How to conduct deals worth more than 1b - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to conduct deals worth more than 1b

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

@post title

I want to sell items worth more than 1B. Before, deals can only be 1b max, I just don't know now if it has been changed to allow more than 1B in the trade window. I can't test right now since I got no zeny.

If it still is capped, how do people do trades more than 1B?

Only options I know is to do GM trades, but that seems to take too long regarding 2 to 3b trades.

Another option I know is for the buyer to let you hold items worth 1b ea or more and then deal them back the item every 1b deals. I just don't like this method because they might just leave me with the item. Or if I am the one doing the buying, they might run off with the item instead. Even though the item is worth the same or more, I don't want to wait to be able to sell it/look for the same item.

As for me, I usually just trade items/group of items worth the same amount to get by. But this time, I actually want the zeny instead of the item.

Is there other ways of doing deals worth more than 1B?

#2 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

There has been no change and can only trade 999,999,999 zeny at a time. So besides the ways you mention there is no way available at the moment. Personally I try to only trade with people I trust but otherwise try to protect myself with proper screenshots of ingame text. Having a screenshot of the stated order for the multiple trades (zeny #1 from their character's name to my character's name, zeny #2 from their second character's name to my second character's name, and so on) that the other player agrees to with in game chat allows you to then use the checkbox on the trade window to screenshot the agreement along with the first trade. Doing it this way makes it as easy as possible for GM team to reverse any transaction if anything bad happens. Worst case if you do need to submit a ticket you'd have your items or zeny restored within a day or two if you screenshot properly as there would be no need for investigation. With that protection in place I'm one of the rare people that gives the item in the first trade but often people wait until the zeny has finished being transferred to their characters then finally trading the item which helps protect yourself if you're worried about slow GM response.

#3 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

before deal, put up a chat stating your deal with buyer, take a screenshot or video ingame, let the buyer deal and give max zenny 2 times (999,999,999) per trade and take screenshot each trades. last trades,the seller put in the item and buyer put give the last remaining zenny.

#4 shikyi

shikyi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:01 PM

We need a server bank with safe bank account to bank account transfers. I thought this idea was kicked around years and years ago.

Edited by shikyi, 06 May 2019 - 05:02 PM.

#5 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

oh well, so there really is nothing better than to trust people. and to make a ticket in case you get scammed.

#6 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1229 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 06 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

my few trades over that amount always required items that would serve as insurance for the trade, stuff that are close to 999m zeny in value for each trade until the final one, never had a problem with this although it might not be that easy of a task for everyone.

#7 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

oh well, so there really is nothing better than to trust people. and to make a ticket in case you get scammed.

so far i guess im lucky never get scammed.

often times, the seller gave me the item on the first deal, although it required multiple deal, and told me he was not afraid because the deal was on recorded.

#8 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:26 PM

my few trades over that amount always required items that would serve as insurance for the trade, stuff that are close to 999m zeny in value for each trade until the final one, never had a problem with this although it might not be that easy of a task for everyone.

often times, the seller gave me the item on the first deal, although it required multiple deal, and told me he was not afraid because the deal was on recorded.

that is the secret. just in case no item for guarantee feel free to record the deal :)

#9 mashaa

mashaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:35 PM

Few times buying / selling items more than 1b.
As a seller, i give the items when buyer done trade zeny to me.
And as a buyer, i always give my zeny first, then i get the items later.

I always check ropd's seller too. Try to trust with other.
The keys are, always do checklist screenshot trading + play record everything from the start.
And last, when trade done.
Submit a ticket directly to gm staff for verifying items you get (if you are on buying side)

Good luck!

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

I used to ask for insurance items. No more. I just record the whole deal, and take screenshots of all the communications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users