Spell Shield +ATK increase and instacast - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spell Shield +ATK increase and instacast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebot

nimblebot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:48 AM

Currently running Wanderer with maxed out dex and int (sum total > 350) and wearing Temp Dex boots. How on earth do you get the +150 attack to trigger from spell shield + shield swap?

Is it even realistic to expect it to be semi-reliable or am I just bad (maybe 1 out of 20 for me where the other 19 gets me +30 attack).

#2 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:17 AM

You need to swap to a high defense shield after you have initiated the skill cast, but before the cast bar finishes. You can press the shield spell button and your swap at the same time. If you have instant cast it wont work.

If you are using a temporal ring with hawkeye, take it off. Or you can swap your shoes instead. Like if you are using power maximize you can swap to enforcer shoes while you shield spell to increase your cast time.

Edited by Scuba, 07 October 2019 - 01:22 AM.

#3 nimblebot

nimblebot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:32 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I was actually watching your videos thinking how you managed or just got lucky! Great videos by the way.

#4 nimblebot

nimblebot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:22 PM

Can report back, need to take off significant +dex gear and temp dex boots to make it a lot easier

#5 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:27 PM

Nice!

Ya if you have higher ping its harder to do. My ping is pretty good so I can get it as long as it isn't instant.

I checked some leveling clips on my Wanderer to see how I was doing it. I think the only difference is 2 emerald rings and I didn't go for seraphim. I am guessing you have sera and temp ring.

#6 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

The chance to trigger the attack buff you want is purely RNG. I've had days where I could trigger it within 10-15 tries and the worst was when I went through my entire SP pool twice after which I gave up on it.

#7 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:50 PM

if you have one of those fancy keyboard or mouse with build in macro key and software, you can use that to set up a macro to get it switch for you. at least that's what i did. never get the hang of manually changing the shield in a fraction of a second.

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Put the spell casting hotkey right next to the hotkey for the shield you want to swap to, then press one after the other in a smooth/fluid motion by having your fingers displaced by a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users