Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#176 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Additional suggestion:

Offer players from classic a transfer (I’m aware ítems won’t work so they gotta make a sacrifice) to chaos renewal or do a jumping janeway along with the summer event for these people who are losing the classic server.

#177 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:29 PM

Leveling in Chaos is super easy. No point to come over if gears don’t come with it.

#178 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

Some people aren't really aware of all the things that make leveling easier in iRO Chaos/Thor Renewal in general. Though I say it's an incentive if they can at least get their chars to get started and not feel like they have to grind from 1-99. Isn't the exp table different in classic than in renewal? Also the monster exp and levels are different as well as the spawns in a few cases

#179 redred

redred

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

people who said levelling is easy are stupid, nowadays levelling is very hard, since you need waste your time for recruit and if you want solo is so boring since you cant chat with anyone. GM should try to log in game and try the experience how the game now, present and past experience you can't compare it. I dont understand why non vip cant take 2 quest from gramps TI, for VIP you guys only need make them can choose BASE or JOB and increase the EXP for them, so separate 2 quest for NON VIP is dumb decisions. And please if you not log in game daily, stop you opinions, you will make it worse.

for bot problem, you guys not trying at all, if you guys really trying you guys can just check ragial, and can see bot from their vending, for example player who sell 8k poison spore or stem, if you say they hunt it by themselves, no one will believe it, especially from their history, they keep vend same thing with crazy amount. From my understanding BOT is like 2 side of coins, player need them since they cant spend time to hunt by themselves. Maybe you guys can put as reward when finish Turn IN from gramps or Bounty Board, or Event. Or maybe you guys can put special map for us to hunt. To be honest decision in GM team, whether they want see BOT or NOT.

#180 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

That's the problem. Some people waste time trying to recruit a party lol

#181 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

Users should be free to provide their very own opinion in regarding leveling, but in a constructive manner.

Calling them stupid or discouraging further discussion is not. Please keep in that in mind. ;)

#182 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

I would like to see community events actually happen and be run by community managers instead of players. Are hats that hard to distribute? Because making a contest post is super easy.

#183 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:57 PM

They should explore more ideas for community events too - like maybe a community contest/instance that doesn't involve inflicting any damage at all (so non-combat can finally participate equally). Take those Hugel bingo games for example lol

#184 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:15 AM

What i think will improve RO is if players stop 'acting' like bots.  :wacko:

I am sick of bumping to someone be it in town or some random map, and they immediately disconnect / runaway from me like i'm bringing the plague!

One time i met someone and they just disconnected, so i waited right next to their spot and said "boo!" when they connected again. Guess what.. they logged out again lol. Another time someone ran away from me when i appeared, so naturally i autofollowed them and they were like panicking - random moves then logged out. Errr seriously?

I don't get it. Everyone's playing the same game, being at the same spots, farming the same stuff why be hmmm shy? about it

Basically would love to have a community who's less introvert. Maybe more patient and less self entitled to things. Because cmon this is a game, if your not having fun anymore ez take a break - eat a kit kat. It's not all up to the WP gods to keep making this server fun for us. We play a part in it too  :glomp:  :glomp:  :glomp:

#185 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:43 PM

What i think will improve RO is if players stop 'acting' like bots.  :wacko:

I am sick of bumping to someone be it in town or some random map, and they immediately disconnect / runaway from me like i'm bringing the plague!

One time i met someone and they just disconnected, so i waited right next to their spot and said "boo!" when they connected again. Guess what.. they logged out again lol. Another time someone ran away from me when i appeared, so naturally i autofollowed them and they were like panicking - random moves then logged out. Errr seriously?

I don't get it. Everyone's playing the same game, being at the same spots, farming the same stuff why be hmmm shy? about it

Basically would love to have a community who's less introvert. Maybe more patient and less self entitled to things. Because cmon this is a game, if your not having fun anymore ez take a break - eat a kit kat. It's not all up to the WP gods to keep making this server fun for us. We play a part in it too  :glomp:  :glomp:  :glomp:

Me and my social anxiety mostly prefer to be left alone. Well, alone with all the other issues I have.

#186 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

battlegrounds events, since you guys worked on the rewards why not have it be utilized to its full potential

#187 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

There are really good suggestions here that I myself thought of when I was still active. At this point, anything that brings players back and keeps them without going through the same things that made them leave in the first place (+ fairness and balance in mind) should be prioritized.

Right now, iRO is just a big chore.

#188 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:10 AM

On some of these suggestion, I read a quite a lot want to improve VIP perks by making its worth it money. I do think its fair and also overdue its upgrade.

I just want to add as a player that have spend a bit here and there before, now just casually playing as free player, that's it kinda worry me that theres suggestion want VIP to be given early access to new patch or update, or maybe pay-gated as well. As free player myself atm that would suck tbh. It could be the reason people want to upgrade to VIP or it could be the reason it drove people away. Perhaps if one week/2 week exclusive it would be fine. But paygated forever update (like illusion dungeon) just for VIP would be kinda no go in my opinion. One thing that come to mind about this is Malangdo Culvert, paygated dungeon. To see more of them popping would feel discouraging.

By all means, make the VIP more enticing, QOL feature that people want to buy to get faster leveling, maybe having more chance at getting good drop like increased drop rate, free 10 token of siegfried that's good idea from previous as could be improve but to have some advanced content paygated I have to disagree. 

Just my two cents. Tq for hearing.

#189 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

Let Classic players bring MvPs and Gods with them to Renewal. Then for Allahs sake, update WoE rewards. OPCs now it is something everyone wants. Now it’s a change to get free OCPs through WoE.

They surely would try out WoE and if WoE became interesting again, some whales might come back to WoE and support server again. Tbh, whales don’t even farm things in game. They just spend money to gear up quickly and log in to WoE only ... so something to think about it.

And if Classic players joined WoE, I’d be happy to come play with them but if you’re gonna let them come naked, I see that as a slap to the face because we feel so threatened, even we have OCPs lol

#190 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:09 PM

1. Instant PVP System

2. PK System

3. Ragial should bring back CHEAP LIST register a proper amount like adding "B" for billion range ex. 90B, 100B etc...

#191 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:46 PM

Increase chance mad bunny.. price so crazy lol

#192 isssues

isssues

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

Astra, Camp when are we going to hear back from you guys on this topic?

#193 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:34 PM

Me and my social anxiety mostly prefer to be left alone. Well, alone with all the other issues I have.

So it's not a server thing..

It's just uncanny how these "bots" appear to be everywhere

#194 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:24 AM

So it's not a server thing..

It's just uncanny how these "bots" appear to be everywhere

I love it when random people stop to talk to me while I am out and about in the game. I wish more people stopped me to ask random questions.

I think it could be fun if there was a way to automate dropping random mobs on groups of players that congregate in one place. Like anytime that you have more than 10 players in a 11x11 square that is not within a city's borders, the system would randomly drop 20 monsters on their heads every ten minutes or so just for laughs. The monsters don't have to be MVPs to be fun, just something that is challenging. You could make them at a level equal to or up to five levels higher than the lowest leveled player who is in the group, let's say.

That could encourage more people to hang out together outside of the cities. Plus I think it would be funny. But then, I have a weird sense of humor.

#195 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

another sugestion would be to make it easier to get non mvp instance cards. for example, there are some interesting cards in the magic tournament, but the only way to get them is via RNG, wich leaves them on the same rare level as Fenrir and a no way near power to it.

so my sugestion is to make npcs that trade the tokens from the instance into the desired card (excluding the MvP card, that one should remani rare drop only). somewhere like the ghost palace method.

#196 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Banking system, banking system, banking system. PLEEEEEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD: Banking system!

With inflation as high as it is now and failed attempts to remove zeny from the economy with zeny dump events, we are still faced with a zeny cap of just over 2 billion per character... Have you seen the prices of a lot of +9 to +15 gears? EASILY 1b-10b depending on the items and cards contained...

Do away with zeny per character and have an account-wide zeny balance accessible from all characters. Increase account zeny cap to 100b.

ALSO, this should go without saying, but increase vending price amounts to at least 10-20 billion zeny. I shouldn't have to use 12 characters and involve a GM to mediate a trade of high value with MVP cards or high level gears. I have stuff I'd like to sell but I don't want to post chats in Eden all day or forums and then have to coordinate a time/day to transact with any bidders. This would cut down on the obscene amount of chats in Eden.

Also in the same realm: Please finally implement either an offline vending system or a new auction house system like one seen in just about every MMO out there. Hell, even your mobile game has something akin to an auction house. I'm not going to call anyone out in particular cause we already know who I'm talking about but you've clearly allowed certain people to vend with bots. Sure, great for them, but sucks for all the rest of us. I shouldn't have to set up a shop just to have it disconnect an hour or two after I leave for work... My storage is constantly full because I don't have the time or the vending space to sell everything that I would like to.

Increase maximum character inventory and storage space. I have to carry at least 50 to 60 items her character just to go level up or do endless tower. I have to leave mostly everything on the ground or screw around with rodex because I reached my 100 item maximum in just a few minutes even though I'm nowhere close to my weight limit. With the amount of newly added cards and gears and consumables, I'm constantly struggling to have any space in my storage. 600 / is definitely not enough and neither is 1200. Storage should be increased based on how many items there are in the game. There should be at least one item slot in storage for one of every item in the game regardless. Fairly confident there's way more than 1,200 items in the game.

Please increase mob counts on the larger maps. there's not a Gramps TI quest for levels 151 to 175 and the spawn counts on higher level spots like NCT or verus are dismal in comparison to super mobby lower level areas like Juperos, Nogg Road 2, Hill Winds breeze/stem worm maps, etc.

Edited by shawnja, 24 May 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#197 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

Update Basic Skill so that you will need:

Basic Skill lvl 4 to be able to do 1:1 Private Chat
Basic Skill lvl 6 to be able to use RODEX, together with a new +100 zeny requirement for sending each mail

The main reason for this is those "sctb1fGarbledName56fas" zeny-selling bots that keep abusing these communication channels.

It won't solve the problem, but it can slow them down even a little bit and make it more tedious for them to make new alts, as well as increase the time it takes from when they make a new alt to when they can start messaging others again.

Edited by ninJedi, 24 May 2019 - 08:49 PM.

#198 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:59 PM

Change all ti maps  

expect maps for ti

Orc Village

Bifrost Tower 1f or 2f  

Scarabas  hall   2f  

Pyramid 3f or 4f   (4f would be good for mid-high ti) 

Or Any medium , large maps with all open area   good for both camping and running

Have  Bounty Boards  at Morroc , Rachel , Veins , Verus  etc.   at least people will have more leveling places with Bounty

Morroc bounty :   Songrat desert area for low levels ,  Pyramid , Sphinx , Nightmare Pyramid

Rachel bounty : Outside area (Hill Wind , Desert Wolf Kobalds  etc.) , Sanctuary ,  Ice dungeon

Veins bounty  :   Outside area , Nameless Island , Thor Volcano

Verus bounty :  All Verus areas  near Central Lab 

Lv. 150 - 175 Gramps ?  or any new good Lv. 150-175 leveling spots   

I'm really boring to solo NCT , waiting for many hours to get Bio4 party

Expect  Lv. 150-175  Undead / Demon only spots   at least AB can solo leveling   

(Currently best to leveling AB at Lv. 150+  is waiting for Bio4 party  since you get EXP penalty from Nameless Island mobs)

or at least 3-4x increase  mobs spawn in NCT , Verus  to be mobby like Nogg , Juperos , Gramps TI 

RK , Mech , SC improvement   AB rework patch   also  1st-3rd class rebalance skills , Lv 185 update..... !!!

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 24 May 2019 - 09:02 PM.

#199 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

Gramp level 150 - 175 ... Bio 4 monsters ... ???

#200 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:41 AM

Increase EXP and drops on selected maps and change the maps every week so people go and explore the world, instead of just leveling in a few maps.

Increase party share EXP too on these maps to encourage people to party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users