Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread - Page 25 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
720 replies to this topic

#601 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:00 AM

Person to blame are the one that always rejected the kro updates. Who? Not a name calling here just think about it yourself.

1. Kro shadow gears.
2. Para market
And many more small updates

So now those mofos dig they own grave.

Kro said bring shadow gears iro community NO it’s OP AF.
Kro update paramarket iro community NO it will destroy the market.
Kro F ya all I’m not bringing any new ideas anymore. Lmao

To iro:

Instead of listening to those morons just bring all updates into one and stop pick and choose what to bring in. U guys gotta stop listening to those morons and just bringing in without even asking the community like what you guys did with jro ocp.

OMG the truth.... i second this haha

#602 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:12 AM

Person to blame are the one that always rejected the kro updates. Who? Not a name calling here just think about it yourself.

1. Kro shadow gears.
2. Para market

To iro:

Instead of listening to those morons just bring all updates into one and stop pick and choose what to bring in. U guys gotta stop listening to those morons and just bringing in without even asking the community like what you guys did with jro ocp.

I would like to follow the path of KRO, although I like some OCP, but I would play all these OCPs that I like in the trash, to follow the path of KRO.

PS: when I refer to the community request, I mean the server upgrade and don't request cash shop gears stupids OPs!

Edited by digo666, 26 November 2019 - 04:18 AM.

#603 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

1. Kro shadow gears.
2. Para market

To iro:

I always knew iRO players are a weird bunch but damn didn’t know it was this bad.

Hopefully RT will have a new fresh of community that isn’t like chaos.

#604 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

1. Kro shadow gears.
2. Para market

To iro:

Oh yeah, these whiners of penetration/tempest set. There have always been such ppls who want to dictate how others should play this game, and look what they have done to iRO as a whole. The worst part is that they believe that they are absolutely right and only their way of playing RO is the correct way. You talk about all kinds of reasons to them and they will talk about such concept called 'balance', as if they were the only ones who understood that terminology. But lets get this straight, this game was never balanced to begin with. These whiners rejected kRO updates have dug their own graves, its funny now that you think about it.

:heh:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 November 2019 - 12:18 PM.

#605 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

You may have an argument for that, except there are updates that players wanted like the alt right+click item transfer functionality, the zeny bank, and being able to make reports for the New World main quest without losing pages that also NEVER got sent to us. Are players still to blame for those updates not getting implemented on iRO as well?

#606 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Id say the worst is Gravity itself, how I wish WP had a more independence and wouldnt have kRO holding it back. But the whiners of kRO updates like penetration/tempest set sure have played a negative impact on this one too, and significant enough to alter kRO's decisions. Without their needless attempt to dictate how other ppls should play iRO, we would have at least gotten more updates from kRO. We cant change how kRO behaves, but we can at least do our own part better.

:)

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 November 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#607 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

I already knew this from the very start when the very same people might've asked for Gioia to ruin WoE too. Though most community actually supported the idea anyway. In the end it comes to what benefits do people get. If they receive personal direct benefits, they wont care the consequences. That's just humans. Many of the remaining PvM folks who complain about the lack of updates are also not innocent. Like it or not, since last year Xmas, things obviously started doing downhill at an exceptionally rate. Even Camp stated that they were not happy with the outcome of last year Xmas. Duh, why would they be. They just lost loyal players. Note, last year Xmas event had nothing to do with kRO. It was a bad call made by Warpportal to kill WoE and lost the last active WoE players.

Edited by nyyaan, 26 November 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#608 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

Id say the worst is Gravity itself, how I wish WP had a more independence and wouldnt have kRO holding it back. But the whiners of kRO updates like penetration/tempest set sure have played a negative impact on this one too, and significant enough to alter kRO's decisions. Without their needless attempt to dictate how other ppls should play iRO, we would have at least gotten more updates from kRO. We cant change how kRO behaves, but we can at least do our own part better.
:)

And here I'm reminded of how I suggested that the Report from the New World quest should be changed so that we don't lose pages, only for Oda and Campitor to joke about it on their Q&A stream. And then I later found out that kRO DID implement that very change on their servers, but Oda and Campitor gave off the impression that they won't bother to ask about it.

Regardless of what the playerbase wants or doesn't want, it ultimately lies with iRO and kRO cooperating to keep the servers up to date as they get the final say in anything.

#609 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

And here I'm reminded of how I suggested that the Report from the New World quest should be changed so that we don't lose pages, only for Oda and Campitor to joke about it on their Q&A stream. And then I later found out that kRO DID implement that very change on their servers, but Oda and Campitor gave off the impression that they won't bother to ask about it.

Regardless of what the playerbase wants or doesn't want, it ultimately lies with iRO and kRO cooperating to keep the servers up to date as they get the final say in anything.

Actually I wasnt talking about the entire playerbase, I simply referred to the group of elitists and whiners who wish to dictate how other ppls play this game, and consider only their way of playing RO is the right way. A good example was the penetration/tempest set crybabies. This is a toxic attitude and has indeed led to lack of updates on the server. I would agree with you that, at the very end kRO is the main problem. I dont know how much is on iRO/WP itself and I cant comment on that, you are right that they should ask/demand more, but as players we can try to make the situation a little better ourselves.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 November 2019 - 01:22 PM.

#610 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

There's as much proof that the non implementation of those shadow gears led to update stalemate as there is against,just sayin :v

kRO has not cared for western servers for a goddam long while now, and not just iRO.

#611 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:22 PM

Ash boi kun got it.-_- yeah right!  :heh:

#612 onlygx

onlygx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

How hard is it for Gravity to just stick with 1 global server, instead of headbanging update all of these regional turd on regular basis...

I was wondering the same thing. kRO is a very small company (Not like riot games or blizzard). However if they'd pay in Korea for translate their content and make a mega server with all updates from kRO in a strategic place, they could increase their popularity. 

#613 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:37 PM

So that brings up an interesting question: why doesn’t kRO care about iRO and western servers? It surely cares a lot about tWRO, even listening to their complaints to block TW and HK from iRO’s serving regions. I am sure a lot of you know this answer very well.

#614 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

I was wondering the same thing. kRO is a very small company (Not like riot games or blizzard). However if they'd pay in Korea for translate their content and make a mega server with all updates from kRO in a strategic place, they could increase their popularity.

Language barrier is major issue of korean players.
From my experience when trying to communicate with them.
50% don't talk with me.
30% mistranslation. Make the communication ends up as a pile of poop. (for an example. I asked someone about genetic improvement in KRO. He understood "Hell" from "Hell Plant" as "Health" then he translate the skill to "Fitness Plant")
20% can communicate with English language.

#615 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

Language barrier is major issue of korean players.
From my experience when trying to communicate with them.
50% don't talk with me.
30% mistranslation. Make the communication ends up as a pile of poop. (for an example. I asked someone about genetic improvement in KRO. He understood "Hell" from "Hell Plant" as "Health" then he translate the skill to "Fitness Plant")
20% can communicate with English language.

Did somebody say fitness plant?

music-grows-plants.jpg

#616 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

Did somebody say fitness plant?

music-grows-plants.jpg

So that is how Green Buu was born.

#617 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:58 PM

So that brings up an interesting question: why doesn’t kRO care about iRO and western servers? It surely cares a lot about tWRO, even listening to their complaints to block TW and HK from iRO’s serving regions. I am sure a lot of you know this answer very well.

I believe that iRO has to pay for their updates. TwRO makes a lot more money, I remember long ago they were one of the most populated servers. I also remember a comment from one of the GM's back then about iRO almost going bankrupt from buying the turtle island update at the time. I think that the updates we get are the cheap ones.

#618 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

How hard is it for Gravity to just stick with 1 global server, instead of headbanging update all of these regional turd on regular basis...

Great idea. I get to play with 500ms latency to east asia, everyone should feel my pain!

#619 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

I think he means one global client and then different ingame servers with hosts around the world. Which would be ideal but that's apparently too advanced for Koreans.

#620 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:05 PM

I believe that iRO has to pay for their updates. TwRO makes a lot more money, I remember long ago they were one of the most populated servers. I also remember a comment from one of the GM's back then about iRO almost going bankrupt from buying the turtle island update at the time. I think that the updates we get are the cheap ones.

You are absolutely right, I know that a lot of you know the answer to the last question. And here's my next question: Why is iRO not able to make enough money to pay for the updates they desperately need? Of course no one would expect iRO to make as much as twRO, but doesnt mean it cant make enough to get the updates. Who are/were the ones holding it back?

:p_hi:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 26 November 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#621 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

tenor.gif?itemid=9265562

Edited by digo666, 26 November 2019 - 11:15 PM.

#622 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 November 2019 - 07:20 PM

Honestly, I'm ok with a complete server wipe and be 1:1 However, always be 1:1

#623 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:45 PM

Nuke chaos and start off with a clean slate on transcendence zero

#624 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

Nuke everything and 1:1 Ragnarok zero or kro

#625 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:50 PM

Easy to say nuke chaos when you haven't been playing since 2003.Ppl come with less than 4~ years of being part of chaos and wanting to nuke everything grinds my gears since you have no connection or time spent in it is easy to say nuke everything!!!!oneoneoene!!11!1!.No reason why not both servers can coexist at the same time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users