#1 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

Most important thing in the game is the monthly Costume boxes. To look your best in town buy all of those and any old ones you missed spend whatever billions it takes to get those too!

O wait wrong kind of AFK...

Jokes aside, thanks for clicking my guide but a few notes before we really start.

1: What is normally one of the more helpful accessories for this build has been confirmed by the GM team to be the cause of a monster spawning bug! If at all possible avoid using the Ring of Resonance or Advanced Ring of Resonance when following this guide unless you're on the TI maps where the GMs have disabled the buggy part but left the defensive skills active!

2: This build only works if other players want to share the map with you so please be courteous to others by being mindful of your positioning (not blocking walkways or disrupting the largest mobbing areas) and dealing enough damage that you’re not holding monsters for prolonged periods (taking more than 30 seconds to kill = KS).

3: Speaking of other players, GM team has stated clearly that others are allowed to kill steal your mobs if you are just standing autocasting on the monsters so don’t be surprised or get upset when this happens!

4: Lastly I’ve only used this method to reach 175 twice - on Arch Bishop and on Sorcerer so I don’t know every facet of this but wanted to share a useful way for AB to level.

The Basics:

Recently more equipment was added to the game which allows you to cast spells when taking or dealing melee damage. Using these new items allows us to level up on maps which have aggressive monsters if we’re properly prepared!

AFK build requires your equipment to balance three factors, a way to reflect damage, ways to deal damage, and most importantly ways to mitigate/heal enough to keep you from ever dying. 

This is a leveling build so dying is to be avoided at all costs. If that means staying in Scaraba until level 160 then do that rather than risk ever dying.

As this build has you getting most of your exp directly from killing monsters instead of from turning in quests it is wise to make sure to equip Costume Goggles, Costume Crown, Costume Tiara, Costume Boy’s Cap, or Costume Satellite Hairband for the bonus 30% exp.

How to not die:

In general when tanking with the normal setup (Green Cenre) you’ll want to avoid taking more than 100 damage from a normal hit while you also block whatever the main skill/spell used against you on that map. For example in NCT if you take less than 100 damage from a normal attack and have Dark element armor to block the two skills from Big Bell with Green Cenre Card healing you can safely level to 175 (MVP sightings notwithstanding). 

Reflect gear:

There are only a few options for Reflecting damage. When picking from the list below be mindful of the amount of damage per hit you need to take to make the item work as that plays a huge role in how well you survive. 

Upper: (not recommended)

Filir Hat: 1% damage reflect (ideal: 100 damage)

Sheep Hat: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage)

Middle: 

Mask of Hero: 1% damage reflect (ideal: 100 damage)

Lower: 

Strawberry Mouth Guard: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage)

Shield: 

Mad Bunny Special: 10% damage reflect (ideal: 10 damage) (btw usually card with Hodremlin or Gaster)

High Orc Card: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage but not recommended)

Armor: 

Orc Lord Card: 30% damage reflect (ideal: 4 damage)

Magic Damage:

Personally I’ve only tested two setups:

1.) Lunar Rainbow: Appearing in OCPs 9 and OCP Remix 7 it’s an upper headgear which when equipped at the same time as the weapon cards it mentions allows autocasting bolts spells up to level 10. As there are four effects which only works in combination with the proper weapon card a three or four slotted weapon is best to use (depending on your class highly recommend Valkyrie Knife, Valkyrie Hammer, or Book of the Sun God). 

2.) Book of the Sun God: Originally from Overseas Care Package XVIII is a book class weapon exclusive to Arch Bishops and Sorcerers (which is why this guide is here) which requires level 100 and autocasts level 5 Meteor Storm once the BotSG is +10. Recommend carding with combo for Lunar rainbow (general use), 4x Red Ferus (general use), or if mainly in NCT 4x Colbalt Mineral (targets Big Bell).

It's best to switch to BotSG as soon as possible. Freeing your upper head slot is key for surviving at 150+ but also in general there are many other very useful hats to wear. 

As with all magic users if you aren’t using Mid/Low for reflect using a Mob Scarf combo can be the best use of the two slots.

Accessory slots often benefit from the mDef bypass given by Magician’s Gloves.

If using Lunar Rainbow and the map has water using the Ring of Wise King accessory is helpful for Water Ball lv5 autocast.

Slotted Temporal Int Boot can be a good spot for a Green Cenre Card if you're already surviving fine.

Magical Shadow Combo (Earring, Pendant, Weapon) for 2% mAtk.

Untested:

Dark Lord Card: I’m sure it works great though replacing Green Cenre could make healing tricky but allows any class to AFK. Mainly seen Rangers using this.

Ifrit Mask: Sounds like it has low % to cast MS3/FB

Lion Model Hat: Also sounds like a low % to cast MS5

Defense:

Need to take as little damage as possible while still triggering autocasts via reflect. Best ways to do this is by stacking resistance to Neutral element. When finished assembling the below items it allows you to add or remove a piece or two to control the incoming damage to match what is ideal for the item giving reflect. Essentially with over 90% Neutral resist any map with aggressive monsters becomes easily usable. 

Neutral Element Reduction:

To reach the ideal 90% or more mentioned above you can use a mix of the following

Upper:

Palace Guard Cap: 1% per upgrade

Middle:

3d Glasses: 5%

Armor:

+9 Antonio’s Coat of Escape: 5% also 300 Def and prevents being knocked back 

Tidung: 5% (allows using elemental cards)

Shield:

Immune Shield: 13% (at +12 = 5% + 1% per upgrade max of 8%)

Garment:

Heroic Backpack: 10% (at 90 vit)

Hero Manteau: 33% (at +12), 10% (at +9) - note Set Malus disables Devling Card's Neutral resist bonus

Deviling Card: 50% (best in Heroic Backpack or Etran's Undershirt)

Shoe:

Lian Shoes: 5%

Shadows:

Immune Shadow Armor & Athena Shield: 2%

Athena Earring/Resist Spell Power Pendant: 2%

Note if you do have all of the above with a +8 or higher Palace Guard Cap you’ll take 1 from everything which while fun is sadly too little damage to trigger any reflect.

Other Defensive Gear:

Sometimes it’s easier to just increase your Def to reduce damage rather than track down the last bits to maximize neutral resists. Here are some the better equips for Def.

Armor:

+9 Medical Scrub: 350 Def and increase healing potency

Shield:

Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia: Can slot Gaster/Hodremlin or size/race cards which best fit the map you’re on and will boost damage if at 90 int or more.

Accessory:

Ring of Jupiter: 2% HP for every 10 Vit and at 125 Vit gives 300 Def

Healing

Almost all your healing should come from a Green Cenre Card but below are the other options which are good to use whenever possible.

Armor:

Loli Ruri Card:  5% chance to cast Heal 3 when hit

Garment:

Musika: 2% chance to cast highest learned level of heal (haven’t tested this and not recommended)

Shield

Enchanted Peach Tree: 2% chance to cast highest learned level of heal 

Musciplular Card: 10% chance of casting Heal/Agi Lv 1 on hit 

Shoes:

Green Cenre Card: 1k a sec for 5 sec on hit 

Accessory:

Pendant of Harmony: Casts Renovatio and if you have Blue Gems lv3 Sanctuary so bring lots! Haven't test this part but could be a good combo with Sacred Crown.

Ring of Resonance: lv10 heal on hit (note: this equipment is thought to cause a bug which will decrease your leveling speed!)

Shadow Weapon: 

Healing Shadow Weapon: Increase recovery rate

Stats:

As for stats my usual setup is 90 int/vit and after that the rest of your stats don’t matter. 90 int for enough matk to kill fairly quickly and get the bonus from HBP and Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia Shields if you are using those and the 90 vit unlocks the 10% Neutral Resist on HBP. Personally my latest builds have 125 vit to make use of Ring of Jupiter.

Where does this work?:

As to where you AFK, as mentioned above if you’re in the main walkway or other spots you will be KSed and then get less exp than if you’re helping the spawn rate on the map by clearing the pockets where groups collect. Don’t end up a free tank for everyone while getting no exp so make sure to pick a somewhat out of the way spot.

Ideally other players can run a loop on the map and have the majority of monsters always on the main path being respawned all over the map. Best example for an ideal placement is on our current Low TI map there is a dead-end in the bottom right which I usually AFK at. If no one is in that dead-end killing, it will slow down leveling on the whole map as more and more monsters collect there until someone takes the time to walk to the corner. At its best AFK leveling makes the map much better for everyone as there wouldn’t ever be a large collection of unclaimed monsters that is alive for more than 60 seconds. Also those smaller pockets areas are not possible to be overrun if you’re camped unlike the larger areas where becoming overwhelmed (or mob trained) is always a possibility. Only time I’ve died in the corner is due to mistakenly equipping the wrong gear or players griefing me by buffing monsters.

A good spot should have ideally 20-30 tiles around it where monsters can spawn.

As mentioned above the only areas which are usable for this build requires other players actively playing to respawn the next wave of monsters. Below is a list of areas where you and other players can level well.

Areas:

Sunken Ship

yuno_fild04 - Harpies

Low Ti - when no ranged mobs

Nogg Road

Juperous

Mid Ti - when no ranged mobs

El Discaste

Scaraba Hall

High Ti - rare this works

NCT

Untested:

Verus 

Old Glast Heim Instance 

Bifrost Dungeon

Bio Labs level 2

The Illusion Dungeons

Glast Heim Churchyard

Areas just added to Dungeon Teleporter - Ice Dungeon, Cursed Monastery, Abyss Lake

Orc Dungeon

Misc:

To maximize exp gain some other options are

Upper:

Leaf Cat Hat: 25% exp

Lower:

Happy Balloon: 5% exp

Shield:

Happy Shield: Combo with Racial cards to give 15% when +8 or higher

Garment:

Amistr Bag: 1% more exp per 2 upgrade levels

Shoe:

Each race has a slotted shoe but would still require Green Cenre card.

Looting:

Also is possible to add looting to this build with a variety of hats or an accessory that autocast the skill Greed.

Upper:

Magnolia Hat: Seems to be right around 1% chance

Triple Poring Hat: 5% chance

+9 Elephant Hat: unknown chance

Accessory:

Lesser Elemental Ring: 1% chance but VERY hard to use as it requires tricky positioning to block Leap/Backslide/Sprint movement skills which are also autocast (basically need to stand in a walkway which = KS or others using Greed)

Examples:

Scaraba at 130+ (No RoR or Rainbow)

7JUqXOO.png

Notes: 

Map requires Ungoliant card to block bleeding so this has it in Mid slot. 

This setup takes 40-100 damage per hit. 

Shield has wrong card but still equipped for its 12% Neutral resist. 

Any armor *should* work but went with Nature for bonus damage and Earth property. 

Str is to help loot when Low/Mid TI aren't junk and can use Triple Poring with BotSG. 

Last note, I hope they fix the RoR since a lot of my normal builds are kinda deadly unless I stack all my best stuff like I did here.

NCT at 150+ (BotSG, HFAW, and 91% Neutral resist)

Working on my next AB getting to 150 but was requested to see what NCT looks like so loaded up my 175 to show the build. Once I hit 150 again I'll try to do screens of that AB.

1dTWI73.jpg

Notes:

Damage taken is 70-120, without Assumptio from RoR.

Damage from the BotSG is 4-5.5k for each meteor hit.  

Map requires something to block the Dark element attacks. For this I have a Bathory carded Tidung but can use anything with Dark element.

I like using Happy Flapping Angel Wing over a Palace Guard Cap for the 50% damage. If you're dying though use the PGC to stack over the 93% or so Neutral element resist.

If you can spare the incoming damage then swap shadow shield to Flameguard Shadow for the 3% exp bonus

Since the screens can be hard to see the Cards are: 

Upper - Lichtern Red

Armor - Bathory

Weapon - Cobalt Mineral and 3x Red Ferus (no one sells Cobalt cards otherwise make 4x of those)

Shield - Penomena

Garment - Deviling

Shoe - Green Cenre

Last note on this is I always tried to take the small room near the entrance of NCT since the larger areas have more chance for the MVP to spawn there or people dropping it on you.

Edited by Ralen, 27 August 2019 - 11:28 PM.

#2 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:18 AM

Very nice guide. One thing that can help everyone improve efficiency would probably a setup for a "AFK Autocast Guild" where members can team up and communicate to afk in a specific map, and possibly even share exps for the 20% bonus!

#3 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

nice guide. 

i was wondering if you could show me the neccesary setup for AB doing NCT? (screenshot of gears and stats)

i tried it with level 152 lunar rainbow and valk hammer quad set, and i still takes 400+ damage per hit and not enough healing power, and killing mob is super slow. (130vit, 120 int).  im using hero mask to reflect damage.

i started to think of using the sun god and ditch off lunar rainbow to replace it by palace guard cap since i have a hardtime staying alive on 2 or more big bell.

i dont have access to jupiter ring, what other accesorries to pair up with pendant of harmony do you recomend? i have the advnn ROR pair though, not user if i can use it for NCT effectively

#4 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

I'll try to get screenshots together sometime but before I was only able to make NCT work with the damage reduction from Happy Flapping Angel Wing but that forced using the BotSG for damage. This was before I had Ring of Jupiter so was doing A.RoR which we now know we should avoid if we can help it and other accessory was Magician's Glove for damage as I wasn't dying. Other than HFAW hat I had to stack Neutral Resist, HBP with Deviling, +12 Immune Shield, 3D Glasses, Lian Shoes, Tidung (requires Bathory card), and the two shadow sets for 91% resist. With all that was taking 20-40 per hit and hitting for 4k per MS. 

I'll try to get the gear onto my AB again to test and make sure I remembered right but I think that's all what made it work.

#5 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

I'll try to get screenshots together sometime but before I was only able to make NCT work with the damage reduction from Happy Flapping Angel Wing but that forced using the BotSG for damage. This was before I had Ring of Jupiter so was doing A.RoR which we now know we should avoid if we can help it and other accessory was Magician's Glove for damage as I wasn't dying. Other than HFAW hat I had to stack Neutral Resist, HBP with Deviling, +12 Immune Shield, 3D Glasses, Lian Shoes, Tidung (requires Bathory card), and the two shadow sets for 91% resist. With all that was taking 20-40 per hit and hitting for 4k per MS. 

I'll try to get the gear onto my AB again to test and make sure I remembered right but I think that's all what made it work.

i finally managed it to survive nct thanks to your tips.

right now im using sun book with 2x red ferus and 2 big ben cards and doing about 3.3k per Meteor hit, i was wondering which one is higher, 4x red ferus cards or 4x big ben cards?

#6 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

Updated the first post with my NCT build. As for cards if you can get 4x Cobalt Mineral that is definitely the best. As for the two you mentioned I've not tested which would be better, so not sure sorry.

#7 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

Updated the first post with my NCT build. As for cards if you can get 4x Cobalt Mineral that is definitely the best. As for the two you mentioned I've not tested which would be better, so not sure sorry.

i would love to use those card, unfortunately nobody selling them. i looked at ragial and the last vended of those was the 19th august.

btw, thanks for updating the post for nct build  :thx:

Edited by coolvampire, 27 August 2019 - 11:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users