May 23rd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 23rd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
170 replies to this topic

#51 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

They dont follow their own sched. And that says a lot to other things lol. For a game thats dying i should have not expect too much haha

#52 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

That's the whole point bro. BSB upgrading is everyday basis nothing special and getting to +10 u think its free? (just lost billionssss btw) Comparing to monster token however its free, safe, multiple tries for other char too to wear the same items. Think about it.

Nothing is free my friend. The token even where you trade your time for free safe certs is gone. No choice but to use bsb or safe to 10. Plus you should have waited til after maint for better rates.

#53 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:57 AM

Monster Token will arrive with the Illusion of Frozen Update. As we mentioned last week. The planned schedule did not survive the month due to late deliveries on well.. everything in May. You will be able to use/gather the tokens starting 5/30

#54 yoshie

yoshie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationBatCave

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

Double exp please

#55 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:25 AM

Monster Token will arrive with the Illusion of Frozen Update. As we mentioned last week. The planned schedule did not survive the month due to late deliveries on well.. everything in May. You will be able to use/gather the tokens starting 5/30

Can you update OP in the "coming events next week"? Since if you mention last week, its hard to find an official answer rumbling the entire forum in multiple pages from update threads

#56 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:27 AM

Can you update OP in the "coming events next week"? Since if you mention last week, its hard to find an official answer rumbling the entire forum in multiple pages from update threads

Done!

#57 Keith

Keith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

We got a list yet on what's being packed in to these items on Ascension II?

#58 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

Any news on the bounty board/merry badger update?

Im wanting to save my badges but Idk if I should spend them D:

And bounty board, I’m really looking forward to the changes! Early June?

#59 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

more exp and drop?  can ?? for patch ! and new box add ?may ?

#60 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:05 AM

15419.png
White Thread Mighty Armor [1]

Spoiler

32263.png
Shield Ring [1]

Spoiler

15420.png
Ice Prison Dress

Spoiler

Black Feather

Spoiler

Ring of Hero

Spoiler

#61 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

For ppl that dont visit the classic section, WP will attempt to migrate the CHARACTERS to chaos :v

#62 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

For ppl that dont visit the classic section, WP will attempt to migrate the CHARACTERS to chaos :v

Why not thor? :v

Im smelling something fishy, :v maybe they will merge everything into 1 server  :heh:

Edited by 3505170703074552307, 23 May 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#63 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

I saw that. There is some question whether it will work due to differences in data types that store information between the two database versions, so testing will be done by attempting to migrate them to Sakray first after Ill. of Frozen goes live in Renewal. Based on that test the DB team should know what is possible.

But it sounds like the items are a no-go, so if anyone comes over they will have high-level characters and no equipment to speak of. If the players decide to come here, I'm sure we as a community can help make them feel welcome and maybe donate some things to help them out.

So yay! Potential new friends! I will start thinking of good jokes to tell any of them that I meet, which I hope will break the ice. :thumb2:

#64 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:27 AM

I can imagine that trying to do it with characters only would be much easier than items too.(Items are flat out impossible due to conflicting IDs, and the fact that they are disponibilizing everything via NPCs for players).

Give them some nice chunk of (account bound) battle manuals, gums and etc for a smoother start and we golden.

But to be honest, the point of ppl playing on Classic was that they prefered it's mechanics over Renewal, so they actual population that will remain engaged in the game probably wont be very big.

#65 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Why not thor? :v

Im smelling something fishy, :v maybe they will merge everything into 1 server  :heh:

I don't think it's fishy. The actual note says:

"As the Classic server comes to an end we're looking into transferring character data to the standard Renewal servers."

Keyword: servers.

That implies that they could be looking at transferring to either. Since the database builds for Chaos and Thor are the same, if the test succeeds and they can transfer to Sakray, there should be no reason they couldn't move characters to one or the other*.

*Assuming, of course, that the character names aren't already in use on the server, in which case Thor might have an edge over Chaos for getting characers.

#66 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

repeating character names would just be given a free name change

#67 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:35 AM

Done!

Camps will you put some bot patrols on ragnarok?

Right before the maintenance, i saw another GX using the "pick up items with no delay" hack hiding in cloaking, I have a recording but was unable to take the name. in the monster tokens will be the same, Is there a in-real time mechanism to report this besides the 2-days-delayed ticket system?

#68 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:36 AM

I can imagine that trying to do it with characters only would be much easier than items too.(Items are flat out impossible due to conflicting IDs, and the fact that they are disponibilizing everything via NPCs for players).

Give them some nice chunk of (account bound) battle manuals, gums and etc for a smoother start and we golden.

But to be honest, the point of ppl playing on Classic was that they prefered it's mechanics over Renewal, so they actual population that will remain engaged in the game probably wont be very big.

That was my thought exactly. It may seem unfair to not move the items, but if they are letting them have access to everything for free (armors, cards, whatnot), then they could bring over a bunch of stuff that was acquired last minute.

If there is a chance for limited item addition once the characters are moved, along with a new starter pack like you mention (manuals, gums, etc.), they would also need SOMETHING for equipment. Even just the appropriate Eden gear for their level as a starting point. Otherwise they would essentially be running around trying to hunt for all new equipment while naked.

#69 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9321 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

Supposedly they will wipe items before moving chars over, anyone remember last time they said they were removing items when merging/moving servers? Lel, they've never been very thorough at it. But atleast classic people will have their chars somewhere, despite many of them probably not caring about it since it's still moved to renewal.

Although, what happens if someone has 27 chars on chaos and has chars on classic too? @-@

#70 shikyi

shikyi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:03 AM

Why just the Costume Valhalla Idol Fix? Why not the Ljosalfar too? That was a special reward for players who spent money, and received a half functional costume in return.

#71 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

Please don't report the bot activity here, specially with names and video. You are just giving them a heads up.

If anything, send them to my inbox.

#72 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Is there an update on ocp items?

#73 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:17 PM

why no list yet?what item in this new ocp?

#74 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

yo are you kidding me with that amount of items in a single box? thats a bit too ridiculous. why not just upgrade your whip from rubber to metal while you're at it?

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

tbh the last one i think that had way too few items.

but maybe cut like 5 from this? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users