Genetic Gear & Build Review (09/19) - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Genetic Gear & Build Review (09/19)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:18 AM

Comparison between a Genetic that is just starting out and one that has been well established.

Genetic PvE item tier list.

n8tRng4.png

#2 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

what are your thoughts on VM mace? is it worth investing over an RTE?

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:05 AM

I think VM will outperform at high refine. But you'd also want to get some very good enchants on it. Like 10%-20% to boss or atk% increase. In the past I had used it for 1 shotting NCT, but I've yet to find one I like for MvPing. Also, in terms of damage a VM 2h Axe would be even better.

They are hard to filter through on Ragial but if you can find a good one it should be better. I just forgot to include because the odds of getting a good one are like god-item level of rareness.

IAHtgQM.png

Max ATK% Increase is 15%

Max Boss / Racial / Element % is 20%

Max Long Range % is 20%

So something like ATK 10% Boss 10% Long Range 10% would already be pretty insane. But if you could max out all 3, that would be absolutely ridiculous. We really need a way to turn in unwanted VM weapons to either re-roll an enchant slot or upgrade an enchant slot by 1. Its kind of a shame there is nothing to do with bad ones.

Edited by Scuba, 15 September 2019 - 08:15 AM.

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4117 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

https://www.divine-p...optionGroup/AS3

i guess you're right lol, 1% chance on each slot to get the desired enchant (boss/long ranged)

:p_sad:

#5 kyorix

kyorix

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

I've always had troubles figuring out how much each item cost, i.e. I don't have a clue of how much I should offer another player for an Abyss Dress, is there any source where I could see the price? When an item is too expensive, Ragial just doesn't do it.

#6 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:22 PM

Unfortunately no way except research and observation. If you check the Chaos marketplace section on the forums you can search for "abyss" in the subsection and find all the threads that mention it, and hopefully some will have left a price. I definitely understand the struggle when people say to PM an offer and then get all offended if its too low or whatever.

Basically the "cash conversion formula" can be used where $10 = 1b. If an item is Rare in the current lucky box it will probably go for between $20-$30. With Yggdrasil Ascension there is a good chance you get 2 rares in the 10 tickets so the prices have been closer to 1.5b-2.5b for a rare on release. Thats where demand for the item comes in and any potential refinement requirements. Abyss is useful on many classes where something like shield ring is only good on one. If more people want something it will be more expensive, especially if that item is no longer available. So for abyss, its a rare item, not in the box, in high demand. So it will be higher than the minimum $30 you'd expect if anyone could buy a box and get it today. Refinement comes into play with +10 items more than anything; usually you can add 1.5b for a +10 armor or level 4 weapon. About 400-500m for a +9.

You can also compare to similar alternatives. A +9 nature or icefall dress is ~3.5b and Abyss is better than both of those, so it is probably higher than that. If you want to determine the value of Abyss you can look at its effect and compare it to similar effects provided by cards. The damage part of the effect is similar to a gloom mvp card, and it has no knockback. So its like having a Gloom + RSX in one armor. Its like 50b in value for 1/10th the price. If something provides the same value for a lower price its usually worth doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users