Classic > Renewal - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Classic > Renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 funny4life

funny4life

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

Please consider recreating a classic server. 

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

How+About+No.jpg

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:12 PM

Classic had 7 years to work, iRO decided that was long enough.

#4 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

What about iRO? Gravity doesnt seem to stop making new RO mobiles to milk players. iRO gonna have to wait for many more years to come :^)

#5 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

Based on KRO.
Classic began on 2002 and ended on 2008 when renewal was implemented.
So the lifetime of Classic is around 6 years, compared to 11 years of renewal.

This classic nostalgia happens on around the world even in KRO.

I guess because of the good time they faced on early classic era. So they want to feel that happiness again.

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Do classic tards also play using dial-up modems, pentium 4 and on windows xp?

#7 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

I remember the dial-up modems. Damn, couldnt pick up a home phone hahaha

#8 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:52 PM

I want to post but Cinnamon will surely delete my post. 

Try harder to propose new classic server. Good luck.

Protip: You can't

#9 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Forum bot voice:

Hello, it appears you are interested in the subject: Classic Server.

You might also be interested in the following:

https://forums.warpp...ar-warp-portal/

https://forums.warpp...t-announcement/

#10 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:54 AM

lots of people want classic because they think renewal was a trash show, so much more stuff was bad than good, tbh theres little good in renewal at all. Party play was killed, PvP was killed, WoE was killed, everything got build up with the intention in mind to milk people with cash shop items (they butchered dex cast formula just to sell their % cast reduction crap which comes almost exclusively from cashshop for example)

But if you just setup a classic server, let it run til you run out of classic updates and let it rot and do nothing for it like warpportal did you dont need to bother, those server will obviously die. You'd have to create new content and basically re-do renewal all over again, but gravity pissed off their enormous customer base for 1 1/2 decades now, not even being able to do something about the bot infestation for years and years, let alone create good content in the past 10 years.

Best they come up with are these revo-classic servers that reek of cashshop even with classic content, they say they combine the best both styles has to offer, truth is, they just scam the hell out of the last few customers they have, because all these revo-classic server die, as did restart.

Edited by Netha, 20 August 2019 - 03:55 AM.

#11 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

lots of people want classic because they think renewal was a trash show, so much more stuff was bad than good, tbh theres little good in renewal at all. Party play was killed, PvP was killed, WoE was killed, everything got build up with the intention in mind to milk people with cash shop items (they butchered dex cast formula just to sell their % cast reduction crap which comes almost exclusively from cashshop for example)

But if you just setup a classic server, let it run til you run out of classic updates and let it rot and do nothing for it like warpportal did you dont need to bother, those server will obviously die. You'd have to create new content and basically re-do renewal all over again, but gravity pissed off their enormous customer base for 1 1/2 decades now, not even being able to do something about the bot infestation for years and years, let alone create good content in the past 10 years.

Best they come up with are these revo-classic servers that reek of cashshop even with classic content, they say they combine the best both styles has to offer, truth is, they just scam the hell out of the last few customers they have, because all these revo-classic server die, as did restart.

Gravity doesn’t care. Most RO customers are stupid buffalos. So you think Renewal is a trash show where they just milk players and subsequently has pissed off enormous RO customers? You see RoM, year? Lots of players playing there. Lots of players spending massive money. Lot of players complaining. And lot of players are quiting even the game has not been out over a year in SEA. Guess what? Gravity will release another new RO mobile and tons and tons of players gonna jump in on the hype train. It’s a vicious cycle lol

Renewal for life ...

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

A large portion of the "renewal is trash i don't like it" comes from the game's damage calculation changing and a lot of ppls gears turing obsolete. The game formulas themselves weren't the problem, the skills and class design werent the problem, it's where they went from there, pushing cash shop power creep harder and harder as the time went on. Even if the game had retained the pre-renewal mechanics, they could have replicated that -_-show regardless.

#13 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

The only big core Renewal change that I dislike is the level difference exp penalty. jRO refused it when they implemented Renewal, if I'm not mistaken? It would be nice if that could be removed here but I doubt it...

#14 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

If the people remaining here really wants classic

Classic wouldnt be dead

If there is anyone to blame, blame the EU ban

#15 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:13 AM

Please consider recreating a classic server. 

Worst idea since the inception of the Classic server....

#16 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

Most people here will never accept new server ideas as even iRO renewal is pretty dead, if your main server has like 800-1000 non-bots/non-vendors online at max outside of exp-events and maybe WoE anything that could lead to another drop in population is an actual threat.

euRO had this for some years too (people asking for a new server cause the actual one was as good as ded), now they are sold out to the russians and their crappy revo-classic server. :D

Edited by Netha, 21 August 2019 - 06:12 PM.

#17 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

The only big core Renewal change that I dislike is the level difference exp penalty. jRO refused it when they implemented Renewal, if I'm not mistaken? It would be nice if that could be removed here but I doubt it...

I must be an oddball, that was one of the things I liked about renewal. You are actually encouraged to explore and not just find one monster you can one-shot and stay there for 90% of your leveling life.

#18 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

^Problem is there are some maps with weird monster lvl distribution

Clock towers high orc place for example, totally phased out due to arclouze8

Raydrics and raydric archers as well, feels like ur killing classic raydric archers amongst raydrics on steroid

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:34 AM

I must be an oddball, that was one of the things I liked about renewal. You are actually encouraged to explore and not just find one monster you can one-shot and stay there for 90% of your leveling life.

but late game you only have very few maps to level

#20 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:05 AM

Renewal > Classic.

Prove me that I am wrong.

#21 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

I do agree it needs some work, but I still think it's better. The game wasn't originally designed with the system in mind, so retconning monsters unfortunately lead to some weird, out of place, monster locations.

#22 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

i do not disagree about a classic server being better for the mass audience that plays ro, it's pretty evident via looking at the population of local servers

for iRO to pull it off though, lost cause, managed to piss off at least every type of audience out there whether it's a variation of age, nationality or social status. contributing isnt worth it lol

#23 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:48 PM

I vote yes into making a new classic server but only if Gravity gets rid of all the other side branch RO games / mobile.

Edited by freddym, 25 August 2019 - 07:52 PM.

#24 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

I vote yes into making a new classic server but only if Gravity gets rid of all the other side branch RO games / mobile.

LOL

#25 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

KRO & JRO already abandon classic along time ago compare to WP, who already did its consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users