Classic Char/Item Transfers - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Classic Char/Item Transfers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

So someone pointed this out to me on Discord earlier...

https://forums.warpp...tenance-thread/

I'll be quick so I can go back to wherever it is I come from :U

1. people played classic because they didn't like renewal
  2. it takes 30minutes to make a classic equivalent character in renewal
  3. it can't be to save their character names as renewal should get first dibs on that

The only reason I see people wanting this is to bring over big ticket items to rmt.

-Peace

#2 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

No rmt will be made coz general items will not be transfered, just chars lol

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:28 PM

You'd hope they won't f... up this time, but you can never be that sure with their track record :T

#4 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

So far "no items will come over" hasn't been the case when they actually do it. Then they never bother fixing it either, just like most of everything else. =\

#5 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

We'll only consider items submitted by request to the GM team

Easily the worst mistake they could make by not giving a concrete list of acceptable items (like contest prizes).

That just opens up the doors for GMs to mishandle the transfer, which has happened before.

#6 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

With all the possible issues of items being brought over on the characters, i think it might be better if classic players can send an email for a "Renewal" welcoming package that is claimed on their accounts.

Since lv99 only takes 30min-1hour with efficient BMX usage, the package can just come with 200 eden badges or something and some other consumables that's great for leveling.

#7 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

Or just give them a starting kit and put in janeway for a bit, ez 99/70 and starting stuff.

#8 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

should re-read it, they are given the chance to have different character names. also, classic not liking renewal is subjective, they can choose to keep their characters at least this way. 30 minutes is not sufficient enough to make one character 99/70 trans without janeway or the einbroch medals.

not a fan of trying to transfer character data though, im more up for having the team just create pre-made character classes for the bunch. testing will be done before production via sakray so i guess i can see first how that goes

#9 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

around 1hr is definitely enough even without janeway. i personally do 30min+ myself previously (but of course i have better gears for speed TI from 70-99).

You just need to plan a fast way to get from 1-56 (56-71 is basically 2-3min of eden exchange exp), and also 71-99. As long as the TI monster is easy and good exp, you will get 99 within 30min.

i basically get from 1-56 in less than 15min and finish TI(and reset stone TI) in another 15min. Only 1 BMX to 99 on first rebirth at least.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 31 May 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#10 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

im pretty sure that's doable, but not 30 minutes below. considering you have to max level a trans character. personally do fencer scrolls on sunken > orcs > maneater blossoms > harpies > TI

i sometimes make it an hour less (for a non trans character), if im not lazing around or doing it while eating

Edited by DarkOrinus, 31 May 2019 - 07:26 PM.

#11 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if they were allowed to bring over everything.

#12 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:03 PM

It seems that they are only allowing items of sentimental value to transfer over, such as headgears won from past events. Items will not be transferred over automatically due to differences in data architecture, but then it is hard to tell right now till we get closer to implementation date.

With that said, from a player point of view, I'd personally would have liked to see all items transferred over except Zeny (item limit may apply), and/or starting kits. Whichever they choose to do with this transfer/merge should not put own game play at risk, there have been darker times.

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:11 PM

Although if they were going to transfer over all items maybe they shouldnt have 10x drops right now. Just sayin

#14 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:27 PM

Data snapshot was taken prior said events, what happens after will not be carried over.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

o neat. Yeah even if they didnt it still wouldn't be the end of the world with all the nonsense that's gone on in renewal. For having your server deleted keeping everything seems pretty reasonable. idk how badly WoE has been farmed on the dead server but gods are barely even relevant anyway so ultimately I don't see how it could make things worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users