21 replies to this topic

#1 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:19 PM

I have a friend who plays in thai and she's worried about getting ID locked in case that whole things with the gravity takeover happens (a very general wording, apologies). Im assuming we'd get some kind of heads up about this long in advance like with the EU ban so people could shuffle whatever they needed to before ID lock? I think she's worried that she'll be forced to play on thaiRO after they go through that whole thing and all of her iRO stuff will get locked out.

Edited by Fuuton, 14 May 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

in Philippines we have pRO but not held by Gravity nor Warpportal and here i am playing iRO. afaik thaiRO is in the same management as pRO. btw mods and camp gives us pinoy a guarantee to play in iRO as long as we want :)

#3 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:57 PM

heads up about this long in advance like with the EU ban 

10/10, would laugh again.

#4 CKDD

CKDD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

maybe vpn will help (tw ban case)

#5 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

in Philippines we have pRO but not held by Gravity nor Warpportal and here i am playing iRO. afaik thaiRO is in the same management as pRO. btw mods and camp gives us pinoy a guarantee to play in iRO as long as we want :)

Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore region are provided by the same company, Electronics Extreme.
But the the licence agreement will terminate on next few months. (July for Thailand and June for the rest).
In addition. Gravity established their branch in Thailand names Gravity Game Tech which will provide the service in Thailand, maybe after the license ends.

#6 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:19 PM

Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore region are provided by the same company, Electronics Extreme.
But the the licence agreement will terminate on next few months. (July for Thailand and June for the rest).
In addition. Gravity established their branch in Thailand names Gravity Game Tech which will provide the service in Thailand, maybe after the license ends.

having hard time thinking about the license agreement. what will happen if the license agreement terminated?

#7 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:34 PM

having hard time thinking about the license agreement. what will happen if the license agreement terminated?

I really have no idea about the fate of PRO and MSRO.
Gravity did the fishy thing by decreasing the license end date of MSRO from November to June, the same month that PRO license ends.
Optimism, EXE may want to renew the license agreement of both region at the same time.

#8 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

Gravity did the fishy thing by decreasing the license end date of MSRO from November to June, the same month that PRO license ends.
Optimism, EXE may want to renew the license agreement of both region at the same time.

with that i can still play iRO, right? i dont want to play pRO cos of lots of things :)

#9 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:13 AM

I'll make sure to tell all my friends to never play any Gravity -_- games. Well ... is RoM considered a Gravity game though? lol

#10 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:04 AM

ye the ~50 day heads up was really nice of WP, very generous.

#11 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Nothing in the winds about account banning.

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

Yeah but the past history makes ppls worried. If the EU ban was just a mere coincidence, the TW ban that came after it was quite worrisome 'cause it happened out of nowhere. Its hard to regain trust once it is lost, I can understand the frustration and concerns from the current memberbase.

#13 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

It'll happen suddenly. If I can remember correctly, a staff worker had cut off the connections to EU even before Sir Campitor knows about it.

#14 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

AmericanRO :)

#15 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:27 AM

https://forum.gravin...lassic-Gravindo

they also terminate idRO server on June and will reopen them later under GRAVITY GAME LINK (https://ro.gnjoy.id/)

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:39 AM

they also terminate idRO server on June and will reopen them later under GRAVITY GAME LINK (https://ro.gnjoy.id/)

Why does every other branch of Gravity get GnJoy except for Gravity Interactive? Do they really hate their western branch that much?

#17 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:16 AM

Make me curious that Indonesia license should expire on August.

#18 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:57 AM

Why does every other branch of Gravity get GnJoy except for Gravity Interactive? Do they really hate their western branch that much?

Its hard to believe they dont considering for how many years they not only accept that their western server die but they do nothing about it. Imagine blizzard in NA would offer BfA in the states and leave people in EU or asia at cata for 5 years++, people would go absolutely mental.

Not only they update starve struggling (dying) servers, they actively participate in destroying these servers, see the EU ban. Not sure if WP told them what was gonna happen to restart, as its pretty possible they didnt know what consequences it would have, but anyone that still thinks they give a flying -_- about euRO/iRO is being naive.

#19 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:28 AM

Bumps this thread to update the fate of PRO and MSRO.

PRO and MSRO servers will be merged into one server name Valhalla on July 10th.

server-merge-info.jpg

https://roextreme.co...nouncement-mysg

#20 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

Bumps this thread to update the fate of PRO and MSRO.
PRO and MSRO servers will be merged into one server name Valhalla on July 10th.

server-merge-info.jpg

https://roextreme.co...nouncement-mysg

LOL. Well deserved

#21 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

wow lol

#22 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Those are both revo-classic "restart" style servers, right? 

The gimmick just wasn't strong enough. The Nostalgia only lasts so long. Dunno why they are so stingy with Zero, but then I guess that one took actual effort compared to the restart servers. 

What terrible businessmen our overlords are. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users