Guilds and WOE - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Guilds and WOE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

I"ve been playing the game for some years now and i've never had any interest in Woe or Guilds,the first time i joined a guild it was a few years ago, the lead put me to donate half my exp so i left and haven't joined one ever since.

The question is, am i losing anything for not joining a guild? I saw how the Woe works on youtube and was not interested, is there any reward for be part of the winning team or is it just for fun? I heard someone saying that you can earn money there somehow..

Also, does the guild gives any bonus for being part of it? And is there a way to prevent the guild master to set your donation exp for 80% without you even realizing it?

#2 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

As for guilds in general I recommend using a tool like Discord to find other players that you can talk to and make parties as these days joining a guild on a character is almost more a cosmetic choice rather than a real community building tool. So I'd say you're not missing anything if you still try to be part of the community in other ways. Only other possible benefit from being in a guild is the somewhat recently added Guild Storage system, but that can have it's own problems where there is no protection if the 'wrong' person takes/steals anything left in there.

As for WoE, besides access to some sort of OK leveling areas there is not much benefit to it unless you're the leader of the guild which owns a castle at the end of WoE. Since there isn't much reward to make everyone else want to help the guild leader usually provides supplies of some kind at the start of every WoE and any sp/hp healing items or class specific consumables left over when the two hours are done would then be yours to keep. That's not to say it isn't a fun experience at times but if you think you're doing anything other than killing time while possibly enriching others then you don't know what's going on... Also I should mention some strong items are exclusively available from WoE ('God' items) so for guild leaders it can be worth their time to spend the years organizing and fighting to keep castles to own those but as time goes on cash shop items chip away at the advantage those items give.

As for the surprise tax that is tied to your Title in the guild so either pick a better guild leader or be mindful of your title which isn't much of protection offered by Gravity sadly.

Anyway hope that helps clear it up some.

#3 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

As for guilds in general I recommend using a tool like Discord to find other players that you can talk to and make parties as these days joining a guild on a character is almost more a cosmetic choice rather than a real community building tool. So I'd say you're not missing anything if you still try to be part of the community in other ways. Only other possible benefit from being in a guild is the somewhat recently added Guild Storage system, but that can have it's own problems where there is no protection if the 'wrong' person takes/steals anything left in there.

As for WoE, besides access to some sort of OK leveling areas there is not much benefit to it unless you're the leader of the guild which owns a castle at the end of WoE. Since there isn't much reward to make everyone else want to help the guild leader usually provides supplies of some kind at the start of every WoE and any sp/hp healing items or class specific consumables left over when the two hours are done would then be yours to keep. That's not to say it isn't a fun experience at times but if you think you're doing anything other than killing time while possibly enriching others then you don't know what's going on... Also I should mention some strong items are exclusively available from WoE ('God' items) so for guild leaders it can be worth their time to spend the years organizing and fighting to keep castles to own those but as time goes on cash shop items chip away at the advantage those items give.

As for the surprise tax that is tied to your Title in the guild so either pick a better guild leader or be mindful of your title which isn't much of protection offered by Gravity sadly.

Anyway hope that helps clear it up some.

Yeah i think i'll stay away from those. Thanks

#4 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

If you're a solo-er or not someone who does WoE, you might still find a use for joining a guild on some of your characters. So I'll stress on the not-so-social aspects of guilds for now.

Most people usually join guilds mainly for the 50% Exp Tax (50% is the highest).
Exp tax only takes from your Base Exp and not from Job Exp.
What this means is that some characters can grind for job levels while easily holding back their base level (ex. A base lvl 100 Character with job lvl 22).
While not necessary, this method helps classes with builds that have leveling skills that need higher job levels to unlock.

Thanks to a recent update, guild storage is a notable benefit of joining/creating a guild too. But bear in mind that this is a shared storage and every player that is granted access can take whatever's in there. I recommend using guild storage for simple disposable stuff like supplies (ygg leaves, potions, and such).

As for the 'salary' or money-earning thing, those are mainly present in WoE guilds where the guild leader helps their members get their own supplies for woe fights.

Most of the guild functions like tax, title, and storage access are only changeable by the Guild Master. But these can be viewed and checked by normal guild members in the guild window.
If, however, you want to have one these options changed, politely asking the guild master to change it shouldn't be a big deal.

While guilds are mainly considered a social thing, it is entirely possible to make a personal guild that you can fill with your own alternate characters and still enjoy the full benefit of adding/removing tax and access to a storage that can be accessed on multiple accounts.

Personally, I'm active in 2 guilds:
1st = social guild with most of my in-game friends.
2nd = personal guild with private storage (which is also alternatively used as tax-only guild for my friends and I)(also for cool guild titles lol)

Edited by ninJedi, 11 June 2019 - 08:13 AM.

#5 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

If you're a solo-er or not someone who does WoE, you might still find a use for joining a guild on some of your characters. So I'll stress on the not-so-social aspects of guilds for now.

Most people usually join guilds mainly for the 50% Exp Tax (50% is the highest).
Exp tax only takes from your Base Exp and not from Job Exp.
What this means is that some characters can grind for job levels while easily holding back their base level (ex. A base lvl 100 Character with job lvl 22).
While not necessary, this method helps classes with builds that have leveling skills that need higher job levels to unlock.

Thanks to a recent update, guild storage is a notable benefit of joining/creating a guild too. But bear in mind that this is a shared storage and every player that is granted access can take whatever's in there. I recommend using guild storage for simple disposable stuff like supplies (ygg leaves, potions, and such).

As for the 'salary' or money-earning thing, those are mainly present in WoE guilds where the guild leader helps their members get their own supplies for woe fights.

Most of the guild functions like tax, title, and storage access are only changeable by the Guild Master. But these can be viewed and checked by normal guild members in the guild window.
If, however, you want to have one these options changed, politely asking the guild master to change it shouldn't be a big deal.

While guilds are mainly considered a social thing, it is entirely possible to make a personal guild that you can fill with your own alternate characters and still enjoy the full benefit of adding/removing tax and access to a storage that can be accessed on multiple accounts.

Personally, I'm active in 2 guilds:
1st = social guild with most of my in-game friends.
2nd = personal guild with private storage (which is also alternatively used as tax-only guild for my friends and I)(also for cool guild titles lol)

Thanks man, i didn't know that it was base only exp.. I just messed up good with my sura skills and i think i'll have to delet him so i won't have pay 400m on a neuralizer, (He was 107/27 :/) now i will keep him on low TI until he get some good skills to go hold his own on mid TI. I think i'll create my own guild and throw all my characters in there.

#6 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:53 PM

sorry how to akses storage guild?

#7 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Thanks man, i didn't know that it was base only exp.. I just messed up good with my sura skills and i think i'll have to delet him so i won't have pay 400m on a neuralizer, (He was 107/27 :/) now i will keep him on low TI until he get some good skills to go hold his own on mid TI. I think i'll create my own guild and throw all my characters in there.

Have you tried the Mesmerist Reset NPC in Eden HQ already? She gives a one-time full reset for every character. :no1:

Also, explaining the purpose of tax should've been your guild master's job before he gave it to you lol
But I guess they assumed that you already knew about it.

sorry, how to access guild storage?

> First check if your character has authority to access the guild storage in your guild window:

3sOIQS0.png

> After that, just approach any Storage Keeper NPC in towns or other areas, he's usually found in places where there are Kafra Gals.

1ktirTX.png

Edited by ninJedi, 11 June 2019 - 09:36 PM.

#8 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

Have you tried the Mesmerist Reset NPC in Eden HQ already? She gives a one-time full reset for every character. :no1:

Also, explaining the purpose of tax should've been your guild master's job before he gave it to you lol
But I guess they assumed that you already knew about it.

> First check if your character has authority to access the guild storage in your guild window:

3sOIQS0.png

> After that, just approach any Storage Keeper NPC in towns or other areas, he's usually found in places where there are Kafra Gals.

1ktirTX.png

Yeah, i used the npc at eden to reset the sura to Lion Howl build, i couldn't reset it again to revert it. 

But it's fine, the new one is already a lv 60 champion. Good thing i have lots of bm3 to spare.

#9 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:19 PM

Next week the following will come to the server.

• Anniversary Event
  • Yggdrasil Ascension III
  • Full new group of High TI Monsters
  • Free full stat / skill reset
Due to the outage there will be a compensation event being planned during meetings today with more details to follow once we have the meeting.

You could've just waited a bit more for this though lol. Happy hunting I guess  :no1: 

#10 Dadiris

Dadiris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

You could've just waited a bit more for this though lol. Happy hunting I guess  :no1:

Yeah.. That's just my luck.. 

Can you send me the link of what website i could follow to be see what events are coming in?

#11 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 05:37 AM

Can't really help ya with that, since the forums itself is already the primary source of behind-the-scenes or announcements/discussion for upcoming information. And all other outlets like playragnarok.com or their social media pages don't cover as much as the posts here do.

It's worth checking Renewal Patch Notes every now and then though, particularly every wednesday eve or early thursday morning when patches for maint on the following day will sometimes be posted ahead.

#12 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:21 AM

Guilds go beyond WoE. Specially in Thor it is difficult to go on bio4 party without one. Also when you get close enough with your guild they would lend you a helping hand in many ways. Without my guild I wouldn't have maxed several chars nor would I have my bio5 head gear.

But a guild is like a group of friends. If you already have such a group outside the guild such as an active friend list or a permanent party then I think you are not missing that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users