Afk Levelers. Piff - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Afk Levelers. Piff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 terence1

terence1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationINDIA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:46 AM

Dear Community and Staff,

This game was already in a dying state, with the afk leveling it's become more like a zombie now. I was never pissed with bots running around in maps, nor was I pissed with the exuberant inflation on the server. I as a semi active player (30$ a month) used to just log in play for an hour or two and leave.. No Pvp No Woe just plain old fashioned daily quests and some level ups. Sundays were for some instances.  Now with that been said, I'll tell you why I decided to write and waste my time on this post. 

I'm doing the daily Verus quests since I don't have the time and stamina to wait for Bio parties, plus no one really like a rebellion class there. Now with the cleaning tunnels quests I enter the dungeon just to find around 10 afk levelers with their auto cast gears. Don't get me wrong I'm all in for that build I would love to do it on my 125 AB. But Guys that tunnel is so small that just 10 players playing actively would be hard to farm and you are there with 10 afk levelers with -_-ty meteor damage. Before the trolls and haters come in saying move to the upward map to complete your quest. I would like to ask a simple question is the highly mobbed dungeon just for AFK levelers? Don't normal players get a say in it? your auto cast takes almost a minute to kill a turbo robot whereas I actively take 5-6 sec. Now it looks like every map is orcdun02. Just the homunculus is replaced by afk players. No idea what is all the fun in just afk level up. 

@Staff: Guys for the love of your jobs get a solution for both parties.. that auto cast area is a lot of zone which I can't farm. Don't come with reasons saying that if they are replying they are not breaking rule, That my friend is a big gray area. Tomorrow I may learn a third party and let the character do the hunting and just chat from it. Then I will too say I responded so i'm legit.

#2 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:53 AM

my rule is if they have two or more monsters Killsteal them. i believe the unofficial ruling on kill stealing afker's is it's okay? There's like 10 other similar threads which have the answer. it's annoying but once I stopped giving a crap and KS them I rarely get annoyed by it. If they respond saying why you KS them I just say whoops and move on.  :D

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:05 AM

By the tunnel you mean ver_tunn? That map is so small to accommodate afk leveling, smh.

See official response in regarding KSing afk leveling:

Having consulted with the elder ones from the before 2010. The traditional ruling regarding kill stealing as as follows.

Please do not engage in ill mannered behavior against other users. Kill stealing from players is ill mannered behavior and can result in punishment. As the players in question are not actively engaging the monsters or leading them back to their party they have no claim to hold the monsters perpetually.

If someone is kill stealing from you please submit a ticket so that the GM team can assist you further. Do not engage in ill mannered behavior against a user you are accusing of kill stealing as that will only result in both users being in trouble. If the GMs are not properly investigating your ticket please PM Barracuda so he can review your case. Please note that the best reports include a short replay file of the kill stealing action.

That all being said. Don't use this as carte blanche to harass afk levelers. If they are fighting face tanking one or two monsters leave them alone. But if they have hordes of monsters than they cannot expect to lock down a large percentage of the maps spawn table for a significant period of time.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 May 2019 - 06:05 AM.

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

Now why would people even consider afk leveling with recon robots when underground bunker exists?
It's like they're doing it on purpose to prevent players from completing the Tunnel Cleaning daily quest.

: P

Edited by ninJedi, 27 May 2019 - 04:59 PM.

#5 Hikari

Hikari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

Now why would people even consider afk leveling with recon robots when underground bunker exists?
It's like they're doing it on purpose to prevent players from completing the Tunnel Cleaning daily quest.

: P

A lot of the good leveling spots in Bunker are already taken by them already. I was leveling pretty well normally in the Smelly Ghoul room but it's been occupied by AFK for weeks now.

Edited by Hikari, 27 May 2019 - 07:07 PM.

#6 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Hint: AFK levelers are not protected by KS rules, it is up to you what you want to do about this situation.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

they are, they just cannot report you if they are not there :)

#8 hilaw

hilaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:22 AM

Hey, I'm one of those AFK levelers, you see its hard for me to level my homunculus, so whenever I have time to play, I afk my Gene at Sunken ship while playing my main.

Did I violate any rule?

But I do noticed at Sunken ship is other character, they cast skill at mobs then tp immediately within 1-2 secs. That's wow.

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:08 AM

Did I violate any rule?

Hello,

No, you should be fine.

With that said, AFK leveling has poor reputation in general, and that it may cause inconvenience to others while exploring in-game.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 May 2019 - 05:09 AM.

#10 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

Well yah, the afk leveling thing is almost a crime against the spirirt of playing an mmorpg in the first place. Its not a terribly complex issue, but the overall botting thing has always irked me, and its been a problem in this game since the mid 2000s. 

#11 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

When iRO is trying to be RoM with afk levelling lol

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:02 PM

Actually the biggest issue with AFK leveling is that it glitches mob spawning in certain maps. To some extent it is Gravity's fault for not fixing this bug in the first place, but inevitably the blame falls onto AFK levelers, 'cause they are the ones who trigger this glitch.

#13 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Someone mentioned that jRO successfully fixed those disappearing monster bug

But we probably will never get it lol

#14 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:44 PM

Actually the biggest issue with AFK leveling is that it glitches mob spawning in certain maps. To some extent it is Gravity's fault for not fixing this bug in the first place, but inevitably the blame falls onto AFK levelers, 'cause they are the ones who trigger this glitch.

the biggest problem is they stay at the same spot, occupying that spot for 24/7 hrs like their own, no spot left for normal player.

i actually think bot are way more bearable than them since they keep changing spot like actual player.

#15 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

Someone mentioned that jRO successfully fixed those disappearing monster bug

But we probably will never get it lol

ask camp about it. tell him its a super special jRO bug fixes from Ragcan xD

Edited by deforte, 28 May 2019 - 10:46 PM.

#16 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:12 PM

OT:
Wow. 30$ a month huh. Where do you live if you don't mind? 

#17 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:14 AM

KY5chi5.jpg

(on work laptop at a conference so poop quality)

#18 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:01 AM

As me I KS if they're holding more than 4 monsters  ,  if less  I'll leave them alone....

especially high level areas  or even some week ti 

last week   Ancient Tree in high TI    really pissed me of 

AFK levelers holding a lot of  400k+ HP monsters in the middle of map   

even decent gear player solo  spend a lot of time to kill them  or should go with strong party for faster TTK  

and their auto cast dps  is like 1-2k ish per Meteor storm  / Fire bolt   sometimes  Frost Nova which freeze mobs and not active auto cast proc from reflect....

TTK is like I'm almost finish high ti run   

My rule on KSing AFK levelers is like

I'll stop KSing AFK levelers if  They're  PM me to stop KSing , warn me like they'll record and report me if I KS them again  <sometimes I got PM from them when I KS so many times

or  open Chat Room  <  Few days ago in NCT  I saw couple of RGs  do that after get KS anytime by me and other players in NCT  lol   

I'll remembered the , name / class  and their location  so I don't  KS him / her again    they not allowed players to KS

if this AFK leveler don't reply after get KS all the time  =  24/7  free KS  for me   but I'm mostly KS if I'm rush on BB , TI count with BMX3    I'm lazy to wing for finding another mobs  when I'm on BMX3 

Edited by NekoCaptainNoob, 30 May 2019 - 09:50 AM.

#19 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

People still hate autocast with a passion but they don't realize it's a valid build that requires research and digging though outdated data just to find the right set. I'm one of the person leveling in the spot you mention and the quest requires 10-20 kills that you can just ks that would take like 5 minutes instead of posting on forums. It's not the player fault that the game has cards and gear that activates autocast effects. I was afk leveling in mid and high TI but opted to do the long verus quest to afk there so i don't have to deal with people hating. I was once one of those players who hated autocast as well because i didn't know how to do it myself or cared. It's only something you do when you're maxed and i always have friendly party names like KS/Loot&ResPlease but i still see asshats trying to mob and kill me on replay.

13wtay.jpg

#20 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

I can’t say any better! It’s active players fault for playing the game manually instead of afk leveling. When will players learn this! God dammit.

Go afk leveling build or gtfo is a clear message.

#21 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

I know how it is people hate auto cast with a passion i was once one of those people. The only reason i did that LONG verus quest and move out of mid/high ti is because i understand people dont like to see it.  The only guides written are so outdated you have to nit pick the information and think of a build yourself. If you think it's so easy go buy a Lunar Rainbow and park in mid ti see how that works out. I just started autocasting last month and the build deserves our respect it's not that EASY!

#22 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

I know how it is people hate auto cast with a passion i was once one of those people. The only reason i did that LONG verus quest and move out of mid/high ti is because i understand people dont like to see it.  The only guides written are so outdated you have to nit pick the information and think of a build yourself. If you think it's so easy go buy a Lunar Rainbow and park in mid ti see how that works out. I just started autocasting last month and the build deserves our respect it's not that EASY!

dont afk, manually level like everybody else is an option too. autocast is great, you can kill as fast as other class now

#23 Trii

Trii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:44 AM

dont afk, manually level like everybody else is an option too. autocast is great, you can kill as fast as other class now

I have level normally for most of my iRO time that does not mean i have to cater to your standards of how the game is played. This is my first autocast character and i won't respond any further to this issue i'm not here to change anyones mind.

#24 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#25 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:01 PM

lol afk levelers bringing the game down and unashamed of it *claps slowly * >,;,<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users