Server population ~ Forums Activity - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Server population ~ Forums Activity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#151 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:14 PM

While now is a lot better, for some time in the past forumts were using an uber_strict post filter :v The excessive moderation discouraged a lot of ppl of even engaging the forums.

But the main culprit is still the smaller playerbase and continental bans(you'd be surprised by the amount of ppl that remain active on forums even when not playing the game anymore)

#152 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

Who cares

#153 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 May 2019 - 04:36 PM

I'd put it on over-moderation (a chunk of the iRO2 community was killed off by over-moderation, so iRO's community is headed for that), regional bans, and declining game quality.

#154 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:00 PM

If one reasonably complains on the game or suggest good stuff for the game on forums they have a greater chance to be judged as whiners, incompetents, or cheaters thus affecting their morale and be hesitant in participating further.

Edited by IgnotusCarl, 11 May 2019 - 05:01 PM.

#155 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

Who cares

GMs should. Warpportal should.

#156 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

Only so many things to say. Also, a ton of people took conversation to Discord so a lot of minor banter got moved there. 

#157 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

You can't have a good conversation here, simple as that.

#158 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

Working as intended when server has 1.3k ish including bots and alts  :heh:

Edited by nyyaan, 11 May 2019 - 06:20 PM.

#159 darkking14

darkking14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Server:Renewal chaos

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

I think thanos wiped 50% of em

#160 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

cool bro! very cool :)

#161 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:02 PM

Lol are you asking for drama troll posts we could fuel that

But any other posts seem meaningless at this point since game is pretty much dead

#162 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

It's hard to be optimistic about anything considering how we keep falling farther and farther behind in updates since the original missing updates thread we compiled back in 2013; back when we were only a mere 2-3 years behind. Instead of the list getting shorter, it only got longer and longer and longer. How can anyone expect players to stick around when they know their server is being so neglected by the developers?

#163 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

To avoid redundancy and not split the ongoing discussion;

Topic "Anyone else thinking forum has gotten inactive?" merged with "Server Population". Thank you for understanding.

#164 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

It's hard to be optimistic about anything considering how we keep falling farther and farther behind in updates since the original missing updates thread we compiled back in 2013; back when we were only a mere 2-3 years behind. Instead of the list getting shorter, it only got longer and longer and longer. How can anyone expect players to stick around when they know their server is being so neglected by the developers?

This about sums it up

There are few optimistic players who are still playing in denial of this fact and flame us when we speak to the truth

#165 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

I no longer give a damn if they shut down the servers today or next year dispite having multiple high ranked MVP cards and enough zeny to buy anything I wish. You see the game became very stale for me and I no longer have the urge to play. I started logging in just to buy up items I think will increase in price and log back months later to sell. Started out making 50% profit here and there, but lucked out once the massive inflation hit the server last year. I pretty much quadrupled my zeny thanks to some in demand items which should last me for years to come if the server does last that long.

Now would I be sad if the server shuts down tomorrow? Nah. What's the point of making my characters more powerful when there is nothing to do in the game? I already gave up on this beloved game a long time ago when they managed to kill WoE dispite the many pages and pages of plea. PVM is a joke since the rewards are nothing close to OCP items. Give me more powerful gears so I can finish the same boring instances faster? No thanks. That's not fun. That's not how anyone should be playing a game. In fact I no longer care which broken OCP they bring to the server next since it's already too late to fix anything at this point. The massive regional ban to an already aging game with low population was another whatever let it burn some more deal. Game development and exploit fixes are little to none. The writing is all over the wall folks. Find a new hobby. OCP is their final breath to keep their job as long as they can.

Edited by VanishingPoint, 11 May 2019 - 11:24 PM.

#166 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:30 PM

I no longer give a damn if they shut down the servers today or next year dispite having multiple high ranked MVP cards and enough zeny to buy anything I wish. You see the game became very stale for me and I no longer have the urge to play. I started logging in just to buy up items I think will increase in price and log back months later to sell. Started out making 50% profit here and there, but lucked out once the massive inflation hit the server last year. I pretty much quadrupled my zeny thanks to some in demand items which should last me for years to come if the server does last that long.

Now would I be sad if the server shuts down tomorrow? Nah. What's the point of making my characters more powerful when there is nothing to do in the game? I already gave up on this beloved game a long time ago when they managed to kill WoE dispite the many pages and pages of plea. PVM is a joke since the rewards are nothing close to OCP items. Give me more powerful gears so I can finish the same boring instances faster? No thanks. That's not fun. That's not how anyone should be playing a game. In fact I no longer care which broken OCP they bring to the server next since it's already too late to fix anything at this point. The massive regional ban to an already aging game with low population was another whatever let it burn some more deal. Game development and exploit fixes are little to none. The writing is all over the wall folks. Find a new hobby. OCP is their final breath to keep their job as long as they can.

Word

It was nice to have you along the journey

Enjoyed your RG videos :)

#167 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:22 AM

I've been waiting for runestone improvements on RK since last year. I don't even know when it is suppose to come now.

#168 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:23 AM

guess GMs will keep ignoring, spam OCP til noone buys anymore and close it without ever having talked to the community about it, sad.

#169 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:26 AM

Considering all the bans I have been assuming one would eventually hit my way (I mean, kRO might wanna open a new oRO server for the 3 people who play from NZ). That being said, iRO will shut down eventually, I can only hope it is later rather than sooner.

To be fair though, I couldn't give a flying -_- about new content. I just wish what we had was finished and meaningful. I mean there is plenty OF stuff in this game, just no point to doing 98% of it and the 2% worth doing is bugged to -_- and continues to be that way.

Look at all the wonderful new content they keep making... just re-used dungeon resources; what is OGH on now... version 8?

We will see what happens but regardless, it's gonna take a miracle or some damn hard work to jump start the game now.

#170 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:15 AM

aside from that. the power creep of the game is very very scary.  from one major update meta switch. it became 5 months then every month meta switch. I tolerated the meta switches believing it will end. but no. farmers of rare, powerful end game items where phase out by OCP releases. combine with the fact gravity continued ignoring the problems (because that's what most korean developers do. i prefer chinese or japanese over them these days). the game is now inhospitable as hell. 

its great to have fun times with my friends from ravage reborn and thor server but the game is now inhospitable. 

(honestly, WP can choose two things: Leave Gravity and became independent like JP is doing or join the waves of death. obviously, all korean developers are facing the same problems of games getting close because of mismanagement. and now the chinese developers are entering the industry. it will be problematic (especially chinese developer have a culture of being very very engaging to the community. which makes their games in great health) damn..i wish ragnarok was developed by a chinese developer..not korean...(i'm so racist at this xD but seriously..i prefer chinese over korean developers xD)

#171 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

with little time i have left to check forums, i'd say a lot more useful stuff was implemented in the first half of 2019 than the entirety of 2018. aside from the christmas event that saturated the mvp market which made ro less fulfilling, i'm not sure if it was a blessing or a bad thing

about content, i'm not optimistic when i say we should wait for kro, i still technically get mad. that's why there are people who do something about it. i specifically chose to have them do the stuff they can on their side which would be realistic, easier and can always be under pending status as soon as more important things come up. why do you guys think i disliked complicated asks that several people want them to do?

what i miss most about what we lost, was the passionate community members that openly helped warpportal. undeniably most of the good things about this server came about because of them. but even that got tarnished and does not happen anymore because of several people, the provided and ungrateful. i'd say they were undeserving given that they couldn't even clean up their mess

to summarize! we're -_- up not just because of warpportal, it was team effort. gentle reminder

#172 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

Considering all the bans I have been assuming one would eventually hit my way (I mean, kRO might wanna open a new oRO server for the 3 people who play from NZ). That being said, iRO will shut down eventually, I can only hope it is later rather than sooner.

To be fair though, I couldn't give a flying -_- about new content. I just wish what we had was finished and meaningful. I mean there is plenty OF stuff in this game, just no point to doing 98% of it and the 2% worth doing is bugged to -_- and continues to be that way.

Look at all the wonderful new content they keep making... just re-used dungeon resources; what is OGH on now... version 8?

We will see what happens but regardless, it's gonna take a miracle or some damn hard work to jump start the game now.

I can't wait for FGH(Future Glast Heim).

Technicians from Verus create robot hybrids of all the OGH stuff, oh no, did I just give them an idea? :wah:

#173 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

Gioia’nos just wiped players. They said the Happy-Penis drug was too dangerous to give during last Xmas. It’s was so crazy >_<

Edited by nyyaan, 12 May 2019 - 01:21 PM.

#174 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:17 PM

but i guess that was entirely warpoportal's fault, whatever it was. they should take ownership of the responsibility to think of continuity plans after what they just released after all, sort of weirded out why people are still trying to figure out what went downhill. i thought this community was smarter?

piece of advice, things don't just happen suddenly due to recurring issues, things happen because there is a trigger. what reason do people have to not go on in 2019? maybe because the recent ones we just got was overshadowed by too much events that fed us what we needed, fulfilling our goal in the game. e.g. TLAPD and Christmas CLAB

whoever thought of it did not consider the consequences

#175 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

they didnt bother with the fact that they turn a lot of future equipment that might come in 2-5 years already obsolete thanks to OCP, so even if updates would come fast 50% of the equip that comes with it is already behind the cashshop stuff, giving less incencetive to farm it. :S

Still sitting in their hole ignoring as much as possible...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users