Collection of Questions (Returned Player) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Collection of Questions (Returned Player)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:43 PM

I returned to the game about 2 months ago after an absence of many years. I've been doing research and trying to find answers to questions myself and have been reasonably successful. I am however left with a couple of questions that I (likely due to not knowing where to look) haven't been able to find answers to. I'll explain the questions that need explaining and then put the question. So here goes...

1) I recently put together a +9 Antonio's Coat of escape. I was leveling in Niff1 with my ME Priest and a Dullahan hit me with a critical. I thought I might have been mistaken so I paid attention and it happened again. Unless I'm mistaken, the +9 Coat is suppose to reduce NPC Crits by 100% damage. My understanding is that it would miss or hit for 1 or something. The crit was closer to 1k damage. I found a comment by Ashuckel from back in July 2018 that said it wasn't implemented yet. Am I misunderstanding the set or is it still not implemented yet ( more than a year later >_<')?

2) My friends B-Day is coming up (the friend that pulled me back in) and I used to try to earn him a gift in game. I know I can buy him something but I find it more interesting and thoughtful to earn it myself. I was thinking about a large collection of OBBs/Gift boxes. I have some Mystcase carded Mid/Upper Headgear and some Mimic accessories. I've been trying to find a supremely mobby place to just power through and earn a pile of both of these. Monster lvl or drops or exp not important at all. I'm looking for kills per hour. I've tried petites/mantis/sidewinder/novus/hospital/and a couple others that I can't remember. Some Novus maps seemed pretty decent but I feel like my limited knowledge is holding me back from really accelerating this process. Any better ideas out there?

3) I've been trying to find a daily grind for my lvl 100-150 chars. I usually do the Gramps turn in on them as well as convenient other ones. I'll add in the Airship raid and other side stuff like Sara's memory and an honor token run or two. I feel like I'm getting pretty decent at running it but I feel like this could be improved a lot. I've gone into the Wiki and looked at every listed daily quest and instance and what have you but it's (for me at least) a little overwhelming isn't optimized too well. Does anyone have a link to a leveling guide that maybe goes through a 2-4 hour daily session with which instances to hit up and finish for exp/hour?

4) Ragial used to have the ability to show who's underselling and by what %. It's still available in the Buying section but it seems to be replaced by a tag system that overwrites the percentage now unless you specifically select that one item.  I miss the fun of bargain shopping and reselling on the easy. Much slower to do now. Was that removed purposefully (which I can understand) or am I missing a toggle option that let's me see that kind of list again?

5) This one's easy. I feel like I've killed a billion monsters while wearing my new Temporal boots but have only gotten 1 treasure chest. What's the activation rate on Lucky Day for treasure chests?

6) I'm currently using Ragial, Divine Pride, iRO Wiki, DB.Wiki, and here (these forums) to find my information. Are there other sites that I should expand my bookmark folder with for finding good information?

For anyone that goes through and reads everything, thanks for your time. A double thanks for any answers provided. I appreciate it ^_^

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:03 AM

6) I'm currently using Ragial, Divine Pride, iRO Wiki, DB.Wiki, and here (these forums) to find my information. Are there other sites that I should expand my bookmark folder with for finding good information?

Nope, looks like you're pretty good when it comes to iRO.

#3 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

Nope, looks like you're pretty good when it comes to iRO.

Thank you ^_^

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

2. Sunken ship is pretty mobby and have low level mobs

3. This vids by Scuba shows leveling in OGH 2nd floor, guess you can fit it on your schedule

6. Can try kRO and jRO db / website for future information on what's coming into iRO

Edited by YongkySH, 19 September 2019 - 12:54 AM.

#5 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:16 AM

1) Only the critical slash function is not working iirc

I have some Mystcase carded Mid/Upper Headgear and some Mimic accessories.

2) Someone said something a long time ago about certain cards not stacking with each other, and "chance to drop item"-cards were said to be among these, so equipping extras might not help.

> If you're looking for a hunting spot for Old Blue Boxes, then I'd recommend hunting at the homunculi dungeon (Werner's Laboratory) which is tied to the Terra Gloria quests (ep 16.2).
The monsters themselves have a chance to drop them (which seems to drop way better than the drop chance you get from mimic card)

> for Old Purple Boxes, try hunting Basilisks (Dragon's Nest at Lasagna)
They can drop those too

3) You can try Illusion Dungeon daily quests (some of them can be finished pretty quickly)

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:53 AM

1. Critical Slash reduction does not work. (Needs kRO for it, kRO doesnt care)

2. Sunken Ship

3.You can google "Renewal speed leveling guide" and it will likely bring up Fuyuki's topic. While pointed out as a "speed leveling" guide, moslty aimed at ppl with some funds already, all places there are perfectly valid options for their level range.

4. It's always been like that. You search for the "base item" on it first, then you click on it and it will bring the list of all the shops with it avaiable, as well as the % comparison to the average prices stored by the website.

5.5% chance to proc on doing/receiving a physical/magical hit. Treasure Chest drop rate while the effect is active is like what, 0.1~1% or something?

6. Unless you wanna see stuff from other servers, that covers most of it.

#7 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:01 AM

4) Ragial used to have the ability to show who's underselling and by what %. It's still available in the Buying section but it seems to be replaced by a tag system that overwrites the percentage now unless you specifically select that one item.  I miss the fun of bargain shopping and reselling on the easy. Much slower to do now. Was that removed purposefully (which I can understand) or am I missing a toggle option that let's me see that kind of list again?

You're talking about the old Cheapest section, yah? Quick version is that it was removed due to abuse and/or 3pp (botting) to buy stuff. Here's a couple of old threads if you'd like to know more!

Drama free short-ish version:

https://forums.warpp.../221894-ragial/

The dumpster fire of a locked thread where it all actually went down, several pages:

https://forums.warpp.../211074-ragial/

#8 losveratos

losveratos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:18 AM

I'll give sunken a try. I didn't think of it, and it's small rooms + enemy amounts are likely perfect. I can't believe I forgot about that place >_<

I didn't know about the Luckyday needing to be active for the treasure chest chance to proc. (It makes sense, I was just being dumb here) It makes much more sense now. I'll test out letting mobs hit me to activate it before aoe perhaps.

I'm sad about the Coat not working but whatever. The other aspects about the coat are great none the less.

I'll also be sure to read through Fuyuki's topic. Thank you Ashuckel.

I was indeed talking about the cheap section and that forum post explains it well. Thank you Azumak1.

Thanks again guys/gals. I appreciate the kind and timely responses ^_^

#9 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Since you're so old player (by talking of the cheap section in ragial) I suggest you to find some good Discords servers to talk with people and update your knowledge with some friends. There are guild Discords wich are very friendly, others are just to recruit for Bio4 ie, or buy/sell stuffs, however, discords servers have become a useful tool for research, read guides, buy/sell, do instances with friends, find party to level or event quest, whatever you want almost.

Take a look at the https://forums.warpp...wal-recruiting/ section.

Also, as you reach Lv141, better do bio4 entrance quest, dangerous rumors quest and cursed spirit quest, bio4 have become the way to speed level from 141+, and for soloing verus daily quest, before that, TI as always, and staff are introducing new bounty boards, take a look on those too.

Welcome back to iRO

#10 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

1. What Ash said, need kRO for that. (I guess)

2. Nogg Road, Sunken Ship.

3. Daily Quest

• Gramp Turn in > Reset > TI again
  • 99 Sarah's Memory (Good for early job levels and food can give a little bit of zeny)
  • 130 Old Glast Heim
  • Hazy Forest and Mora daillies
  • 140 Faceworm Nest
  • 130 Charleston Instance
  • 140 Verus Dailies
  • 140 Horror Toy Factory (Celine gives queit a decent amount of exp)

What I normally do is complete a TI, reset it, Go finish verus dailies (But do not turn it yet), run Charleston Instance (pop BMX when the MVP is about to die), turn in Steps quest, Turn in Verus Daillies quest, Turn in TI, Take new TI and complete it.

4. The cheapest page has been removed due to abuse.

5. What ash said, I think its like card rate. 

6. Not a site but a discord server so you can ask people who are playing Ragnarok directly. iroWiki has a discord server and so are the guilds in the party recruitment section of the forum. Then one you mention (websites) are quite sufficient, unless you want to look into jRO and kRO websites to see what (potentially) can arrive at iRO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users