Dialogue Client Crash - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dialogue Client Crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:18 AM

I regularly experience issues [enter]-ing through chat dialogues to get through instances. Often times this happens at the end of the instance right before I am about to either fight the boss, or claim the final reward. I believe this is a client issue caused by losing track of what chat box to display and errors out. I have this issue on 2 different machines with clean installs. Does anyone have a client edit to get around this? Or a setting that might reduce this issue? I lose more instances to this bug than any other causes combined.

Summary of Issue: Client crashes in NPC dialogue (especially lengthy dialogue)

Replicating issue: Spam [enter] as fast as possible while speaking to a NPC.

Time and Date of Issue: (Daily) 05/06/19 2:09 AM Server Time

Solution: Improve spam tolerance of chat window.

p4Kxbe8.jpg

Edited by Scuba, 06 May 2019 - 12:23 AM.

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

Does it always crash at specific window?

So checking the dialogues with the staff, there is nothing that stands out, other than that, for the dialogue there is scenery pop up triggers (character design), cruising through the triggers at a faster interval may contribute to the out-of-sync disconnection. There may not be an appropriate onhand fix to this but it is worth bringing up to the developers, technically the client should be able to withstand the strain.

That's being said, to avoid the disconnection try to not go fast through the windows.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 May 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:49 PM

Yah, I'm pretty surprised how low the tolerance is. Sometimes it still happens when I think I'm going slow enough. I'm trying to go through them slower but after doing the instances about a million times Im just trying to get through it at this point ^^:;

It seems to have something to do with ping, I've noticed. For some reason I can spam chat boxes faster on lower ping. Not sure what that's about... I wonder if chat dialogues fetch from the game servers, or sends a confirmation packet? Seems like something that would live in the client but idk. For this particular report I was trying to make it happen (reproduce it) because I recently DC'd at round 11 of GMT, and also before the Charleston MvP after Charleston 2's lab tantrum in the same night. I also DC from the investment machine in WoE Realms constantly.

Im wondering if there is some packet security that prevents too many in 1000 ms or something.

Edit will stress test further. At the expense of my sanity.

Edited by Scuba, 06 May 2019 - 02:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users