Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 15 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#351 onlygx

onlygx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

New player:

- 1% exp death penalty for all (This is the unique server where if you die you lose 3%, and the only way to denied this is paying vip. It feels like you want to force people to pay. You have to convince people. If you are new, is not a good welcome).

- Since MMORPG are in decline, doing events Like Janeway or hop, skip and Jump  always are atractive choice to tie up people.

- Permanent basic gears with payment system (Kafra points). We have Vanargand Helm, Rideword hat, which is useful. Not enough tho. Heroic backpack is a basic gear very useful in low levels for making money (Greed) and useless in high levels. I think it would be great to watch a "New player combo box" (Magic and melee pack), with Heroic backpack, Gwings, and leech HP/SP headgears for magic or melee players. 

-Permanent BMx3 on Kafra shop. 

Old players:

-Monthly Raffler. 

-Keep overseas box.

- World boss

- 5 V 5 Coliseum system or something like that.

New content:

- New sprite for madogear (Mechanic)

-Excelion set (i can't believe is not implemented yet).

-Soul Reaper and Star emperor (I love extended class).

-Spell circuit (Very useful in magic oboro build)

- Max lvl 185 or lvl 200. but we need better quest for leveling than kRO (i know people on kRO spend a lot of time playing, however we are western people and we have a different life style, we don't live on computers... I know you understand people just leave because the game becomes exhaustive)

-All kRO new content.

- Vip system benefits s*cks. 

- Anti bot system: * NPC selling Stem, poison spore, immortal hearts, etc etc or opening google anti bot if you are over 1 hour in the same map. 

#352 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:17 PM

Expanded classes should be treated like the regular classes (like new classes are treated in like... any other MMORPG ever?). Have the same ammount of stats, level and gear choices at the same time regular classes do.

#353 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

How to make RO better according to the iRO players:
Implement unnecessary features that will just add to the studio’s backlog of things to do.

Just consolidate kRO/kROz features into iRO, not branch out with more unnecessary convoluted features recommended by 500IQ MENSA iRO players.

#354 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

How to make RO better according to the iRO players:
Implement unnecessary features that will just add to the studio’s backlog of things to do.

Just consolidate kRO/kROz features into iRO, not branch out with more unnecessary convoluted features recommended by 500IQ MENSA iRO players.

kRO actually told us no on this because they said that every official server should be different to cater to their particular region. So even when the playerbase agreed on no more localizations for iRO, kRO refused.

#355 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

kRO actually told us no on this because they said that every official server should be different to cater to their particular region. So even when the playerbase agreed on no more localizations for iRO, kRO refused.

This have no logic. They just want more money. dont be silly.

#356 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

This have no logic. They just want more money. dont be silly.

Tell that to kRO, that's the response that was given to us when they agreed to an interview.

#357 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

Tell that to kRO, that's the response that was given to us when they agreed to an interview.

Agreed to an interview? How did that happen? Are you allowed to talk about it? Seems like such an opportunity! Who was there?

#358 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

They conveniently skipped over a lot of questions. http://forums.warppo...ts-this-friday/

Edited by ZeroTigress, 10 December 2019 - 01:15 PM.

#359 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:16 PM

It's already pretty obvious that people want the game to be updated to match kRO's current state and pace.
I'm sure everyone wants that.
But kRO's current version still isn't perfect yet and I'm sure there's lots of potential QoL stuff they're still yet to implement.
It just seems like they're kinda lacking in the creativity part that's probably why they requested for these threads.

But we can't just sit around and wait for kRO to send stuff when there's tweaks and adjustments we can have made on our own already.
The production team are devs too, not letting them work on the game aswell is just a waste.

Curious, has there been any progress on the status of the monster AI update showcased years ago?

https://youtu.be/s7s7Zs-PQjc

This is pretty cool. How is this not implemented yet after all this time??
Current monsters and environments in RO just seems so... lifeless.
It's like everything you meet in the fields and dungeons are just mannekins designed to recieve damage.

The closest I've ever seen of something similar to this in-game was back during poringcon, when all Porings (even tamed/pets) spawned with Baby Poring companions that followed them around.
Not only were they hella adorable, but they loot stuff too lol
I hated how they always ran straight into our aoe's though.

Edited by ninJedi, 10 December 2019 - 02:27 PM.

#360 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:49 PM

Having exclusive content for regional servers means jack if studio barely implements content

#361 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:55 PM

But the main studio that sends out patches and the studio that manages the regional games are separate entities.

Telling the producing studio that they can't work on improving their released game doesn't make sense when it's the main studio that's not cooperating by not sending out patches

#362 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

But the main studio that sends out patches and the studio that manages the regional games are separate entities.

Telling the producing studio that they can't work on improving their released game doesn't make sense when it's the main studio that's not cooperating by not sending out patches

Oh no so we have to please multiple gods now

All hail studio
All hail regional managers
Bless us with RO content

#363 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

Discussion and/or mention of illegal servers is not allowed on the official forums of RO, posts with the mention have been removed.

#364 Ryuuzaki013

Ryuuzaki013

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:11 AM

just copy the content of RO1 coz RO2 came from RO1 it make sense put like ET and improve wizard class coz wizard is the useless class in RO2 unlike RO1 in my part XD

#365 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

Make it the same as every other MMO, have each region update at the exact same time.

Allow everyone to join any of the region's servers.

Have the servers grouped by said regions so people for other servers can party together for instances. So you'll have NA servers, SEA servers etc

I doubt RO would get big enough though for the 2nd part.

If kRO and iRO don't smarten up they'll have nothing.

Edited by ShoLin, 14 December 2019 - 09:42 AM.

#366 GrimWise

GrimWise

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

HI,

You know one thing, just this one little thing anyone sees and that make no sense? Okay; let me show you:

1) The Preserve ability. Why? Because when I use the preserve in a randon map (prontera, for exemple) and warp to another using the warping like walking towards payon through the maps the preserve get away before the end of the ability time (10min), It is not make sense because they can just gone in the role play just because I warp to the next map or next dungeon level or traveling by airplaing system or in*out houses etc,, If I use preserve in a city, even do not needing because I cant receve any damage inside citys, but It just not make sense the ability ends after the ability time over, Just it.

It didn't see much thing, but their is some dungeons that the warping to the next level and lose the preserve before the time can make you lose the copy ability because the ability time wasn't respected.

See if you can fix this, nice work,

cheers

---' ;)

#367 RyderRag

RyderRag

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

HI,

You know one thing, just this one little thing anyone sees and that make no sense? Okay; let me show you:

1) The Preserve ability. Why? Because when I use the preserve in a randon map (prontera, for exemple) and warp to another using the warping like walking towards payon through the maps the preserve get away before the end of the ability time (10min), It is not make sense because they can just gone in the role play just because I warp to the next map or next dungeon level or traveling by airplaing system or in*out houses etc,, If I use preserve in a city, even do not needing because I cant receve any damage inside citys, but It just not make sense the ability ends after the ability time over, Just it.

It didn't see much thing, but their is some dungeons that the warping to the next level and lose the preserve before the time can make you lose the copy ability because the ability time wasn't respected.

See if you can fix this, nice work,

cheers

---' ;)

There will be an update for that:

1. Skill Preserve no longer lose its effects when changing map or reconnect. So players just intend on it duration, no longer worry about losing skill effect early and make the players unwillingly lose their preserved skill.

2.  SP consumption penalty of skill Reproduce has been reduced to 30% (from 100%)

3. skill Shadow Spell will work similar to sage's Hindsight. Skill can trigger preserved skill even player miss an attack on target. And the skill will work on bow weapon too.

4. Increases maximum level of preserved skill triggered from Shadow Spell by 2 levels. So on level 10 will trigger level 7 preserved skill.

Source: https://www.divine-p...vement-project/

#368 SrCamacho

SrCamacho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

One thing that actually will help us a lot and will be implemented on RT Beta is the offline vending and buying I really hope that come to Chaos.

#369 MattZee

MattZee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

i believe there was a party booking system inside RO already? how bout remodify that so more people will use it and more ppl can find parties for certain maps/mobs/instances easier? 

#370 MattZee

MattZee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:17 AM

One thing that actually will help us a lot and will be implemented on RT Beta is the offline vending and buying I really hope that come to Chaos.

i dont know actually, but the trading boards in other games really help alot in my experience with other games? or like just make a way that there'd be a system like ragial inside of the game instead of going to a browser and open ragial (not that im that lazy, but it could help for new ppl who doesnt know about it)

#371 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

I believe this was the last reply to the most recent public feedback thread.

Since then, I think there have been some battleground changes, but addressing many of the WoE issues has not been discussed yet. Unless I missed it.

Man I hear you I am always hopeful to see on these new treads have some shred of info on WOE changes. I am sad to see that it was never addressed or even mentioned anything that came of this meeting.

Its annoying to see these kinds of post being made again. Many many things have been presented argued and argued some more. All ones need to do is look back at the hundreds of pages of post made on those. there is even foot notes on the first page of most of them will say best info provided during the discussion.

the way i see if is the anti cheat system may help make woe more tolerable if it works, but so many other things need to be changed. Class balancing, along with the ability to actually disable gears in woe is definitely a good way to start. The implementation of gears like OCP along with unbalanced classes killed any ability to complete for a lot of players/classes. 

This games limitations on changing anything is what ultimately killed the server. I dont think the GM were the bag guys here. The opening of more servers, and the push to drive new/more revenue pulled on the time they had for this game/WOE (at least this is what I want to think). Money plays into everything im sure and just like any business you need to pay to change anything. 

Im still waiting on the reopening to give another shot at this server. lets see if things get better.

I hope to see some of you at opening,

Vierma

#372 iKazukii

iKazukii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationHere
  • Server:Valkyrie/Ymir

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:53 PM

Remove all MVP and put them in a queue dungeon! starting from stage 1 to stage 5 like ENDLESS TOWER! at the end of the dungeon everyone is rewarded with zeny or gear, so it'll be fair for everyone! Only able to access these dungeons 3

times per week per ACCOUNT! Each boss will have a difficulty of Normal and Hard! 

- 3 times per account so you can't spam every character on ONE account.

- Higher difficulty x2 rewards or slotted gears instead of non-slot

- MVP in queue dungeon make them not have card drop, it'll be unfair and easy to farm. (So maybe leave MVP instead of removing them because they drop cards) 

- Each MVP has their own level difficulty.. hopefully i you guys can get some insight of level range for these MVP so it'll be fair for everyone to be able to kill MVP as a group of 4 or more.

Edited by iKazukii, 12 January 2020 - 11:55 PM.

#373 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:22 AM

i think most of our sources on iro and kro's official statements are very outdated. directions might have changed.

most if not all of the people will wait out to see who pops up back at reopening, and there's a high chance that people will result to waiting on each other which could mean the inevitable continuation of our stagnant state.

to sum it up, i don't expect much difference from where we left off. unless people take initiative to play themselves during their free moments.

#374 MattZee

MattZee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:31 AM

If there's a way we can see if someone's leeching in a party
it'd be great also
i dont know how but if you guys could figure out how
it'd be a great feature

#375 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

no news/progress for RO so far?

are you (WP) sure will open server on 3rd february?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users