DB RK vs. Valkyrie Randgris. Can it be done? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

DB RK vs. Valkyrie Randgris. Can it be done?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 itssarah

itssarah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO - Chaos

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

So I recently started gearing up my RK and have everything best in slot with the exception of MVP cards. I can clear up to Valk with no issues, and can even kill Ifirit in less than 10 seconds, then I get to Valk floor and I can't do anything.

I have tried using Porococa Shoes for Deluge, and can only get 5-10 wDBs off before she somehow removes Deluge, forcing me to wear love piece, keep porococa shoes on, and recast whenever she does. Even doing this I am still finding this floor to be nearly impossible.

Is the only way to kill her with a pure DB RK to go hybrid HS build, or am I just SOL on this floor unless I bring physical damage alt or friend?

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:44 PM

stand on the corner of deluge, then just walk

#3 itssarah

itssarah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

What do you mean just walk? I've tried casting deluge in a corner and standing in the corner, but she or her adds always ends up removing it somehow and my damage goes back to 0.

#4 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:33 PM

Not possible solo. Go hybrid and use CS.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:01 PM

while extremely impractical, she shouldnt remove all of your deluge in a single cast granted you position appropriately and have knockback immunity.

here's your deluge
727e43ecc65230fd0d8833f4fc1cd397.png

after she ganbantein and you are at the corner

0d40b2a5c7fe1b72b4972c7a7cb4c39b.png

and another 2 times

860675a1af0a0589ed2d28d305d612c8.png   9b720446128a6a74390d408ba79519fa.png

problem is her Ganbantein is on a fairly short cooldown, so this would last you maybe 20s or so. Now if you have the damage to kill her doing this and survive the hits at the same time it's a whole other story

#6 itssarah

itssarah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:22 PM

Green Ale with assump scrolls kept me alive pretty well using a lot of HP % stuff with 147k health. The problem was getting her down during deluge, however, I did not know what skill she had that was clearing deluge effect. This is good info to know that it works this way. Thanks a lot! I'll try her again next week and see how it goes, if I still can't down her, I'll switch to some DB/physical hybrid variant I suppose, as she, and the bio mvps are really the only ones I have had any issues with so far.

#7 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:39 PM

Zyn and blackCROSS can help ya.

#8 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:50 PM

pure DB is really difficult to finish alone. Many have tried it over the years and failed. Now with fafnir scale, DB dmg is the highest it's ever been, so i can get that people will try to use deluge to get pass her (I rmb seeing zayaan's video last year, with his godlike gears getting pass valk with DB RK and it only did like 35K dmg, so it still takes a long time).

However, as you guys already discussed extensively, valk is quick to spam gambatein so if you are soloing, it's going to get removed pretty quickly. Not to mention once you spend like what, 5-10mins wasting a lot of time recasting deluge and gettting a few wDB off, she reaches 1M HP and boom, here comes Power Up, Agi Up, Earthquake. You're 100% going to die that one time at least when it happens, unless you're a GTB user (but i read here no MVP). Then you revive to her triple damage and double aspd hits, which are very hard to survive without spamming lots of pots and yggs unless you go like some 70%+ reduc build (which severely limits your DB dmg).

In any case, if you somehow manage to kill her that way, good for you, but it will be so bad an experience i don't think you want to do it every week. Like being a masochist looking for somewhere to burn a lot of consumables and time- all for something that someone else takes a couple of seconds to get over.

If you insist on clearing with a pure DB RK, consider getting a tank duo. At least with the tank taking valk's attention, your deluge doesnt get cancelled so you can just braindead spam wDB until she's dead.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 April 2019 - 06:55 PM.

#9 itssarah

itssarah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Well crap, I was kind of hoping this wasn't the case and I could just change something to be able to get her down solo. I'll still try it next week with Ashuckel's advice and see how that plays out. If I can't do it, I'll gear up my gene a bit more for full clears I suppose, and just duo with a physical or tank friend on my RK, or just solo up to Valk then stop.

Thanks for the advice guys! Maybe in the future pure DB RKs will get some sort of item to be able to take down Valk easier, but I think we met our quota on gear for the next few years with RBDH and Fafnir being released.

#10 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

very unlikely that db rk will get any tool to take down valk. Even deluge imo is a loophole that wasn't supposed to happen.

Simply because RK wasn't designed to be a semi-wizard in the first place. It's a whole class that's supposed to revolve around ATK and defense in a balance, but end up skewed towards the DB design because they gave long CDs to the third class skills and made DB the only spammable skill. DB is just supposed to a tool to the class's arsenal of skills, not the end-all.

kRO is trying so damn hard to run the other direction against db now, making all kinds of small and weird buffs to different RK skills and making damn near sure they do not improve DB anymore (in fact they tried to hardlock the animation delay so ppl can never spam it without walking). Just that it might be too late for that, DB is already a godmode tool.

Anyways, even here, you can still go for various kinds of hybrid to deal with valk. The RK class has so many skills that can do it- Crush strike is just one of them (albeit the best one IMO). There's still IB,HS, Clashing Spiral, or even just bash, but you will have to plan for it, so it's never as brain dead as press DB.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 April 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#11 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

Not worth the investment. Stop at Valk and accept defeat.

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

I wouldn't call deluge a loophole :I

But knowing kRO, they will make a Dragon's Dark Breath at some point, hell, they could make it a quest third class skill that you get from Nidhoggur :^)

#13 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:02 PM

The more new gears and updates we receive, the more worthwhile it becomes actually.

Especially 185 update. The extra stat points from 175-185 is way better put into STR to allow an additional hybrid form than into more INT/VIT where you get very minor gains at that point.

*edit* if we get dark dragon breath than RK officially needs to change name to DK already hahahha.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 25 April 2019 - 10:03 PM.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

The more new gears and updates we receive, the more worthwhile it becomes actually.

Especially 185 update. The extra stat points from 175-185 is way better put into STR to allow an additional hybrid form than into more INT/VIT where you get very minor gains at that point.

*edit* if we get dark dragon breath than RK officially needs to change name to DK already hahahha.

Pretty sure 185 doesn't give us extra stat points.

#15 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

isit, didn’t know that. So sad

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:40 PM

isit, didn’t know that. So sad

No idea if anything has changed, I haven't followed up in future stuffs in a long time because I assume I won't see them until I am long dead, but the original intent was to not give more stat points but give other attribute boosting factors.

Obviously your HP/SP would go up, but aside from that, it was just extra skill points and a few new skills iirc. Not that you need extra skill points for RK.

#17 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:25 PM

176-185 give you stat point as usual.

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:41 PM

176-185 give you stat point as usual.

Icic, can't wait to add moar points to the old stats.

#19 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

I did ET duo last night with my friend.
He used full DB RK build. And I used Critical build.
Clearly DB RK cant do anything toward Valki. Meanwhile Critical just killed it 1 hit KO with Crush Strike.
Accept the fact that DB cannot kill everyhing (not to mention godly gear, even with godly gear cant do 1 shoot like CS) and IB RK hard to kill mob with Reflect Shield.
The answer is, go hybrid or play with your friend and get some fun.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:47 AM

Hybrid is great, but how does one do bypass without MOT card? Can't invest 126 Luk with DB, that's too many points gone.

#21 yuzknight2

yuzknight2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:51 AM

If want to get 100% bypass.
36+ LUK and MBTA.
If want 75% bypass from PDM 90 LUK and free to use every armor like Abyss Dress, MBTA, Nature, Flat/Abu STR and so on.

#22 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

or BSG for 50% pierce

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 27 April 2019 - 01:24 AM.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

It was the original plan, that you'd "transcend" a second time and you'd start unlocking "mastery" on your skills/stats. But kRO was ultimately very late and couldnt deliver it in time, so it just rolled out another 10 lvls regularly. gg

#24 Chimang

Chimang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:28 AM

What is budget build for Hybrid RK? I don't own ORC or Lindy Hop and feel like its too much to invest to finish ET when I can just gear a gene to get the job done.

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

RK class has always been dependent on gear, so it will be very hard to make a budget build kill valkyrie easily, not to mention a Hybrid who has less stats available for CS than a pure CRIT. If you dont have the funds, you might want to just give up for now. Even if you can kill valk with replacement gears, hybrid db rks are more reliant on foods to have instant cast (for a good time playing) so that's also extra cost (not suitable for budget conscious players).

If that doesn't pull you away, maybe you can use stuff like Evil marching hat, Violet fear+12(2AK) and restless dead MTBA (to make ur VF unbreakable) for crush strike but the dmg won't exceed 2m with double attack so you will have to die 1-3 times at least. Probably don't bother until you can get a lindy. Killing valk without high budget is more feasible for pure crit RKs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users