June 20th 2019 Renewal Maintenance Notes - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 20th 2019 Renewal Maintenance Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#76 SFever

SFever

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

2 new item out of 18 item in box ... can you stop recycling old stuff over and over again ?

#77 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Bolded relevant text. A nerf should never happen since you stated the policy was to implement jRO items as-is.

Implement it or don't implement it, either is fine. But don't implement a modified version please.

pretty sure he meant a nerf to the skill overall as depending what they add, it will decrease the spamability, even though the item remains unchanged.

First they gotta set on how much cooldown they wanna add to single target vs aoe skills, then do the proper adjustments in such way that using the skill+the item matches that.

#78 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

I don't see anything wrong with adjusting loot box items to be a bit more balanced, players in iRo are already insanely strong and doing amounts of damage that wouldn't normally be possible and playing builds that wouldn't be viable without these items. If they feel the need to nerf some upcoming items down the road that's perfectly fine, nobody really needs to be buffed any more at this point and wanting any more buff is just being greedy.

#79 3635131118123118023

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

Were holding off on the Shield Ring because it affects the skill cooldown in such a drastic way. As discussed in several of our FAQ threads were looking at changing all skill cooldown and don't want to knowingly release an item then immediately nerf it. It wouldn't be right or fair on multiple levels to do that. The Shield Ring will come on in the July box as we will have finished the review by then.

So shield ring will be nerfed? And why Red Baby Hat again?

#80 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

Or maybe PDM please...

#81 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

damn, way to destroy my gc/dr card collection.  RIP price -_-

#82 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

pretty sure he meant a nerf to the skill overall as depending what they add, it will decrease the spamability, even though the item remains unchanged.

First they gotta set on how much cooldown they wanna add to single target vs aoe skills, then do the proper adjustments in such way that using the skill+the item matches that.

If they are changing game mechanics just so they can sell one OCP item, that's a problem too imo. Why not just...not implement it.

Nerf skill then sell item to make skill worth using is not my favorite thing.

#83 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

@Campitor

why don't you just ban the damn ring in WoE?
you said last month, Shield Ring "will be in next month's box"
now you're saying the same thing.

about releasing gears from jRO, aren't you releasing them as is?
either you never release Shield Ring anymore or release it in its absolute state.
the fact that you are considering modifying it already contradicts your so called policy on OCP gears.

The runstone FIX promise last december was my first major rage. And now again!
This is the last straw!

1zyao80.png

Edited by awesomegeek, 20 June 2019 - 03:01 PM.

#84 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:01 PM

they also said the same thing of nerfing sorcerer varetyr spear, diamond dust and earth grave full cooldown time reduction from king of spirit circlet and 2 pcs spirit king's ring, but in the end they didn't dare to do it.

I believe we will get the ring and earthdrive skill untouched and unmodified in july :U

#85 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

@Campitor

why don't you just ban the damn ring in WoE?
you said last month, Shield Ring "will be in next month's box"
now you're saying the same thing.

about releasing gears from jRO, aren't you releasing them as is?
either you never release Shield Ring anymore or release it in its absolute state.
the fact that you are considering modifying it already contradicts your so called policy on OCP gears.

The runstone FIX promise last december was my first major rage. And now again!
This is the last straw!

1zyao80.png

The item will be coming in as close to jRO as we can. But were looking at changing all skills to have the most minimum amount of cool down at all times no matter what(were looking at .1 second about). Our goal is to match jRO as much as we can but we won't implement an item until were sure about it and where were going with it. We will make sure that the shield ring is available to you next month as we just weren't ready this month even with doing the box later than planned.

#86 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Good if it affect all skills without any discrimination to specific class or skill.

things like full spammable db / wdb rks, geneticist cart cannon, warlock soul expansion, rg vanishing point, throwing kage/obo and magic kage/obo, rebel & slinger firedance and desperado, swordman full spam bash, gx rolling cutter and cross impact, etc will only be history too :heh:

#87 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

Please don't put a cooldown on Vanishing Point. The skill is ASPD based not after-cast-delay based. :facepalm:

#88 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

we are on the same boat here disk, channel your rage at campitor and wp staff for making such statement above :U

#89 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

Beloved Campitor,please tell us when server return to be online.

(always have patch issues for patch a little before the server is open in real,and need 50% times manual patch them).

#90 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

The item will be coming in as close to jRO as we can. But were looking at changing all skills to have the most minimum amount of cool down at all times no matter what(were looking at .1 second about). Our goal is to match jRO as much as we can but we won't implement an item until were sure about it and where were going with it. We will make sure that the shield ring is available to you next month as we just weren't ready this month even with doing the box later than planned.

Even at 193 ASPD, a character need to wait for at least about 0.14 second for next skill cast.

So, 0.1 second cool down is same as no cool time, isn't it?

#91 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Please don't put a cooldown on Vanishing Point. The skill is ASPD based not after-cast-delay based. :facepalm:

This sort of difference is exactly why were taking the time to review each skill my above post was a general statement and not a "this is exactly what were doing to every skill."

#92 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:35 PM

@camp put smelly ghoul & smelly zombie in high TI. dont wreck card price please~

#93 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:41 PM

I will bet my life Shield Ring won't be in July's box.

Completely lost trust in Campitor.

It's a good time to quit iRO anyway.

Good riddance.

#94 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

No unfrozen shadow gears from Ferus Faire?

#95 lordpunk85

lordpunk85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

open the server pls, I wanna play 

#96 oCENEo

oCENEo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:46 PM

No Malicious and spellflow shadow gears in this event when these items are needed the most .. meh ~

#97 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

open the server pls, I wanna play 

Same,but i like to wait more 4h and play 7 days with no bugs.

#98 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

If they are changing game mechanics just so they can sell one OCP item, that's a problem too imo. Why not just...not implement it.

Nerf skill then sell item to make skill worth using is not my favorite thing.

the skill already is not spammable.

I'm talking about the 0.1~0.2s cooldown that they intent on implementing on pretty much every skill, because NDL is a thing.

Without the item, if the skill has 3s or 3.15s cooldown, that barely changes anything, and with the item, it's still spammable at basically aspd, it's just a measure against cheaters. 

The thing about releasing the item then changing the skill is that it gives the impression that the skill gets nerfed after being "buffed". Even though in practical terms it wont change a thing, some ppl like to cry about any little thing that literally does not affect how they play.

#99 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

Were holding off on the Shield Ring because it affects the skill cooldown in such a drastic way. As discussed in several of our FAQ threads were looking at changing all skill cooldown and don't want to knowingly release an item then immediately nerf it. It wouldn't be right or fair on multiple levels to do that. The Shield Ring will come on in the July box as we will have finished the review by then.

i got perfect song for this

6 weeks waiting, and this is what you come up when i ask you the real reason last month?
And what if everything that they send next is also reducing cooldown of skills? are you going to hold off everything and releasing "remix" box?
while you are at it, maybe disable every ocp thats been released that reduce cooldown of skill to 0?

Edited by Campitor, 20 June 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#100 lordpunk85

lordpunk85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Same,but i like to wait more 4h and play 7 days with no bugs.

True, and no rollbacks too lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users