Much Needed Revamp of WOE 2.0 God Items - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Much Needed Revamp of WOE 2.0 God Items

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:12 AM

Old

2541.png Asprika A wing made of all lights that exist in the world. The word means 'the light of gods.'

• Reduces damage from melee attacks of all elements by 30%.
  • Enables the use of [Teleport] Lv 1.

New

2541.png Asprika A wing made of all lights that exist in the world. The word means 'the light of gods.'

• Reduces damage from melee attacks of all elements by 30%.
  • Enables the use of [Teleport] Lv 1.

Reasoning : This is Still less compared to Deviant Etran undershirt when compared to over all GG item - which will still make that cash shop item an attractive sales item. But having this 30% to all elements will allow for more diversified play styles with the usage of the item in PVM / MVP

Old

2383.png Brynhild Brynhild is one of the valiant valkyries, meaning 'the warrior's armor'.

• Adds Max HP +20 and Max SP +5 for every base level.
  • Prevents the user from being moved or pushed back by skills.

New

2383.png Brynhild Brynhild is one of the valiant valkyries, meaning 'the warrior's armor'.

• Adds Max HP +150 and Max SP +30 for every base level.
  • Prevents the user from being moved or pushed back by skills.

Reasoning : This is  Less of a boost compared to Fafnir - which will still be attractive sales item . But this being essentially a different  method of increasing HP / SP rather than % HP and % SP  , will give chance to more diversified builds across all classes giving a push of interest to the average player to engage in woe

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 September 2019 - 01:00 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed font style, do not use red in line, red/bold for mod notices and warnings.

#2 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

Agreed. Give all of them slots to make them more competitive. Even then OCP still outmatched many of the gods even if they are slotted.

#3 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:45 PM

Agreed. Give all of them slots to make them more competitive. Even then OCP still outmatched many of the gods even if they are slotted.

:p_err:    Seems Legit .....

- deviant asprika ? high risk bryn?   :wah:

The point of revamp is to make them a little more in line with the current power level of the game - which got changed a lot due to influx of OCP / Cash shop / Loot box items.

There is no need to make them more powerful than OCP items , because hey iro gotta make some money right?

But at the same time there no need to leave them as is --- which is absolute dog sheit ...

The changes i proposed are to make them attractive enough to pursue them but not at the  cost of hurting OCP. 

In an ideal world if RO had  20k users - then by all rights God Items should be GOD ITEMS - the most powerful items in the game. 

But  the reality is iRO  has been dying for ages --- barely  1.4 k people play  it ( excluding the bots )

#4 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:43 AM

alternatively, put OCP boxes or YA tickets in treasure boxes.

#5 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:51 AM

alternatively, put OCP boxes or YA tickets in treasure boxes.

See,  you prove my point exactly . OCP gear is Godly and woe 2.0 god items compared to them are  lower than dog sheit .

If the achievement system was  tweaked for woe to allow for individuals to gain god pieces after certain woe contributions - this would definitely serve as encouragement to the average player .

I think putting ocp boxes , ya will lower the demand for them. which iro would not want.

Rater than decreasing a demand for popular  cash shop items , Create a demand for woe 2.0 god items ( as per the proposal/suggestion) that make it obtainable for the average woe player ( after achievement integrated contributions )

#6 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

what makes you think giving 5~10% of the server's population random low chances for OCP items will lower the demand? LOL.

#7 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:44 AM

what makes you think giving 5~10% of the server's population random low chances for OCP items will lower the demand? LOL.

OCP gives the same chance to anyone / everyone who pay money. Point is THEY NEED TO SHELL OUT THE $ . IRO is not forced subscription service like warcraft . If it was things would be different.

alteast warcraft has huge frequent content updates that make it worth the money  as its run on multiple severs across the world.

Do you even want the game to stay running? The game is being kept alive by the few who pay $.  I am not looking to hurt the revenew of the game rather increase the attractiveness of woe and  bring the outdated dog -_- woe 2.0 rewards in line with the current standards of the game

if the OCP items were not introduced that overpowered these items by mile wide difference there would not be any need to update them.

since evey one would have the same -_-ty items that were not in line with the current power level of the game.

To sum  it up 3  reason why these god items  need to be updated

1. Not in line with current power level of the game - they were introuduced ages ago as end game  items/woe rewards - the end game changed the power level grew but they did not grow with the end game / power level

2. the ocp items blew these items out of the game and made the woe 2.0 god items dog sheit simply becuase OCP items were in line with the current power level of the game .

3. The chance of obtaining items closer to the power level of OP ocp items ingame as they were meant to be for an individual player would increase the woe participation for the average player and pull in more players who enjoy the pvp / woe aspect of the game.

#8 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:48 AM

Dude, they put OCP prizes in treasures and everyone will be playing WOE again. I haven't played WOE in like forever, more than 10 years. I would certainly play again if that happens. How do we get the GM's to see this excellent suggestion?

@VModCinnamon, can you help?

#9 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

To what Moy said, IMO I don't think these changes will effect WoE. No matter what is in the treasure room I won't WoE until people in the guild are given a reward instead of only the guild leader. The current system has no reward beyond the 'fun' of one shot killing before the same happens to you so I'm not surprised it's basically dead.  It's a sad state of affairs that even the guild leaders find WoE's rewards not worth it with the current state of the game. Should the God equipment be improved? Almost certainly yes but it doesn't help anything if you want to fix WoE.

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

Don't woe for a guild with a -_-ty leader? lol

I only know of one that existed while i played on iRO that the leader "profited" from woe at his member costs

#11 Ralen

Ralen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Don't want to derail further from talk of buffing Gods but as I didn't think the earlier point was valid so I made that earlier comment.

But more on point these rare and exclusive items are weaker now in comparison to much much more easily attained equipment which I wouldn't consider a good thing. But I will say that even as under powered comparatively Gods are these days they're difficult to trade for. Not too many people are interested in trading it seems.

All this talk of improving the items makes me wonder if any of these items have been changed on kRO or jRO? It seems unlikely we'd get a completely custom version of the items especially if the main versions of the game haven't. 

All that said I'd love to see the changes mentioned by Demun or even more notable improvements being made to these items to surpass jRO/kRO gear for what are the rarest of items here. 

#12 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

Hahah and can you stop suggesting to put OCPs in castle loots? I think I once said this way back in 2017 or something. It's now 2019 already. Give it a rest. Play the game if you like, dont play if you dont like. Spend money if you want to support the game, dont spend if you dont want.

Edited by nyyaan, 24 September 2019 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users