cant trade over 1b and dont know who to trust............ - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

cant trade over 1b and dont know who to trust............

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

This is becoming a real headache...

I want to buy mob scarf.. check eden and find someone selling it... try to trade.. they say must do 2 x trades 1b and 500m

Im not mega rich like some and 1.5b is lots of money to me...

how can I trust them?

how can I buy it?

why is this system so ****

#2 AlohaJayce

AlohaJayce

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

Take screenshots/recording of the deal. Have the item verified by sending a ticket to GM when the deal has been made.

#3 bon1ns3gnA

bon1ns3gnA

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

This is becoming a real headache...

I want to buy mob scarf.. check eden and find someone selling it... try to trade.. they say must do 2 x trades 1b and 500m

Im not mega rich like some and 1.5b is lots of money to me...

how can I trust them?

how can I buy it?

why is this system so ****

No worries, just take screenshot every single trade.
And if s/he scamming you, just sent all the screenshot to GM, they will return it if you have enough proof

#4 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

This is such a hassle when you only have an hour or so to play, cant trade anything. Add in gold chests already and fix the problem.

1 Gold Chest = 1,000,000,000 Zeny

Gold Chests are a tradable item like a Jellopy.

Gold chests can be transferred back into zeny form via NPC. (vice versa)

Eg. I Trade 5 Gold Chests For Your Devilring Card.

Add it already!! This is what other games have done.

Edited by FatalityX, 08 August 2019 - 06:03 PM.

#5 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

This is such a hassle when you only have an hour or so to play, cant trade anything. Add in gold chests already and fix the problem.

Dupe

#6 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:04 PM

Then the games screwed lol, I give up.  Cant win :(

#7 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

What if they do it like what the Gm did with the OGH loots, they can keep track of the zeny trade flows more easily

#8 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

you can trust me :3

#9 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

I'm like SO totally trustworthy. Doesn't help much though since I'm not selling one.

But yeah, screenshots/recordings/ask to see item first. Not much else you can do unfortunately.

I've given an alternative multiple times that would correct that issue within the system limitations this game has but I'm well aware it'll never happen.

I can however offer to buy it for you though and then trade it back.

#10 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

Record a trade and make a short clip in case -_- happens. Also, dont your friends have a Mob to sell? 

I think I have an extra Mob. I can help you. Make sure to submit a ticket to get it verified too beacuse I never submit a ticket to verify my items (and i wonder why my items keep disappearing lol)

#11 Vladdin

Vladdin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:58 AM

Take screenshots of the trade and the conversation.

Also know how to make a support ticket.

#12 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:36 PM

Record a trade and make a short clip in case -_- happens. Also, dont your friends have a Mob to sell? 

I think I have an extra Mob. I can help you. Make sure to submit a ticket to get it verified too beacuse I never submit a ticket to verify my items (and i wonder why my items keep disappearing lol)

how does it work exactly? I am not sure i understand what verified means here .. if you can see the item on them or through the trade window is that not verified ?

And how will it work? is it available 24/7 this service?

#13 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:53 PM

sounds good  , not sure what is the difficulty in implementing this 

#14 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:09 AM

Scenario:
>Player makes 1 Gold Chest item worth 1b.
>Player dupes the Gold Chest item and makes +16 more duplicates.
>Player now has 16b worth in zeny from illegal source. (17b total)

You'd think that that's the worst part yet but wait until all that zeny gets spent on player vends and dozens of legitimate players and their vended items get involved. And then support tickets fly

Edited by ninJedi, 04 September 2019 - 01:10 AM.

#15 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:31 AM

The main culprits here are either Duping or RMT. Verified/Verification/GM Verification colloquially refer to the aspect of sending in a support ticket asking a GM Staff to verify the legitimacy of said item. Such an item, having passed rigorous (ahem!) Q&A will be deemed as a valid item that was obtained via proper channels. The aforementioned item having been obtained lawfully is now considered fit to be bartered or traded for other items. Or, if you're the guy sending the ticket for verification, you can rest assured (if the item is deemed legit) that at no point in the future said item will suddenly vanish from your character/storage (cough! cough!). The service is available 24/7 although the reply times vary because the staff is outsourced. You have to create a support account and verify the email. The forum account is separate from the support account although you can use the same email you used to create the forum account.

tl;dr: GM verification is used to verify whether an item is valid/counterfeit/illegally sourced. If it is considered invalid, all trades conditions apply are reversed wherever applicable and said item is wiped out of existence.

#16 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:50 AM

At the very least, even if you can't trust the person you're dealing with, then atleast make sure you can trust the screenshots/replays you saved as evidence.

#17 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:19 AM

Scenario:

You'd think that that's the worst part yet but wait until all that zeny gets spent on player vends and dozens of legitimate players and their vended items get involved. And then support tickets fly

is that a real thing on iro?

Daaam , ive been out of the game for too long ....  

-_-" and the inflation is pretty bad as it is...

that is pretty -_-ty 

#18 Varignon

Varignon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence Quit

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:25 AM

You record your deals and make a private chat only that you the buyer and the seller only know the password to avoid scams. Record is just a big proof to your deals.

#19 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:35 AM

Just to add some info,

Transactions are already logged server end, it is that the agreement is not. If you and the seller/buyer agrees on part of the trade then screenshot that.

There have been number of incidents where the GM staff requested of the user to provide screenshots of a trade when things went south. It is not that they do not have the trade info, it is to verify authenticity of the trade (agreement) itself. If you want to be extra safe then there is no harm in screenshot-ing the trade from A to Z, including the agreement. I hope that makes sense.

#20 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:47 AM

Scenario:

Just had "that moment when" type of feeling. I agree that duping makes it possible to massively inflate economy if such an exchange was made possible. But what if a player could only exchange zeny for said chest/item and the only way to get the zeny back was to ticket it in and have the staff verify the legitimacy of the chest/item. Post that, the staff will then add zeny to whichever characters the end user lists. I know its a long about way but at least with this, even if the duper duped, since the duped item has no origin in and of itself, they stand to gain nothing as there is no npc to exchange said chest/item to zeny in-game in a direct way. Then again, this is just wishful thinking like all good things.

#21 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:07 AM

At the beginning when i just started, i always made the effort to get the seller to pass me an item worth the zenny i gave first. You can do that too.

Like for your mob scarf,

First trade:

500M from you, and a 500M item from your seller

Second Trade:

1B + the 500M item return to seller,  and the mob scarf from your seller.

If you really cant trust someone, you can try this too. Many times, people just gave me the full item irst and expect me to give zenny later cuz they are less afraid of than i was.

Nowadays i don't really care though, zenny comes too easily when you have many max chars...xD

#22 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:37 AM

Just had "that moment when" type of feeling. I agree that duping makes it possible to massively inflate economy if such an exchange was made possible. But what if a player could only exchange zeny for said chest/item and the only way to get the zeny back was to ticket it in and have the staff verify the legitimacy of the chest/item. Post that, the staff will then add zeny to whichever characters the end user lists. I know its a long about way but at least with this, even if the duper duped, since the duped item has no origin in and of itself, they stand to gain nothing as there is no npc to exchange said chest/item to zeny in-game in a direct way. Then again, this is just wishful thinking like all good things.

Adding gm verification to the item-to-zeny step?

If the gm's/staff are fine with all the extra workload then that could probably work :o

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

if you are okay with slower support responses of any matter

#24 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

The solution I'd love to see would involve a system with tokens that work like a key for a vault.

My solution for duping issues would be to start with a token with a random number as part of its name. Once you have the token's number you can go to a NPC and deposit the zeny you want placed in the vault which matches the number from the token . 

These tokens would be account bound when the vault is still accepting more deposits.

Once you're done loading zeny into the vault the token is then exchanged for a tradable ticket representing that vault.

Importantly once a vault is associated with one of the tradable tickets the vault is flagged to block depositing additional zeny.

The tradable ticket when right clicked should show how much zeny is left in that vault.

To claim the zeny you trade the ticket to a NPC which then gives you an account bound redemption token.

NPC then checks the vault tied to that token and then allows your character to withdraw zeny until the account is at zero at which point you are able to return the token itself for 10% of the purchase price (thinking token itself should be like 10m).

So unless someone dupes every possible numbered ticket this key system should be safe. Also even if the ticket is duped the zeny itself is never duped as the ticket is just the key to the vault holding that particular amount of zeny. 

#25 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

i thought they dupe everything anyway lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users