Is there a guide to Elemental Armors for leveling /Best cases to use them ? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a guide to Elemental Armors for leveling /Best cases to use them ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

On a basic level I know that Fire armors are good against fire attacks ... and so on and so forth . 

But Monsters  have different skills of different elements for example elder has fire / wind and a bunch of  different elements 

the  past week had elder and evil druid .... Would a holy armor have been better in this situation? 

Say bio labs what element armor is good here?

When  is a shadow armor good to use?

What times is  no element armor the best - things like mighty armor / bryn etc 

Thanks

#2 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:23 PM

on leveling there is no best one in TI since the mosnters change every week.

For general purposes, getting an undead or shadow one is probably the most valuable. There are a ton of instances where the mobs/mvp uses dark/undead element attacks. It's also the preferred element for levelling in Nightmare Clock Tower- the most feasible levelling options from lvl150-175 for solo playing atm.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

you mostly want protection against the bigger damage that is actually hurting you.

during Elder+ Evil Druid TI there were Fire Bolts, Lightning and Heaven's Drive being used. However, druid's heaven's drive does not pose much of a treat, so you don't need to bother with specific gear to it.

Elder has the real big damage, and he uses 2 elements, so wich you prioritize? Well, if you look at his AI, you will see that when he is chasing you he will use Frost Driver and Lightning, but after he's already engaged, he only uses Stone Curse and Fire Bolt. That means that when you are surrounded by Elders, and they are already in melee range, the only spell wich actually hurts that you'll see is fire. (just make sure you don't get 1shoted by the ocasional lightning that will happen here and there).

All that said, the more common monster skills that actually hurt are Neutral, Fire, Water, Wind, Shadow, sometimes Holy(not many monsters that use these)

#4 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

you mostly want protection against the bigger damage that is actually hurting you.

during Elder+ Evil Druid TI there were Fire Bolts, Lightning and Heaven's Drive being used. However, druid's heaven's drive does not pose much of a treat, so you don't need to bother with specific gear to it.

Elder has the real big damage, and he uses 2 elements, so wich you prioritize? Well, if you look at his AI, you will see that when he is chasing you he will use Frost Driver and Lightning, but after he's already engaged, he only uses Stone Curse and Fire Bolt. That means that when you are surrounded by Elders, and they are already in melee range, the only spell wich actually hurts that you'll see is fire. (just make sure you don't get 1shoted by the ocasional lightning that will happen here and there).

All that said, the more common monster skills that actually hurt are Neutral, Fire, Water, Wind, Shadow, sometimes Holy(not many monsters that use these)

yeah i was sporting a fire armor for that TI - but kept getting hit a lot by wind damage .

It would have been good to have that  ranger manteau for 75% elemental resist or that 100% fire resist manteau and wear a wind armor

but i would have loved to find some cheaper alternative that allows for reasonable reduction against atleast 2 major elements 

because even with valkyrie shield and 1 kafra blossom card the lightning bolt still hurt quite a bit and could not be out potted 

I was tempted to go for holy armor but there were to many evil druids doing dark attacks / drains that made me worry 

and i did not have an unfrozen shadow set or unforzen holy armor ( cash shop item) 

I just have a normal holy valk armor 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users