Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 23 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#551 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 08:29 AM

ThaiRO whales beat iRO whales by miles. This is expecting. ThaiRO will most likely receive level 200 update before iRO xD

why do i have a feeling it's because their WoE and PvP scenes are alive? nothing else pushes players to get stronger but these.

ThaiRO whales beat iRO whales by miles. This is expecting. ThaiRO will most likely receive level 200 update before iRO xD

why do i have a feeling it's because their WoE and PvP scenes are alive? nothing else pushes players to get stronger but these.

#552 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2021 - 08:37 AM

That is a huge part of it. The death of chaos woe scene(by accumulating power creep and EU ban) affected "pvm players" more than anyone gives credit for

#553 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:25 AM

I love when one didn't play complained on PVP and PVM's life.  :heh:

Huge problem, sure come from WOE players than anything else. 

#554 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:40 PM

1. Ez gacha rates here. You know it doesn't take much money to gear up one character before AoE wipe contents. Ez rates did kill the profit and party play, which was a core of RO. Anyone who played RO in 2002 knows this. Not only that, it's saturated PvM loots to the point it aint worth farming, even you OHKO wipe them.

2. Yeah WoE isn't a big thing here anymore. WoE was a thing that was highly competitive and because of that, people like me used to spend a lot of money or time to gear up for WoE (some scrubs resorted to cheating and WP failed to ban them before cheating became a necessity or widely common). Moreover, you know, I used to buy lots of items and loots from PvM players too lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 02 September 2021 - 04:35 PM.

#555 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:41 PM

Is there actually anything to do besides WoE after reaching max level and haggling all the good gear? :p_err:

#556 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:32 PM

Is there actually anything to do besides WoE after reaching max level and haggling all the good gear? :p_err:

Sit and afk all the day.

#557 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 05:24 PM

Sit and afk all the day.

Tried it. I got harassed by creeps instead. :p_err:

#558 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 September 2021 - 07:49 PM

you are supposed to be afk, not actually hang out :v

jokes aside, after having a "complete character" people will move to a next class/build they wanna try. Or try to make some gimmicky skill work, etc.

#559 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:11 PM

who would not got "complete character" when iRO have not increased Level Cap content since 6 years ago? 

Edited by aTID2, 02 September 2021 - 10:12 PM.

#560 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:11 AM

collect hats

#561 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:30 AM

Classic server when? 

#562 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:44 AM

New kRO Renewal server better

#563 Lynreve

Lynreve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:50 AM

collect hats

There’s a limit to how appealing a never changing 2 centimetre sprite that can’t even change clothes could be, unfortunately.

#564 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:55 AM

Chat in forum  :ani_slur:

#565 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 03 September 2021 - 04:58 AM

There’s a limit to how appealing a never changing 2 centimetre sprite that can’t even change clothes could be, unfortunately.

That's fair. I do wish there were more costume sprites. Gravity should invest on more skins because they do sell a lot in plenty of games especially mobas. I guess RO Mobile have tons of those but it would be nice to see something similar in original RO :c

#566 6151210714154945247

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:06 PM

As a newer player (started playing around mid-July of this year), I just wanted to give a thought. I played ragnarok when I was a teenager around the year 2000, and just recently got back into ragnarok online (with a completely new account as I lost track of my old one); my nostalgic memories of exploring the game world and the social interaction back then (e.g., 1st job class quests where other players would help out) brought me back.

I'm playing mostly solo at the moment due to my time commitments. I like that I can do some meaningful things solo (although, in actuality, I can do most things solo now). I find that I feel a bit deterred from trying to form or join a party, because I believe that there's a huge gap in power between the cash item equipments and those that can be reasonably hunted in-game; in other words, I don't believe my character can contribute to a team compared to many other players' decked out characters; I did join a party once, and it was a single lower level character that out-performed everyone else who annihilated the monsters with a single spammable AOE skill--the experience was not challenging, not enjoyable. That said, I don't expect the cash items to just go up and disappear; they're part of the game now. So, i've sort of just relinquished myself to playing solo and ignoring the expensive cash shop items--which appears to make the game trivial.

The suggestion I'm giving with this message post is for warpportal/gravity to consider tuning down the power-gap when the newer 4th classes are released. 

#567 6151210714154945247

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:47 AM

As a new player, I'm noticing a lot of price manipulation of some key items. For example, the True Kathryne Keyron card used to sell for around 40m, but it appears that someone bought all of them and have bumped the price up to around 100m. Similarly, Rutilus-OS which sold for around 9m have been bumped up to 38m (or momentarily 100m at times). It probably doesn't impact the older players as much as the newer players, since it's the new players who don't yet have those equipments/items. As a new player, it's a negative experience to see this happening, since the system enables (and in a way encourages) this monopolizing behavior which is only possible for the already wealthy. It's a case of "the rich getting richer" and the poor dealing with more obstacles--which feels unfair.

The tax on >10m somewhat curbs the behavior, but it's not enough. I'm unsure of a good feasible solution to the monopolizing behavior, but I just thought I'd point out one of the negative experiences from my perspective as a newer player. Not sure if it's feasible to limit the reselling of equipments and cards, or if it's simply more feasible to set up alerts to monitor the behavior.

Note, to be clear, I'm not against reselling. I'm against monopolizing (or close to it) behavior.

#568 Bardoak

Bardoak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:13 PM

IRO TRANSCENDENCE Server (Poring)~

• Can we please have a solution to hackers in WoE? They just take whatever castles they wish to attack as they can take all damages without dying. Soul Destroyer, Gfists, even Lex'd while using Double daggers, non defensive gears. Can we have a GM to watch weekly even at least one person to chat in game to monitor those hackers? Imagine defending castles for a long time after putting all the effort to take it then one Sinx just comes and wipe everyone. We've been sending tickets and believe they keep getting banned. BUT the problem is they just keep remaking characters. IP Ban would be very ideal or live monitoring during WoE. It really sucks to see 1 player being attacked by 10+ maxed gears at the same time and would never die as if they don't exist.

Some brazilian members want to come back but as soon as they're informed about hackers, that killed the idea. 

Edited by Bardoak, 19 September 2021 - 03:14 PM.

#569 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3543 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 03:22 PM

<p>

IRO TRANSCENDENCE Server (Poring)~

• Can we please have a solution to hackers in WoE? They just take whatever castles they wish to attack as they can take all damages without dying. Soul Destroyer, Gfists, even Lex'd while using Double daggers, non defensive gears. Can we have a GM to watch weekly even at least one person to chat in game to monitor those hackers? Imagine defending castles for a long time after putting all the effort to take it then one Sinx just comes and wipe everyone. We've been sending tickets and believe they keep getting banned. BUT the problem is they just keep remaking characters. IP Ban would be very ideal or live monitoring during WoE. It really sucks to see 1 player being attacked by 10+ maxed gears at the same time and would never die as if they don't exist.

Some brazilian members want to come back but as soon as they're informed about hackers, that killed the idea.

They autopotting bruh. And most of em use illegal program to be able to see sumbody cloaking/hiding.

#570 Bardoak

Bardoak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:07 PM

They autopotting bruh. And most of em use illegal program to be able to see sumbody cloaking/hiding.

Specific players from 1 guild keep hacking the game. 1 Wiz lvl 84 wipes everyone with one Storm gust. 10+ players auto attack, Soul Destroyer, lex'd gfists and survives. 
Assassin cross with double daggers and non defensive gears just taking damage while wiping everyone..

I'll be happy to send replays of these hackers. We've been asking GMs to have a solution about it or even come for WoE even once, but all they can do is get rid of them by banning we believe but those motivated hackers keep remaking characters. It's really frustrating. Many make time and effort to come play for WoE but it's definitely a turn off to see hackers and we cant simply do anything about it. 

It's been exactly 1 month and 1 week (5 weeks of WoEs) these hackers been existing and nothing has been done. All we need is Live GM, to ban hackers on the spot. 

I wonder when these hackers join Chaos and wipes everyone on sight. I hope you all don't experience it coz it's frustrating to have invested money and time in the game you can't enjoy coz GMs won't do anything about these hackers.

#571 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2021 - 07:27 PM

I have been on the receiving end of spammable soul destroyer in WoE TE. We have ways to deal with it but the odds are against us specially when we need to get outside the agit and use box of sunlight. I hope they atleast enable Maya Purple in WoE TE.

#572 neal2008

neal2008

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:19 PM

When will the 2nd runestone update arrive?
It would really help if the weight of runestones were reduced. I have been carrying around 1750 weight of runes. along with other consumables i would always be overweight during WoE with limited stocks that will have to be refilled halfway though WoE.
I carry around 5 different runestones with varying amounts depending on how often i use them

#573 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 05:55 PM

Please add Cure lv1 enchant stone for middle costume. 

One decade, healers can't wear anything else but Light of Cure. 

https://www.divine-p...m/4803/cure-lv1

Edited by zeywei, 30 September 2021 - 12:39 AM.

#574 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:08 AM

I hope they revamp the refining process such that a higher than +10 item would no longer go below +10. A lot of times player mistakenly used carnium/bradium for +11 to +12 and fails and it goes to +8 which is really cruel.

#575 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 21 October 2021 - 04:27 AM

rofl
that was so funny :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users