Chaos and Thor Restart 9-16-2019 - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Chaos and Thor Restart 9-16-2019

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

*Somehow event monster drops gold/treasure chest/insert high zeny value npc item at a high rate*

"They should not remove it, because it's been there for like 2 days now, specially now that all this attention has been brought to it"

o k

#27 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:27 PM

*Somehow event monster drops gold/treasure chest/insert high zeny value npc item at a high rate*

"They should not remove it, because it's been there for like 2 days now, specially now that all this attention has been brought to it"

o k

As I said a better event planning, the monster should not even be on the map, but since it was placed with the normal drop and several players took advantage is not fair to other players who did not know it.

#28 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

Getting mostly 1, sometimes 2 and ocassionally 0 drop.

So 0-2 is the possible drop rate.

#29 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

To be quite honest, I thought that it was intended given that the lore mentions a nightmare realm and nothing says nightmare like a torturous redeemer.

That aside, it's fine if changes are made, but do you guys talk to the players and try to get some feedback before proceeding?

If anything it would be nice to have a discussion relating to any implementation and get feedback from players of how it could affect the economy and the acquisition of goods relating to the event. This could have been prevented if anyone had just asked "hey what do you guys think about this?"

Please consider this.

EDIT:
if you're gonna change the drop rate, you should also disable that one skill from Tarot Card of Fate that makes monsters stop spawning. Thanks

Edited by CaptainSunbear, 16 September 2019 - 03:35 PM.

#30 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:31 PM

Quick restart at 4:30pm to make the following changes.

Friday the 13th Update

• Replaced Torturous Redeemer with an event version of the monster
  • Event Torturous Redeemer  has a lowered Gray Shard drop rate
  • Added a reward for completing the event. Reward to be added on 9/19

Does that mean we'll be able to get the reward regardless the date we've done the event? Or will it only apply to those who do it after 9/19?

#31 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

As I said a better event planning, the monster should not even be on the map, but since it was placed with the normal drop and several players took advantage is not fair to other players who did not know it.

If they want to do anything about it, at most would be looking at wich accounts "exploited" it and rollback/do something.

No one is denying they shouldn't have -_- up, but you don't leave things broken just cause a few took advantage of it.

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Does that mean we'll be able to get the reward regardless the date we've done the event? Or will it only apply to those who do it after 9/19?

Everyone that completed the event will be able to get the reward

#33 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

Tbh, this is the only reason why I’m still playin coz I’m farming gray shards ppls don’t know. Now they lowered the drops and more ppls gettin informed, more competition and that won’t
make you get motivated to farm again.

#34 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:37 PM

Camp, was the spawn lowered? it feels like the spawn was lowered by quite a lot.

#35 rockmanpiya

rockmanpiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Edited by rockmanpiya, 16 September 2019 - 05:11 PM.

#36 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

i just do the event and i have a quest killing this mob like charlie, mitchel etc. but i dont seems find them on the instance dungeon , anybody finish this event ?

#37 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Everyone that completed the event will be able to get the reward

Thanks Camp! :)

#38 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

i just do the event and i have a quest killing this mob like charlie, mitchel etc. but i dont seems find them on the instance dungeon , anybody finish this event ?

The event has 2 maps. The 3 mini-bosses are on the north map which is the GH 1st floor map. Charlie is the red Heirozoist sprite and found right at the entrance, other 2 are bloody murderer sprites at 365, 180 and 30,190

#39 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

There will be no rollback

Any valid reason for not performing a rollback? I think this is a very serious issue and many PvM players are angry with this. I think you should give us some clarifications. 

#40 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

I haven't repeated it post restart but if nothing has changed then Charlie spawns on the way to the stairs from the portal unless someone moved him. He's a Red Hylozoist. The other two spawn at fixed locations as well unless someone moved them. Cursed Sentinel has a Bloody Murderer sprite and Phendark is Phendark. He is different from the usual mobs called Phen Dark. The only issue with these two is that it takes a bit of hovering over each name to see if its the Phendark you want or the regular Phen Dark, the same with Sentinel (although this is easier since he carries a different name).

9t41kmL.png

#41 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:56 PM

The event has 2 maps. The 3 mini-bosses are on the north map which is the GH 1st floor map. Charlie is the red Heirozoist sprite and found right at the entrance, other 2 are bloody murderer sprites at 365, 180 and 30,190

there many 1st floor in gh which one ?

#42 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:59 PM

To clarify it is accessed from the event Prontera map's North exit portal. When you enter that portal it takes you to a copy of the GH map I mentioned which was made for this event.

#43 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:06 PM

thanks guys im preparing my pots and gears i know iRO events has a cache :thx:

#44 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:16 PM

The monsters are yuuuuge. 

They seem to almost always drop 1 shard and often drop 2. 

EDIT: it's not that much different than before tbh, though now the monsters take up half the screen for some intimidation. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 16 September 2019 - 06:17 PM.

#45 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

The thread has served its purpose, there was an issue with the drop rate and now it is fixed.

Posts that incited drama have been removed. I'd appreciate not continuing the same somewhere else on the forums.

That's said, I will lock this topic for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users