Question about this "Costume Warg in Mouth" alternate name? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question about this "Costume Warg in Mouth" alternate name?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fuyatemp

Fuyatemp

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

So I have been trying to get my hand on this Costume Warg in Mouth that I'm a big fan of. 

I believe the costume is from the St. Patrick's day event costume box back in 2016 as you can see here >>> http://www.playragna...m089yJUT6vxNqKY

However in that patch update post they listed the item name as "Costume Lost Wolf Puppy" despite having the same image as the Costume Warg in Mouth on other servers, even on Ragial.

And while that's odd enough, there are 2 separated Costume Warg in Mouth items on Ragial as in the image below

HeKvbaj.jpg

So my question is that

1. Is the name of the costume really "Costume Warg in Mouth" or "Costume Lost Wolf Puppy" ? and why is it changed?

2. Was this costume really in that St. Patrick's day event costume box? Could I still get it from trading in the Eden merit badge and dupe items with Shelia Boxter?

3. Why is there 2 separated items of the same name coded into Ragial?

Really appreciate everyone answering. This has been boggling my mind for a while.

#2 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

I believe it was originally Lost Wolf Puppy, I got one myself from the costume box back then when it came out.

What I found though in the updates page is that it was much later added to the costume enchant NPC list under the name warg in mouth

• February Costume Box arrives
  • Spotlight Change (Heroes Trail Dungeons - Air Ship, Face Worm, Sarah, Geffen Magic Tournament, Gigantes, Devil's Tower)
  • Fixing an Issue where Repair Man in Mora is stacked on top of another NPC
  • Following Costumes are added to the enchant NPC
    • Costume Heroic Backpack
    • Costume Stole of Dominion
    • Costume MVP
    • Costume Orange Tabby Cat
    • Costume Short Haired Cat Ears
    • Costume Scratching Cat
    • Costume Black Cat Ears Beret
    • Costume Warg in Mouth
    • Costume Earth Goddess Flower
    • Costume Long Haired Cat Ears
    • Costume Spell Circuit
  • Ongoing: Still looking into obtaining effects for Lunar Festival Event Hat

Maybe it was modified to that name at that moment, retroactively. Perhaps Ragial keeps separate entries instead of unique item IDs.

But it does come from this box in particular http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/17506/ (I remember all the other crappy costumes I had to get rid of xD)

The reason is doesn't show up often on Ragial is likely it being sold for over 1bil (even way back then that's what I sold it for).

Or could get the boxes whenever there is a costume fire sale going on.

Edited by Ilindith, 20 May 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#3 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

Also, never used Sheila but just looked her up, it does seem like it would work the same way Grandma Boxter does now. Could get some of those cheap randoms (from the same box) and trade two for an unopened box.

Not the item directly though so, RNG.

#4 Fuyatemp

Fuyatemp

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

I believe it was originally Lost Wolf Puppy, I got one myself from the costume box back then when it came out.

What I found though in the updates page is that it was much later added to the costume enchant NPC list under the name warg in mouth

• February Costume Box arrives
  • Spotlight Change (Heroes Trail Dungeons - Air Ship, Face Worm, Sarah, Geffen Magic Tournament, Gigantes, Devil's Tower)
  • Fixing an Issue where Repair Man in Mora is stacked on top of another NPC
  • Following Costumes are added to the enchant NPC
    • Costume Heroic Backpack
    • Costume Stole of Dominion
    • Costume MVP
    • Costume Orange Tabby Cat
    • Costume Short Haired Cat Ears
    • Costume Scratching Cat
    • Costume Black Cat Ears Beret
    • Costume Warg in Mouth
    • Costume Earth Goddess Flower
    • Costume Long Haired Cat Ears
    • Costume Spell Circuit
  • Ongoing: Still looking into obtaining effects for Lunar Festival Event Hat

Maybe it was modified to that name at that moment, retroactively. Perhaps Ragial keeps separate entries instead of unique item IDs.

But it does come from this box in particular http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/17506/ (I remember all the other crappy costumes I had to get rid of xD)

The reason is doesn't show up often on Ragial is likely it being sold for over 1bil (even way back then that's what I sold it for).

Or could get the boxes whenever there is a costume fire sale going on.

Thank you so much for all this!! Really helps confirming about all the stuffs.

I've tried to find the other costumes from that box to trade in with the chance of getting the Warg in Mouth but no luck so far, just wanted to confirm if it's really there before I invest more time into it. I really appreciate this.

Also what's the meaning of this "whenever there is a costume fire sale going on" you mentioned? Is there a chance some of the older boxes will return as an event?

Edited by Fuyatemp, 20 May 2019 - 01:14 PM.

#5 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:18 PM

There's an NPC that gets added near Prontera's center once in a while called Fire Sale. When it goes up it's usually just up with every single OCP box.

However, sometimes, it is a costume Fire Sale instead and she has all the old costume boxes available for sale. Less common than the OCP one but it does happen.

#6 Fuyatemp

Fuyatemp

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

There's an NPC that gets added near Prontera's center once in a while called Fire Sale. When it goes up it's usually just up with every single OCP box.

However, sometimes, it is a costume Fire Sale instead and she has all the old costume boxes available for sale. Less common than the OCP one but it does happen.

I see and thank you! Wow it doesn't sound like the fire sale itself is that often either but I'll look up for that. Really appreciate this.

#7 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

It is usually mentionned in the weekly patch notes along with events and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users