May 1st Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 1st Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

RORE-maint-may.jpg

May 1st, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PDT

Updates

• Dr. Jonesy implemented (prontera 152 285)
  • *Edit*: Raffler Prices update postponed

Events

• Easter Event continues!
    • Find Happy Eggs - ​Help a member of Happy Egg Festival! (yuno 175, 162)
    • Help Festival Decoration - Meet with Festival Deco Expert! (yuno 165, 153)
    • Happy Pet Vending Machine - Trade with the Happy Pet Vending Machine to have a chance to obtain the following:

Spoiler

• A Simple Request ends
    • We hope you enjoyed helping Mema Coco. Please look forward to more events to come! Thanks for participating!
  • Spotlight Event: Bio Labs, Cursed Monastery
    • +100% EXP/Drops
    • +50% Extra Spawns
    • Mobs affected:

Spoiler

• Raffler continues in Prontera
  • Big prizes are in Bold.
    • Beelzebub Wing Box (1)  /  Strawberry (1-20) - 31,000z
    • Dress Hat (1) / Witch Starsand (1-10) - 60,000z
    • Silvervine 100 Box (4) / Alcohol (1-10) - 150,000z
    • HE Bubblegum (5) / Blue Herb (1-40) - 100,000z
    • Poison Bottle (5) / Karvodailnirol (1-5) - 500,000z
    • HE Battle Manual (2) / Immortal Heart (1-10) - 50,000z
    • Fish In Mouth (1) / Fabric (1-10) - 60,000z
    • Rideword Hat (1) / Mermaid's Heart (1-10) - 25,000z
    • Enriched Elunium / Rough Elunium (1-20) - 450,000z
    • Enriched Oridecon / Rough Oridecon (1-20) - 450,000

Cash Shop

Community

• Tune into our next livestream of Crazy Uproar!! over at twitch.tv/warpportal on Tuesday, May 7th at 3PM PDT! 
  • Got a question for the RO staff? Ask it in our FAQ Friday thread and we'll answer them this Friday!

*Silvervine System

Spoiler

#2 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

what does dr. jonesy do ? and what is this unknown item i got from green poring (wearing a hat) ?

#3 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

can put equipament for pick up 100% perfect dodges, because don't have any people playing and i'm need level up my char's ... pls.

#4 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

b6z9a6I.png

These numbers appear to increase the cost of Straws, Alcohol, Immortal Hearts, and Mermaid Hearts... mainly ingredients for making Grenades/Acids/Glistening Coats while also increasing the amount of time we have to sit at raffler to obtain them.

I can certainly understand the need to combat inflation by having a zeny drain, but these changes hurt players more than help. Time is the most limiting factor, and the current human player population doesn't support the amount of these items that we want to obtain for leveling, mvping, pvp, woe, farming, instances, et cetera. The raffler changes were requested to help players stay around, but I fear this is just another change that could alienate players.

An example of maybe how this could be changed for the better, Speed Potions can be purchased 1-3 at a time by doing a time consuming quest for 15,000 zeny each, or you can buy them for 40,000 zeny each in bulk. I personally opt to buy them in bulk for the 267% increased price because it saves me time that I could otherwise focus on more interesting aspects of the game that I find fun and enjoyable.

In the past there was a decent market and strawberries could be resold from raffler for a decent return on investment, that doesn't really exist now. People bought strawberries from the market because they probably didn't have the time to wait for it to show up on raffler to buy it themselves and save zeny.

Some of the items that have lower cost in these planned changes are most likely the more underutilized raffles, I'd suggest that there is more need for a shakeup in the prize items and consolation items than just changing the prices to create additional zeny sink opportunities.

Edited by Finagle, 30 April 2019 - 04:12 PM.

#5 JayHawkk

JayHawkk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

What hell??? If u guys going to change the raffle like this, pls don”t !!! 1~2 Fabric or Achool? U guys are increase the coast and time to get those... it”s a joke man!!!What u guys want? To screw the few players in this server!! DON”T DO THIS CHANGE!!!

#6 JayHawkk

JayHawkk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

This a really bad joke!!! Damn!!!

#7 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

1-2 ???? hehehe, just kidding

#8 Xealot

Xealot

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

I edited the original post with new prices for Raffler. Every item now is cheaper on average than it used to be. 

:no1:

#9 JayHawkk

JayHawkk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

I edited the original post with new prices for Raffler. Every item now is cheaper on average than it used to be.

Even so, still a bad joke. U increase the time to get fabric or alcohol, now we can get 1~2 of those. Alcohol is 40k 1~2 and right now I can get 10 for 150k, just do the math or don”t change anything!!!

#10 JayHawkk

JayHawkk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:13 PM

U are increase the final price of every thing, that change was suppose to help, and make our economy better to get new players! This just make me wanna drope this server once and for all...

#11 Juniishiro

Juniishiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:21 PM

Doesn’t make sense though...why did you guys reduced the amount you can obtain?if you would’ve lower down the cost even 5-10 k each that would’ve so much better. It’s true that some of it was cut the cost in half but now you need twice the time to get the same amount of items you’re trying to get. It just doesn’t make sense. You have to consider that most of your players are either working/going to school/have kids/basically life, and most of us has only so many hours to play the game. We can’t just sit there and try to spam raffler all day to get things we need. It just doesn’t make sense.

#12 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

We want to give everyone a chance to chime in regarding the raffler this week. We'll review the comments for next week's maintenance and continue to adjust it from there. 

#13 Juniishiro

Juniishiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

U are increase the final price of every thing, that change was suppose to help, and make our economy better to get new players! This just make me wanna drope this server once and for all...

I agree on this, the changes was to make the market stable. And in return we don’t turn away new players, which means WP would get more player base/costumer. But with this change that you guys will make on the raffler doesn’t really help us. Small changes like this sometimes draws the line of just quitting the game and playing other games.

#14 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

hwe5e3x.png

I honestly didn't even notice that the main prizes amounts were changed as well, so that's something to also consider.

I think most players are using the raffler for the consolation items, personally I've won raffles multiple times and actually been not so happy because I wanted to farm more of the consolation items. I've gotten multiple Fish In Mouth and just ended up giving them away to new players.

If it's up for discussion, I'd very much like to see the main prizes looked at as well. I'd be willing to sink more zeny toward getting HE Bubble Gums, but not when the consolation is Blue Herb which I have no use for at the moment. And as previously mentioned, Fish In Mouth is really undesirable (as it can be obtained relatively easily through the Eden headgear quest).

Edited by Finagle, 30 April 2019 - 05:23 PM.

#15 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

well im good for this strawberry and b.herb :ok:

#16 Finagle

Finagle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

A Simple Request was quite enjoyable. I think it worked well as a zeny sink and had a lot of fun rewards and ways to utilize the event whether it was the vending machine or farming Super Large Jellop(y) for head gears and buffs.

The item collection was clever with the use of the missing letters and the story was unique and interesting.  :no1:

#17 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:32 AM

Everyone, please ... This is not cool, do not make that change in the raffle. The server does not have enough market to have AD's trade between players. This nerf is pretty bad, just reduce the value of the items by 1/3 (33%) and keep the rewards.

Another point I wanted to know, came out an update a while ago putting new cards to get out of OCA's, are they leaving? I did not get any of them ... And the MvP Nidhogg card is dropping (says yes, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase)

#18 Xealot

Xealot

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:14 AM

After much thought and consideration, we have decided to postpone the update to the prices for the raffler. The prices will remain untouched after today's maintenance.

We will continue discussing raffler price adjustments for a future update.

#19 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

Another point I wanted to know, came out an update a while ago putting new cards to get out of OCA's, are they leaving? I did not get any of them ... And the MvP Nidhogg card is dropping (says yes, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase)

#20 clarastarr127

clarastarr127

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

We asked to change the priCe not the priZe. How complicated can it be? :hmm: 

#21 Xealot

Xealot

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

Maintenance is complete. Server is now open.

#22 Sumayks

Sumayks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

thanks for the reply, you really encourage us to buy WPE with your best answers

#23 Litao

Litao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

I believe that an alternate solution to the raffler would be to introduce a NPC that simply sells the ingredients that the raffler is currently offering as a consolation prize.

Karvo, Alcohol, Witchsand, B.herb, etc.

This game is already a super grindfest and with little no end game, at least give the players the ability to play the content that it offers without the need to go out and farm more items just to use basic skills.  I mean, the sheer amount of diverse materials needed to just create a poison bottle for a sinx is ridiculous.  The economy on this server is already extremely broken, prices are overly inflated and new players have a extremely hard time to even self sustain. 

I feel that by implementing a NPC that sells basic ingredients needed by all classes would be a great quality of life improvement as well as introducing a new zeny sink.   

Lastly, please be considerate of your customer's time, we are here to enjoy the game. If your customers are happy, they will tend to stay longer and even invite new potential customers.  Please do what you can to make iRO a enjoyable and the primary choice when choosing a Ragnarok Online server.  There is a large amount of successful private servers with a large player base that chooses to play there instead of here.  The goal should be to make iRO great again and bring those players back. 

#24 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:06 PM

After much thought and consideration, we have decided to postpone the update to the prices for the raffler. The prices will remain untouched after today's maintenance.

...and i was like expecting to have some cheap straw and b.herb and then change your mind suddenly , the market is so ghost town that its like the midgard in god of war 4 , whats holding back despite the over all players in this server is around 70+ (last year is around 120+) ? well if you decide that what can I do ?

#25 Zobaa

Zobaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

where is the enchantment npc ????????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users