RO Client Repatching From Scratch - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RO Client Repatching From Scratch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 June 2019 - 06:19 PM

Howdy, so i tried to play RO but the client started patching a bitch update. it looks like it's starting from 2013. midway i get this error. I've tried running as Admin but still got that error. Do i need to re install RO? 

dex32Ay.png

Edited by hammie, 08 June 2019 - 06:19 PM.

#2 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:55 PM

Yep. You done borked the entire thing which is why it keeps erroring. Always, always close the patcher when it starts to download old patches and grab the patch.inf from choobs or ask on the forums first for the correct patch.inf. Or literally just copy the patch.inf from your game folder somewhere else as a backup just in case such an issue crops up.

Regularly replace it post maintenance when the client successfully repacks the patches. This saves you time from having to re-install from scratch. All you do when such an issue arises is copy the backup and replace the one in the game folder with it. This will hammer the patcher into shape telling it not to download patches again because it already did that. iRO's patcher suffers from memory loss from time to time for some people. Forcing a re-patch is the quickest way to fix it.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:01 AM

Please see solution #3 here.

#4 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

Thanks! I reinstalled it. I'll do this next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users