New Player finding it hard to stay. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Player finding it hard to stay.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#1 Melongod

Melongod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

Numbers are extremely inflated from damage being done. 
Also, things are FAR too mobby unless you have a Billion trillion zenny to buy the BEST of the BEST of the BEST stuff to do a silly quest to give you some experience.  

Shrink your numbers. 
Remove the INSANE amount of damage people do down to reasonable levels.
Remove extremely aggressive mobby areas where people can't even function (again unless you have a +10 EVERYTHING ON YOUR CHARACTER) some of us are down right broke and new.?

Trying to give this game a shot but its literally STACKED AGAINST the new player, I dont have one single max character or anything, I'm JUST trying to level and it's ABSURD the amount of damage some of these QUEST mobs for leveling dish out. And the pots, my god they get burned through so fast. 

This game I suppose will be a forever home to those IN POWER already with large copious amounts of zenny and equipment for all their characters. 

New players who are broke and just trying to get a foot ahead can't even survive a lvl 100+> quest if it gets too mobby. It's ridiculous. Just TRYING to level. 

#2 Melongod

Melongod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:15 PM

I've played iro since 2003/4 (long damn time ago) and A LOT has changed since then. I've played off and on through out the years but I'm essentually a freaking noob at this point about a lot of stuff.  Doesnt even completely feel like the same game sometimes. Just came back a few days ago, I had to log after getting my ass handed to me in a mob infested area that I'm suppose to go to for a quest (I'm level 108 Git.Cross) and that is my highest character. 

#3 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

What quest exactly that you're struggling with. Also, have you tried playing with other people/friends?

Edited by nyyaan, 05 August 2019 - 07:55 PM.

#4 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

Well, thats me in 2016 haha, being also GX i am willing to help and maybe explain things.

but yes, i agree

the environment is so hard for newcomers especially the one who is so very new like only started for lv1 novice.

there is some mob are that are specific to class, which is easy to kill for GX (specified in single kill, not mobbing) and so on.

#5 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:50 PM

alright so, you picked GX as your first character.

Let’s start with:
What is your current stat build and equipment build?

Second:
Where are you trying to level?

Third:
How much zeny have you made?

Fourth:
Where have you looked for guidance in regards to your character? And how long have you been playing?

I can assure you you don’t need billions and trillions to level up a character. There’s a progression that people may follow, it’s just the nature of the game to see people deal insane amounts of damage in the long run, everyone will get stronger eventually but, I can assure you you can make it, let’s work through this out first and people will surely come in and pitch in to help. (I’m also interested in helping). Let’s start! :)

#6 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:58 PM

Don't just go solo. Play with other friends and ocialize with other people. Also read guides and tips  :) I'd suggest to look on this post > https://forums.warpp...wal-recruiting/

People nowadays use discord to communicate, host party, ET, etc. 

#7 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

1. Work Hard in real life

2. Buy WP

#8 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:20 PM

make friends, play with them, level with them, farm with them, the end.

#9 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

Make a Royal guard and join Klief's King Grace. Thanks me later lol

https://discordapp.com/invite/mcFMgd6

#10 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:02 AM

What captain Sunbear asked.

Sure there are the best of the best cash shop gears now but leveling was fine with ingame items.

Mora's Nab Cloth, Nab ring, Thanatos Katar are all somewhat free if you do the quest.

Mobby and Mass-killing means time efficient if you can. 

If you can't then try to hit passive mobs that you can hit 1 by 1. There are a lot of maps out there (apart from the recommended lvling spots) that offers decent exp/hour and doesn't have that much aggresive mobs at the same time.

For HP/SP problem.... You're a GX  :heh: .

Try to get a Thanatos Katar either buying it from ragial.com (ingame vends about 33m) or do Ghost Palace (https://irowiki.org/wiki/Ghost_Palace) when you're 120.

I want to suggest partying but then, too many solo-able people these days. But I'm sure you can still find parties for Mid-TI. (I heard Juno is the new recruiting spot)

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:28 AM

As opposite to what ppl seem to be thinking nowadays
Best in slot =/= required

Of course you will barely find any pic/video of anyone leveling with just the minimal required gear, ppl like to show off. But what is actually needed to get by in many stages of the game is many many many times cheaper than what ppl advocate for.

#12 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:15 AM

Ranger is the cheapest and easy farm in iro.

#13 Melongod

Melongod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

Wow, you guys actually give a damn. That's good at least to see the community responds with useful information. I appreciate the tips. 

The quest I was trying to do was a Geffen Quest that the old man (Gramps) gives you behind the desk in the Eden section. Geffen Dungeon 101-125 was the area I needed to complete the quest, not far after entering and trying to take a few things out within 3 min I spent a ton of pots and was mobbed like mad. My stats going in (after buffs) were STR - 105, AGI - 107, VIT - 40, INT - 11, DEX - 85, LUCK - 43. Equipment is +6 Morrigane Set, Pirate Dagger, +4 Morrigane Manteau, Morriganes Belt, Robo Eye, +7 Diabolus Armor of Wild Cat (+25 ATK/-5 Def) Eden Group Boots, Morriganes Pendant. Weapons are of Katar variety, +5 Hybrid Double Flammable Katar of Frozen Icicle, +8 Hybrid Double Malicious Jur, +7 Valorous Blood Tears and a +6 Inverse Scale. 

My build has been working rather well for me before when leveling, I can handle a degree of mobs but my complaint was coming from an OVERWHELMING amount of enemies. Also, most of my play time is indeed solo, I don't have a guild or a group I run with on this game. I just play a variety of characters and try to enjoy it. I sometimes get to play with ONE other person, and when she plays I'm leveling a healer w/ her. But my GX and other characters so far has been solo all the way so far. 

#14 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:41 AM

You should be able to lvl and farm faceworm and ogh with very basic gear, and then sell it's rewards for zeny. Also, i recommend making an archbishop on another acc so u can drag it around for instances/leveling, it helps a lot with hit/dmg checks and with supply use.

edit: if you can't mob lots of monsters without dying then just don't >_> as a new player u shouldnt be trying to play like those +10 dudes u talk about

Edited by junioran, 06 August 2019 - 06:44 AM.

#15 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:54 AM

Junioran he was trying gramps mid ti solo and this mid TI has seekers in it along with lava golems.

It’s not an easy matchup

melongod, at least I can redirect you to try these:

https://irowiki.org/...s#Level_100-110

You fight 30 monsters of each and submit for exp, you can do these every so often. If you find a monster you can comfortably fight and mob then you can proceed by doing the bounty board for that monster:

See:
https://irowiki.org/...ty_Board_Quests

Some monsters from those missions are the same as some of the bounty board missions. I recommend to find one you can take down such as raydric for example and fight those till 111, you could also end up with a raydric card and elunium. Additionally I would set small goals, for instance reaching level 120 will allow you to equip Thanatos katar which has a %chance to leech HP and SP back with each attack, furthermore hunter fly card is a card that goes well with it.

For your armor you can equip an armor with Earth Deleter Card , it gives you 10 sp back with each monster you kill with your melee attacks. It goes great with rolling cutter build

You don’t seem to be doing bad at all, but you could maybe go do these missions instead of trying to take on that gramps map on your own. Maybe just to build up your character a bit. (I personally recommend a bit more vitality from here on out to prevent stun)

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

snatch a Variant Shoes, it's cheap and much more benefitial to you than eden boots.

morrigane set is alright for single target, but you may want to start looking at options that let you kill packs of monsters more effectively. You will be using Rolling Cutter for that, EDP will mostly solve any damage issues you have while leveling. Now you need to work on your recovery and making sure you don't die. For that, grab some neutral reduction as it will reduce enemies autoattacks, wich is like 90% of the damage you take, and maybe enhance your recovery with other hp leech gears. Once you hit 120 you gain access to a weapon that can very well serve you until max lvl very effectively.

Make sure you always have enough hit rate for the targets you are going against. If you miss you don't deal damage = you don't leech life back = they take longer to die = they deal more damage over time. And bump your vit to have a more confortable HP pool to work with, it also boosts healing items effectiveness if you happen to use them, and provides stun resistance wich can be troublesome in some places.

#17 Klief

Klief

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Make a Royal guard and join Klief's King Grace. Thanks me later lol

https://discordapp.com/invite/mcFMgd6

LMFAO  :heh:

#18 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Ah Mid TI.. no wonder. Range mobs are never good for GX because you can't proc your leech. They hurt.

Instead of that might I recommend your Nogg 1 or Nogg 2. Nogg 2 is less mobby and you definitely need a fire armor to survive Nogg 2 (EDP Recommended).

Even at High TI for 126-150, if its range mob this week. Its most likely a no-no for GX.

And believe me, even using BILLIONS worth of gears a range mob tends to masacre us with the amount of pots we need just to stay alive.

#19 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

can act as a semi puller/tank on a party setting 

equip morri set, two fortune swords, and a wild rose carded footgear. 70+ perfect dodge + backslide for position

#20 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

Wow, you guys actually give a damn. That's good at least to see the community responds with useful information. I appreciate the tips. 

The quest I was trying to do was a Geffen Quest that the old man (Gramps) gives you behind the desk in the Eden section. Geffen Dungeon 101-125 was the area I needed to complete the quest, not far after entering and trying to take a few things out within 3 min I spent a ton of pots and was mobbed like mad. My stats going in (after buffs) were STR - 105, AGI - 107, VIT - 40, INT - 11, DEX - 85, LUCK - 43. Equipment is +6 Morrigane Set, Pirate Dagger, +4 Morrigane Manteau, Morriganes Belt, Robo Eye, +7 Diabolus Armor of Wild Cat (+25 ATK/-5 Def) Eden Group Boots, Morriganes Pendant. Weapons are of Katar variety, +5 Hybrid Double Flammable Katar of Frozen Icicle, +8 Hybrid Double Malicious Jur, +7 Valorous Blood Tears and a +6 Inverse Scale. 

My build has been working rather well for me before when leveling, I can handle a degree of mobs but my complaint was coming from an OVERWHELMING amount of enemies. Also, most of my play time is indeed solo, I don't have a guild or a group I run with on this game. I just play a variety of characters and try to enjoy it. I sometimes get to play with ONE other person, and when she plays I'm leveling a healer w/ her. But my GX and other characters so far has been solo all the way so far. 

As long as you're a good guy, Justice will be with you man  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

#21 thiagomestres

thiagomestres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:10 AM

Best advice i can give you: keep an eye for events that reward you with good items. They are the best way for newbies to make money in this server at least.

If i were you, i would buy an enforcer shoes when i had enough money and i would reset my build to focus on Meteor Assault, cuz in my opinion it's one of the easiest and cheapest builds to level. Then, after leveling, you could sell the MA equipment and just reset the build to make something of your liking. It's going to be relatively easy to sell these equipments.

Edited by thiagomestres, 07 August 2019 - 01:11 AM.

#22 VileCharmander

VileCharmander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:13 AM

can act as a semi puller/tank on a party setting 

equip morri set, two fortune swords, and a wild rose carded footgear. 70+ perfect dodge + backslide for position

I second this thought. I got a bunch of perfect dodge gear for pretty cheap for my GX a while back, and it really reduces the pot consumption considerably. Consider:

UFO Poring Hat - 5 PD

Poring Card in any slotted armor - 1PD

+10 Old Morroc Shawl + Choco card - 30 PD  <- probably the most expensive piece. A clean Old Morroc Shawl averages 120M zeny on Ragial, but getting it to +10 will cost you the various Elu's and prayers to RNGesus...

Wild Rose Card in any slotted shoe - 5PD

Two Yoyo Cards in any slotted accessories - 10PD

Two Fortune Swords - 40PD

That'll give you 92 perfect dodge right there. As you gain levels you can add points to your Luck, and once you hit 80 you'll be at 100PD. Then the magic happens... or something.

#23 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:28 AM

I suggest looking for an active/semi-active guild or even joining the "BioLabs Leveling & More Group" on Discord if you want to find some people to play with! :) Good-luck! 

#24 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:18 AM

With that gear, i think it is better to do 110-120 quest than to rush TI with ranged monster, honestly with my 130 GX, versus ranged monster is pretty hard, let alone seeker which have high hit. Also, dont forget to spam EDP

#25 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

OCPs are so damn cheap comparing to getting end-game gears like 5 years ago. Only need like 100 bucks, you can easily get 5-10b from selling OCPs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users