DB RKs - magic (and cheap) toy rings - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

DB RKs - magic (and cheap) toy rings

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Guess we found the simplest and cheapest solution to the holy blasphemy duo in bio5.

With just 2 toy rings you can be bashing 130K+ (maybe up to 200K with toy ring fix) with IB+bash combo @80 STR.

Gears:
HG: ORC (+8-14), any enchant
mid/lower: any
Weapon: Glorious claymore(flameberge for shield users) +9-14 (Damage and 30% def pierce)
Armor: Holy MTBA+9 (70% pierce and protecc yo ass against them holy smites)
garment: any
boots: temporal str FS
accessories: 2 toy rings.

Gear swap system makes this work out very nicely since you can change entire set of gears in a split second, ready to bash holy heads into their early graves with cursed waters.

https://www.divine-p...y/download/1188 (again maybe i change to YT when i got time)

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 23 April 2019 - 07:38 PM.

#2 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Server:quit

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

What do you think about pure bash build ?

#3 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

Guess we found the simplest and cheapest solution to the holy blasphemy duo in bio5.

With just 2 toy rings you can be bashing 130K+ (maybe up to 200K with toy ring fix) with IB+bash combo @80 STR.

https://www.divine-p...y/download/1188 (again maybe i change to YT when i got time)

awesome. by the way, Toy Ring is actually slotted.
they're fixing the visual description next maint.

What do you think about pure bash build ?

it's decent. it's a cheaper alternative for physical RKs who can't afford Lindy Hop and BIO5 enchant RNG.

#4 AlohaJayce

AlohaJayce

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:19 AM

Will definitely try the gears that you suggested. Can wipe most monsters there except RG and AB.

#5 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:08 AM

haha didn’t know you play RK too jayce!

#6 AlohaJayce

AlohaJayce

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:13 AM

Oh no. lol. I was playing AB and supporting a DB RK yesterday. :D T'was fun, no need for strings since can kill fast. 

#7 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:10 AM

Is the super cute dog currently in effect? Or are you just using meat as it is?

#8 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:21 AM

awesome as always my friend!

#9 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

This is what I've been looking for since the first time Toy Ring is out. Bought 2 already.
Seems like good alternative build Bash and BB.
I am glad RK has lot of builds now.

Gears:
HG: ORC (+8-14), any enchant
mid/lower: any
Weapon: Glorious claymore(flameberge for shield users) +9-14 (Damage and 30% def pierce)
Armor: Holy MTBA+9 (70% pierce and protecc yo ass against them holy smites)
garment: any
boots: temporal str FS
accessories: 2 toy rings.

Gear swap system makes this work out very nicely since you can change entire set of gears in a split second, ready to bash holy heads into their early graves with cursed waters.

#10 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

The effect is on. Even Meats are better than rank WSP with Toy Syringe+Flamel card atm. The problem is weight 15ea. Need to rodex severals of it. Lol

Is the super cute dog currently in effect? Or are you just using meat as it is?

#11 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

suggested optimized stats? why didnt you use mob scarf for the set-up used in the replay?

#12 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:54 PM

Tengu Scroll for HP leeching when Spamming DB.
Mob Scarf when swap to be Critical.

#13 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:27 PM

He didnt use mob in the replay when he switched to 2*toy ring set-up. Or was that a bug?

Also, how important is mob scarf for this build?

#14 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:31 PM

Haha, i didn't use mob scarf to make my point that you can use any mid/lower and it will work. 

Basically if you were my crit hybrid build, mobscarf gives +12% ATK, but that's not the point i want to show here. Cuz my hybrid takes 80STR/LUK which is way more than necessary for just bash (i recommend just that 70-80STR).

If you have 120INT, you can use seraphim for example and deal alot more damage, or if you didnt, even a tengu mask will work. The biggest damage part here comes from the bash multiplier, defense pierce and human % from glorious, so anything else are all just bonus.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 April 2019 - 09:31 PM.

#15 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

Is this the same crush strike- db hybrid you use for fighting valk with a db rk? I assume mob scarf is more important for cs?

#16 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:08 PM

it really necessary to go hybrid instead of going DB all the way and accept the fact of limitation of RKs?

#17 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:25 PM

yeap. all of my db rks are Crush strike hybrids. Just a waste not to be when i have awesome crit gears. 

Essentially you can go INT120 style DB RK and be as pure a DB build as possible and still do high bash damage with seraphim. DB RK's stats are very very flexible- all you really need is 120DEX for that FCT. You can decide on your own VIT/INT based on cast time, equip, goals etc, and still have enough to do whatever add-on you want or can afford to include.

Example:

STR 80
AGI 33

VIT 100

INT 120

DEX 120

LUK 2

This is almost as pure a DB RK can get, except slightly lower vit (usually i see 110VIT DB RK). The 80 STR is not really wasted as PDM gives you another 12INT so that's damage and cast time too. At the same time you can use seraphim and still do very high physical dmg with just 72 str if you want to. Can you do Crush strike with this stats? Absolutely.

Lindy with 2 SHARP5 =30CRIT,

dogtag = 50 CRIT,

Critical Shadow Armor =10 CRIT

Luk Food+Poring Pretzel = almost 10 CRIT

Temporal Ring+Lucky Day = 13 CRIT

That's already 114 CRIT without a single point in LUK, and no Acute Enchant headgear. Your CS will still one-shot Valk with Surcoat if your lindy is highly upgraded (like +12) and you use seraphim for that 250ATK.

So you can see from the above example that with so many new gears, there also means a lot of different ways to build your DB RK. The thing is whether you want to get those add-on and put a little stats into them. For player like me who started with CRIT in the first place, i have everything to make a hybrid as strong as possible, so it's a no brainer choice to add on CRIT. For another player, you will have to choose for yourself man, whether it's worth it to get the extra stats/equip to get pass DB's weakness.

*Edit* Said before but i say again, the more new stuff we receive, the more sense it makes to add a hybrid actually. There's still squirrel hat that hasn't come that gives full defense pierce and crit% without needing luk, and also the MVP combo Mid HG for Orc hero card which adds a lot of ATK for having VIT (having 120VIT gives you 300ATK LOL). Tons of further updates all boost physical RK skills too, like clashing spiral becoming a really hard hitter skill. All these let you make your RK wholesome with tools to deal with all situations IF you gear for it.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 April 2019 - 10:38 PM.

#18 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:50 PM

interesting... having hard time to segregate the stats since im focus on high vit for more hp so i can one shot 120k hp instance monomons my fault btw and thanks for the stats. cheers!

#19 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:14 AM

Would it be a good trade off if i put those str points to agi for higher aspd and faster db spamming?

#20 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:22 AM

Don't think you caught my point bro. I put that up to show you that you can have str and still good db stats that's all... if all you want is chase maximum db then you need zero str.

#21 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:41 AM

What I actually understood was, since RK is heavily gear-reliant, going hybrid builds from pure DB is feasible without compromising a lot of DB potential. (Thanks for the comprehensive explanation btw)

But I'm just wondering how much 80 str contributes to your physical damage (e.g. CS and bash) and how much damage would I lose if i just put those in agi instead since spamming bash needs agi anyway. 

#22 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:48 AM

You are right, it is a lot more about gears than stats, but the stats like str still make size-able differences for physical skills, since Twohand swords generally have very high base weapon atk. Obviously, the more well equipped you are, the less str you can add and still hit good damage. 

Put it this way, with +15 lindy and MOT, if i wanted i can have 1str and still one-hit valk, but i would need to use surcoat so it no longer becomes guaranteed. But i need 80str/80luk to one-shot valk without relying on any sort of rng from double attack.

Under normal circumstances (average gear), you will need STR to make your physical skills do damage that is worth the effort to bring additional gears.

#23 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:51 AM

Tested them 2x Toy Rings lent to me by a very good friend of mine. Works wonders. I completely forgot about the Seraphim Coronet coz I dont play Genes.

Thinking of these setup with Seraphim Coro on gear switching:

S 61

A 60

V 100

I 120

D 120

L 1

Thoughts?

#24 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:03 AM

Seems like interesting build with Seraphim Coronet. Maxing DB damage and still 1hitKO of CS. Seems like would reset one of my RK to be DB-Sera then.
It means that the default Armor for Bypass would be MBTA. Sadly hard to use another armor then, since no luk for PDM purposes.
By theory, I am sure this build would have good damage of Bash/BB/IB/Crit.
Looking forward to see someone testing it, since cant online atm.

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:25 AM

you can change your stats however it suits you guys, as long as it fits your gear setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users