Equipment Refinement As Zeny Sink - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Equipment Refinement As Zeny Sink

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:56 AM

As I was sitting there using Enriched Hammer to refine an item I recently got, a thought occurred to me: we had Generous Hammer last week that allowed us to refine items without costing anything more than the price of materials. Has anyone ever proposed using the refinement system as a way to pull zeny out of circulation and fight inflation?

Imagine an event NPC, like a Greedy Hammer instead of a Generous Hammer, who would give you a slight boost to your refinement success rate depending on how much zeny you give him. To keep the math easy, let's say from +0 to +10 refinement he would increase your success rate by 1% for every 5M zeny you give him, up to a maximum of 100M. So your refinement success rates (using the armor calculations) would look like:

+4 -> +5: 61% @ 5M up to 80% @ 100M

+5 -> +7: 41% @ 5M up to 60% @ 100M

+7 -> +9: 21% @ 5M up to 40% @ 100M

+9 -> +10: 10% @ 5M up to 29% @ 100M

After that you could halve the increase to be only a 0.5% increase in success for every 5M, again with a maximum of 100M per try.

+11 -> +14: 8.5% @ 5M up to 18% @ 100M

+15 -> +18: 7.5% @ 5M up to 17% @ 100M

+19 -> +20: 5.5% @ 5M up to 15% @ 100M

***Again, these rates I am proposing are just to make the math easy for example purposes.***

I could see myself giving this NPC a billion zeny easily while trying to +10 an item with a 29% chance of success. It would be cheaper than getting a Safe to 10 certificate from the market, and only slightly more expensive than getting 4 BSB based on their current average price on Ragial (but the success rate improvement would be worth it). Spending the zeny on BSB or Safe to 10 certs keeps the zeny in circulation, whereas this would pull zeny out.

Anyone else have any thoughts, improvements or criticisms to add to this crazy idea I had?

#2 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 May 2019 - 04:44 AM

Greedy?

If unsuccessful refine; pay 500M to retain level; pay 250M for degrade;

0 user(s) are reading this topic