Server population ~ Forums Activity - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Server population ~ Forums Activity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#26 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

NOGH or Gioia nothing else excites me in this game

I didn't know you played Lock, Sorc or Ranger :U

#27 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

I didn't know you played Lock, Sorc or Ranger :U

Yes GX is my main but I played RK, WL, sorc, gene, and RG (just to own Chakri)

#28 AlohaJayce

AlohaJayce

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

If ever you wanna come back, your WL gears are ready. XD

#29 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

I feel like Gravity doesn't have the budget for it but I agree with more advertisements it'll be cool to see like a big display on YouTube or something but since it's free to play most of the advertisements come from the actual in game players I feel like.  If you think about it iRO or RO in general has been up for a long time competing with old school mmorpgs that have thousands upon thousands of players so we must be doing something right.

We’re in the end game.

Lmfao, stop it. :heh: :heh: :heh:

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:50 AM

Unless you partake in a competitive scenario( woe lul) there's no need to "keep up" with the tiny improvements that happen that yet still cost billions.

Which is basically what is keeping thor barely living atm so welp might just be me talking bout thor stuff xD

#31 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:18 AM

Tbh, WoE is where everyone should be doing. You just don’t know outcomes and consequences. Maybe this week you win but next week you lose. Then after WoE, you sit and watch replays of your game (ignore cheaters you spotted lol). You evaluate your performances and why your build doesn’t work on some players. You spend time trying to improve your build, your gears, and your play style, hoping to win the same enemies. Now if the same enemies also improve themselves? What if new gears bring new meta and change WoE? There are possibilities and uncertainties. That’s why WoE is very dynamic and fun.

It only gets boring now when everyone quit for whatever reasons. Personal experiences, if you don’t mind cheaters not getting banned or WoE rewards are worse than OCP or some WoE reward can be obtained through PvM. You definitely should try WoE with friends.

If WoE is fun, people don’t even care much about new updates and contents. Funny that it’s also WoE folks who spend money to support the game.

WoE would be great and all... but how do you make it so that people like me could play if the times WoE is open are so limited? Unless they start offering more WoE time slots so that I might have a chance of finding one that works in my limited amount of online time, I'll never really get to play.

You can't say that WoE is where everyone should be unless we can somehow make WoE an option for everyone.

Years and years ago, I played WoW when it first came out (back before even the first expansion was released). Back then, their PvP was open 24/7, and you could join matches at any time. Like the BG environment that we have in iRO. I don't know if the way WoE is structured around allowing guilds to hold the dungeons would ever accommodate something like that, but you would almost need to have an option to allow WoE to start at any time of the day/week to truly be able to bring more people into the WoE world.

That's just my $0.02. Take it for what it's worth.

#32 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

Tbh, WoE is where everyone should be doing. You just don’t know outcomes and consequences. Maybe this week you win but next week you lose. Then after WoE, you sit and watch replays of your game (ignore cheaters you spotted lol). You evaluate your performances and why your build doesn’t work on some players. You spend time trying to improve your build, your gears, and your play style, hoping to win the same enemies. Now if the same enemies also improve themselves? What if new gears bring new meta and change WoE? There are possibilities and uncertainties. That’s why WoE is very dynamic and fun.

It only gets boring now when everyone quit for whatever reasons. Personal experiences, if you don’t mind cheaters not getting banned or WoE rewards are worse than OCP or some WoE reward can be obtained through PvM. You definitely should try WoE with friends.

If WoE is fun, people don’t even care much about new updates and contents. Funny that it’s also WoE folks who spend money to support the game.

The only way to make WoE truly fun would be to completely level the playing field, i.e. make it so that ZERO cash shop items or upper tier items can be used. Nothing worse than a snot nosed 12 year old that has conned mommy and daddy to buying a [Removed] ton of kp for them to be competitive kicking the hell out of you. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 May 2019 - 10:11 AM.
Mod Edit: Filter bypass.

#33 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:43 AM

Also still not surprised that NO ONE OFFICIAL  has bothered to even respond to us. More examples of lack of care about player base.

#34 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

The only way to make WoE truly fun would be to completely level the playing field, i.e. make it so that ZERO cash shop items or upper tier items can be used. Nothing worse than a snot nosed 12 year old that has conned mommy and daddy to buying a [Removed] ton of kp for them to be competitive kicking the hell out of you. 

What broke WoE, imo, was not really OCPs but Bio5 gears. Before we got Bio5 update, in fact, I WoE'd with Eden gears and killed OCP-geared folks from top guilds. Though that's because I had experiences and I knew how those players played their characters. Now I don't think its even possible to WoE with Eden gears, due to Bio5 items.

For normal casual players, then this will be very hard. What I'm saying is, not only OCPs should be banned but so are Bio 5 headgears/cards, which I believe are more broken than OCPs.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 May 2019 - 10:11 AM.
Mod Edit: edited in quote.

#35 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:49 AM

We'll be overlooked.

1993972930_TotalRevenue.png.d4af032d783f

#36 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

We'll be overlooked.

1993972930_TotalRevenue.png.d4af032d783f

RoM is dead. WoE is dumb. Can just auto afk precast for 15 mins then no one attacks each other’s hahah

#37 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

What broke WoE, imo, was not really OCPs but Bio5 gears. Before we got Bio5 update, in fact, I WoE'd with Eden gears and killed OCP-geared folks from top guilds. Though that's because I had experiences and I knew how those players played their characters. Now I don't think its even possible to WoE with Eden gears, due to Bio5 items.

For normal casual players, then this will be very hard. What I'm saying is, not only OCPs should be banned but so are Bio 5 headgears/cards, which I believe are more broken than OCPs.

That's why I said all top tier gears. But I should have included cards as well.

#38 Keith

Keith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:57 PM

Banning certain gears from WoE is just going to influence those people to stop playing WoE.

People don't spend years obtaining an advantage just for someone to come in and take it away.  You would be as likely to lose the majority of the people that are still invested in WoE as gaining anyone else who would come back.

To even further that note.  If God items held the same kind of swing that they did in classic iRO.  You would for sure see more people pushing to WoE.  Having items that were truly insane to try to achieve was one of the things that drove this games PVP system for many years.  It made and broke guild relations constantly, it created major competition, it brought people who would seriously invest their time.

If God items could be reworked or new ones could be added in some how.  Something that could make a difference.  I feel like it would push the game in an upwards direction again.  But that doesn't go without saying that it could also just as easily plummit once people started dominating with those items.  You would literally be sitting in the same predicament were it would be one major guild outfitted in Best in slot gears, MVP cards, KVM, and God tier items versus people trying to come in with OCP / Cash shop.

The PVP aspect of this was attractive for a long time.  Now it doesn't feel like it is as much.  As I returned, I don't feel safe enough to commit myself to WoE as I am not prepared to invest the billions upon billions of zenny I will need to compete with long standing players.  I could probably do some or be alright.  But it isn't comforting enough to know that someone will be breathing down my neck to buy this and to buy that.  You need this.  You need that.  You need a +18 one of these.  lol.  Easier to do this one I am rich and then I can buy the gear of someone who finally is giving up on it.

That all being said.  Maybe another good idea would be to open up some more PVP in the world or via instance.  Maybe an MVP dungeon that is free for all such as the guild dungeons were.  But the guild dungeons have the problem you have to be under the banner to get in.  With the current state.  Guilds are dominating the entire WoE map so they usually don't have any competition in the guild dungeon.   They should do something like this that is inviting for players and rewarding to enter.  More MVPs in these dungeons/instances that players can FFA or go in as a party and compete for a kill on a rare MVP that is usually locked by an access quest (Fallen Bishop, Kiel D-01, Gloom Under Night).  Etc.

#39 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

I always thought people want OP gears so they can be better than other people in WoE, then people complained about MVPs being too OP.

Now that OCP can pretty much replace every MVP and previously OP gears, people complain about being one shotted and how OCP gears are too strong. The “playing fields” has been equaled. Bio5 hats and OCP gears are the OP. But people who complain still have 30 excuses to not WoE.

#40 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

@Cinnamon, can you point Camp to this thread please?

#41 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:09 PM

TL;DR

widely suggested to just ban OCP gears from WoE scenario. leave the mvps and kro stuffs.

invest in media, announces.

bring back the iRO RWC edition.

get a real marketing senior, do awesome ragnarok videos ans spread all over the social medias. tbh I've seen more interest video edits from players than official servers

try to get new blood

#42 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

In my opinion there will be nothing that could stop RO1 from dying. Just let it rest. Everything is for the better. Everyone will be freed. All of us. is. Fred.

#43 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

In my opinion there will be nothing that could stop RO1 from dying. Just let it rest. Everything is for the better. Everyone will be freed. All of us. is. Fred.

when you have weirdo and awful games with better population than iRO (in particular iRO, not all the ro servers) something should be wrong with the admin. how its possible mu online, clash of clans, some old online games, even awful fb games has more players than iRO

#44 FirelandeR

FirelandeR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIn a corner trying to exist

Posted 02 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

when you have weirdo and awful games with better population than iRO (in particular iRO, not all the ro servers) something should be wrong with the admin. how its possible mu online, clash of clans, some old online games, even awful fb games has more players than iRO

Even private servers keep up the patches up and have more population,

But well if the struggle is too much you know what you have to do.

#45 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

Good bye IRO. I am ready.

#46 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

The interesting part is the silence of the GMs and Vmods.

#47 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:09 PM

Because they know there is no plan for new contents

But at same time hope those who still playing will stick around for last bit of milking from ocp and upcoming mad bunny

#48 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

when your boat about to sink, but you cant do anything unless the captain said so.  :heh:

#49 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

Said before that dont let WoE die. No WoE = RIP lol

#50 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

They only seem to respond when they can twist the narrative in their favor... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users