Server population ~ Forums Activity - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Server population ~ Forums Activity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#76 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

ROFL

#77 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

What the actual heck happened here?

#78 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

Gremlins

#79 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

Food Fight~~~~!

#80 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

too slow, we took care of it

#81 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

we refilled the cinnamon shaker

#82 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

too slow, we took care of it

Ok good.

#83 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

If mods and GMs choose to ignore posts requesting an update on new contents I think it is only fair you guys also ignore drama posts because honestly it is more entertaining than the game itself now.

#84 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

oh man the broken record was brought back to life how did i miss it :U

#85 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:42 AM

If mods and GMs choose to ignore posts requesting an update on new contents I think it is only fair you guys also ignore drama posts because honestly it is more entertaining than the game itself now.

GMs can't do anything about updates and requests. Like, what do you want them to say or do? "Oh, sure, we'll put them tomorrow at your request!" They can't do that. At best they can continue pushing kRO for them to give content to us. And they already say that on FAQs.

GMS CANNOT CHANGE THE GAME AT THEIR LEISURE.

The need permission from kRO for every single change within official content. They can't change drop rates, they can't modify enchant rates, they can't create sprites, they can't add cards, they can't change item/card effects. But forum drama? They have control over that. They can actually intervene and do something. That's why they do it.

I know WP hass been shady at times and lacks transparency, but can we please stop this useless bantering for updates like they are keeping it in a box just refusing to implement it? Don't you think they're as sick of these comments as we are sick of waiting? We're both tied.

Suggest custom content, explain what's wrong and propose suggestions, ask in FAQs, there are still ways to help. Comments like yours just aggravate the problem and scares new players away.

#86 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

Looking for new players is a lost cause anyway

#87 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Not getting new contents was not even the main issue. Warpportal just had to keep making bad decisions again and again to get rid off players one way or another.

#88 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:49 PM

Wow 5 pages before anyone with any kind of authority posts? Sad...

#89 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

ITs JuSt BeCaUsE oF rOm GuYs, It WiLl sOrT iTsElF oUt LiKe ToTaLlY :-)

#90 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:35 PM

GMs can't do anything about updates and requests. Like, what do you want them to say or do? "Oh, sure, we'll put them tomorrow at your request!" They can't do that. At best they can continue pushing kRO for them to give content to us. And they already say that on FAQs.

GMS CANNOT CHANGE THE GAME AT THEIR LEISURE.

The need permission from kRO for every single change within official content. They can't change drop rates, they can't modify enchant rates, they can't create sprites, they can't add cards, they can't change item/card effects. But forum drama? They have control over that. They can actually intervene and do something. That's why they do it.

I know WP hass been shady at times and lacks transparency, but can we please stop this useless bantering for updates like they are keeping it in a box just refusing to implement it? Don't you think they're as sick of these comments as we are sick of waiting? We're both tied.

Suggest custom content, explain what's wrong and propose suggestions, ask in FAQs, there are still ways to help. Comments like yours just aggravate the problem and scares new players away.

lol this guy thinks new players would be attracted to bots, cheaters, ocps, inflated market, dead woe, and overdue content updates

I think I have every right to vent because of consistently undelivered updates from their “plans” and this has been blatantly so for years. People are unhappy and this is the direct consequence of GMs and WP as a whole. If I’m unhappy as a customer why can’t I express this? Give me a break. Keeping silent is for losers.

#91 isssues

isssues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

lol this guy thinks new players would be attracted to bots, cheaters, ocps, inflated market, dead woe, and overdue content updates

I think I have every right to vent because of consistently undelivered updates from their “plans” and this has been blatantly so for years. People are unhappy and this is the direct consequence of GMs and WP as a whole. If I’m unhappy as a customer why can’t I express this? Give me a break. Keeping silent is for losers.

What Akupuff meant is, the company (Gravity, Korea) that developed Ragnarok Online have a bad business model to operate other official servers.

Other official servers (iRO, EuRO, bRO, etc) are on bad contract with Gravity, because Gravity restricts what they can and can't do. Meaning Gravity does not give those servers the right to customize or change things, or just very limited way. They just hold the license to legally operate a Ragnarok Online server. jRO on other hand, has all the sweet-sweet rights to customize and add content they develop in-house, so they most likely (certain) have access to source code too.

But, because of these limited rights, these official server operators are screwed, they solely rely on the company, Gravity Korea to: provide updates, provide new content, fix bugs, do adjustments in the game that the server community wishes for. Talking about bug fixes, take dupe issue for an example. It will only be fixed when Gravity Korea takes the effort to fix it in the source code and send over to WarpPortal. Otherwise Camp and others just shoot in the dark, bear with it and do what they can do.

What's beyond explainable is how you manage your company, your product, don't know how to read your numbers and make decisions in 2019.

TL;DR: signed up for a contract and later figured out it's very bad

Edited by isssues, 05 May 2019 - 08:14 PM.

#92 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

WarpPortal is guilty of over-promising and under-delivering. The terrible support, bans, content, cash shop is all on the developers. I never thought any one company could -_- up an IP as bad as Blizzard did, but crazier things have happened.

#93 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:21 PM

Doctor is now speaking the truth. Blaming kRO is just pure dumb. WP is equally guilty.

#94 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

You are right, you have every right to vent and complain, as every other unsatisfied player here. Never said you couldn't. My observation is that you're complaining about the wrong things and giving a hard time to people that don't have control over what you're complaining. iRO is not at fault for lack of updates, kRO is. It's like complaining to a cashier that the prices are too high. And no, you're strawmanning what I said. Botters, cheaters, OP items, bad economy, etc. of course can also scare people away, I never said they didn't. I said what you're doing scares them AS WELL. I'm not that blind. Also...

Doctor is now speaking the truth. Blaming kRO is just pure dumb. WP is equally guilty.

Never said WP is not at fault. Ther are a lot of things they are accountable for, but updates ain't one of them. WoE, Bots, Cheaters, Zeny Inflation, Server Population, Media presence, etc., these are all subjects where you can blame WP at least in some way and offer real solutions. 

Go on complaining, we all do. Complaining is healthy and can help the sould and mind. But let's make sure we're complaining about the correct stuff and offerring solutions as well.

#95 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

make SAO-ish anime based on RO universe

#96 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:34 AM

WP surely isn’t 100% innocent, but I won’t say equally guilty. At least 90% of the blame should go to Gravity/kRO, WP’s problem is those empty promises that haven’t happened, in addition to some questionable decisions they made. Most of these issues are beyond WP’s control, but they surely could’ve done something better. At least more events such as talk like a pirate won’t hurt.

#97 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

WP surely isn’t 100% innocent, but I won’t say equally guilty. At least 90% of the blame should go to Gravity/kRO, WP’s problem is those empty promises that haven’t happened, in addition to some questionable decisions they made. Most of these issues are beyond WP’s control, but they surely could’ve done something better. At least more events such as talk like a pirate won’t hurt.

I feel that you are overlooking WP's insanely large errors, and where they have let us the player base suffer. WP has honestly done NOTHING to promote the game in any serious and legit way. How can any business hope to survive on word of mouth only? That compounded with the TONS of broken and empty promises, and very questionable choices in my opinion makes them exactly 50% guilty.

#98 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Actually no. Things such as Xlab that killed WoE and drove spending whales off the game. Its quite obvious that they revitalized OCP system to get casual players to spend, at least, they are still making some bucks out of players. Many WoE folks already warned not to put Gioia because while it instantly got people to log in. Once the event gone, we could expect to see a big permanent drop in population. Why? Some WoE folks quit. Some PvM folks also quit because now they would never have a chance to farm, felt discouraged and unfair then left. Result? Ha! From 2700 during event to 1000ish. I call the Xlab event the Happy-Penis drug. No, the big sharp drop didn’t cause by the lack of contents. The sharp drop happened right after the Xmas event dropped in 2018 and since 2019, we have been going straight to hell.

Now let’s look into what WP is about to do. To put 0.1 second on some skills. Realistically speaking, it should’nt and won’t make any difference to legit players. Some legit players might experience some differences and let’s hope they won’t quit. The point is can you see the non sense here? Why not just ban cheaters? Why do casual PvM folks have to go through this nonsense? Not to mention, Cart Cannon is not even on the list when it’s one most exploitable skill.

What about old OCP system that dropped rare items easily? So easily that even rare items became meta gears. If rare items had a very low chance such as 1% or less, supply would be be low and rare OCP items would’ve not made to become standard gears. WP could even make OCP items account bound to stop P2W folks from over pricing but let’s not jump into another issue because PvM folks always over price MvP cards too. Everyone always overprices if they can. Market working as intended.

What about in game events? WP could run more in game events. Last time I remember was MvP summoning at Alberta years ago.

Edited by nyyaan, 06 May 2019 - 08:09 AM.

#99 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

xmas lab killed woe lul

if thats what makes you sleep at night, sure

#100 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:17 AM

Apparently it didn’t. 3 guilds circle jerking each others off in WoE. It’s so alive rolf

Edited by nyyaan, 06 May 2019 - 08:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users