What does it really take for updates to be "approved"? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What does it really take for updates to be "approved"?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Penguins

Penguins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

https://forums.warpp...list/?p=2885140

What takes so long for updates to be "approved" once our publisher requests them? Should the dev team want publishers to make more money? Help us help them, more publisher makes, more they make! Is it that our local publisher has to pay too much for them? Is the iRO warp portal team short on funds? Like honest question. Is there anything we as a community can do? If the publisher needs help, perhaps a gofundme/kickstarter can get help from the community.

Are we forced to do a boycott? Stop supporting the game and let it die (more than it already is)?

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

I would be interested to know too, especially in light of the "recent" feedback threads where they ask what we would like to see in the game. It would help us keep suggestions realistic. And manage our own expectations. Seeing such threads die with no staff response for months paints a bad picture.

#3 EggShen

EggShen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

Yes I too would like to know if there is a schedule for this year, already half over. It seems the last major thread was 2017/2018 and had many promises of content delivery, but most fell short.

#4 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

I’ve asked this before in an FAQ thread I believe. I got the same response of whenever the studio sends it.

I’ve seen streamers from TWRO and they have so many more updates and well, it is very discouraging in one sense.

What is it that enables us to get updates? Is it the lack of developers to work on the data received and fix any issues? I have people who view my stream and ask me if iRO is outdated or why am I playing iRO when it’s outdated.

There’s people who still wait for the illusion glove combo fix and I personally am still waiting to hear back on the Thanatos weapons enchants from Ghost Palace.

Even without having all the updates there’s things missing here and there and it’s hard to to keep going when there is no response on the FAQ thread and also no response on the RO feedback thread. From what I read people on iro had been asked for feedback before and nothing really changed...

In all, some people enjoy the game but seeing how other servers get full updates while we barely get much nowadays (last thing was what? Illusion of Frozen? How long ago was that?

But yes back to the original question: what’s it gonna take to get updates approved? There’s just too much that is missing....

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

In no mod voice..

It is questionable how iRO lacks crucial updates. It is not like we aren't getting anything, it is how they are being delivered. Bits from here and there that make no sense whatsoever, and more importantly them submarine undocumented changes. It would make more sense to get an update as a FULL package even if it means a couple episodes behind. Sadly, they are being delivered as droplets, and from my own observation in no order. I highly doubt WP can control in what shape updates should be delivered. That's said, I am doubtful if they will tell us the mechanics of update delivery but one could hope.

Personally speaking and I mean no disrespect, I prefer surprise updates to our Sakray server than wait patiently for so called future update schedules :)

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:30 AM

Personally speaking and I mean no disrespect, I prefer surprise updates to our Sakray server than wait patiently for so called future update schedules :)

That was par for the course before the community got together in 2013 and compiled all the updates we were missing. I dare say if we didn't come up with those threads, we could very well be even farther behind than we are now given that iRO didn't even know we were missing updates at all.

#7 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

That was par for the course before the community got together in 2013 and compiled all the updates we were missing. I dare say if we didn't come up with those threads, we could very well be even farther behind than we are now given that iRO didn't even know we were missing updates at all.

Totally true and sad at the same time.

#8 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

While compares to other local servers IRO still has a better QoL and update TBH.

EURO just encountered the doom. There is no migration while changing the publisher from Whybe to Innova (4game). And Innova will open revo classic server only, starts from second classes. So the renewal server in EURO has been lost forever.

#9 bielzinpk

bielzinpk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

Honestly i feel at this point that Gravity just want to let the game die and move on, mobile is the future anyway.

#10 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Honestly i feel at this point that Gravity just want to let the game die and move on, mobile is the future anyway.

Mobile is the future because Gravity knows how -_- up they are or how -_- their mobile game is, people will jump in to spend money, buy MvPs cards and cash buffs, and try to be the best on a 6 hotkeys game. You'd lol so hard if you read conversation between RoM pros as if they never played Renewal before lol ... anyway ... even RoM is very trash, many people even hype Tencent and are probably ready to spend tons of money on it.

Point is yes, quick fast massive cash ... who doesnt like it. I like it. Gravity likes it. 

#11 yosummer

yosummer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

"Bits from here and there that make no sense whatsoever, and more importantly them submarine undocumented changes"

#12 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

I highly doubt kRO even cares or knows how to balance updates. This is the same entity that gave us OCP with the bsb and no refinement UI update. Camp had to script Blessed Hammer after a year of no-show. You'd think they would at least have managed to give us that one update seeing how bsb are still being pedaled in the boxes. Something that breaks class and level restrictions which has been the norm for years, allowing you to refine on any character; nope. Let's ask for videos for our new Zero game yo. Studio rules and in an update fight, the Studio always wins.

#13 bielzinpk

bielzinpk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

Mobile is the future because Gravity knows how -_- up they are or how -_- their mobile game is, people will jump in to spend money, buy MvPs cards and cash buffs, and try to be the best on a 6 hotkeys game. You'd lol so hard if you read conversation between RoM pros as if they never played Renewal before lol ... anyway ... even RoM is very trash, many people even hype Tencent and are probably ready to spend tons of money on it.

Point is yes, quick fast massive cash ... who doesnt like it. I like it. Gravity likes it. 

They realized the success of the franchised RoM's and are making their own, btw.

#14 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

not like this is the first step, but if some of you did sorta tune into old threads properly you would see a pattern by which it describes what gets approved and what doesn't

bounty boards continuation is a plus. in my opinion, it probably became possible thanks to restart and classic server closure in some way that would just be too complex if i start to explain lol

#15 3505170703074552307

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:04 PM

hapBqQJ.gif

#16 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:12 PM

I highly doubt kRO even cares or knows how to balance updates. This is the same entity that gave us OCP with the bsb and no refinement UI update. Camp had to script Blessed Hammer after a year of no-show. You'd think they would at least have managed to give us that one update seeing how bsb are still being pedaled in the boxes. Something that breaks class and level restrictions which has been the norm for years, allowing you to refine on any character; nope. Let's ask for videos for our new Zero game yo. Studio rules and in an update fight, the Studio always wins.

cmiiw kRO doesn't have OCP, do they? instead they have tons of shadow gears. I think, besides jRO, only iRO and idRO have OCP gears.

idRO is relaunching the game this september (originally june but got delayed). And they say there will be no OCP in the new server. Though there will also be migration server from previous distributor and on that server they had OCP. Idk what they will do about that. They ask the users about what we want in the new server. Basically everyone says we want a copy of kRO. And so they officially announced on their facebook that they're gonna 100% follow kRO contents. We'll start with episode 15 (Doram) with the newest UI, and gradually catching up to kRO within the next months. At least that's what they promise.

Anyway i've been wondering too, what stops iRO from copying everything from kRO? Do they really need to pay for every little update?

I've only played renewal in iRO (only played classic in idRO and never played renewal private server). I hear people say iRO has many customizations? If that's true could that cause the delay on updates?

@Sigma Are you from thailand? Is there currently renewal server in thailand? I wanna try out other official renewal servers. But there doesn't seem to be many choices left.

#17 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:24 PM

actually no, every single official server that is still alive and in renewal has some sort of OCP atm.

Only kRO and jRO are kept totally separate since they own their server’s game development rights. The rest of us are some sort of mix and match with kRO content and jRO items.

JRO items initially came as a result of kRO not delivering content anyways. Almost all of the players can see jRO players having new stuff at that time period and so importing their items were the fastest and easiest way to deliver new stuff and earn money from it. Trust me if idRO were to follow 100% kRO content, huge chances are that it will end up at the whims of kRO’s content delivery like iRO and eventually have nothing for players to do.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 11 August 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#18 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:42 PM

We were gonna follow kRO route originally (with the shadow gears), but the community backslash was so huge when the penetration/tempest sets were to be introduced that they decided to go the jRO route instead (with the ocps). Which is funny, cuz ocp is just as broken as the shadow system ppl were so afraid of.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

We were gonna follow kRO route originally (with the shadow gears), but the community backslash was so huge when the penetration/tempest sets were to be introduced that they decided to go the jRO route instead (with the ocps). Which is funny, cuz ocp is just as broken as the shadow system ppl were so afraid of.

We haven't followed kRO since 2010 (maybe even since 2008 since that's when iRO decided to fight for localization rights) and that's long before shadow gears were even a thing.

#20 junioran

junioran

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

Sorry, i was talking specifically about the cash shop power creep route.

#21 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

cmiiw kRO doesn't have OCP, do they? instead they have tons of shadow gears. I think, besides jRO, only iRO and idRO have OCP gears.

idRO is relaunching the game this september (originally june but got delayed). And they say there will be no OCP in the new server. Though there will also be migration server from previous distributor and on that server they had OCP. Idk what they will do about that. They ask the users about what we want in the new server. Basically everyone says we want a copy of kRO. And so they officially announced on their facebook that they're gonna 100% follow kRO contents. We'll start with episode 15 (Doram) with the newest UI, and gradually catching up to kRO within the next months. At least that's what they promise.

Anyway i've been wondering too, what stops iRO from copying everything from kRO? Do they really need to pay for every little update?

I've only played renewal in iRO (only played classic in idRO and never played renewal private server). I hear people say iRO has many customizations? If that's true could that cause the delay on updates?

@Sigma Are you from thailand? Is there currently renewal server in thailand? I wanna try out other official renewal servers. But there doesn't seem to be many choices left.

I'll answer your question to me first.

There is renewal server in Thailand but it was migrated from previous publisher.

We are waiting a new hope on Gravity Game Tech, Gravity subsidiary in Thailand that just recently established.

#22 Schokoramell

Schokoramell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

actually no, every single official server that is still alive and in renewal has some sort of OCP atm.

Only kRO and jRO are kept totally separate since they own their server’s game development rights. The rest of us are some sort of mix and match with kRO content and jRO items.

JRO items initially came as a result of kRO not delivering content anyways. Almost all of the players can see jRO players having new stuff at that time period and so importing their items were the fastest and easiest way to deliver new stuff and earn money from it. Trust me if idRO were to follow 100% kRO content, huge chances are that it will end up at the whims of kRO’s content delivery like iRO and eventually have nothing for players to do.

I stand corrected. What about twRO? Do you know if they have OCP over there as well? idRO is under gravity game link now. Apparently it shares the same name as the company that distributes twRO and kRO. Cmiiw again. Even the new idRO website has the word "gnjoy" in it (ro.gnjoy.id), same as kRO website (ro.gnjoy.com). So i'm hopeful about the new server. maybe if i know how internet address works, i wouldn't be so hopeful. But i don't know how it works and i'm gullible hehehe. Please don't tell me how it works. i don't want to lose hope xD. and sry for the terrible joke.

I wonder why iRO decided to import jRO gears instead of the rest of the shadow gears? Don't shadow gears allow for new builds as well? They're both pay2win contents. But at least shadow gears aren't using the main equipment slot. So when new contents/equipment finally come, none of them will be replaced by existing cash shop equipment or have their value lessen. In return people will have more relevant things to do/farm from new contents.

more about shadow gears (not important, tl;dr)

Spoiler

#23 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

if idRO comes from same distributor as twRO, you can be happy and sad at the same time.

TwRO does have OCP items too (but not as many as us), but they cost a HUGE bomb there since most of them maintain rarity in the lootbox (like S rank), and they don't follow the rules, so even in-game jRO items like the RSX armor got imported into their server as lootbox. At the same time, i think they have better relationship with kRO than us because they've been getting content updates at quite a good pace. They've recently just received the 185 last month if i'm not wrong, plus almost all of the new class balance patches.

For idRO, it means 2 things. First, prepare for some sort of huge cash grab. TwRO publishers are known for it. Two, you probably can get content update if they are dedicated to the server (translation should be the main issue since twRO already got the patch data).

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 11 August 2019 - 10:59 PM.

#24 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

Community didnt want MvP shadows, so we got OCPs. I still remember how hard I laughed when we started getting OCPs  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:07 AM

technically most of RO's cash shop items originally come from jRO. Even something ppl dont mind like Rideword hat is from there, and some other old ass (now basically useless) items are from there as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users