September 26th Renewal Maintenance - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 26th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
305 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

201909-ROmaint3.jpg

iRO Renewal Weekly Maintenance

September 26th, 11:00AM - 6:00PM PDT

Question for the Maintenance:
Should we receive a daily login reward system and what do you think the end of month big prizes should be?

This Week Gramps Turn-In Monsters

• Low: Red Novus / Blood Butterfly
  • Mid: Green Venatu / Abyssmal Knight
  • High: Frus / Petal

Updates

• Rune Knight/Mado Gear Revitalization update arrives!
  • Juno Bounty Board updated (180 145):
    Spoiler
  • Niflheim Bounty Board added (213 202):
    Spoiler
  • Verus City Bounty Board added (146 244):
    Spoiler
  • ​Hunt Achievements updated to include Glast Heim monsters
  • Costume Enchanter NPC fixed to properly enchant Costumes Hair Buns
  • Gilded Galapagos NPCs updated to sell "Blood in Skull" consumable items for Zeny
  • Merry Badger updated to allow bulk conversions of Old Purple Boxes to Eden Merit Badges
  • Ring of Jupiter fixed to properly increase magic damage against boss type monsters
  • Bounty Boards fixed to properly award Eden Merit Badges after every 4th turn-in​

Events

• Our "Talk Like a Pirate Day" event, "The Gilded Galapagos", continues! (Ends October 17th)
    TmeFjt7.jpg
    • Reward list has been updated this year!
  • Overseas Care Package and Yggdrasil Ascension Firesale continues! (Ends October 3rd)
  • Yggdrasil Retro Ascension I and II continues!
    • To redeem, bring a Yggdrasil Retro Ticket to Yggdrasil Tree Retro Explorer in the Eden Group
      Spoiler
  • Hop, Skip, and Jump Level Event continues!
    qbJMQqf.jpg
    • Gain more EXP at lower levels!
      Spoiler
  • VIP Bonus increased to 100% EXP/Drops (Ends December of 2019)
  • Raffler is back in Prontera! Big prizes are in bold
    • Kafra Blossom Card (1) / Old Purple Box (1-10) - 1,000,000z
    • Beelzebub Wing Box (1) / Yggdrasil Berry (1-4) - 1,000,000z
    • HD Oridecon 100 Box (1) / Oridecon (1-20) - 2,000,000z 
    • Temporal Crystal (20) / Yggdrasil Seed (1-2) - 200,000z
    • Coagulated Spell (2) / Blue Herb (1-60) - 70,000z
    • HD Elunium 100 Box (1) / Elunium (1-30) - 2,000,000z
    • Cursed Fragment (1) / Witch Starsand (1-20) - 60,000z
    • HE Bubblegum (2) / Alcohol (1-15) - 350,000z
    • Blacksmith Blessing (1) / Yggdrasil Seed (1-2) - 175,000z
    • HE Battle Manual (2) / Strawberry (1-30) - 100,000z
  • Our "Friday the 13th" event, "Blood in Prontera", ends

Spotlight

• Glast Heim
    Spoiler

Community

• Ragnarok's Got Talent 2019 creative contest is ending this Sunday, September 29 at 11:59PM PDT! Get those last entries in now!
  • Tune into our next livestream of Crazy Uproar!! over at twitch.tv/warpportal on Tuesday, October 1st at 3PM PDT!
  • Got a question for the RO staff? Ask it in our latest FAQ Friday thread (9/20)!

#2 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:23 PM

Would you guys please stop revamping bounty boards until you can come up with a plan to implement them logically. You are putting the 100-120 board in Verus, an area you do a quest to get into at 140+.

#3 mettmaxcor2016

mettmaxcor2016

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

• Mid: Green Venatu / Abyssmal Knight

Poggers

#4 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:24 PM

Updates

• Rune Knight/Mado Gear Revitalization update arrives
    • Here is whats going on with the update. Currently there is a configuration file that is causing really annoying error messages during testing. The studio sent a fix on monday but that didn't work. Were supposed to receive another fix tonight. If it comes in by tomorrow morning and resolves the errors we will push this update forward tomorrow. If not it may need to be delayed by a week. We want this update to go in cleanly without known errors.

OHHH NO!! :wall: :sob:

#5 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

Question for the maintenance:

Should we receive a daily login reward system what do you think the end of month big prizes should be?

Updates

• Rune Knight/Mado Gear Revitalization update arrives
    • Here is whats going on with the update. Currently there is a configuration file that is causing really annoying error messages during testing. The studio sent a fix on monday but that didn't work. Were supposed to receive another fix tonight. If it comes in by tomorrow morning and resolves the errors we will push this update forward tomorrow. If not it may need to be delayed by a week. We want this update to go in cleanly without known errors.

For the daily login prize is a big yes, and the big prize can be a number of VIP days or an OCP item that changes every month.

And about the mado/rune patch I really hope the patch comes in time, waiting another week will be hard.

Edited by Erlak, 25 September 2019 - 03:31 PM.

#6 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Would you guys please stop revamping bounty boards until you can come up with a plan to implement them logically. You are putting the 100-120 board in Verus, an area you do a quest to get into at 140+.

and verus BBs should go up to lvl 175 and not just up to 170

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

Fixed an issue where Bounty Boards were not always awarding EMBs after every 4th turn in.

#8 Kuurus

Kuurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

While I know it gets kinda slow at higher levels why is the Juno Bounty Board on harpy only going to level 90 for? I believe the harpy bounty bard is still viable to at least 99

Edited by Kuurus, 25 September 2019 - 03:43 PM.

#9 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Should we receive a daily login reward system what do you think the end of month big prizes should be?

I like it a lot that you're asking a question on the patch notes, Camp. It engages more players to participate in the discussion, I think it's healthy. You should do this more often, even with some silly questions ´ v`

But about that daily login reward, I think it's pretty neat. I think buff scrolls like agi/bless/aspersio would work out really nice for daily/weekly prizes. As for a monthly big prize, an exclusive costume would be super neat! It's not something game-changing, but c'mon, everyone loves costumes.

#10 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:57 PM

Mainly consummables buff scrolls, battle manuals, gums, embs?

For the grand prize I do agree with costumes. 

PS: For daily login, is it just login or like 1-2 hour plays before the daily login is done. 

I believe this is to encourage more people to login and play and not just login X amount of characters just to get the count and then log off.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

Mainly consummables buff scrolls, battle manuals, gums, embs?

For the grand prize I do agree with costumes. 

PS: For daily login, is it just login or like 1-2 hour plays before the daily login is done. 

I believe this is to encourage more people to login and play and not just login X amount of characters just to get the count and then log off.

It would be whatever system kRO is currently using. I believe it is account based, everything would be account bound due to that concern.

#12 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

Hi Campitor

Quick feedback!

1. Juno Boards, at least allow them to be up to level 100, it is a very decent leveling spot for new players as well.

2. Make Juno Boards be located in their current spot and keep Verus Boards at the City of Verus. That makes more sense than having them both in a place inaccessible to the lower level classes that cannot access Verus because the pre-requisite is level 140 to start the access quest to Verus.

3. Make the Verus City Bounty Boards go up to level 175, I have seen many players say it is a viable leveling spot to 175. This will allow a slight diversification of the leveling areas for different players. NCT/Verus/Bio4 being great locations to level up a character from 140 or 150 all the way to 175 deserve their Bounty Boards going to 175. It fits the leveling scheme and sequence. Bounty Boards are praised highly by individuals outside of iRO, Please consider this. 

#13 coolvampire

coolvampire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

Board Level Range: 150 - 170 

now this is great! 

i have been leveling on NCT forever, i hope this new addition is as good as NCT's reward tho

#14 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:14 PM

By the way, about the Verus BB for lvl 100-120, I think it's kinda unreasonable to have that BB in Verus, since the Access Quest is only accessible at lvl 140+ (or unless you have an acolyte class in another account that can warp you there). I say this BB should stay at Juno.

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

The issue with the Madogear/Rune Knight update is resolved. We will be moving forward with the update tomorrow.

#16 Dolbar19

Dolbar19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:17 PM

Hi Campitor

Quick feedback!

1. Juno Boards, at least allow them to be up to level 100, it is a very decent leveling spot for new players as well.

2. Make Juno Boards be located in their current spot and keep Verus Boards at the City of Verus. That makes more sense than having them both in a place inaccessible to the lower level classes that cannot access Verus because the pre-requisite is level 140 to start the access quest to Verus.

3. Make the Verus City Bounty Boards go up to level 175, I have seen many players say it is a viable leveling spot to 175. This will allow a slight diversification of the leveling areas for different players. NCT/Verus/Bio4 being great locations to level up a character from 140 or 150 all the way to 175 deserve their Bounty Boards going to 175. It fits the leveling scheme and sequence. Bounty Boards are praised highly by individuals outside of iRO, Please consider this. 

I highly support these suggestions.

Edited by Dolbar19, 25 September 2019 - 04:18 PM.

#17 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

The issue with the Madogear/Rune Knight update is resolved. We will be moving forward with the update tomorrow.

HELL YEA!!! :thx: :thx: :thx: :rice:

#18 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

AWW YISS, THANK YOU CAMP

I5hSuVU.gif

#19 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Updates

• Juno Bounty Board updated (180 145):
    Spoiler

-Goat
    -Grand Peco
    -Harpy
    -Sleeper

Board Level Range: 90 - 110
    -Deleter (Ground)
    -Deleter (Sky)
    -Nightmare Terror
  • Verus City Bounty Board added (146 244):
    Spoiler
  • Merry Badger updated to allow bulk conversions of Old Purple Boxes to Eden Merit Badges[/size]
  • Gilded Galapagos NPCs updated to sell "Blood in Skull" consumable items for Zeny[/size]
  • Fixed an issue where Bounty Boards were not always awarding EMBs after every 4th turn in.

Thanks for adding Blood in Skull in the exchange, Bulk OPB exchange, and Bounty EMB fix.

As for the new and updated bounties, I agree to most of the replies here that the the Bounty level ranged should be 70-95/100 for Harpy's board instead. Also, I think the Juperos monsters should stay in Juno but with higher level range (either 105-125, 110-130, or 100-130). Also if possible, can the non-Turbo versions of the "Turbo" mobs be included in the TI and also make it to have until 175 (150-175)? So that there can be any other alternatives for maxing a character aside from Bio 4 and NCT. Only until 170 is a little bit depressing to look at, specially when there are only 5 levels away to max level.  :hmm:

As for the maintenance question, I agree to have login rewards system to have like buff items, EMBs, manuals, gums, and similar items as daily rewards. As for the Grand Prize for the end of the month, here are my suggestions:
  • Like everyone suggested, Costumes or even Costume Box
  • Bulk Ore Boxes (Enriched, HD, BSB) (I prefer this one)
  • A single OCP Box or Yggdrasil Ticket (not recommended lol :heh: )
Edited, wrong quote.

Edited by Jeneeus, 25 September 2019 - 04:28 PM.

#20 Crazzydog

Crazzydog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

Reset skills please. I broke my character  :wall:

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

when is Illusion of Abyss (Turtle Island) coming?

Metal Stick [3] from Mechaspider?

YSF set?

#22 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

Blood in Prontera quest staying or leaving?

#23 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

Blood in Prontera quest staying or leaving?

Rush and hoard those sheeps :v

#24 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

I hope login rewards need to have ppls login for at least 1-2 hours. Good end of the month reward would be like 5-10 account bound ticket to gain access to instance with mvps or some missing update enchant stones kro have like random enchant stone box that has fct stones garment/dd stone garment etc.

Edited by Boyeteers, 25 September 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#25 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

Buff consumables or Stones like Coags/CF for daily reward and as for the big prize costumes or refine stones would be a good end of a month reward. Also for the rewards system not to be abuse can you make it only available to players who have at least one 175 char or only a max char can claim the reward from the npc since many players have lots of alt accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users