June 20th 2019 Renewal Maintenance Notes - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 20th 2019 Renewal Maintenance Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#101 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

the skill already is not spammable.

I'm talking about the 0.1~0.2s cooldown that they intent on implementing on pretty much every skill, because NDL is a thing.

Without the item, if the skill has 3s or 3.15s cooldown, that barely changes anything, and with the item, it's still spammable at basically aspd, it's just a measure against cheaters. 

The thing about releasing the item then changing the skill is that it gives the impression that the skill gets nerfed after being "buffed". Even though in practical terms it wont change a thing, some ppl like to cry about any little thing that literally does not affect how they play.

Relevant text bolded. I was not aware of this intention, that actually sounds like a good change.

Campitor was the one who implied in the post I quoted earlier that the ring was held because they didn't want to nerf it after the fact, which implies that instead they're going to nerf it before the fact. And he did use the word "nerf".

#102 IJNRakki

IJNRakki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

• High: DR185 / GC109

Isn't it DR815

#103 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:04 PM

i got perfect song for this

6 weeks waiting, and this is what you come up when i ask you the real reason last month?
And what if everything that they send next is also reducing cooldown of skills? are you going to hold off everything and releasing "remix" box?
while you are at it, maybe disable every ocp thats been released that reduce cooldown of skill to 0?

I removed the youtube link due to the profanity(sorry its just not allowed but I got the message).

I completely understand the frustration. Last month we did have concerns about matching effects. But now were reasonably sure they are the intended effects. Now we just have this next concern to clear that we will be putting it in.

To answer your questions.

Yes if nothing this able to be released we will look at alternatives.
If its already released we don't plan to disable it. But if we do need to nerf it we will announce with the three month lead like we have for other ocp nerfs that ended up happening.

#104 Risoukyou01

Risoukyou01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:05 PM

Just saying, jRO released a Ranger's oriented boots that reduce cooldown of skills by 40%...Will be funny to see No Limits with a 1:12 secs cooldown (12 secs without no limits)

#105 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:06 PM

isntance mobs, cool

Just saying, jRO released a Ranger's oriented boots that reduce cooldown of skills by 40%...Will be funny to see No Limits with a 1:12 secs cooldown (12 secs without no limits)

Delay*

#106 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:06 PM

Isn't it DR815

giphy.gifYeah,it is!

Edited by PokeDemon, 20 June 2019 - 04:11 PM.

#107 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Say, why do we get so many of these gears brought in with such drastic consequential effects that lead to balances? Why do we not avoid these things to prevent getting into these scenarios? Legit question, I have nothing against gears but reading the conversation the thought of asking this just hit me.

What is the protocol to selecting jRO gears to release in OCPs? I know this is a patch thread but I can’t help but ask at this point.

#108 vansan123

vansan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

Well ocp! RBDH ? Diabolus wing ? no rare old item ? Seraphim imprefeather ? in the topic ocp request many post request to reitem seraphim coronet and old ocp becuase now it so expensive don't like tempo ring  you make me disappointed

#109 pp322

pp322

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Server:quit

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:11 PM

Mavka in low ti without card

#110 PokeDemon

PokeDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

giphy.gif@IJNRakki

#111 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Say, why do we get so many of these gears brought in with such drastic consequential effects that lead to balances? Why do we not avoid these things to prevent getting into these scenarios? Legit question, I have nothing against gears but reading the conversation the thought of asking this just hit me.

What is the protocol to selecting jRO gears to release in OCPs? I know this is a patch thread but I can’t help but ask at this point.

the process is whatever the f....k they send to iRO

#112 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

the process is whatever the f....k they send to iRO

please don’t tell me that :’(
iRO has so much potential, I’ve been told by people that they would have joined if it wasn’t for the OCP stuff at this point. Apparently, people don’t think so badly of iRO once they see what goes on but the OCP overload is a deal breaker.

Now I wanna know how these OCPs get selected to have an idea of what to even tell people if they ask why OCPs get pushed so much on iRO

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 20 June 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#113 SFever

SFever

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

TBD :s

^?

Guess that meeting last a week and still on going

#114 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Mid: Dark Pinguicula / Arc elder 

please

#115 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:23 PM

He said next months. There's no guarantee that will get the shield ring. Prolly next year.

1zyao80.png

#116 Cordite

Cordite

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Servers are now open.

#117 Lux010

Lux010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

I will bet my life Shield Ring won't be in July's box.

Completely lost trust in Campitor.

It's a good time to quit iRO anyway.

Good riddance.

Complain complain. why dont you just enjoy the game?

Edited by Lux010, 20 June 2019 - 04:27 PM.

#118 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

Funny thread. You wonder why RO has become so OCP based and all the sensible people left. People threatening to quit cause they have to wait a bit to get their item lmao. Yet these are the same people that have complained about wanting to turn off OCP item in WoE/PvP. Hypocrites. 

#119 Vhaaaan

Vhaaaan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

smNMBWQ.png      357kFdz.png

Thank you so much! Finally Costume Valhalla Idol now working fine  :p_hi:

#120 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:32 PM

Edited by Klief, 20 June 2019 - 04:43 PM.

#121 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

smNMBWQ.png      357kFdz.png

Thank you so much! Finally Costume Valhalla Idol now working fine  :p_hi:

About time! :)

#122 vansan123

vansan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

OKAY You remove all old OCP for what ? before that Many old OCP 5-6 series now you remove all of it ??????????? you fear ppl don't buy new ocp ? hmm ? 

#123 Patrickj

Patrickj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:47 PM

Many of the YA III contents came from boxes that exist not too long ago, even literally from the previous YA.

If you really need to put fillers, could you at least reintroduce some stuff that are rather useful and maybe check on what stuff from the earliest ocp boxes that has not included for quite some time, such as New Wave Sunglasses, Miracle Blue Rose, Valkyrie Hammer, pororo shoes, etc.

Cheers.

Edited by Patrickj, 20 June 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#124 Hikari

Hikari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

please don’t tell me that :’(
iRO has so much potential, I’ve been told by people that they would have joined if it wasn’t for the OCP stuff at this point. Apparently, people don’t think so badly of iRO once they see what goes on but the OCP overload is a deal breaker.

Now I wanna know how these OCPs get selected to have an idea of what to even tell people if they ask why OCPs get pushed so much on iRO

They usually just take jRO's Ragcan for the previous month (or skip random months completely), and add or remove items completely at random (Diabolus Wings was implemented, Thieve's Guide Vol.2 skipped, probably due to not being good enough to be even semi-rare, and the last one combos with items we don't have). The problem is that now that we're caught up to the previous month of it (minus a few skipped items here and there), there's far less items since they're not willing to give us in-game event jRO items, and extremely rarely give us Anniversary and Summer store items even after months of begging in the request thread, and the bulk of it is ONLY because we got a set piece without the rest of the set (and sometimes not, like Kardui's Ears).

#125 Scphooder

Scphooder

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:53 PM

How many times can we use the event skill reset and stat reset on one character?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users