dark faceworm combo(6% ACD). This way i still have 91% ACD and my mid HG slot is free, so i use Eyes of Illusion for 10% HP/SP. My DB RK still deals top notch dmg because of EQ choice and good VIT. Only issue is that i need dex/int foods to get instant cast unlike full DB RK.

Someone else could for example, use a new wave sunglasses for that 10%, and have the accessory slot free to use Jupiter Ring for even more HP gain. However this is more suitable for full DB RK since they would have the stats for 125VIT and still over 100-110 INT.

Another person could want to maximize as much as possible and don’t have jupiter ring, so he picks FLP+ FAW421 to get 15% ACD and have mid HG free to use eyes of illusion for dmg. Again, best for pure DB RK since they have better int stats to get shorter cast times without needing full foods.

thank you, appreciate the help. what are the benefits of going hybrid?

#6 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:48 AM

There used to be a lot of advantages for going hybrid when DB didn’t hit like 3X as hard as it does now with fafnir, but the main advantage sdoesnt go away. It just lets you finish ET alone conveniently since DB cannot deal with Valk.

1 Crush strike always kills valk if you are properly geared. I don’t recommend it to people who don’t already have crit RK though. It takes a lot of extra gears just for that 1 purpose.

It is a big deal for me though, since i have many RKs and i generally want them just for ET farming.

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:48 AM

You can spend twice as much on gear.

#8 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:55 AM

Yes, but even then it does not reach the price of even one kiel or tao. Fafnir scale really brings the availability of good DB RK for many more players to enjoy.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:56 AM

Vanargand Helm+Fenrir chain is an option going very much under the radar. While it does not offer the damage boost a red baby dragon does, its a "cheap" delay reduction option+leech(since you wont be using EDA with fafnir on)

Edited by Ashuckel, 22 April 2019 - 04:09 AM.

#10 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:07 AM

But yeah, in general the point of hybrid is to have one build that can do it all. Pretty much any class can do it by gear swapping. The catch is you are about 80% as good as a pure build for whatever you are doing, but again - you can do anything.

RK is greedier for stats between DB and Spear builds, so its trickier to pull off. Spear used to be something people made for flavor, but some gear came out that made it decent. Also you'll get a lot farther against shadow / holy stuff with spear. As DB kinda sucks against that.

#11 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:08 AM

actually i agree with Ash on this. Fafnir provides a lot of damage already. if your db already kills in 1-2hits when farming noob instance monsters, this can give you the leech you need for unlimited farming, then just swap to RBDH during boss or sth.

#12 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:14 AM

But yeah, in general the point of hybrid is to have one build that can do it all. Pretty much any class can do it by gear swapping. The catch is you are about 80% as good as a pure build for whatever you are doing, but again - you can do anything.

RK is greedier for stats between DB and Spear builds, so its trickier to pull off. Spear used to be something people made for flavor, but some gear came out that made it decent. Also you'll get a lot farther against shadow / holy stuff with spear. As DB kinda sucks against that.

Actually for DB, hybrid does not mean you are only 80% as good. Probably you are almost 90-95% as good because DB is way more gear dependent. The only big difference is the reliance on dex/int foods for instant cast, which is honestly not a big deal for welloff players.

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:24 AM

the main choice to go or not for 120 dex for the temp dex boots as a build that has otherwise no use for it.

#14 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:25 AM

any tips on achieving instant cast?

i use fenrir chain + vanargand and flp + faw since im not using EDA like Ash mention and get rid of my PDM and my cast with dex foods + KK is 10% acording to calc in wiki but it feels soo slow.

#15 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:30 AM

pure DB RK use pdm for instant cast without foods. Otherwise you need to use foods. Last time players can use Dex5/6 robes for instantcast without foods but now you are stuck with fafnir, you choose either PDM or foods.

#16 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:59 AM

the importance of PDM... btw thanks for the information :)

#17 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

what's the minimum aspd db rk's should go for? is it a bad idea to go 120 int 120 dex for faster casting while leaving vit at 100?

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

120dex is a must, 100int is fine so at that point get Vit/Agi and maybe a tiny bit of strength for weight.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

50 str
90 agi
95 int
115 vit
120 dex

it's my old ass build from like 4 years ago, but it does the job just fine.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Just did some test leveling with Fafnir yesterday. Current stats are 120 dex and ~ 90 int 90 vit. Damage doesn't really need to get higher for DB to be useful in the cases DB is used, but it will scale with my base level anyway. I'm thinking I can drop 10 int and get ~62 agi 100 str 60 luk instead. Just to maximize PDM. Lindy and Dogtag give a lot of crit and so does bio5 hat. I assume theres more than enough crit to CS with. Plus a lot of dex to MB / IB / Storm Blast with. Cast time has seemed pretty fine for a while now. I don't know exactly how far off I am from instant cast but between skill delay, aspd, and lag .1 sec cast time is effectively the same as 0 cast time.

#21 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

can get yourself an incubus pet bro. pharaoh+ incubus is basically unlimited SP.

Also, you can consider 90str 72luk or even just 80/80. Still get mobscarf bonus, more defense pierce and cost less stats than 100str, 60luk. The 90str also gives you same INT bonus from PDM.

When you play hybrid DB, your main job is still DB so you shouldn't cut too much int/vit. The sidejob is crit just to deal with select enemies.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 22 April 2019 - 09:36 PM.

#22 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

Wonder if it's worth buying CS gear just to kill HP and Pally at Bio4 instance.

I can kill them with DB, but I have to slowly damage them down to element change HP all the while kiting them in a circle through Deluge and that's a pain in the ass.

Edited by Zayaan, 22 April 2019 - 10:35 PM.

#23 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:46 AM

I modeled my Hybrid DB to take down Valkyrie in 1-hit without needing overly expensive stuff. Getting kill on valk with double attack from Surcoat just takes:

Top- Acute 3 ORC

Mid/Lower- Mob set

armor- MTBA Angry Ninetails

Weapon- +12 Lindy Hop any 2*FS enchant

Garment - Surcoat of death blow

Boots - Temporal LUK boots/gray wing boots

Acc1 - Dogtag with GS

Acc2 - PDM/BSG

80 STR/LUK, so all other stats is centered around DB.

This already does around 3.4M dmg on valk with full food buffs, spellshield etc. I would say it's mid-level gears for serious CRIT RK (lindy and Acute Enchant). Once you get to extremes (like my +15lindy and MOT card), i even one-shot valk without needing double attack on my hybrid (using FAW, str6 flat and temporal ring).

Bio4, however, is a different story. It is considerably more expensive to one-shot HP and especially Pally(6.9M HP lol) in Bio4 with hybrid DB Crush strike, since they are medium size. There is no guaranteed kills for hybrid DB, only that 66% chance with Double attack from surcoat or turisus activation (or both lol).

EG: Using Acute5, +14 Lindy and AbusiveSTR5(angry ninetails), i am able to deal 4M CS with double attack to randel/HP. It's enough to kill HP with leftover attacks from zerk, but not Pally. Unless you get that lucky 15% turisus proc, you will need to die once after the first CS to Pally on Hybrid DB. It takes the full extreme +15 Lindy with MOT to be able to almost kill Pally with Double Attack Crush Strike on hybrid DB(model damage is 6.6M).

Is it worth it? If it is for valk, it's pretty worth since it's very reliable. For bio4, maybe not so much because you not only need extra cost for crit gears, but also stat investment into str/luk, forcing your RK to be a food consumer from henceforth. Later on, if we can get squirrel hat from OCP, it will be even better though. No stat investment in LUK required for full 100% defense pierce, no need for bio5 enchant and access to 2 accessory slots for more crit dmg. In that case i would 100% recommend ALL RKs to have a side CRIT hybrid.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 23 April 2019 - 12:58 AM.

#24 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:26 AM

Oh I wasn't looking to one shot, just need to get them down to 70% and they're dead from there. Though HP changes to water element and that's not ideal especially if it's water 3 or 4. Pally changes to fire though, which is just bad times for him.

Your build for ET looks pretty nice. I'm betting you clear ET quicker than Genes do with it. :P

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:33 AM

hehe ET clearing's been retardedly fast since fafnir scale came. Anyways if you just want to reduce to 70% hp, maybe you don't even need the stats for it. Just get around 60-80STR and use lindydogtag. Replace pdm with bsg and don even need acute hg, just a evil marching hat for crits and done.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 23 April 2019 - 01:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users