[Resolved] Chang Sprite Angel Magic Powder - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Resolved] Chang Sprite Angel Magic Powder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 gabrielzin009

gabrielzin009

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

Im lost 1.7b buying angel magic powder,but i need blacksmith blessing.This sprite can change this but players scamming items using this.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:54 AM

are they selling advertising it as BSBs? coz if that isnt the case, it doesnt categorize as a scam.

Edited by Ashuckel, 24 May 2019 - 05:54 AM.

#3 gabrielzin009

gabrielzin009

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

No no the guy selling angel magic powder price blacksmith blessing....im buy but no view the name item...

#4 gabrielzin009

gabrielzin009

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:46 AM

he was selling blacksmith and the angelmagic powder went to the store to buy and was selling BsB when I arrived. I was just angel magic powder.

he was selling blacksmith and the angelmagic powder went to the store to buy and was selling BsB when I arrived. I was just angel magic powder.

asks if he spent the money for another account has as the gm follow ne ... because surely he did it ........

asks if he spent the money for another account has as the gm follow ne ... because surely he did it ........

#5 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 24 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

well, current bsb sprite in other servers is actually different from angel magic powder, but its probably lost since patches are always delivered in a messy way.

#6 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:05 AM

I know a vendor that blatantly mimic BSB vendor's shop name to scam people. Example if a vendor is selling BSB using title "Cheap BSB", the scammer will use this exact same name but sells Angel Magic Powder instead.

gabrielzin009 is also saying that someone (not sure if same person) is now selling BSB, but switches it to Angel Magic Powder to when you come back for more. Basically, it's next level scamming. Scammer puts BSB in shop. When players come back to his store to buy more, he has already replaced it with Angel Magic Power which looks exactly the same as BSB. Be vigilant folks.

I've already reported the said scammer multiple times, but nothing was done about it. There are a few other items with similar sprite. Not sure why they haven't clean up this mess yet. I guess legit players are paying the price due to Gravity's laziness of using recycled sprite.

Edited by VanishingPoint, 24 May 2019 - 07:16 AM.

#7 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

dang. 1.7B just like that. send a ticket and hope staff help you to get  it back.

#8 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

[Removed]

People are def doing it.

EDIT:

Took info off picture lol

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 May 2019 - 11:56 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:08 AM

you can put any item for any price. It's only a scam if the person advertises it as something else

(still a douche move)

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

I gave camp everything he needed to change the sprite for blacksmith blessing like twice before =\

#11 gabrielzin009

gabrielzin009

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

the worst and that a friend of mine lost 800m he ordered ticket and replied to him that he should pay attention and read the items sold .....

#12 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

[Removed]

This person been doing it for quite sometime, if you can see the different dates. He has been aggressive with this. I wonder how many other unreported cases have happened cuz of this guy.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 May 2019 - 11:58 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot.

#13 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Yeah they need to fix this, its not the first time ppls were scammed by malicious vendors trying to trick them into buying Angle Magic Powder disguised as Blacksmith Blessing. I wonder if it is possible for Renoulli to blacklist certain player IDs from ragial, for repeated offense of such scams.

#14 MikeWolf

MikeWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

Yeah agreed, noticed there are different players on there too. Rinse and repeating. 

Yeah they need to fix this, its not the first time ppls were scammed by malicious vendors trying to trick them into buying Angle Magic Powder disguised as Blacksmith Blessing. I wonder if it is possible for Renoulli to blacklist certain player IDs from ragial, for repeated offense of such scams.

#15 Keith

Keith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

Surprise Surprise.  Looks like a like of effort to fix a simple sprite on a HIGHLY consumable item is just furthering problems for everyone.  I hope these players who got scammed know how to properly submit a ticket, screen shot, and evidence.

Then I hope that they get someone who will actually do something.

That's rolling a lot of dice.  Otherwise I guess those people could just set up vends and try to resell the Powders back to people.  Not to threatening of an issue if people aren't being straight out right banned for this kind of behavior.

Adding these vendors to the "LIST"

#16 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:04 PM

Please do not post screenshots of vendors, it is rather too obvious to figure out names.

With that said, by just looking and comparing the prices and from a player PoV, I can say that what they are doing is not alright. It is that, if they are advertising it as Blacksmith Blessings then that should be enough for the GM staff to act, they may not however act on the prices alone.

If I am not mistaken, the blessing has its own sprite. Will check with the staff shortly.

#17 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Please do not post screenshots of vendors, it is rather too obvious to figure out names.

With that said, by just looking and comparing the prices and from a player PoV, I can say that what they are doing is not alright. It is that, if they are advertising it as Blacksmith Blessings then that should be enough for the GM staff to act, they may not however act on the prices alone.

If I am not mistaken, the blessing has its own sprite. Will check with the staff shortly.

It does, I gave it to Camp in PM before, he said he was going to look at doing it, guess he never did though ;(

Still have it if he lost it, but should still be in his PM's.

#18 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

The issue is being looked into, if anything, keep an eye on upcoming patch notes ;)

#19 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:43 PM

Don't forget to appropriately punish the accounts & players in question too :p_devil:

Otherwise their mentality won't be affected and they will just look for other ways to keep scamming. Pull the weed from the root or it'll keep growing back

Edited by ninJedi, 24 May 2019 - 03:46 PM.

#20 7460181126215735827

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Good idea if they can change the sprite of angel magic powder because sometime ppl who get hot head after failed refinement they do not observe about the name of items in the vendor shop

just drag it and that too late to know it is not BSB.  :heh:  :wah:

#21 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

One more time, for very obvious reasons, please do not post history of vendors on forums in a manner of call out. Instead submit a support ticket as the items are clearly being advertised as BSB, which is an ill-mannered behavior.

The sprite is scheduled for change next weekly maintenance.

Post has been removed.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:04 PM

Thanks Cinnamon, I am glad to see that the sprites will be changed to prevent future scams. On a side note, the same scammer is still there trying his luck before next maintenance, be ultra careful if you are desperate for BSB.

#23 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

Utilising the lag in ragial item update to advertise blacksmith blessing first then change quickly to different item but same sprite. Perhaps many have fallen to this trick thats why they keep they doing it.... the shop name didnt advertise it is as blacksmith blessing so it didnt fall into ro legal implications as ragial isnt under warpportal jurisdiction.... Scummy yet "legal"...

#24 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Lol if sprite took this long to change never mind about new content updates good job

#25 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

You're already dead rofl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users