Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 24 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#576 forthrallwow1

forthrallwow1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

I hope we can add a notification on the game launcher : "Change your password if you are a returning player otherwise you can't sign on".

I don't think every returning player will check forums before they try to log on.

#577 Fishoid

Fishoid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 07:36 PM

Here's my two cents

1. Can we do something about the Eden bots? 

2. Ragnarok Script for Auto Farming (Sprite farming) needs to be dealt with too. People are using this at MVP's and it's making it a lot less fun when they can just set their characters to spam teleport and find the boss quickly. It's pretty obvious to spot especially when you have perfectly timed teleports every single time. 

Edited by Fishoid, 25 December 2021 - 07:40 AM.

#578 yydwsn

yydwsn

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:10 AM

Is that possible to introduce a ranking for Merchant selling?

For example, how much zeny totally the merchant sells over time, and provide a rank for that?

It may be interesting to see who is the most powerful, richest, or active merchant in the server.

#579 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:08 PM

.........................................................i think a good way would be to change the cooldown of coluseo heal to 0.2 seconds..................................................................................

#580 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 January 2022 - 06:43 PM

Having another hotkey bar would help keeping up with the growing number of skills and items.

or maybe some other key to press to switch to 4 alternate hotkey bars

Edited by CharBestGrill, 13 January 2022 - 06:45 PM.

#581 chel0897

chel0897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 04:23 PM

Literally just came back today after.... FIVE YEARS. I don't know if there really are still people playing, because usually when I go to Eden Group and look for TI leveling group, there'd be tons going to mid or some other dungeon that needs a bunch of people in a party. Today, I have only seen people selling or buying stuff. Perhaps it's because I've been gone way wayyyy too long and have no clue what went down, but it is kind of heart breaking to see. I mean, I understand that people have grown up and moved on with their lives, but Ragnarok being my best pc game since 5th grade just holds a very dear place in my heart. Maybe I hoped for too much, but it'd be nice if iRO becomes available in a lot of countries again. I really wanna see those days when Chaos would have a whopping 10k or 15k people and dungeons and cities brimming with lots of people doing quests or just socializing, making plans for a grind or instances.

Basically, if it's even within you guys' control, lift the ban (??? am I even using the right phrase?) or make the game available in other places again. The more people the livelier and the more event ideas are to come in-game.

#582 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 January 2022 - 11:48 AM

Can we get Q-Pets?  Also, all the above are great ideas too

#583 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Server:iRO - Thor/Transcendence

Posted 04 February 2022 - 03:23 PM

Dear CM/GM,

Can we request for a  Base Lv Experience Eater NPC? (an NPC that can remove all experience level on the bar)

This is truly useful for farm grinding peeps out there :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

#584 JPTrader604

JPTrader604

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 08:22 AM

This may require that you look into weapon/shield sets to make sure nothing is broken. I wonder if you could have a weapon/shield set apply 2x if you have 2 of the weapon cards, and 1 of the shield cards. The example I have is the Big Ben Card + Neopunk Card set. The 1x set is 50% mdef penetration for formless/demon monsters. The other weapon cards for magic attack frankly aren't good. They're something like 5-10% magical damage increase, while physical attack has 20-30% (Hydra, Contaminated Wanderer). So that's why I opted to use my weapon slots for my MDEF penetration. It'd be nice if I could put in 2 Big Ben Cards into my weapon and have it enable the 50% MDEF penetration twice (100%). It would make up for the bad weapon cards that magic users have. They could use those bad slots, and use their accessories/helmet for something better, which could give similar effects to having 2x hydra cards in weapon.

I'm a Divine Guard Hat (genesis ray RG). I can't use a King of Spirit Circlet for MDEF penetration. Temporal Int Manteau's are very expensive (and only for 2 races). Armor of White Thread is a possible solution, however I think Illusion Armor adds a lot of MATK when you add in 2x MATK orbs it's basically 300 MATK at +12 refinement. Perverse Demon Mask is also a possibility, but genesis ray rg's aren't exactly supposed to have that much strength (although I'm a hybrid genesis ray rg so I would, but I'm stubborn and want to use 2x themis since it's very strong especially if it gets fixed). 

There's also the nightmare arclouse + nightmare mimic set which is the same as big ben/neo punk, but for brute and undead. From what I know I don't think any other equipment has 2x slots other than weapon, so all you'd have to do is look into each weapon/shield combination and see if there would be any issues with having a double effect. There's about 7 pages of shield cards on the website I'm looking at. If there are any combinations with weapon + any equipment other than shield that also has to be looked into, I'm too new to know whether weapons and other equipment have sets. 

Edited by JPTrader604, 05 February 2022 - 08:26 AM.

#585 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 03:33 AM

This may require that you look into weapon/shield sets to make sure nothing is broken. I wonder if you could have a weapon/shield set apply 2x if you have 2 of the weapon cards, and 1 of the shield cards. The example I have is the Big Ben Card + Neopunk Card set. The 1x set is 50% mdef penetration for formless/demon monsters. The other weapon cards for magic attack frankly aren't good. They're something like 5-10% magical damage increase, while physical attack has 20-30% (Hydra, Contaminated Wanderer). So that's why I opted to use my weapon slots for my MDEF penetration. It'd be nice if I could put in 2 Big Ben Cards into my weapon and have it enable the 50% MDEF penetration twice (100%). It would make up for the bad weapon cards that magic users have. They could use those bad slots, and use their accessories/helmet for something better, which could give similar effects to having 2x hydra cards in weapon.

I'm a Divine Guard Hat (genesis ray RG). I can't use a King of Spirit Circlet for MDEF penetration. Temporal Int Manteau's are very expensive (and only for 2 races). Armor of White Thread is a possible solution, however I think Illusion Armor adds a lot of MATK when you add in 2x MATK orbs it's basically 300 MATK at +12 refinement. Perverse Demon Mask is also a possibility, but genesis ray rg's aren't exactly supposed to have that much strength (although I'm a hybrid genesis ray rg so I would, but I'm stubborn and want to use 2x themis since it's very strong especially if it gets fixed). 

There's also the nightmare arclouse + nightmare mimic set which is the same as big ben/neo punk, but for brute and undead. From what I know I don't think any other equipment has 2x slots other than weapon, so all you'd have to do is look into each weapon/shield combination and see if there would be any issues with having a double effect. There's about 7 pages of shield cards on the website I'm looking at. If there are any combinations with weapon + any equipment other than shield that also has to be looked into, I'm too new to know whether weapons and other equipment have sets. 

Bro thats the prob with set cards, it only activate 1 set effect, like thief card set etc. They do this to as fail-safe to abuse, as these are free in-game items, expect better items from Cash Shop items like OCP scrolls/Kachua Keys etc, as studio may give modified/enchanced gears for a buck.

I'm a new magic user too, found out getting magic amplifying cards are troublesome compared to physical attacks

I think Themis Balance [1]  with Headless Mule compounded on it may give additional 20% magic damage. At Lv. 150, may give 50% additional RoG damage for each accessory

Dress armors would be great to have too ( Abyss dress, Nature dress, samael Dress, etc)

Edited by Meddler01, 06 February 2022 - 04:23 AM.

#586 6151210714154945247

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 06:30 AM

Regarding the "personal shopper voucher", I find it infuriating that when I'm trying to buy an item say, "Sate to 7 Headgear Certificate," that a market manipulator can just add 1000 zeny to the purchase price... if I lower my purchase price, they lower their purchase price just to be above mine... rinse and repeat. This is one of the things that is making me consider quitting the game, because I don't enjoy having to deal with continuously moving prices the moment I place down my price and I don't feel like I can buy the items at a reasonable price.

Can you limit the number of times (perhaps, up to 3 times) that the personal shopper voucher can be used within a day?

#587 6151210714154945247

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:32 AM

You're assuming the "perpetuals" aren't market manipulators. The ones buying thousands of BSBs and Safe to certificates.

Simple demonstrations, let's define p1 as character belonging to a "perpetual" and p2 belonging to the same "perpetual":

p1: B>Safe to 7 Body 2 mil

p2: S> Safe to 7 Body 3.5 mil

me: B> Safe to 7 Body 2.5 mil

p1: B>Safe to 7 Body 2.5 mil + 1000 zeny

me: cancel the buy

p1: B>Safe to 7 Body 2 mil

These happen within minutes. Can I go higher? Yes, but it's basically just giving them profit to repeat what they are doing, because the "perpetuals" have the funds to buy extreme quantities they can keep the price high--particularly, for the essential/important items. 

As alternative solutions to limiting the use of personal shopper voucher, can Warpportal increase the weight of the items or limit the quantity that vendors can buy/sell of these important items?

Edited by 6151210714154945247, 09 February 2022 - 08:34 AM.

#588 JPTrader604

JPTrader604

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 09:20 AM

Yea idk I haven't really had it happen to me. I just usually offer way higher than the perpetuals, and I sometimes get my fill for what I need. Other than that I'll just get it at market price. You can say it's giving them profit, a more accurate statement would be they're taking away your desired discount. It's not like they're manipulating in order to increase the current market price. But yeah the certs market is weird. I was disappointed it didn't react to refinement event ending at all. Even BSBs reacted. 

Edited by JPTrader604, 09 February 2022 - 09:28 AM.

#589 JPTrader604

JPTrader604

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 10:25 AM

Hi can we get an NPC that sets floor prices (even if it's as low as like 10%) of the value of monster equipment drops? It would help a lot, crimsons aren't sellable. Neither are Abyss Glastheim drops, neither are Magma 3 drops. Everyone goes straight to cash shop items, the number of new players coming in isn't enough so prices just keep going down on everything. Doing daily instances for zeny feels like a job. If you play a MMORPG you want to level + make money at the same time. If Abyss Glastheim drops are worth 10m, 10% would be 1M and I have only looted like 10-15 from level 175-180, it would hardly be economy breaking. If anything it would help us out of the deflationary environment we're in. You wouldn't have to get too crazy with 500+ equipment, just maybe 10-30 of the important ones (the ones people try to vend but can't because noone buys it)

Edited by JPTrader604, 09 February 2022 - 10:41 AM.

#590 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 11:26 AM

no new players coming in means no value for low tier gears, sadly.

hopefully leaving players rate is as low as the coming in's, or the server is fkd

Edited by RonSilver, 09 February 2022 - 11:29 AM.

#591 JPTrader604

JPTrader604

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 11:35 AM

Well I was a new player I came around end of December, beginning of January. I just used Edens gear until I was like 100, then I went straight to cash shop items. I don't think anyone is gonna sit around and grind zeny to buy 5m->10m->50m->100m->200m->300m->500m items anymore. Anyone who knows this game is too old. It's also impossible to do that when those players themselves cannot sell crimson gear for like 5m or whatever. Ultimately mmorpg players wanna level + make some zeny at the same time so that's why I suggested the NPC. 

Edited by JPTrader604, 09 February 2022 - 11:46 AM.

#592 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 02:25 PM

thing is the staff is actually trying to sink zeny via various means to get prices down. Introducing zeny by selling items to npc without control generates inflation.

EDIT: may be crimson weapons could be made tradable for badges via Merry Badger NPC? 3 weapon = 1 badge or something like that

Edited by RonSilver, 09 February 2022 - 02:31 PM.

#593 Keith

Keith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 11:20 PM

There are already tons of items with next to no value and part of the ideology of those items was to keep people from inflating prices from bot farming etc.

#594 Ziyuukun

Ziyuukun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 04:46 PM

There is a Lucky Raphael event to collect Zeny, but Lucky Raphael only provides garbage.

So no one uses it.

As a result, Lucky Raphael have failed to collect Zeny.

I think that Zeny's inflation can be eliminated by implementing JRO equipment not only in OCP but also in Lucky Raphael.

I'm not good at English, thank you for reading :P

#595 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 13 February 2022 - 05:41 PM

Balance all ocp gears. Before OCP iro was pretty alive with huge guilds and huge WOE, simply reason: The bounty of castle, have god item was the greatest thing in game.
now isn't matter, just buy ocp and you have good gears, play solo, don't need party, don't need woe, don't need farm.

#596 Meddler01

Meddler01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 11:34 PM

Dear GM/CM,

Can we request for a lower the Lv  Accessibility of Toy Ring[1] ?

https://www.divine-p...8596/toy-ring-1

This is probably more useful to Knights and LK , not RK which has 3rd job skills to use.

Maybe atleast Lv 60 or something

Edited by Meddler01, 14 February 2022 - 11:35 PM.

#597 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:02 AM

I am sure this has been mentioned and lost in all the pages.

make older stuff no longer account bound.
battlegrounds equips
kvm equips
RWC accessories
etc

#598 neal2008

neal2008

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 03:41 PM

Please release a 2-Handed Sword that has 3 slots and is a lv4 weapon

2-Handed Weapons eat up your shield slot in the equipment tab but are mostly weaker than their 1-Handed counterpart. 2-Handed Weapons need a buff to compensate their lack of defensive properties.

#599 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:41 PM

Please release a 2-Handed Sword that has 3 slots and is a lv4 weapon

2-Handed Weapons eat up your shield slot in the equipment tab but are mostly weaker than their 1-Handed counterpart. 2-Handed Weapons need a buff to compensate their lack of defensive properties.

We need Veteran Sword[3] slot

https://www.divine-p...se/item/21024/3

It deals huge damage when paired with shoes and ring.

#600 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2022 - 03:42 AM

WP Should do someting with WOE as fast as possible. 
People quitting drastically because WOE time unmatched to SEA players.
And new server for them will be open soon with faster updates. 

The only reason you sold  big amount of KP to them in past year ,  just because they want to try the newest updates. 

Once their native server coming with the same updates , they have no reason to stay.

WOE are the only reason you can keep them active here.
And you still let time flies to miss the last chance ?

Stop those Cash shop updates.

No point to update when no one exist to purchase them anymore.

Edited by zeywei, 16 February 2022 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users