[Finished] A new player's questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Finished] A new player's questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationProntera Sanctuary
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:18 PM

Hi adventures!

Here are some questions I'd like to ask:

- If I have the 1st class passive skill "Enlarge weight limit" in a merchant character, will my other characters of the same account be able to benefit from its effect?

- How to use the skill "Warp portal" of an acolyte character to warp the "leveling character" while both characters are in one account? As guided on https://irowiki.org/.../Leveling_Spots:

Memo-able Maps

Acolytes are able to memo a map, and warp back to it with the Warp Portal skill. This lets a player to quickly go back to the leveling area. Non-Acolyte characters obviously will not be able to do this. However, many veteran players can have a second account with an Acolyte in it that can memo a particular map, and warp the character they are leveling to the map. Having a map memo-ed is great for when a (low Weight Limit) character has to restock supplies, or if choosing to use an inn for full HP / SP recovery. Some players may find themselves leveling quick enough that they are already out of the level range of the map before they need to restock however.

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 24 May 2019 - 04:27 AM.

#2 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

Thank you.

#3 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

Q1: If I have the 1st class passive skill "Enlarge weight limit" in a merchant character, will my other characters of the same account be able to benefit from its effect?
Q2:How to use the skill "Warp portal" of an acolyte character to warp the "leveling character" while both characters are in one account? As guided on https://irowiki.org/.../Leveling_Spots:

A1:No, you can't. The skill only has effect with corresponding character example you have merchant with enlarge lvl 10 and swordman. The weight upgrade only exist on your merchant. No further question.

A2:how warp portal works?
You can "only" access this skill from character who learn the skill (in this case your acolyte). Don't try to think cast this skill on other character on your own account. If you want to use this skill meanwhile playing our character on main id,create another id and acolyte character to cast it for you.

To sum up, you can only use skill which your character has spent point to learn it.

#4 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:02 PM

Thank you for your answer.

-----------------------------------

I happened to see this screenshot from https://forums.warpp...socialleveling/, I am confused by the character's name. Could anyone explain what this player's name means, please?

Screenshot_35.png

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 16 May 2019 - 11:03 PM.

#5 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:43 PM

the characters name is his InGame Name (Ma-_-e) its like yours at your own choosing while the name below with the logo is called Guild (Semper Fortis) where you can join and play with someone belong to that guild if you are accepted. next to his ign is the party name (weepartyET) and next to guild name is guild position (Illegal Recruiter) and thats it.

#6 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:33 PM

Hi everyone again! 

This time I'd like to know:

- Is zeny shared between characters of a account?

- How many systems are related to equipments? (such as: refinement, socket enchant, card implementing, shadow gears,...). For now I only know those in the bracket.

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 17 May 2019 - 11:38 PM.

#7 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:39 PM

no, each character holds their own zenny in an account. So with 12 characters in an account, you can hold up to 24B in one account (2B per character).

To transfer zeny across characters, you usually use a second account to pass it via trade or mail it through Rodex if the sum is small (convenient but comes with a hefty fee)

#8 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:47 PM

Thank you.

--------------

So if one's character is not a merchant, is there a way for them to sell items to other players in that non-merchant character? I mean, at least being to inform others what you are selling like merchant's selling bubbles.

#9 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

Hi everyone again! 

- How many systems are related to equipments? (such as: refinement, socket enchant, card implementing, shadow gears,...). For now I only know those in the bracket.

as blackrosscy stated zeny is character bound but can be transfer by or to other account. about refinement it varies from weapon lvl e.g. lvl3 weapon can safely refine at +5 while armor (armor, headgear, robe and boots) can safely refine to +4. to go beyond that you can use safe certificate. socket enchant is rarely the thing nowadays due to OCP items. card is divided into category e.g. weapon, armor,  robe, headgear and footgear and finally the shadow gears which you can obtain by killing the city bug that looks like a big bug wandering around the city, its harmless btw. and the white version of shadow gears can only obtain via events like the previous meow thingy event :)

#10 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4108 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

Hi everyone again! 

there are various enchantment that you can do on your gear and costume

https://irowiki.org/wiki/Enchantment

https://irowiki.org/...ostume_Enchants

#11 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

So if one's character is not a merchant, is there a way for them to sell items to other players in that non-merchant character? I mean, at least being to inform others what you are selling like merchant's selling bubbles.

Yes, there is, and it's usually referred to as "pubbing". You often find these in towns and in eden HQ.

You open a chat window via Alt + C and set your advertised item in the title following a format:
S>   =   Selling.   Example: [S> my dignity[4] 1 zeny]
B>   =   Buying.   Example: [B> Pictures of Spiderman 10k zeny]
T>   =   Trading.   Example: [T> my life for the horde]

However, the exchange will still need to be done via trade window (right click a player > Request a deal with "Player Name").

Edited by ninJedi, 18 May 2019 - 07:50 AM.

#12 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

Hi everyone!

I found booking and recruit features very useful, yet it seems it is almost not used by players? It's so hard to find a party. Did they use it often years ago? I hope to see more players use these.

#13 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:30 AM

party is in still use mostly for high levels perhaps bio4 party, instance and ET but preferably a guild party. for low levels there is TI (low 75-100, mid 101-125 and high 126-150) TI as in Turn In a daily quest provide by gramps inside eden and you can find them in Juno City. in contrast most people solo nowadays so its kinda hard to find party specially low levels.

#14 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:01 AM

I am back ^ ^

-----------------

Are the monster's Def and Mdef informed on irowiki data base soft Def Soft mdef or Hard def and hard mdef?

Screenshot-36-LI.jpg

#15 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:18 AM

There are soft defense and hard defense. The higher number usually hard defense which affect your damage based on the percentage. Soft defense affect damage you dealt after reduce by hard defense percentage.

#16 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:21 AM

There are soft defense and hard defense. The higher number usually hard defense which affect your damage based on the percentage. Soft defense affect damage you dealt after reduce by hard defense percentage.

I mean what kind of def and mdef monsters have.

#17 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:30 AM

the info showing in the db is hard def and hard mdef. soft def/mdef probably calculated with the monster vit and int but im not that sure.

#18 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:26 AM

Lol She means which part there is the Hard/Soft Def/MDef.

@ms.TyDayHeals
If I'm not mistaken, the Def table in the monster stats page should be interpreted like this:
Hard M/Def + Soft M/Def
(it's also similar to how Def and MDef are presented in your player stats window, Alt + A)

So if you look at the Zombie's stats, you can find it easily like this:
Def   20 + 17
MDef    3

Oh and about low-level player parties below lvl 71; Usually, players go straight to hunting instead of spending time organizing parties in town beforehand. From my experience, most of these low level parties form when you meet random players while out hunting.

Hope that answers your questions :no1:

Edit: accidentally switched hard/soft def placements earlier lol

Edit2: now I'm confused, apparently the first arrangement was correct

Edited by ninJedi, 20 May 2019 - 07:37 AM.

#19 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Good morning everyone!

---------------------------------

I obtained shadow shoes from a mysterious bug in Payon town but I can't equip it, is there a requirement?

#20 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

g'mornin!

Usually, monster drops need to be appraised first before they can be equipped.

Either have your merchant class character cast Item Appraisal skill with the item in their inventory, or use the Magnifier item which you can purchase from Tool Dealer NPC's.

Edited by ninJedi, 19 May 2019 - 09:30 PM.

#21 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:00 AM

Hi again everyone!

-------------------------

Why did I not obtain Soldier Sketeton Card when my friend, who was in a party with me, picked it up? I set item sharing as party share. Rare items are not shared? Or are there any kinds of items that can be shared?

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 20 May 2019 - 01:05 AM.

#22 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:09 AM

in party sharing option the "Party Share" means when a party member killed monster the loot can be pickup by anyone in the party. the "Item Sharing Type" Shared Option means random item pick up by a party member will be awarded to random party member by chance. usually this is set to "individual" to avoid getting junk when someone greed :)

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:32 AM

DEF/MDEF info on DB is Hard + Soft, for both types.

#24 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:44 AM

DEF/MDEF info on DB is Hard + Soft, for both types.

its nice to know this <3

#25 MistyDayHealing

MistyDayHealing

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

Hello! Thank you for answering.

-----------------------------------------

- What about rare drops? They are not shared right?

- What does the blue dot with the number "1" on the upper right of the card imply?

4545.png

Edited by MistyDayHealing, 20 May 2019 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users