Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 17 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
720 replies to this topic

#401 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2020 - 10:02 AM

When will we get Moscovia Card set? Need Mavka card.

#402 Lingnosia

Lingnosia

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 09:17 AM

About Sages lack of Atqm options from book weapons in RO Transcendence.

Could you guys add some Atqm to Bible, like 90.

Auto cast sages have no options, considering int and Atqm most important atribut in the build.

#403 Tabbernack

Tabbernack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:24 AM

Heya!

Below I'm going to provide some suggestions. In no way are they to prod or be rude, but just some observations as a fellow developer. I believe the two areas that can be improved aren't as much content related, but procedural.

Testing

- Release content on Sakray far sooner in advance. For things like Fever Fields, we could've tested the mechanics on multiple maps over the course of the months you had it out there and provided plenty of feedback. I can speak for my guild that we had 10-15 people testing out various pieces as soon as rebalance changes came in.
- Please, please, please - make sure there's no skew between Sakray and Poring (aside from planned changes in Sakray for future updates). [example: OBB/OPB/OCA still have no testing able because you cannot open]
- Update shops. Part of balance/stat testing includes the gear that would be available. It's really difficult to test different combinations/situations without appropriate gear available.

Transparency

- It always feels like a roller coaster ride. The production notes are great, but please keep up on them. What does the 3-6 month roadmap look like? No user base likes surprise changes. Use production notes as both a living-breathing record, but also show the upcoming changes planned. This prevent knee jerk reactions because the users are unaware as to what is actually being worked.
- Patch notes seem pretty rushed/hodge podged. Perhaps part of this can be resolved via longer-term testing as I mentioned above, but even in a Kanban/Scrum environment, documentation is critical. Literally every patch has missed on some key points (examples: NPC locations, OPB/OBB/OCA loot tables [since they are no longer default], etc).

Final Notes
Overall, I think WP has been doing a fine job managing the demanding/whiny player base. End-users always have gripes and issues - so damned if you don't, damned if you don't. However, the above suggestions I think would help to soften that a little bit, because it would identify upcoming changes people can anticipate as well as provide a thorough run-way for proper testing. The player base seems very eager to help (I can speak for my guild on this atleast). Instead of releasing piece-meal changes (i.e. mechanisms in smaller areas at a time), you can release content on a much larger scale.

EDIT: I should note that this relates specifically to Ragnarok Online Transcendence, tho I would assume the same issues are present for other RO servers managed on the WP side.

Edited by Tabbernack, 12 April 2020 - 08:25 AM.

#404 neal2008

neal2008

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:21 PM

When will the cow raider cards start working. I have been keeping 2 cards in my storage for almost a year already.

#405 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:50 PM

when episode 17.2 for renewal be implemented?

#406 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:58 AM

QoL stuff. 

I miss instantly running RO using a keyboard shortcut + skipped EULA + skipped patch client. 

#407 116027739265764

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:42 AM

Remove TI

How: Like, completely. No mercy!

Why: Forces people to explore other places + improves social interactions + slows down leveling = more reasons for players to buy VIP and/or KP.

Revamp Bounty Boards

How: No matter how you change exp gains, people will always find optimal/easiest single board and mindlessly farm it (hello bio4). So I'd suggest make every board give exactly the same amount of EXP (in same bb level range ofc), and triple this value every week for 2-3 boards per level range in different cities. Kinda BB spotlight. Just add ability to warp at location with target monsters to the board (for the sake of convenience).

Why: Forces people to explore other places + less predictable, hence better for replayability + players visit differently looking places = less emotional exhaust and potentially longer game sessions/lifetime.

Ban chatrooms in eden

How: You all know why this is such a plague, and why people do this. Everyone wants their chatroom to be seen in the most visited area. It's natural and won't magically heal by itself, so just ban chatrooms in main Eden areas with quest NPCs, and add another easily accessed area specifically for trade chatrooms. Easily accessed != via talking to NPC. Just portal to the left from main Eden area.

Why: Cleaner + more newbie-friendly + less laggy =  convenient access to and better focus on VIP benefits for everyone.

#408 GoatSentry

GoatSentry

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:31 PM

As a fairly inexperienced player and recently playing for the last few weeks, there are a couple things that stand out to me and have been an extreme source of confusion or a roadblock. These things may be second nature to someone playing for years but I'm coming from a new player experience.

Let's start off with the Eden Group HQ. This area is absolutely impossible to navigate or find NPCs or even comprehend when it is a screen full of chatrooms and merchants. I feel this room should be clean and free of such clutter so that leveling players can find the NPC they need without all the clutter. It's an important HUB (as far as I can tell) for new player progression quests and helpful gear while leveling. Seems a design oversight to allow players to fill the room with shops and chatrooms to the point where you cant even see anything.

The website. More information accessible on the website would be a huge help. Say for instance clickable banners for events with concise explanations. (I know I'll get hazed for this but) Example: Mad Bunny event. I personally have no idea where to go, what to do, if I can participate as a low tier player or what this is. There's no link to click for info at all and trying to Google anything is a sea of Ragnarok:Re-Start Renewal Transcendence Mobile... it's next to impossible. Half the time I don't even know what version of Ragnarok I'm playing let alone if anything I find online is relevant to me at all. (I still don't know what's the difference between ReNewal or Transcendence or Classic) Is the info in the Forums? Twitter? Wiki pages?

Another example is the Silvervine System. The wiki page lists NPCs that either no longer exist or have been moved. At one point I saw a random comment saying that the NPCs were moved to the Eden Group HQ. Well, I couldnt find them. (See above) I spent 2-3 hours trying to Goggle/Forum search to try and find out if this was something I could do or take part in or how and eventually just abandon all hope and went and did/played something else.

More website issues as an inexperienced player. Currently there is a section that says 'Spotlight' Clock Tower. What does this mean? Whats going on in Clock Tower? What does this mean to me? How do I take part in whatever this is? Oh look! A News and Events section. I'll click those. And they have not been updated since Oct 2019. Come on. Severe lack of accessible info or completely irrelevant info at a players fingertips. Also on the website at the bottom of todays updates is a 'Community' section with a link to warpportals Twitch page. Tune into our livestream of Crazy Uproar!! over at twitch.tv/warpportal! I thought 'Oh hey! Maybe I can learn some things and get some info!' Watch some VODs. Etc. Instead I was taken to an account page on Twitch that no longer exists. What? Really? Your FRONT page? Not a good sign.

Again, I can not speak about what has or hasn't been done in the last 10+ years, but I can comment on glaring issues that are front and center to a new player and are quite discouraging, confusing, and more. Several friends have already gave up trying to sort thru everything or trying to wrap their heads around what they should be or can be doing and where. Can't say I blame them.

Just my 2 cents from a big noob. Ty.

#409 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

As a fairly inexperienced player and recently playing for the last few weeks, there are a couple things that stand out to me and have been an extreme source of confusion or a roadblock. These things may be second nature to someone playing for years but I'm coming from a new player experience.

Let's start off with the Eden Group HQ. This area is absolutely impossible to navigate or find NPCs or even comprehend when it is a screen full of chatrooms and merchants. I feel this room should be clean and free of such clutter so that leveling players can find the NPC they need without all the clutter. It's an important HUB (as far as I can tell) for new player progression quests and helpful gear while leveling. Seems a design oversight to allow players to fill the room with shops and chatrooms to the point where you cant even see anything.

The website. More information accessible on the website would be a huge help. Say for instance clickable banners for events with concise explanations. (I know I'll get hazed for this but) Example: Mad Bunny event. I personally have no idea where to go, what to do, if I can participate as a low tier player or what this is. There's no link to click for info at all and trying to Google anything is a sea of Ragnarok:Re-Start Renewal Transcendence Mobile... it's next to impossible. Half the time I don't even know what version of Ragnarok I'm playing let alone if anything I find online is relevant to me at all. (I still don't know what's the difference between ReNewal or Transcendence or Classic) Is the info in the Forums? Twitter? Wiki pages?

Another example is the Silvervine System. The wiki page lists NPCs that either no longer exist or have been moved. At one point I saw a random comment saying that the NPCs were moved to the Eden Group HQ. Well, I couldnt find them. (See above) I spent 2-3 hours trying to Goggle/Forum search to try and find out if this was something I could do or take part in or how and eventually just abandon all hope and went and did/played something else.

More website issues as an inexperienced player. Currently there is a section that says 'Spotlight' Clock Tower. What does this mean? Whats going on in Clock Tower? What does this mean to me? How do I take part in whatever this is? Oh look! A News and Events section. I'll click those. And they have not been updated since Oct 2019. Come on. Severe lack of accessible info or completely irrelevant info at a players fingertips. Also on the website at the bottom of todays updates is a 'Community' section with a link to warpportals Twitch page. Tune into our livestream of Crazy Uproar!! over at twitch.tv/warpportal! I thought 'Oh hey! Maybe I can learn some things and get some info!' Watch some VODs. Etc. Instead I was taken to an account page on Twitch that no longer exists. What? Really? Your FRONT page? Not a good sign.

Again, I can not speak about what has or hasn't been done in the last 10+ years, but I can comment on glaring issues that are front and center to a new player and are quite discouraging, confusing, and more. Several friends have already gave up trying to sort thru everything or trying to wrap their heads around what they should be or can be doing and where. Can't say I blame them.

As for the chatroom issue in eden, you can hide them with ctrl + f11

Shift + f11 to hide vending shop

Not an ideal solution because new players surely wont know about it, but its the only solution right now

#410 GoatSentry

GoatSentry

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:28 PM

As for the chatroom issue in eden, you can hide them with ctrl + f11

Shift + f11 to hide vending shop

Not an ideal solution because new players surely wont know about it, but its the only solution right now

Thank you! I will try and remember this tip!

#411 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:19 AM

Can we make this website a little user friendlier like what you did in RO Transedence?   http://renewal.playr...ws/updates.aspx . Thanks

#412 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

No thanks.

I prefer renewal website over Transcendence website.

What Gravity needs to do for renewal is to change the log in screen background and loading screen like what they did on Transcendance.

Can we make this website a little user friendlier like what you did in RO Transedence?   http://renewal.playr...ws/updates.aspx . Thanks

And also, follow what kRO has will be nice.

#413 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:28 AM

MORE OCP pls

#414 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:24 AM

More Cash Shop updates please?

#415 honkey

honkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:32 AM

I think a huge improvement in quality of life for game play would be fixing the areas where shops can be opened. If you can prevent shops from being opened in the areas near the kafra, ie screen wide, would be great, but keep skills enabled otherwise that would be worse (if possible). One of the great aspects of this game is to hang out in town, chill and talk to each other. However, the vast amount of annoying shops keep popping up in places where we'd like to sit and afk. 

#416 asdafgah

asdafgah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 11:10 AM

Question, when will OCA / MCA Contents be updated? Thanks!

#417 cywww

cywww

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:38 AM

SHELIA BOXER UPDATE to September 2019 Costume Box PLEASE

#418 volleyball

volleyball

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:58 PM

When will Metal stick[3] be available? The MVP in rock ridge doesn’t drop any valuable item.Don’t you think it is ridiculous?

#419 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:00 PM

You are spot on with regard to your suggestions and your 'beefs'. I have a love/hate relationship with this game and its company. I love this game so much that I have put up with a lack of professionalism from the company w/respect to its website for MANY YEARS. Again, I love the game and have played it since 2003. I know people hear claims such as this, but in my case, it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE. I am still logging into an account that I created in May of 2003. I had one earlier account from Beta as well, which I still have saved in my password program, but my current account was created as of the official U.S. release.

I have complained countless times about the lack of professionalism and communication, yet, I continue to play, because I can relate to the issues the staff faces. 

That being said: I think it is crucial that we continue to voice our opinion about what we think is important. If we don't, then they will have no way of knowing that the website is lacking and that we actually care about that.

So, I just wanted to give your post a big +1 and preemptively pushback against 'defenders', who may have their heart in the right place, but forget that this is a business and customers have a duty to let their concerns be known.

P.S. I love Ragnarok and I respect the hard work of each employee. Okay, now, let's work on making this website and the game much bigger and better!

Edited by Chisami, 22 April 2020 - 06:00 PM.

#420 jitterscrux

jitterscrux

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 247 posts
  • LocationPoopland
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:55 PM

Ok first off I was about to think this game was close to death but after reading posts on here I can tell it is far from it. That is a very big huge relief for me. As I have no life and game. Jk.

#421 DuzwaNightfury

DuzwaNightfury

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:08 PM

Hi,

I've requested for an Item Restoration and am hoping this would be fixed before the end of the Mad Bunny event? Its been almost a week already and the Mad Bunny Event is ending next week. Anyone would like to help escalate this request? I'm keen on continuing to upgrade this item.

Thank you

#422 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:38 PM

Consider adding old OCP equipments via shop or quests. looking for certain equipments is harder in Thor with our current population(heck the pRO cash shop had more gears than here). 

#423 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 25 April 2020 - 10:21 AM

rework shopping board, move mail room from eden2 to kitchen

#424 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 10:00 PM

Shopping board is horribad. Too painful too look for items at all. 

For example, I want to buy a costume with a specific enchant. When ragial was up, I just need to input: costume. Now, I can't even look it up because shopping board is too case sensitive and doesn't even return anything when search is too broad. 

Clearly a 10 years step backwards. Don't make RO feel more outdated than it already is. 

#425 konstrukt

konstrukt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 09:54 AM

Hello and happy Monday, everybody!

On behalf of the Ragnarok staff, I'd like to start a discussion on any ideas you all may have on improving Ragnarok Online. What do we mean by "improving"? It could be anything, from the type of content you want to see or the type of updates you like, anything you think would make it a better game.

Please refrain from citing things you want from kRO or jRO - we're aware that everyone very much wants the latest updates from kRO, but in this instance we're looking for original ideas on what the players would like to see in our game  :ok:

As always, please be courteous :)

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you all!

With this thread being created and pinned by Warpportal, I understand Warpportal looks forward to this game continuing for the long-term, which I am completely happy with.

The ideas provided here are meant to do the following:

a. Introduce QoL options to keep people playing and enjoying certain parts of the game.

b. Attract (and hopefully retain) new people to the game.

c. Help people that took a hiatus and are returning to the game.

Following are my ideas to improve this game:

1. Updated class guides for each class.  IRO wiki is (in some cases) the best we have, which is "ok", but information seems unorganized and sometimes still outdated.  Quests/Instances are fair enough to follow on the wiki, but I wouldn't mind seeing Warpportal have an official guide on some of these things as well -- especially when they differ from iRO and RT.

I know the first person that replies to my post is going to say "well there are already guides in the class forums - go look at them", to which my response would be "I have looked at them and some are halfway done or flipping 8 years old and assuming max level is still 150....some have broken links to gear or images...some don't recognize current gear options...the list goes on".

I am asking for some major hand-holding and I think this would absolutely help new players coming to the game, as well as returning players.  Would you think you are playing a game that is in it for the long-term if you see a guide created in 2012 for the class you are trying to play?  All the other guides around it are from 2013, 2016, etc.  If I didn't already have a love for this game, that would be a huge red flag for me to continue playing or contributing money to a game that could be dying for all I know.

My request is for Warpportal to create pinned class guides in each class sub-forum that stays up-to-date.  You could hire or encourage (with in-game offerings) the veterans of this game to create these guides and keep them updated.  Generally updates would only be necessary if there is a skill change/re-balance, game mechanic change, new content or gear(especially new OCPs).  You could allow people that are familiarized with their class to post in the thread and have that trusted veteran/employee update/add that person's particular set-up/build in the main post(s) of the pinned guide using the format below.

I would recommend class guides be organized this way:

(Date it was last updated/created)Name of Build

• Quick summary of what you use this build for (PVM, PVP, MVP) and if there are any specific requirements for the build, such as a particular expensive piece of gear/card, or certain level before it works.
  • Stats and variations.
  • Skills required for said-build to work properly and include variations if there are any.
  • Gear for each slot to maximize that build's potential, and variations of gear that will still allow the build to work properly.
  • Other items required for said-build to work, such as consumables, etc.
  • Leveling recommendations/requirements.
  • Finally, to ice the cake, I would recommend closing notes that are updated once per year if there are no changes to gear/stats/skills that basically says (still working as of 2020, 2021, 2022, etc.)

2. Timeline of important changes/summary of patch notes, dates, all in one thread.  This way people do not need to go check every single maintenance thread to see major changes to their class or the game/system.

This is pretty straight-forward.  This should just allow people to see if there have been any significant class/game changes that may affect returning players.  This just allows us to filter all of the maintenance information out, and just focus on major game changes.  We shouldn't need to click hundreds of maintenance threads to try to locate what was changed and when.  People go on hiatus for a year or more sometimes and this will ease their transition back into the game.

3. Improved version of the Shopping Board.

Ragial is gone, but why can't Warpportal do something similar?  The shopping board is okay - I don't mind using it...but there are some flaws/shortcomings.

Improvements:

• Allow people to start a new search within the same window.  Why do we have to close the box and click the shopping board to search a new item?
  • Allow the shopping board to pick up ALL shops in different cities, but if the shop is located outside of your city, it will just have a (city) next to the shop so you know you need to visit that city and purchase there.
  • Provide an item history, showing last 5 or 10 sale amounts for that item, and average selling price of the item for the last 90 days for that item (completed sales).

4. Updates to how OCP or other cash shop items are offered to the player base.

See my thread here: https://forums.warpp...sideasthoughts/

Closing arguments

I know a lot of veterans know the ins and outs of this game, but I have played the game off and on since 2002 and I still need assistance for my classes and clarity on changes.  The thread asked us to provide something to improve the game, and my recommendations are built around what I personally think would improve the game significantly.  I believe many of these would help people like me to navigate the game better.

Thank you for your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users