Server population ~ Forums Activity - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Server population ~ Forums Activity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#1 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

Credits to Scuba aka Illitirate Games on Youtube for his feedback, which I largely agree on!

Can the GM's speak to plans on bringing more players to the server?

Suggestions:

• VIP Revamp (See Scuba's Video) 
  • Marketing strategies revolving ads on facebook, twitter, steam, and other media.
  • New updates to the game
  • More events and engagement
  • ...>Add your suggestions.

I would like to know if the GM's are currently looking at this very important issue for the health of our server.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 14 May 2019 - 06:55 PM.

#2 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:05 PM

my suggestion is to close those dying servers, then focus on what's left

Edited by pao0, 30 April 2019 - 05:05 PM.

#3 Stormblitz

Stormblitz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

It’s not about how much we lost, it’s about how much we have left.

#4 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:49 PM

pRO did most of those things. currently the population is somewhat meh.

#5 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

we're in the endgame now

#6 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

And of course no official response from even the VMods.....

The silence speaks volumes.  

#7 Keith

Keith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Think about all those advertisements you see for rip off games on Facebook.  Do you think that those marketing advertisements work for bringing players?

The game has been in maintenance mode for a long time and the primary focus should be on player retention.  Gaining new players is a second.

A new player that has no concept of the game is going to have a very difficult time getting started and progressing. Even with many things like Janeway, Bonus EXP, etc.  It isn't as simple as to give someone a character class and boost them up and expect them to stay.  It takes a long time to wrap your head around more of the game when you are first entering.

Not to mention that amount of disinformation available on the internet.  Many players still reading out dated guides, watching out dated tutorials, etc.  There isn't a stable source outside of the active community if you want to answer/ask questions.

Now that I've brought the community up.  Your best chance of getting new players to come and stay is by helping them to understand things.  The most common questions for new players are going to be how to get rich and level as fast possible obviously.  There could be a million opinions on how to do this.  When players realize they have to invest time and or real money, this is when you will see that retention is a bigger problem.

Yes someone can come in and purchase a 30 day 1500 KP package and by the time it expires they will be gone.  This isn't bad for business practice as it gives them time to sample.  But the biggest factor in this equation is the player base to open and receive these new players.  

As I said before, the game is in maintenance mode.  Many of the active players come and go at their leisure right now.  I personally feel the game is more appealing to returning players.  If anything, we should promote for those players to return.

#8 xMLGzus

xMLGzus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1117 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

Big events are what players come back. All the high end players already has +12 gear and mvps. They come back to make things +14 and get a shot at high tier mvps without getting beat by someone who is camping it (Christmas event is a good example).

Let's face it once you have all end game gear for multiple characters all you have left is to grind are those wanted cards or gear. So for me personally a chance to get high end mvps and upgrade is what makes me come back. Currently I'm only played to get a jdr RIP my rng

Edited by xMLGzus, 01 May 2019 - 01:30 PM.

#9 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:52 PM

There is no merit in returning once youve quit most especially since the meta changes like every effin month

#10 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:38 PM

cant count on returning players solely either, the game and how people want to structure challenging out of it isnt exactly appealing to people as they age. not for everyone but most likely for the bulk of us

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:48 PM

There is no merit in returning once youve quit most especially since the meta changes like every effin month

Unless you partake in a competitive scenario( woe lul) there's no need to "keep up" with the tiny improvements that happen that yet still cost billions.

If you could kill stuff before, you can still do it now. Ppl obsessing over having the best possible gear, spending billions for a 1% improvement, are just throwing money away.

Anyways.

Big events bring more of the "mid end" ppl back than high end. Ppl at the top usually either dont care like the rest for it, or are invested in the game regardless of what is going on.

Those big login numbers during drop/exp/janeway events? Sorry, thats mostly existing players alt accounts.

What has historically brough ppl back to the game are things that change up the gameplay, like new content, updates to class/skills, new equipment(even cash shop stuff), new systems, etc.

Edited by Ashuckel, 01 May 2019 - 04:52 PM.

#12 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

There's just... nothing new to do anymore. You look at all the other official servers and we just seem so behind. We don't even have Nightmore OGH yet. So much content available but so few actually made it live. We don't really need more gear/cards, we just need more things to do at this point. Bossnia might even be a good idea. People these days are so geared already.

Edited by frankvanmayer, 01 May 2019 - 05:49 PM.

#13 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

And "a visit from studio" recently delaying more update lol

#14 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

They've brought Gioia once and many people logged in. I suggest ... bring back Gioia and put him in seasonal events again :D

#15 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

They've brought Gioia once and many people logged in. I suggest ... bring back Gioia and put him in seasonal events again :D

Think i can make a whole thread just about you mentioning Gioia  :p_smile:

#16 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

As much as I like this game you might as well close the server with the current state without any significant content updates for a prolonged period of time

#17 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Think i can make a whole thread just about you mentioning Gioia :p_smile:

Please go ahead so maybe we will get Gioia again. Like it or not, tons of people logged in during that period. I simply suggested the best solution to get people to log in haha

#18 AlohaJayce

AlohaJayce

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

As much as I like this game you might as well close the server with the current state without any significant content updates for a prolonged period of time

Yau being straightforward. But yeah, no new content/updates so what's the point of continuing this game. Though I like this game too, but seeing WP doesn't give anything to make us stay then better leave the game. 

#19 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:07 PM

Yau being straightforward. But yeah, no new content/updates so what's the point of continuing this game. Though I like this game too, but seeing WP doesn't give anything to make us stay then better leave the game.

I would come back if they bring NOGH update

#20 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

easy access CLab without long ass quest is bae

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

Bring these and people will play again:

kRO Weapons, Hats & Costumes (where's my Metal Stick [3] & General Helm??)

Runestone Improvement
Nightmare Old Glast Heim
Illusion Dungeons 

Level 185 update

#22 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

Even NOGH will get boring fast because we already have more powerful and cheaper gears. NOGH items are kind of irreverent now.

Tbh, WoE is where everyone should be doing. You just don’t know outcomes and consequences. Maybe this week you win but next week you lose. Then after WoE, you sit and watch replays of your game (ignore cheaters you spotted lol). You evaluate your performances and why your build doesn’t work on some players. You spend time trying to improve your build, your gears, and your play style, hoping to win the same enemies. Now if the same enemies also improve themselves? What if new gears bring new meta and change WoE? There are possibilities and uncertainties. That’s why WoE is very dynamic and fun.

It only gets boring now when everyone quit for whatever reasons. Personal experiences, if you don’t mind cheaters not getting banned or WoE rewards are worse than OCP or some WoE reward can be obtained through PvM. You definitely should try WoE with friends.

If WoE is fun, people don’t even care much about new updates and contents. Funny that it’s also WoE folks who spend money to support the game.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

NOGH items are far from irrelevant.

#24 yauhoilun

yauhoilun