Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 25 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#601 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 09:36 PM

Hi, could we get a full update of Crimson weapons? IIRC Crimsons were around last time I played RO, back in like 2008 or so. I just discovered Vicious Mind weapons which have a similar refinement bonus to Crimsons (Atk + (Upgrade level * upgrade level) up to maximum of 15). but they're not a full upgrade. At this point I don't see a point of not fully updating Crimsons for the sake of "keeping the value of crimsons up"- I think very few people buy crimsons these days. I think adding an NPC to buy them for 200-400k would help players who are at that level earn zeny.

Few differences between Crimsons and Vicious Mind:

1. Crimsons have an element to them. This could be 200% damage on a monster if you get the element correct. From what I see, Vicious Mind weapons don't have an element (none on the board right now have an element and I have looted 3-4, none have elements)
2. Crimsons have 2 card slots, Vicious Mind only has 1 slot
3. Crimsons also have 5 Atk for every 10 base levels above 70.

If nothing else, this could act as a way to make zeny for F2P players, and a zeny sink for P2W players.

Here's my situation: I'm looking for a spear that can destroy angels, because I'm a hybrid Genesis Ray RG. Clearly my GR wouldn't work against angels, so I'm a hybrid (vanishing point for holy immune). I need a shadow property weapon, with 2 card slots to put in a Butoijo card inside of it. Problem with Boost Lance: No property. Problem with Vicious Mind: No property, and only 1 card slot. The only option is a Crimson, which is an old weapon and has 90 base weapon atk.

If someone had a weapon that was Shadow (RNG looting) + 20-25% damage on holy (RNG rolling on 10-25%), + 20% on angel (RNG rolling on 10-20%) and had 2 card slots, I would pay 100m for it, maybe more.

But that weapon doesn't exist. On top of that as mentioned, no one really buys Crimsons anymore. They kind of just sit on the market. If we added an NPC to buy Crimsons for 200-400k, and added an "updated Crimson", we could start seeing weapons on the market for 20-100M again. The elemental advantage is very important, converters don't have holy or shadow. You could also make some late game monsters immune to elemental converters (but allow weapon properties to work on them). It's just a way for F2P players to make money and P2W players to sink zeny.

PS if this is done please don't forget the +5 atk per base level over 70 that crimson has..... TBH if you update the Crimsons the only effect (if done properly) that is different from the Crimsons is going from Weapon Base Damage 90 -> (Vicious Mind Spear is like 140). It's only 50 Atk tbh, but it does get expanded by your STR. (You could also make it higher base atk than Vicious mind to make it better, like 180 instead).

I think we can all agree as cash shop items get stronger, monsters are also getting stronger, making it harder for F2P players. When you create a new weapon like a Vicious Mind weapon, in an instance that is "manageable" ie doable for F2P players, you should lean towards "make it stronger than it's former self".

And if nothing else, you could make it so vicious mind weapons can have properties. You could make the argument that you want everyone to be P2W and buy OCPs and cash shop items, but Ii've been here for OCP 33 and OCP 34. What I see is crazy undervaluation (fire sale type of behavior) of anything that isn't like 2% and above. It makes sense because so many players are at end game and have all their gear. If F2P players could make more money by selling crimsons to NPCs and (properly upgraded Crimsons) to players for 20M+, there might be more demand for those Tier B items.

Its not a zeny sink

And its a way to introduce inflation quickly

#602 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:TRO

Posted 20 February 2022 - 09:50 PM

In KRO there is a NPC in paramarket who sell the hammers used to exchange +9 ~ +12 crimson weapon to (refine - 2) weapon cert.
This applies to Vicious Mind and Thanatos weapons as well. (requires +9 ~ +11 for (refine - 1) weapon cert instead).

But paramarket doesn't even exist in IRO yet. :S

Edited by Sigma1, 20 February 2022 - 09:54 PM.

#603 Agonizing

Agonizing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3238 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 March 2022 - 10:59 PM

Best way to improve RO is to fix the crap that's been broken and stop making new servers that's going to last for 2 years and the close it due to WP failures. 

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

We shouldn't have to suffer for all your screw ups. I'm sure most of us didn't pay for crappy services.

#604 Senretsu

Senretsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:43 PM

The best way to improve RO is to bring the VIP+KP combo back!

#605 2885201202085242707

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:21 AM

CM I need help.

Hi I have downloaded and installed the RO GGH game from registering it from GNJOY.asia.com but after playing the game for just 2 weeks I am getting error Failed to connect to server after entering the pin and selecting the character.

My country is INDIA.While registering I have selected region as OTHER since INDIA is not listed in the region selection.

Please can you guide me.

#606 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:52 AM

full 3d skin for IRO

#607 RahmatFebriyanto

RahmatFebriyanto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 21 March 2022 - 09:25 AM

Please make any kind of effort in the game worth while

#608 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2022 - 09:10 AM

I hope iRO get skill bar 2 soon

https://imgur.com/gallery/pcu7gM3

#609 Didjay

Didjay

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2022 - 09:57 AM

Do really need items and more items to improve this game? I dont think so, they've been adding all the cash items people've been asking and what is the result? last year we had 950~1k online with some peaks of 1,2k.
I've seen 700 already in prime time.

I will tell you a little bit of my  "challenge", I've played classic, transcedence and restart, but finally gave a chance to renewal. But I'd do something differently, play from zero( to not tell a complete lie, I had some leftovers of 15m, and found out lately I had an extra 16m). Okay, so I was able to buy a ww set for my ranger, I had to find a strategy to make money, ended up being Cor dailies, I had some hundred millions, but not enough to buy any major stuff like Virtual Bow and Type K.
I did stop for like 2 months, and now, I've been trying to sell it again and it have been harder to sell.

The economy is basically based on cash items only, with insane price, there is no way a new player can start this game without paying anything, imagine not knowing how the game works, and then finding out that even 100+ hours of grind wouldnt be enough for him to buy the best stuff.
At this point is really hard to revert the situation, but not impossible, but  wp doesnt look interested on that, well...  fixing items and characters took them forever, something that should've been a hotfix in a day.

Also tickets of transcendence leftovers taking 1m+ and dont even know how much more we gonna have to wait.
Now for the part, make this game better, well...
We need every kind of player to fill a mmo, not casher, a f2p is as important as a p2p cause they will be there to help the market, fill parties, fill guilds...

• What about giving more attention to  dropable items? for example, making monsters drop shadow items from all range
  • Permanent login prizes
  • More events, like booster, stuff to make newer players come and old players back.
  • Guild events, for an incentive for players to not play alone and join guild.
  • Innovative events, not always recycled ones.

Sorry but honestly, launching new ocps with what communities asks, wont change anything, will just make market even more cash items only.
    I know it is not easy, since employees have to work in all games at same time, but if nothing is done, the only server that still alive, will perish.

#610 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 09:29 PM

EDDA BIOLAB PLS

#611 nitaant1234

nitaant1234

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 04:56 AM

Does anyone else realize a big incentive to WoE was to create god items?

Now OCP items outclass every god item available.

Perhaps this is why there is less active WoE? There's no real incentive to hold castles. God items used to be massive upgrades in the past. Now they are inferior. Why would guilds bother with WoE?

And WoE is a huge part of RO. It's the entire PvP aspect, and the thing that makes guilds invest time, energy and money in the game.

Add new god items that outclass OCP items and you have a server with renewed energy and players.

#612 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 16 April 2022 - 06:44 AM

Don't bother about God's being inferior to OCPs. God's have always been a symbol of prestige for the longest time now.

What really matters in WoE is how cheats are heavily infested. At least if GMs won't ban all cheaters, theb legalize all cheats and make them all legal already. Regardless, 99% of current WoE players have at least one illegal edit. Time to stop pretending and just legalize all so-called cheats.

Also, PvP and WoE have never been promoted in iRO. This is a sad hard fact. And people don't wanna participate due to rampage of cheating as mentioned above.

Now PvM can only help carry iRO to certain degree. Now with the first abomination of Enforcer shoes' MA case, and here came other OCPs that were dropped like candies (Shield rings, All dresses, you name them, etc), people go through PvM contents like a hot knife over butter. The 0.34% rate is a good touch but it came little too late. GXs dont even need thr Dark ring for example. Enforcer shoes more than enough lol

Cheating WoE, worthless PvM? You get current iRO.

#613 RahmatFebriyanto

RahmatFebriyanto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 25 April 2022 - 01:58 AM

Make renewal as immersive as pre-renewal with less pay-to-win

#614 sislily

sislily

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:jensislily

Posted 26 April 2022 - 12:50 PM

I'd gladly pay for a permanent expansion to storage, one that doesn't require vip.

#615 RahmatFebriyanto

RahmatFebriyanto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 28 April 2022 - 11:28 AM

Fix the skill description and quest skill for Minstrel

#616 sislily

sislily

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:jensislily

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:36 AM

To get around the 1b zeny trade limit, and max 2b zeny per character, can a weightless item be made that can be bought and sold via npc (that's not overchargeable or discountable) for 1m or other large value? It wouldn't help in a vend scenario, but in a 1:1 trade for high value items (mvp cards for instance) this would cut down on scams and difficulty/anxiety in making a trade.

#617 Amiiii

Amiiii

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 01:54 PM

make another server so the private server people can start. alot of players doesnt want to start when the server is very old. they cant cope with it specially the ones that dont spend. merge it like after the server can cope with woe fights. you can also do a woe tournament. giving out some kafra points to the winner. you can also do a interserver tournament. not all players want alot of costumes in the shop and updates. some players really just enjoy woe. you can check it in your logs, alot of people are online during woe. in tournaments disable all mvp cards. make a classic tournament where it all started. that would be nice. change the party experience. the more people in party the higher the exp like 20%. people be leveling solo. i dont mind solo but its always nice to have new friends. i recommend a new server. i know its not easy to manage this, its easier to say but it will improve the server and more players will come to play.

#618 DDQuidam

DDQuidam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok DS
  • Server:Nintendo DSi XL

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:07 PM

To get around the 1b zeny trade limit, and max 2b zeny per character, can a weightless item be made that can be bought and sold via npc (that's not overchargeable or discountable) for 1m or other large value? It wouldn't help in a vend scenario, but in a 1:1 trade for high value items (mvp cards for instance) this would cut down on scams and difficulty/anxiety in making a trade.

That will never, ever happen bc of dupping hacks and iRO never fixing them, which is why they have shot down such a proposal every time.

#619 proxy16

proxy16

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 01:50 AM

Hi Guys!! @CM/@VM

Just suggesting to reduce the price of old OCP such us 2017-19 to make them purchasable. Only Ring of Jupiter is worth buying from the OLD OCP's. Players now usually Buy it through zeny.

For Example i have 3000 KP(thats 10 Box Only),i want Giant's Protection but too risky to gamble for an item worth 400-500m now. Im gonna do i sell my KP to players then buy it through zeny. But if u make 200KP for each OCP OLD boxes(thats 15 Box) even i gamble and got nothing atleast i have some bsb or bloody branches to sell or reroll it.

This is only a Suggestion

#620 SocietyCancer

SocietyCancer

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:02 PM

i want to report some of the private servers but cant send a ticket. it really bugs me that youre closing some of the private servers and people are just hopping to another private server. let me help you in finding some of the private servers. start with this one.

<snip>

Edited by VModIceCreamCake - Thank you for the links, and I made note of them to the CM team. But it's probably for the best they're not here in public view.

Edited by VModIceCreamCake, 15 May 2022 - 02:16 AM.

#621 therevengeofnico

therevengeofnico

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2022 - 02:20 PM

Where are we on the possibility of implementing the pink aura and the "ting" sound when a card drops? I know some people use grfs for big cards but it isnt my jam. 

#622 Ziyuukun

Ziyuukun

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 08:59 PM

The total number of enemies is too small for the size of the MAP.

So there is no feeling of exhilaration after defeating the enemy.

Therefore, I want you to double or triple the number of enemies.

#623 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:16 PM

Suggested that 6 or 7 years ago, got ignored, like everything in this thread.

Edited by Netha, 21 May 2022 - 07:29 AM.

#624 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2022 - 04:29 AM

More frequent exp boosts to help new players or returning players. Assign special days of the week with exp mods/drop mods so players would have weekly scheduled activities outside WoE.

#625 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 01:09 PM

They should permanently implement the gear boosting event they had a short while ago as well, whats the harm? Especially after destroying private servers, it'd be at least a small chance to get some to start new here. No idea why stuff like this is always time-limited implemented, they should implement EVERYTHING that could help new people start here permanently, shouldve done that years ago, its beyond me why they hate new customers so much and refuse to change anything about their policy. Same for exp boost events, most people that play here have their accounts stackd, they wouldnt profit tooo much from these improvements, but it wouldnt hurt them to have it either in case they wanna try out something they havent dont yet like silly fun builds or smth. But it would at least give a chance new people would flood in, and if base exp/drop was 150% and vip 225% theyd still buy that for quite long time til they have their accounts stackd, lots longer than now, where they dont play here at all. And you could remove some limitations for non VIP like not being able to use kafra warps limited, do you hate your customer base so much that you need to tease them with basic stuff that was free for years before you went f2p cashgrab mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users