Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread - Page 15 - Ragnarok 1 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 11 votes

Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#351 Guarocuya

Guarocuya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:26 AM

after i watch the Q and A stream of Ragnarok 1 my hype is gone.

i will predict that the update is more on PET evolution and thousand of bug fixes

they clearly say no new 3rd job sprite and no new skill and balance .

My take is this ^, plus Ragnarok Zero. Basically rebuilding our beloved iRO would take time but not 2 months. This is definitely a corporate call to try and fix everything + get us to play something else in the mean time, from their portflio ofc.

#352 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2776 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

My take is this ^, plus Ragnarok Zero. Basically rebuilding our beloved iRO would take time but not 2 months. This is definitely a corporate call to try and fix everything + get us to play something else in the mean time, from their portflio ofc.

If they bringing it down for 2 months and we are still behind kro for 3 years then the only reason is they just want you to play zero.

#353 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2698 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:48 PM

But it’s kinda pointless, when restart launched a lot of ppls went to play it anyway, i didn’t see how renewal was holding it back at all. Restart did end up declining rapidly after a few months and again, it had little to nothing to do with renewal. If they feel that renewal will hold back ppls from trying zero, then they are seriously stupid.

#354 Ostarion

Ostarion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Okay, so correct me if i am wrong, but ragnarok zero and the countdown going down to zero are two distinct things, right? You're not referring to the countdown when you say ragnarok zero, or are you?

Edited by Ostarion, Yesterday, 12:04 AM.

#355 Asukirin

Asukirin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 AM

Okay, so correct me if i am wrong, but ragnarok zero and the countdown going down to zero are two distinct things, right? You're not referring to the countdown when you say ragnarok zero, or are you?

no one know what the countdown is, you can rewatch the twich Q and A for Ragnarok, it can be anything but i am assuring you that teasing is not part of Renewal because the Q and A hint it.

#356 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 AM

Countdown is going to a "new game service." Or rather, the announcement of one.

We technically don't know what it is, but what little evidence we've managed to gather seems to point towards RO: Zero.

Whatever it is, it will be announced tomorrow, probably during the stream? I think I remember seeing that there was a Tuesday stream somewhere. Beta testing for it will open early December. No information yet on what that entails (ie whether data will be wiped after the beta, how closed/open the betas are going to be).

Hopefully, all will be answered tomorrow.

#357 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Let's hope it's a good game whatever it is

Edited by NihonHikikomoriK, Yesterday, 11:55 AM.

#358 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1407 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

If the level of attention you plan to pay to the server reflects the amount of time and effort you put into this announcement you should probably just stop wasting peoples time.

sPn0pbg.png

You really didnt even try to remove the commented out bit of code from the copy & pasted countdown that doesnt account for any users from different timezones.

#359 Stephanie

Stephanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

LOL, it's honestly such a joke. If they can't do something so simple like this, how can they run a game service properly?

If the level of attention you plan to pay to the server reflects the amount of time and effort you put into this announcement you should probably just stop wasting peoples time.

sPn0pbg.png

You really didnt even try to remove the commented out bit of code from the copy & pasted countdown that doesnt account for any users from different timezones.

#360 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

THIS IS SO BAD ITS HILARIOUS IM LITERALLY LAUGHING. HALP

WAIT.............. is this all a prank and the servers will close forever???

BEWARE

Edited by JaguarBlood, Yesterday, 09:28 PM.

#361 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 PM

"How can we trust the entire company of Warp Portal to run a new server when Ted from marketing didn't account for Timezones in the throwaway timer he used to count down to an announcement about a service that won't even be starting for another month?"

I feel like taking the fact that the timer isn't perfectly accurate for everyone as an omen of things to come is a bit inane at this point. Anyone who's been paying attention knows when the announcement is going to happen.

We've got plenty of actual things to be concerned about. Like how they ruined the last two servers with the cash shop, and like how game-breaking bugs are going to go unfixed for months/years while we wait for a fix from Korea if it ever even comes. Let's not pretend like a minor oversight from a single guy in their marketing team is indicative of anything.

#362 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

"How can we trust the entire company of Warp Portal to run a new server when Ted from marketing didn't account for Timezones in the throwaway timer he used to count down to an announcement about a service that won't even be starting for another month?"

I feel like taking the fact that the timer isn't perfectly accurate for everyone as an omen of things to come is a bit inane at this point. Anyone who's been paying attention knows when the announcement is going to happen.

We've got plenty of actual things to be concerned about. Like how they ruined the last two servers with the cash shop, and like how game-breaking bugs are going to go unfixed for months/years while we wait for a fix from Korea if it ever even comes. Let's not pretend like a minor oversight from a single guy in their marketing team is indicative of anything. 

WE ARE DOOM. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

#363 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1407 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 PM

It has been fixed already. You know I love you Camp, but c'mon man the lack of attention to detail is exactly the sort of thing that gets you guys into trouble all the time.

#364 Asukirin

Asukirin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted Today, 12:28 AM

what wrong with the Countdown teaser ? 

#365 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted Today, 12:29 AM

COMING SOON

• -1days
  • -4Hours
  • -30Minutes
  • -12Seconds

mines broken af

Edited by JaguarBlood, Today, 12:30 AM.

#366 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 59 minutes ago

can someone just tell me when the actual countdown should be for? like how many hours/days from right now? LOL

#367 Asukirin

Asukirin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 39 minutes ago

is this an out of season april fools joke  ? is Almost "Ragnarok Negative Zero time " give as the teaser!

Edited by Asukirin, 37 minutes ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users