July 2nd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance - Page 8 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 2nd Ragnarok Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#176 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:29 PM

SO just log into WP site and click VIP?  I think it once allowed for extra characters to be made, but if it wears off, that would be cruel. Even though it says it lasts till the 8th, if I activated it late night on the 7th, would it still last for 4 days? PLus I looked up what it supposedly gives. I dont see anything much different than normal players have. I already have 600 kafra slots, yet I am not a vip. SO many questions I know, but I referred to this page and was not impressed. https://support.warp...ip-package.aspx IF it suits some people, cool, but I am just puzzled how this is VIP.  THX CINNAMON! Regardless, your profile pic makes me smile ^~^

The free package is a 4 days deal, so you will have 4 days added to your existing time. If you do not have any then it will be that. There is more about VIP perks than the storage, check this fan made page here. But to answer your question, once you claim the VIP you will be able to create characters in the VIP ONLY slots. With that said, we hope VIP perks expand to accommodate more and fun options.

How long is it gonna take for this time around of fix? Please dont say shortly or soon or not long
may i know the exact ETA for this fix? Thank you. =)

ETA: Soonisher
Actually it is happening right now.

#177 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

TI fixed for Chaos
Doing it for Thor right now.

#178 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:36 PM

OFF TOPIC:

PvM is not even a real end game. WoE is. Even Thor is probably now more active than Chaos because they get to have active WoE while Chaos is all about afk players and few players who actually do ez PvM.

OCPs had been around for years and game was still active because WoE was a thing. Game only became so inactive and lost so many players after WoE died. I mean like ... who in the right mind would enjoy doing repetitive and predictable boring ez instances? and ... no, OCP didnt kill WoE. Why is that? My RG only used few OCP pieces as a matter of fact. Most items I used in WoE were actually in-game items including Gods and MvPs. Also, didnt I make one troll video when I went in WoE with Eden gears against OCP-geared players and still killed and enjoyed WoE. I think its all about mentality.

And isn't the loss of WoE rewards also a reason for woe death? also the insane dmg boost from OCPs for some people? WoE died gradually as more and more gear kept being released each time dropping a bomb one thing or the other. You used to play exceed break RG the only thing hammer is ever needed/good for. Megs were a thing before. But now I don't think if even one is necessary. Bris were a thing for SCs not anymore. Bryns for Gfisters and decent RK dmg not anymore. Asprika went from bad to being a creamy card. And what replaced these? definetly not PvM stuff. MVPs existed before and still exist now. And you killing weakly geared characters using exceed break and eden gears is nothing remarkable. It's just the skill's strength, and people going with no reductions or being dumb. Just because you can still wipe half the people with a eden geared SD doesn't mean the enemies OCPs are weak or ur eden gears are strong enough. It's just SD being hella strong. Any sensible character could just as easily have wiped you. So using a small circumstantial sample to claim OCPs had no effect is like testing on 3 rats and saying a drug is suitable for the human race.

While WoE should have been the ideal end game sadly it isn't. The current situation if you have seen you would see that PvM is much more popular than WoE. People just keep farming and making more and more for no reason. WoE's death can be attributed to many things. All I am saying that OCP definetly has a big part in it as well. While you can enjoy the game however you want to, I just feel that your opinions are intentionally or subconciously biased towards the Whales and RGs when it comes to certain things. On the other hand personally I feel like the Bio5 headgears except for minor problems are great content. They don't excessively make insane skills much more insane. Those which did recieve huge damage boosts all have their own problems as well. The dmg boost being necessary for future instances.

#179 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:41 PM

Prontera is like a ghost town. Did people just never come back after the maint? Including bots? I am torn as to whether I like this or not. lol o>O

#180 DuskShadowX

DuskShadowX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationThe West , began Ragnarok ONline in 2003
  • Server:ReNewal: Chaos

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

The free package is a 4 days deal, so you will have 4 days added to your existing time. If you do not have any then it will be that. There is more about VIP perks than the storage, check this fan made page here. But to answer your question, once you claim the VIP you will be able to create characters in the VIP ONLY slots. With that said, we hope VIP perks expand to accommodate more and fun options.

Yah I have seen that page before as well. Oh well, thanks anyways, but nothing in the VIP appeals ot me or seems any use. Thanks for the skill and stat reset though! CIAo 

#181 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:46 PM

Prontera is like a ghost town. Did people just never come back after the maint? Including bots? I am torn as to whether I like this or not. lol o>O

Check the raffler spot. Everyone and their mom is there.

#182 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

And isn't the loss of WoE rewards also a reason for woe death? also the insane dmg boost from OCPs for some people? WoE died gradually as more and more gear kept being released each time dropping a bomb one thing or the other. You used to play exceed break RG the only thing hammer is ever needed/good for. Megs were a thing before. But now I don't think if even one is necessary. Bris were a thing for SCs not anymore. Bryns for Gfisters and decent RK dmg not anymore. Asprika went from bad to being a creamy card. And what replaced these? definetly not PvM stuff. MVPs existed before and still exist now. And you killing weakly geared characters using exceed break and eden gears is nothing remarkable. It's just the skill's strength, and people going with no reductions or being dumb. Just because you can still wipe half the people with a eden geared SD doesn't mean the enemies OCPs are weak or ur eden gears are strong enough. It's just SD being hella strong. Any sensible character could just as easily have wiped you. So using a small circumstantial sample to claim OCPs had no effect is like testing on 3 rats and saying a drug is suitable for the human race.

While WoE should have been the ideal end game sadly it isn't. The current situation if you have seen you would see that PvM is much more popular than WoE. People just keep farming and making more and more for no reason. WoE's death can be attributed to many things. All I am saying that OCP definetly has a big part in it as well. While you can enjoy the game however you want to, I just feel that your opinions are intentionally or subconciously biased towards the Whales and RGs when it comes to certain things. On the other hand personally I feel like the Bio5 headgears except for minor problems are great content. They don't excessively make insane skills much more insane. Those which did recieve huge damage boosts all have their own problems as well. The dmg boost being necessary for future instances.

What guild did you even WoE? I guess according to you some members from Sinergia, KK, and Animosity were weakly geared people? You're one tough strong player because even I didnt dare do this epic call out  :heh:

If anything, the cause of dead WoE is the lack of good rewards, that's the main reason. Are OCPs making WoE rewards irrelevant? No, because making Gods is not the only WoE reward. Some people WoE to spend time with friends. Some people WoE just to kill other players as challenge. When people say WoE does give bad rewards, at least within my friends, they mean that the cost of WoE is larger than (rewards) the zeny they make from castle loots and time spent to organize the guild. This is, they lose zeny and time every time they WoE and it become like an online chore. People just blame OCPs because its' cash items but game is not a charity. Game needs money. In fact, iRO is already very cheap to play. You dont really believe OCPs are more powerful than MvPs do you? Of course you dont because MvPs are stronger than OCPs. No one blames MvPs in WoE because why ... because they're in game items.

And, actually I used Exceed break and Cannon spear and Over brand. I constantly adjusted and adapted my build to WoE changes. In fact, last time I shot Cannon spear and killed folks from well known guilds in a 11x3 line and ... no, I didnt use OCP gears. I used +14 KvM spear, +12 Bio 5 headgear, Bear's power, and 2 Megs. Surprised, they're all in-game items. Who says going with no redux is dumb? You're partially correct because actually, people going with no redux is only dumb if they dont know how to read situations and just die before they can kill. What is is SD? Suicide destruction? 

PvM is much more popular because it is easier than WoE but you dont look further than present. PvM is predictable. PvM gets boring real fast. That' is because patterns are the same and repetitive. No matter what instances and new updates they bring, they will get boring real fast. Hell, I did some instances and I quit after 4 - 6 days  :heh:

Edited by nyyaan, 02 July 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#183 Maestrox20

Maestrox20

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

Someone have a guide for this:

Our July 4th Event "Detonation Celebration" begins! Visit Old-Man Boomy (prt_fild08 161 357) to get started.

#184 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

PvM is not even a real end game. WoE is. Even Thor is probably now more active than Chaos because they get to have active WoE while Chaos is all about afk players and few players who actually do ez PvM. Even private servers are doing better than iRO as long as they have active WoE to keep things interesting. So yes ... I say again that OCPs didnt kill the game, Why? lol ... cause ...

OCPs had been around for years and game was still active because WoE was a thing. Game only became so inactive and lost so many players after WoE died. I mean like ... who in the right mind would enjoy doing repetitive and predictable boring ez instances? and ... no, OCP didnt kill WoE. Why is that? My RG only used few OCP pieces as a matter of fact. Most items I used in WoE were actually in-game items including Gods and MvPs. Also, didnt I make one troll video when I went in WoE with Eden gears against OCP-geared players and still killed and enjoyed WoE. I think its all about mentality.

As for PvM, I dont think people care about the most ideal PvM classes. Before, Gens and GXs surely could finish most instances at ease while other classes struggled so much. With OCPs, other classes may not be the most ideal classes to do PvM but they are capable of doing instances that they used to struggle. 

What is considered endgame is subjective in this game. You might consider it endgame but someone like me might just consider it a waste of time. Neither of those is wrong, but neither is right, simply a matter of opinion. As for your reasoning as to why lootbox stuff didn't kill the game, that is also subjective. You're only stating why it didn't kill WoE for you, someone who could get whatever gear, card or item you wanted on a whim provided it was available (Nothing wrong with that, just how things played out.), playing a class that can be pretty strong by itself and isn't subject to some issues various loot box items may cause for other classes that don't have the same tools an RG has and probably can't get every piece of gear they want/need without some prior work and may run into the misfortune of spending all their money on one item only for it to be made irrelevant by a new loot box item. On that note it might even be the power level of the items themselves but fatigue that comes on trying to keep up with obtaining and upgrading these new items month after month just to keep themselves on par with everyone else. Your reasoning as to why lootbox stuff didn't kill the game is only relevant to yourself and maybe other like minded people but not to everyone else.

#185 Sataground

Sataground

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationMedan

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

pls put Kafra blossom Card and alcohol on raffle Camp

#186 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

woe rewards have been crap for many of the years while it was still fully active. Doesnt matter that gods back then were a gear consideration, the screwed up random parts drops made so pretty much any "serious" woe guild ultimately did not care much about getting castles.

People dislike the overall direction of the game>some ppl leave here and there>other people leave because their friend left>others now realize half their guild is kinda gone>more people leave>leader decides to leave as well(ending it permanently)> rival guilds now have less foes and it becomes boring>people leave for being bored>and so on

#187 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:38 AM

Something camp can fix in the next maintenance:
BETTER TREASURE BOX DROPS ON WOE1 AND WOE2

why the heck is woe te more rewarding than the harder woe 1 n 2 lol

#188 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:10 AM

can anyone explain to me wots detonation event is all abt? lol

#189 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:11 AM

can anyone explain to me wots detonation event is all abt? lol

Shouldve been reserved for september

Oooops

#190 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:44 AM

After I teleported at the lower part in 5 sec its like 100+ arrows  just hit me. :heh:

Those gargoyle keeps the player away. 

Edited by Name85738, 03 July 2019 - 03:57 AM.

#191 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:49 AM

• Stone Maker updated to allow costumes that are eligible for exchange to be exchanged for all paid costume stones.

WHEN????!  :p_omg:  :p_swt:

#192 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:03 AM

• Stone Maker updated to allow costumes that are eligible for exchange to be exchanged for all paid costume stones.

WHEN????!  :p_omg:  :p_swt:

It should be already in, there was an issue with a costume or 2 that weren't exchangeable.

#193 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:38 AM

It should be already in, there was an issue with a costume or 2 that weren't exchangeable.

why this box is not included? :(

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=419&p=2

#194 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 04:44 AM

why this box is not included? :(

http://www.playragna...aspx?id=419&p=2

I am not sure, will check with the staff next week.

#195 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:22 AM

Where is this stone maker NPC located?

#196 vitharol

vitharol

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:33 AM

I am not sure, will check with the staff next week.

Please do tried exchanging them but the npc is not accepting them , thank you so much in Advanced <3

#197 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:48 AM

Where is this stone maker NPC located?

http://https://irowi...chantment_Stone

Designer Heidam will trade 1 Costume into 1 Enchant Stone. He will take a costume RANDOMLY FROM YOUR INVENTORY. So, it is a good idea to put some costume you want to keep on cart first.

location in the overview

(malangdo 115, 150)

#198 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

Raffler kinda suck this year. Why don't you guys add items that people want for a high fee? Like ASPD stone, SP Absorption stone, Kafra card, OCP gears, etc?

#199 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

Here are the costume previews. Apologies for the delay. Bunny preview will come a bit later as it is currently bugged. 

Costume Striped Headband

xmzreDp.png

Costume Backpack (Red)

ZLzgikQ.png

Costume Backpack (Black)

AcRxH0E.png

Costume Poporing Muffler

YvsADut.png

Costume Lace Flower Crown

jiuPeQF.png

Costume Jewel Crown

StLvEwx.png

Costume Oxygen Mask

lcKxlgD.png

Costume Mystical Fruit Hat

HUMTdeT.png

Costume Indian Headband

BEfPtju.png

Costume Orange Rabbit

(image coming soon)

Costume Twinkling Red Eyes

HSeeUPE.png

Costume Medium Wave (Yellow)

p5LuC7f.png

Costume Sky Lantern

llQprWc.png

Costume Goblin Mask

QOGFwzi.png

#200 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

Please do tried exchanging them but the npc is not accepting them , thank you so much in Advanced <3

Further to your earlier concern, I received a response that this is an ongoing process, more costumes will be added to the stone maker eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users