Ralen's DL card only AFK Guide - now with 50% less content! ... :( - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Ralen's DL card only AFK Guide - now with 50% less content! ... :(

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:41 AM

Most important thing in the game is the monthly Costume boxes. To look your best in town buy all of those and any old ones you missed spend whatever billions it takes to get those too!

O wait wrong kind of AFK...

Jokes aside, thanks for clicking my guide but a few notes before we really start.

1: The main suggestions from this guide have all been disabled except for Dark Lord card. That said if you're lucky enough to have that then what's left here still applies.

2: This build only works if other players want to share the map with you so please be courteous to others by being mindful of your positioning (not blocking walkways or disrupting the largest mobbing areas) and dealing enough damage that you’re not holding monsters for prolonged periods (taking more than 30 seconds to kill = KS).

3: Speaking of other players, GM team has stated clearly that others are allowed to kill steal your mobs if you are just standing autocasting on one set of monsters for a long period so don’t be surprised or get upset when this happens!

4: Lastly I’ve used this method to reach 175 five times - on Arch Bishop, Sorcerer, 2x Royal Guard, Geneticist and taken a dozen to about 150 so I don’t know every facet of this but wanted to share a useful way for AB to level with parties being hard to find. Then again, ME and Adoramus are both great AOE leveling tools now so it's entirely possible to solo unless you're just looking to join me in laziness. Updating this the night of the 185 level update and I've made 0.2% exp so far so the race is on to 185...

The New Basics:

You can use a Dark Lord Card to easily level up on maps which have aggressive monsters if you’re properly prepared!

AFK build requires your equipment to mitigate/heal enough to keep you from ever dying while still dealing damage

This is a leveling build so dying is to be avoided at all costs - even if that means staying in Scaraba Hall until level 160 then do that rather than risk ever dying!

As this build has you getting most of your exp directly from killing monsters instead of from turning in quests it is wise to make sure to equip one of either a Costume Goggles, Costume Crown, Costume Tiara, Costume Boy’s Cap, or Costume Satellite Hairband for the bonus 30% exp.

How to not die:

In general when tanking with the normal setup you’ll want to avoid taking more than 50 damage from a normal hit while you also block whatever the main skill/spell used against you on that map. For example in NCT if you take less than 50 damage from a normal attack and have Dark element armor to block the two skills from Big Bell then you can safely level to 175 or beyond (MVP sightings notwithstanding). 

Magic Damage:

I've personally tested this:

Dark Lord Card: Tested on Sura and Geneticist. In this setup Meteor Storm will cast on being hit which allows stacking high Neutral element resist. Ideally with this build you'll want to get as close to 100% neutral resist as possible. One caveat is that this build tends to have very low heal. As Neutral resist is extra important with the lower healing it is best to put the DL card into Lian's Shoes. I will note that currently my DL card is in a Bagungot Boots of Nightmare (Bayani) [1], which is usable by all classes at level 1 and gives permanent increased movement speed to help speed level new characters. Can try your luck for a card from the MVP in Glast Heim and more reliably on floor 75 of Endless Tower instance.

Untested damage dealing equipment:

Ifrit Mask: Sounds like it has low % to cast MS3/FB

Lion Model Hat: Also sounds like a low % to cast MS5

The Rest

As with all magic users a Mob Scarf combo can be the best use of the Mid/Low slots.

The Diabolus Wing combo's 20 mAtk per each upgrade of Diabolus Boots and it's 100 HP per base level makes it an excellent choice to increase survivability and damage at the same time. 

Accessory slots often benefit from the mDef bypass given by Magician’s Gloves.

Elemental Boots or Slotted Temporal Int Boot can be a good if you're already surviving fine without Lian Shoes.

Magical Shadow Combo (Earring, Pendant, Weapon) for 2% mAtk.

Wizard Shadow Combo (Armor, Shoes) for 20% Meteor Storm damage.

The Class Shadow sets for magic classes when assembled give 50% mDef bypass when all six shadow pieces are equipped.

Defense:

Need to take as little damage as possible. Best ways to do this is by stacking resistance to Neutral element. Essentially with over 90% Neutral resist any map with aggressive monsters that aren't Fire element becomes easily usable. 

Neutral Element Reduction:

To reach the ideal 90% or more mentioned above you can use a mix of the following but take note on the garments as the majority of the reduction comes from there.

Upper:

Palace Guard Cap: 1% per upgrade

Middle:

3d Glasses: 5%

Armor:

+9 Antonio’s Coat of Escape: Combo when compounded with Antonio card; 5%, 300 Def, and prevents being knocked back 

Tidung: 5% (allows using elemental cards)

Shield:

Immune Shield: 12% (at +12 = 5% + 1% per upgrade max of 7%)

Parasite Card: 5% (Not recommended for general use)

Garment:

Heroic Backpack: 10% (at 90 vit)

Hero Manteau: 33% (at +12), 10% (at +9) - note this item was updated so do not use with Deviling Cards as the Set Malus will apply!

Deviling Card: 50% (best in Heroic Backpack 60% total, or Etran's Undershirt 50% total)

Raydric Card: 20% (use with Hero Manteau for total of 53%)

Shoe:

Lian Shoes: 5%

Shadows:

Immune Shadow Armor & Athena Shield: 2%

Athena Earring/Resist Spell Power Pendant: 2%

Note if you do have all of the above with a +8 or higher Palace Guard Cap you’ll take 1 from everything which while fun is sadly too little damage to trigger any reflect.

Other Defensive/HP Gear:

Sometimes it’s easier to just increase your Def to reduce damage rather than track down the last bits to maximize neutral resists. Here are some the better equips for Def.

Armor:

+9 Medical Scrub: 350 Def and increase healing potency.

Shield:

Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia: Can slot Gaster/Hodremlin or size/race cards which best fit the map you’re on and will boost damage if at 90 int or more but at the cost of Neutral Resist from the highly recommended Immune Shield.

Accessory:

Ring of Jupiter: 2% HP for every 10 Vit and at 125 Vit gives 300 Def.

Ring of Resonance: chance to cast Assumptio 5 on hit.

Combo:

The Diabolus Wing/Boots combo's 100 HP per base level and +10 to all stats will greatly increase your HP pool giving your healing items more time to trigger. Additionally 20 mAtk per each upgrade of Diabolus Boots helps kill faster so as to not be overwhelmed.

Healing

Almost all your healing should come from a Ring of Resonance but below are the other options which can be good to use as well.

Armor:

Loli Ruri Card: 5% chance to cast Heal 3 when hit (I almost never use this)

Garment:

Musika: 2% chance to cast highest learned level of heal (haven’t tested this and losing the 10% Neutral resist in this slot is not recommended) (I almost never use this)

Shield

Muscipular Card: 10% chance of casting Heal/Agi Lv 1 on hit (I almost never use this)

Shoes:

Green Cenre Card: 1k a sec for 5 sec on hit  (I always use this unless running DL card set)

Accessory:

Ring of Resonance: lv10 heal on hit (I almost always use this)

Shadows: 

Elegant Shadow set (Weapon, Pendant, Earring): 2% chance when attacking to regain 1250 HP over 5 seconds, if the total upgrades for the set is +25 or more.

Healing Shadow Weapon: Increase recovery rate (I rarely use this)

Stats:

As for stats my usual setup is 90 INT/VIT and after that the rest of your stats don’t really matter.

90 INT gives enough mAtk to kill fairly quickly and unlocks the bonus from HBP, Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia Shield, and Temporal Int Boot and getting 90 VIT unlocks the 10% Neutral Resist on HBP.

Lately my builds have gone up to 125 VIT to make use of Ring of Jupiter but it is never worth it getting more than 126 VIT. 

After your 90 INT/VIT is done you'll likely want to increase your damage. The formula: 3 mAtk = 2 INT or 9 LUK or 15 DEX. In general I get DEX first after I reach my target VIT, then LUK, then go back to more INT once the other stat's cost have caught up.

Need to test this but a naked AB at 175/60 will have 293 mAtk using the following build:

6 STR

1 AGI

125 VIT

130 INT

48 DEX 

85 LUK

The these numbers will need to change some when I add the stats on the AFK gear but wanted to give a rough idea of the stats to give the most mAtk. Also the STR is very low so might be worth losing a couple mAtk for the QoL of more carry capacity.

The order I usually go is 60 INT, 90 VIT, 90 INT, (up to 125 VIT), 20 DEX, 21 LUK, 110 INT, 42 LUK, 120 INT, 30 DEX, 60 LUK, etc...

Where does this work?:

As to where you AFK, as mentioned above if you’re in the main walkway or other spots you will be KSed and then get less exp than if you’re helping the spawn rate on the map by clearing the pockets where groups collect. Don’t end up a free tank for everyone while getting no exp so make sure to pick a somewhat out of the way spot.

Ideally other players can run a loop on the map and have the majority of monsters always on the main path being respawned all over the map. Best example for an ideal placement is on our current Low TI map there is a dead-end in the bottom right which I usually AFK at. If no one is in that dead-end killing, it will slow down leveling on the whole map as more and more monsters collect there until someone takes the time to walk to the corner.

At its best AFK leveling makes the map much better for everyone as there wouldn’t ever be a large collection of unclaimed monsters that is alive for more than 60 seconds. Also those smaller pockets areas are not possible to be overrun if you’re camped unlike the larger areas where becoming overwhelmed (or mob trained) is always a possibility. Only time I’ve died in the corner is due to mistakenly equipping the wrong gear or players griefing me by buffing monsters (giving Striking to monsters should be blocked IMO).

A good spot should have ideally 20-30 tiles around it where monsters can spawn.

As mentioned above the only areas which are usable for this build requires other players actively playing to respawn the next wave of monsters. Below is a list of areas where you and other players can level well.

Areas:

Sunken Ship

yuno_fild04 - Harpies

Low Ti - when no ranged/fire mobs

Juperous

Mid Ti - when no ranged/fire mobs

El Discaste

Scaraba Hall

High Ti - rare this works

Verus 

NCT

Untested:

Old Glast Heim Instance 

Bifrost Dungeon

Bio Labs level 2

The Illusion Dungeons

Glast Heim Churchyard

Ice Dungeon

Cursed Monastery

Abyss Lake

Orc Dungeon

Misc:

To maximize exp gain some other options are

Upper:

Leaf Cat Hat: 25% exp

Lower:

Happy Balloon: 5% exp

Poring Capsule Balloons: 5% exp (Poring, Marin, Drops, Santa Poring, Poporing, Metalring, Devilring, Angelring, Ghostring, Arch Angelring)

Shield:

Happy Shield: Combo with Racial cards to give 15% when +8 or higher

Garment:

Amistr Bag: 1% more exp per 2 upgrade levels

Shoe:

Each monster race has corresponding slotted shoe which gives more exp at the cost of taking more damage and you would need Green Cenre card.

Accessory:

Steam Starter Ring: Gives bonus exp until level 100. Rental item from the Cash Shop. (Not recommended)

Looting:

Also is possible to add looting to this build with a hat that can autocast the skill Greed.

Upper:

Magnolia Hat: Seems to be between 0.5% and 1.0% chance to autocast

Old Info:

Spoiler

Edited by Ralen, 22 December 2021 - 02:46 AM.

#2 8494140805110025600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:18 AM

Very nice guide. One thing that can help everyone improve efficiency would probably a setup for a "AFK Autocast Guild" where members can team up and communicate to afk in a specific map, and possibly even share exps for the 20% bonus!

#3 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

nice guide. 

i was wondering if you could show me the neccesary setup for AB doing NCT? (screenshot of gears and stats)

i tried it with level 152 lunar rainbow and valk hammer quad set, and i still takes 400+ damage per hit and not enough healing power, and killing mob is super slow. (130vit, 120 int).  im using hero mask to reflect damage.

i started to think of using the sun god and ditch off lunar rainbow to replace it by palace guard cap since i have a hardtime staying alive on 2 or more big bell.

i dont have access to jupiter ring, what other accesorries to pair up with pendant of harmony do you recomend? i have the advnn ROR pair though, not user if i can use it for NCT effectively

#4 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

I'll try to get screenshots together sometime but before I was only able to make NCT work with the damage reduction from Happy Flapping Angel Wing but that forced using the BotSG for damage. This was before I had Ring of Jupiter so was doing A.RoR which we now know we should avoid if we can help it and other accessory was Magician's Glove for damage as I wasn't dying. Other than HFAW hat I had to stack Neutral Resist, HBP with Deviling, +12 Immune Shield, 3D Glasses, Lian Shoes, Tidung (requires Bathory card), and the two shadow sets for 91% resist. With all that was taking 20-40 per hit and hitting for 4k per MS. 

I'll try to get the gear onto my AB again to test and make sure I remembered right but I think that's all what made it work.

#5 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

I'll try to get screenshots together sometime but before I was only able to make NCT work with the damage reduction from Happy Flapping Angel Wing but that forced using the BotSG for damage. This was before I had Ring of Jupiter so was doing A.RoR which we now know we should avoid if we can help it and other accessory was Magician's Glove for damage as I wasn't dying. Other than HFAW hat I had to stack Neutral Resist, HBP with Deviling, +12 Immune Shield, 3D Glasses, Lian Shoes, Tidung (requires Bathory card), and the two shadow sets for 91% resist. With all that was taking 20-40 per hit and hitting for 4k per MS. 

I'll try to get the gear onto my AB again to test and make sure I remembered right but I think that's all what made it work.

i finally managed it to survive nct thanks to your tips.

right now im using sun book with 2x red ferus and 2 big ben cards and doing about 3.3k per Meteor hit, i was wondering which one is higher, 4x red ferus cards or 4x big ben cards?

#6 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

Updated the first post with my NCT build. As for cards if you can get 4x Cobalt Mineral that is definitely the best. As for the two you mentioned I've not tested which would be better, so not sure sorry.

#7 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

Updated the first post with my NCT build. As for cards if you can get 4x Cobalt Mineral that is definitely the best. As for the two you mentioned I've not tested which would be better, so not sure sorry.

i would love to use those card, unfortunately nobody selling them. i looked at ragial and the last vended of those was the 19th august.

btw, thanks for updating the post for nct build  :thx:

Edited by coolvampire, 27 August 2019 - 11:59 PM.

#8 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

Most important thing in the game is the monthly Costume boxes. To look your best in town buy all of those and any old ones you missed spend whatever billions it takes to get those too!
O wait wrong kind of AFK...

Jokes aside, thanks for clicking my guide but a few notes before we really start.
1: This build only works if other players want to share the map with you so please be courteous to others by being mindful of your positioning (not blocking walkways or disrupting the largest mobbing areas) and dealing enough damage that you’re not holding monsters for prolonged periods (taking more than 30 seconds to kill = KS).
2: Speaking of other players, GM team has stated clearly that others are allowed to kill steal your mobs if you are just standing autocasting on the monsters so don’t be surprised or get upset when this happens!
3: Lastly I’ve only used this method to reach 175 twice - on Arch Bishop and on Sorcerer so I don’t know every facet of this but wanted to share a useful way for AB to level.

The Basics:
Recently more equipment was added to the game which allows you to cast spells when taking or dealing melee damage. Using these new items allows us to level up on maps which have aggressive monsters if we’re properly prepared!

AFK build requires your equipment to balance three factors, a way to reflect damage, ways to deal damage, and most importantly ways to mitigate/heal enough to keep you from ever dying.
This is a leveling build so dying is to be avoided at all costs. If that means staying in Scaraba until level 160 then do that rather than risk ever dying.

As this build has you getting most of your exp directly from killing monsters instead of from turning in quests it is wise to make sure to equip Costume Goggles, Costume Crown, Costume Tiara, Costume Boy’s Cap, or Costume Satellite Hairband for the bonus 30% exp.

How to not die:
In general when tanking with the normal setup (Green Cenre) you’ll want to avoid taking more than 100 damage from a normal hit while you also block whatever the main skill/spell used against you on that map. For example in NCT if you take less than 100 damage from a normal attack and have Dark element armor to block the two skills from Big Bell with Green Cenre Card healing you can safely level to 175 (MVP sightings notwithstanding).

Reflect gear:
There are only a few options for Reflecting damage. When picking from the list below be mindful of the amount of damage per hit you need to take to make the item work as that plays a huge role in how well you survive.

Upper: (not recommended)
Filir Hat: 1% damage reflect (ideal: 100 damage)
Sheep Hat: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage)

Middle:
Mask of Hero: 1% damage reflect (ideal: 100 damage)

Lower:
Strawberry Mouth Guard: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage)

Shield:
Mad Bunny Special: 10% damage reflect (ideal: 10 damage) (btw usually card with Hodremlin or Gaster)
High Orc Card: 5% damage reflect (ideal: 20 damage but not recommended)

Armor:
Orc Lord Card: 30% damage reflect (ideal: 4 damage)

Magic Damage:
I've personally tested three setups:
1.) Lunar Rainbow: Appearing in OCPs 9 and OCP Remix 7 it’s an upper headgear which when equipped at the same time as the weapon cards it mentions allows autocasting bolts spells up to level 10. As there are four effects which only works in combination with the proper weapon card a three or four slotted weapon is best to use (depending on your class highly recommend Valkyrie Knife, Valkyrie Hammer, or Book of the Sun God).

2.) Book of the Sun God: Originally from Overseas Care Package XVIII is a book class weapon exclusive to Arch Bishops and Sorcerers (which is why this guide is here) which requires level 100 and autocasts level 5 Meteor Storm once the BotSG is +10. Recommend carding with combo for Lunar rainbow (general use), 4x Red Ferus (general use), or if mainly in NCT 4x Colbalt Mineral (targets Big Bell).
It's best to switch to BotSG as soon as possible. Freeing your upper head slot is key for surviving at 150+ but also in general there are many other very useful hats to wear.
As with all magic users if you aren’t using Mid/Low for reflect using a Mob Scarf combo can be the best use of the two slots.
Accessory slots often benefit from the mDef bypass given by Magician’s Gloves.
If using Lunar Rainbow and the map has water using the Ring of Wise King accessory is helpful for Water Ball lv5 autocast.
Slotted Temporal Int Boot can be a good spot for a Green Cenre Card if you're already surviving fine.
Magical Shadow Combo (Earring, Pendant, Weapon) for 2% mAtk.

3.) Dark Lord Card: Tested on Sura and Geneticist. Unlike the previous two setups Meteor Storm will cast on being hit instead of autocasting when attacking via reflect. This allows stacking even higher Neutral element resist so ideally can get as close to 100% as you don't need to take damage at certain amounts. This results in being a safer setup and offers class and level flexibility. One caveat is that before equipping the Pendant of Harmony at base level 130, not using the Green Cenere card means you'll be low on healing. As Neutral resist is extra important with the lower healing it is best to put the DL card into Lian's Shoes. I will note that currently my card is in a Shoe [1] so any of my characters can use it from level 1. Can find the MVP in Glast Heim and more reliably on floor 75 of Endless Tower instance.

Untested:
Ifrit Mask: Sounds like it has low % to cast MS3/FB
Lion Model Hat: Also sounds like a low % to cast MS5

Defense:
Need to take as little damage as possible while still triggering autocasts via reflect. Best ways to do this is by stacking resistance to Neutral element. When finished assembling the below items it allows you to add or remove a piece or two to control the incoming damage to match what is ideal for the item giving reflect. Essentially with over 90% Neutral resist any map with aggressive monsters becomes easily usable.

Neutral Element Reduction:
To reach the ideal 90% or more mentioned above you can use a mix of the following

Upper:
Palace Guard Cap: 1% per upgrade

Middle:
3d Glasses: 5%

Armor:
+9 Antonio’s Coat of Escape: Combo with compounded Antonio card; 5%, 300 Def, and prevents being knocked back
Tidung: 5% (allows using elemental cards)

Shield:
Immune Shield: 13% (at +12 = 5% + 1% per upgrade max of 8%)

Garment:
Heroic Backpack: 10% (at 90 vit)
Hero Manteau: 33% (at +12), 10% (at +9) - note Set Malus disables Devling Card's Neutral resist bonus
Deviling Card: 50% (best in Heroic Backpack or Etran's Undershirt)
Raydric Card: 20% (use with Hero Manteau for total of 53%)

Shoe:
Lian Shoes: 5%

Shadows:
Immune Shadow Armor & Athena Shield: 2%
Athena Earring/Resist Spell Power Pendant: 2%

Note if you do have all of the above with a +8 or higher Palace Guard Cap you’ll take 1 from everything which while fun is sadly too little damage to trigger any reflect.

Other Defensive Gear:
Sometimes it’s easier to just increase your Def to reduce damage rather than track down the last bits to maximize neutral resists. Here are some the better equips for Def.

Armor:
+9 Medical Scrub: 350 Def and increase healing potency

Shield:
Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia: Can slot Gaster/Hodremlin or size/race cards which best fit the map you’re on and will boost damage if at 90 int or more.

Accessory:
Ring of Jupiter: 2% HP for every 10 Vit and at 125 Vit gives 300 Def
Ring of Resonance: chance to cast Assumptio 5 on hit

Healing
Almost all your healing should come from a Green Cenre Card but below are the other options which are good to use whenever possible.

Armor:
Loli Ruri Card: 5% chance to cast Heal 3 when hit

Garment:
Musika: 2% chance to cast highest learned level of heal (haven’t tested this and losing the Neutral resist in this slot is not recommended)

Shield
Enchanted Peach Tree: 2% chance to cast highest learned level of heal
Musciplular Card: 10% chance of casting Heal/Agi Lv 1 on hit

Shoes:
Green Cenre Card: 1k a sec for 5 sec on hit

Accessory:
Pendant of Harmony: Casts Renovatio and if you have Blue Gems lv3 Sanctuary so bring lots! Works very well with the blue gem cost removal from +10 Sacred Crown!
Ring of Resonance: lv10 heal on hit

Shadow Weapon:
Healing Shadow Weapon: Increase recovery rate

Stats:
As for stats my usual setup is 90 int/vit and after that the rest of your stats don’t matter. 90 int for enough matk to kill fairly quickly and get the bonus from HBP and Anemos/Gaia/Nero/Fotia Shields if you are using those and the 90 vit unlocks the 10% Neutral Resist on HBP. Lately my builds have 125 vit to make use of Ring of Jupiter.

Where does this work?:
As to where you AFK, as mentioned above if you’re in the main walkway or other spots you will be KSed and then get less exp than if you’re helping the spawn rate on the map by clearing the pockets where groups collect. Don’t end up a free tank for everyone while getting no exp so make sure to pick a somewhat out of the way spot.
Ideally other players can run a loop on the map and have the majority of monsters always on the main path being respawned all over the map. Best example for an ideal placement is on our current Low TI map there is a dead-end in the bottom right which I usually AFK at. If no one is in that dead-end killing, it will slow down leveling on the whole map as more and more monsters collect there until someone takes the time to walk to the corner. At its best AFK leveling makes the map much better for everyone as there wouldn’t ever be a large collection of unclaimed monsters that is alive for more than 60 seconds. Also those smaller pockets areas are not possible to be overrun if you’re camped unlike the larger areas where becoming overwhelmed (or mob trained) is always a possibility. Only time I’ve died in the corner is due to mistakenly equipping the wrong gear or players griefing me by buffing monsters.
A good spot should have ideally 20-30 tiles around it where monsters can spawn.

As mentioned above the only areas which are usable for this build requires other players actively playing to respawn the next wave of monsters. Below is a list of areas where you and other players can level well.

Areas:
Sunken Ship
yuno_fild04 - Harpies
Low Ti - when no ranged mobs
Nogg Road
Juperous
Mid Ti - when no ranged mobs
El Discaste
Scaraba Hall
High Ti - rare this works
NCT

Untested:
Verus
Old Glast Heim Instance
Bifrost Dungeon
Bio Labs level 2
The Illusion Dungeons
Glast Heim Churchyard
Areas just added to Dungeon Teleporter - Ice Dungeon, Cursed Monastery, Abyss Lake
Orc Dungeon

Misc:
To maximize exp gain some other options are
Upper:
Leaf Cat Hat: 25% exp

Lower:
Happy Balloon: 5% exp

Shield:
Happy Shield: Combo with Racial cards to give 15% when +8 or higher

Garment:
Amistr Bag: 1% more exp per 2 upgrade levels

Shoe:
Each race has a slotted shoe but would still require Green Cenre card.

Looting:
Also is possible to add looting to this build with a variety of hats or an accessory that autocast the skill Greed.

Upper:
Magnolia Hat: Seems to be around 1% chance
Triple Poring Hat: 5% chance
+9 Elephant Hat: around 5% chance

Accessory:
Lesser Elemental Ring: 1% chance but VERY hard to use as it requires tricky positioning to block Leap/Backslide/Sprint movement skills which are also autocast (basically need to stand in a walkway which = KS or others using Greed)

Examples:
Scaraba at 130+ (No RoR or Rainbow)

Spoiler

Notes:
Map requires Ungoliant card to block bleeding so this has it in Mid slot.
This setup takes 40-100 damage per hit.
Shield has wrong card but still equipped for its 12% Neutral resist.
Any armor *should* work but went with Nature for bonus damage and Earth property.
Str is to help loot when Low/Mid TI aren't junk and can use Triple Poring with BotSG.
Last note, I hope they fix the RoR since a lot of my normal builds are kinda deadly unless I stack all my best stuff like I did here.

NCT at 150+ (BotSG, HFAW, and 91% Neutral resist)
Working on my next AB getting to 150 but was requested to see what NCT looks like so loaded up my 175 to show the build. Once I hit 150 again I'll try to do screens of that AB.
Spoiler

Notes:
Damage taken is 70-120, without Assumptio from RoR.
Damage from the BotSG is 4-5.5k for each meteor hit.
Map requires something to block the Dark element attacks. For this I have a Bathory carded Tidung but can use anything with Dark element.
I like using Happy Flapping Angel Wing over a Palace Guard Cap for the 50% damage. If you're dying though use the PGC to stack over the 93% or so Neutral element resist.
If you can spare the incoming damage then swap shadow shield to Flameguard Shadow for the 3% exp bonus

Since the screens can be hard to see the Cards are:
Upper - Lichtern Red
Armor - Bathory
Weapon - Cobalt Mineral and 3x Red Ferus (no one sells Cobalt cards otherwise make 4x of those)
Shield - Penomena
Garment - Deviling
Shoe - Green Cenre

Last note on this is I always tried to take the small room near the entrance of NCT since the larger areas have more chance for the MVP to spawn there or people dropping it on you.

Other Classes:
Here is my Geneticist setup too incase anyone was wondering what other classes look like
Spoiler

Gramps TI setups:
10/31/2019

If trying to level this week just reset to ME build and level normally in TI especially as these are tough to defend AFK this week.
Only 1 AB had access to Mid-TI which worked if I tucked it in the corner to reduce the amount of possible monster spawns but decided to move everyone to Low-TI instead.
After switching to Low-TI each character on their own was also being overwhelmed and couldn't survive the middle of the room like normal. Was able to use walls and keep my other characters nearby to share the spawns which made it manageable enough that no one was dying. Also a benefit of the characters being near to each other I was able to bring a Doram to share loot so I can spread the Jakk's Present drops around for more Jakk Hammer chances.
Gear wise the main difference is needing bleeding protection from Ungoliant carded headgear in both Low/Mid-TI maps. I also buffed up my defenses by borrowing gear from the SC, so 3 killers instead of 4. That extra defense was needed to makeup for the monster skill that changes your element to Undead, which blocks healing except from Green Cenere card. Also I still really need to find/equip my shadow gears...
Todo for next week especially with the Jakk's Presents being character bound I'm trying to collect new gears for a setup that gives enough gear based SP recovery for Cloaking Exceed to be left on permanently and then can use my GX for shared looting instead of only my Dorams. Also in the works is to test a +10 Mysterious Muffler and SP regen items for permanent level 3 cloak so any class can help with looting but have to wait on a week without Insect/Undead/Demon monsters.
Spoiler

10/24/2019
Spoiler

10/17/2019
Spoiler

List of Gramps TI

may I ask how is the leveling rate? like afking in NCT for one hours would have how much exp in like 150lv?

#9 betrayedprince

betrayedprince

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:11 AM

So reflecting damage triggers Meteor Storm when you equip Book of the Sun God? I'm new to the AFK leveling concept and from what I've read from your guide, that seems to be the case.

-X-

#10 Darkschn

Darkschn

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

Best GUIDE EVER!!!!!! thx bro!

#11 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:05 AM

I really need to update this guide especially as the Ring of Resonance has been fixed and it makes all these builds way easier to use...

may I ask how is the leveling rate? like afking in NCT for one hours would have how much exp in like 150lv?

Recently took an RG from 150 to 175 in just under two week in NCT. RG had VIP and I did run back to the bounty board 4-5 times a day to collect the exp from that too. To be honest I didn't really keep track of my exp but at level 150 you should see something like 3-10% exp per hour. Was getting a level and a half a day basically and noticed the bounty board count was done between 45 and 90 minutes. All that to say the point is to just leave your computer on and not worry about how long it takes lol. This is literally the slowest possible way to level. Any active playing of your character will net you more exp per hour but when you're done with playing then you put on the AFK sets and keep the exp trickling in until next time you're ready to play is a good way to think of how it should work.

#12 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:10 AM

Hey Ralen, what’s the change in ROR? May i know the effect before and after the change?

I have been following this thread for long time and thanks for all the advice!

I think best garment for NCT is the +9 HBP with Deviling Card? Since we will have either +9 Abyss Dress or Tidung with Bathory Card, that literally remove the possible element attack from NCT except for from Time Holder (correct me if I am wrong).

#13 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:34 PM

Hey Ralen, what’s the change in ROR? May i know the effect before and after the change?

I have been following this thread for long time and thanks for all the advice!

I think best garment for NCT is the +9 HBP with Deviling Card? Since we will have either +9 Abyss Dress or Tidung with Bathory Card, that literally remove the possible element attack from NCT except for from Time Holder (correct me if I am wrong).

Sorry not checking this thread as much as I should!

One of the random skills the ROR can cast was causing an issue with monsters despawning in a way that it didn't consider them killed. So because they weren't "dead" just removed from the map they didn't respawn. That particular (dancer?) skill was removed from the list of possible skills triggered by the ring so now the ROR is safe to use for its great healing and defensive properties! 

In almost all cases the best garment to use is still a Heroic Backpack at +9 and your base stats at 90 or more Vit. With those conditions met it gives 10% neutral resist, which you can then slap a Deviling card in it for a whopping 60% reduction. So to your question, Yes +9 HBP with Deviling is the best combo in NCT.

Another thing to note in NCT though is there is one other elemental attack which can kill you if you're extremely unlucky - Owl Marquis Thunderstorm. There are so few around that it usually doesn't matter but it's worth mentioning since it has happened on a rare occasion to me before. So not all deaths are from the MVP is something to keep in mind.

#14 DragonAco

DragonAco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:52 PM

Love your guide . Very straight to the point... I return player wanna try out afk build or while walking lvling.. But the only gear i gad is BSOGod. And lunar and green cenere card. Still not sure what shoes to slot in. And pendant harmony. ..

I think i left shadow gear and garment and armor >< .. The price in chaos is like gucci prada the branded shop

#15 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:46 AM

Yeah prices have been a bit crazy lately on Chaos but it sounds like you have the basics covered for doing good damage with an autocasting set. Though if you're taking a lot of damage you'll need a garment with Deviling.

Would recommend Hero Manteau at +12 for a Deviling card. I tested it recently and the description needs to be updated since the Set Malus seems to have been removed. With that one you can get a total of 83% Neutral Element resist which is an amazing amount to get from one slot.

As for what to put your Green Cenere into as far as I can tell there are only a handful of worthwhile options:
Lian Shoes for more Neutral element resistance

Enhanced Variant Shoes or Diabolus Boots (with D.Wing combo) for HP

Temporal Int Boots or D.Boots (with D.Wing combo) for mAtk.

When I'm not on AB but doing autocasting I sometimes use Bangungot Boots (Bayani) with Green Cenere for the boot's Agi Up effect. It's not too hard to farm the items needed to make it. But when I do autocasting on my AB skip Bangungot since I can just cast agi on myself so he wears Lian or D.Boots.

Edited by Ralen, 20 December 2020 - 01:06 AM.

#16 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:47 PM

Yeah prices have been a bit crazy lately on Chaos but it sounds like you have the basics covered for doing good damage with an autocasting set. Though if you're taking a lot of damage you'll need a garment with Deviling.

Would recommend Hero Manteau at +12 for a Deviling card. I tested it recently and the description needs to be updated since the Set Malus seems to have been removed. With that one you can get a total of 83% Neutral Element resist which is an amazing amount to get from one slot.

As for what to put your Green Cenere into as far as I can tell there are only a handful of worthwhile options:
Lian Shoes for more Neutral element resistance

Enhanced Variant Shoes or Diabolus Boots (with D.Wing combo) for HP

Temporal Int Boots or D.Boots (with D.Wing combo) for mAtk.

When I'm not on AB but doing autocasting I sometimes use Bangungot Boots (Bayani) with Green Cenere for the boot's Agi Up effect. It's not too hard to farm the items needed to make it. But when I do autocasting on my AB skip Bangungot since I can just cast agi on myself so he wears Lian or D.Boots.

hi, do you have sources say that the set malus of hero manteau with devling card is disabled? or have you tested it personally

Edit: nvm, i didnt read it correctly.

how about the star eyepatch 200 def middle headgear though? does it a good investment to have regarding for afk build? 

Edited by coolvampire, 24 December 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#17 ladivregor

ladivregor

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Thor

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:25 PM

Hello, do you have a guide same as this for Super Novice class and Rebel class?

Kinda hard to find one since some of the item/gears are not equip-able for expanded classes.

#18 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

Before I mention anything else I have to say, Rebelion should be literally the easiest class in the game to play and hit 175 so come on  :P

But anyway just this week I finished leveling my Doram to 150 which showed me the difficulty for expanded classes. The class restrictions on Ring of Resonance and Pendant of Harmony made things considerably harder that I had expected. Fortunately for myself I do have access to a Dark Lord card so on my Doram I used that card to help deal damage. Thinking it would help kill faster I also kept the Lunar Rainbow combo while leveling on Middle Gramps TI map. My plan basically was to stack as close to 100% Neutral Resist using the Hero Manteau and then equip items that activate on being hit instead of when reflecting. It didn't work that well last week with the mobs in the TI maps then but this week it did work well enough. Fortunately it wasn't terribly slow either as even at at 149 I was getting 4% per hour. To show what I found kinda works

Spoiler

That it is so expensive (Dark Lord card and the not very helpful Orc Hero/Orc Lord cards) and still only sometimes effective is why I didn't add this to the main guide but figured I'd show what I just used to reach 150. 

My Super Novice is still at 99 since I've been too lazy to uncap his level but I am planning to post an update once I've worked on him and he's at or past 150.

As for my Doram I still need to test in NCT so later on I will post his build too. 

Anyway not sure that helps since my solution was to throw a ton more premium gear at it which I know isn't really feasible for most players but hopefully answers your questions a bit.

Bit of a preview of what I was looking to add later to the main guide:

With builds for Expanded Classes, getting enough healing is a challenge! Since these classes are not able to equip the RoR and PoH accessories their healing potential is much lower than Third Classes. My solution to make AFK viable again is to increase Neutral resistance and Def to take the least amount of damage possible while relying on healing effects that activate on being hit instead of when reflecting damage. To give more healing as a supplement to the standard Green Cenere card, you can use a Muscipular card (which should be in an Immune Shield). Also worth noting if you have access to a Dark Lord card it is worth replacing the Green Cenere card in your shoes, then stacking even more NR/Def, and just use the Muscipular card to cover all the healing. Unlike the other builds where you want to find a balance to allow reflects, with this build you should stack all the defensive equipment you can so there is more chance for heals to cast while you take 1 damage. For me this meant getting over 95% Neutral Resist while also increasing my Def with a Star Eyepatch, Ring of Jupiter, and Medical Scrubs.

It's worth noting an additional problem with this build. Since you need to hold more mobs at once than normal AFK builds and can only start killing once more than 6-8 mobs are hitting you, you're pretty likely to be KS by other players. Your goal should be finding a corner where you can consistently have 8-12+ monsters hitting you to lower your defense and trigger reflect before you get KS! But if you have access to Dark Lord card that wouldn't be an issue since it can work with even 1 mob hitting you.

Short version: Stack def/NR, use Muscipular card, and these classes are way easier with DL card.

Edited by Ralen, 17 January 2021 - 10:08 PM.

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:08 PM

How about Campfire Hat?

#20 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:36 PM

Haven't tried Campfire Hat but that one along with Lion/Rhino/Elephant Model Hats, should all work as well. I'll have to test those all sometime but don't have a Campfire Hat or Rhino Model Hat yet. Also Ifrit Mask exists and works the same way but taking all headgear equip slots is terrible...

But yeah forgot these all were on hit instead of on reflect so thanks for the reminder!  :heh:

To be honest I was half thinking to avoid the upper headgear slot so I could use Palace Guard Cap and get 100% Neutral Resist with Immune Shield and Hero Manteau but getting more damage from an upper headgear likely is the better way to go.

Instead of a double post adding a note here:
The Hero Manteau has been updated to implement the Deviling Card Set Malus as mentioned in the description. So since it at best gives 53% Neutral Resist with a Raydric card there is not much point using it over a Deviant HBP (60%) or Etran's Undershirt (50%).

Edited by Ralen, 02 February 2021 - 01:58 PM.

#21 Sn4kEmx

Sn4kEmx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:15 PM

hello, 

iam trying afk build and i have 100% neutral redux but im  getting more than 1 damage my redux gears are:

13% +13 PALACE GUARD

5% 3D GLASSES

5% TIDUNG

13% +12 IMMUNE SHIELD

60% HEROIC BACK PACK WITH DEVILING

2% IMMNUNE SHADOW ARMOR + ATHENA SHADOW SHIELD

2% ATHENA SHADOW EARRING + RESIST SPELL POWER SHADOW

does some one know what iam doing wrong?

#22 chiefkikahoe

chiefkikahoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:48 PM

I think you might be at 99% because immune shield caps at 12% neutral resistance

“Reduces damage received from [Neutral] element attacks by 1% for every refinement to the item beyond +5, to a limit of 7%.
If upgraded +7 or higher:
Reduces damage received from [Neutral] element attacks by 5%.“

#23 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:26 PM

hello, 

iam trying afk build and i have 100% neutral redux but im  getting more than 1 damage my redux gears are:

13% +13 PALACE GUARD

5% 3D GLASSES

5% TIDUNG

13% +12 IMMUNE SHIELD

60% HEROIC BACK PACK WITH DEVILING

2% IMMNUNE SHADOW ARMOR + ATHENA SHADOW SHIELD

2% ATHENA SHADOW EARRING + RESIST SPELL POWER SHADOW

does some one know what iam doing wrong?

If you're receiving a lot more than 1 damage with that setup then you're either taking damage from a skill, which wouldn't be reduced by neutral element, or you don't have 90 Vit to make the bonus from the Heroic Backpack work. If you have assigned less than 90 base points to Vit then HBP gives 50% reduction instead of 60%.

Also what chief said looks correct, but even at 99% you should see less than 10 damage per hit from almost every monster in the game.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 June 2021 - 01:57 PM

status atk isnt reduced by neutral damage reduction

#25 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 04:10 PM

status atk isnt reduced by neutral damage reduction

hmm that doesn't sound right. Even the wiki says this:

"StatusATK This is derived from the player's Base LevelStrDex and Luk. This is always considered as Neutral property unless the player uses Mild Wind."

Or am I not reading that right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users