Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread - Page 28 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
720 replies to this topic

#676 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:50 PM

At first my thought was, what makes you think I'm glad they are taking down the main servers for two months?

But at this point, yeah, actually I am glad. I'm glad they are doing something significant to push updates to the server in a way they clearly haven't been able to in the past. Even if it's probably going to hurt their bottom line in the end, and probably already has been, I'm glad they had the guts to make a significant, serious gamble in order to improve the health of the server even at the cost of a short term loss. It speaks well of their current direction, and even if I don't play on Chaos anymore, it's encouraging when looking at the prospects of the new server.

It would be easy for them to drip feed those changes over the next two years to you, or not give them to you at all and just keep saying Soon ™. But they didn't. So keep complaining about finally getting the updates you guys have been waiting years for, I'm sure that'll encourage the staff to work harder for you guys.

The idea that they are bringing down the servers just to push RT is asinine and childish. They got thousands of players on both Classic and Restart without having to do so - so many players the servers were struggling under the load. I remember those lagfests quite well - we were not strapped for population at all when those servers opened. Giving the option to keep playing something while the servers are down is a reasonable thing to do, even if it's not to your personal liking. 

#677 JaguarBlood

JaguarBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:19 PM

everyone calm down, check maint threads. Servers will remain open until 13th now (Chaos Renewal)

#678 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

Ahh a new Ragnarok game, without 3rd classes/job, kinda interesting but kinda degenerated at a same time.

Long time ago I was suggesting a lot of restricted rules to prevent people using bot, a lot of idea to make the game worthless to bot.

Example:

•1st and 2nd class having drop rate for certain item with drop rate below 5.00% disabled.

•Disable/shadowban regular chat and whispering for low LV char.

•Pay to make an account.

And Campitor take some of my basic idea and modify it, like shadowban low lv char to prevent low LV char mixed with high lv char in Lasagna field & South Prontera, and make we cant hear/see those retarded Novice trying to scam and spamming at Eden.

The reason why I call RT is interesting but kinda degenerated is because, if the point of TR is disabling 3rd class, then the idea of shadow ban certain LV can be applied in current server without need to releasing a new game (TR).

The idea of "Shadowban" can be something similar to "LV area limitation".

Example:

•MVP Maps: separated become 3 place

A.for char LV below 100 with job above 50.

Regular player without the knowledge can go leveling like normally, and go hunt MVP, and player can intentionally stay as transcendent classes so they can hunt MVP peacefully without getting harassed/bullied or what ever you want to call it by 3rd classes LV 150++ with high gear EQP designed for 3rd job

B.for char LV up to 100.

Regular build without any trick, just straight forward ignoring everything just keep leveling up, and go hunt try to kill MVP, just like current situation.

C.for 3rd classes but LV below 100.

This idea I just made is more interesting and less complicated than releasing a new game (Ragnarok Transcendent), joint in a guild, get taxted to make sure to reach JOB LV 70 first before leveled up to 99, so they can be still LV 99 when they change job to 3rd classes is a thing.

With this idea you can even make PVP, Battleground, WOE, become more interesting, aahahahah it will really hilarious if someone accidentally leveled up become LV 100 or 101.

A tournament (Battleground) or an event where only LV 99 can participate (Can be Transcendent and 3rd classes) is really interesting, an instance where only specificity lv 99 can participate, a group/party is needed at least 5 people, all this LV 99 character can get a special treatment like 3x Drop rate.

A random gift in form or costume with special buff only specificity transcendent can wear, grant them to use certain 3rd class skill, a costume with a similar concept like Amistr Bag, but instead of random enchant lv1 1st class skill, the costume grant random lv1 3rd classes.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 05 December 2019 - 05:58 PM.

#679 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

So how many updates will we still be missing in February? I'm not holding my breath for up-to-date Renewal servers.

#680 3412140103193930447

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

everyone calm down, check maint threads. Servers will remain open until 13th now (Chaos Renewal)

source plz

#681 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

source plz

It's in the patch notes section:
https://forums.warpp...e/#entry2935832

#682 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 05 December 2019 - 10:09 PM

but most importantly,

why chaos people ask about thor all the time?
i don't understand (too triggery?)
someone explain to me this mind-ya-own-business-ness situation : P

because other chaos players wants us to buy through RMT their gears on us if the case thor is closed to for pay their bills and other expenses like every one says "RO is life" , dont mind other chaos player's mentality they just need money for those who want to player in chaos server , i noticed we thor are always eyes sore on them but we dont mind their business despite on what happening on the game , btw I have characters in chaos (max lv i make 110) the people there are very nice kinda sad that some of them hates us thor...

#683 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

Hahaha ... even most succesful private servers HAVE 3rd classes. 3rd classes only make PvM easy but make WoE/PvM hard. That's why everything about PvM is so simple while everything about WoE was just way too hard for average players to enjoy. Combined with Warpportal's legendary bad managements and decision making strategies, -_- always goes wrong.

#684 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:11 AM

because other chaos players wants us to buy through RMT their gears on us if the case thor is closed to for pay their bills and other expenses like every one says "RO is life" , dont mind other chaos player's mentality they just need money for those who want to player in chaos server , i noticed we thor are always eyes sore on them but we dont mind their business despite on what happening on the game , btw I have characters in chaos (max lv i make 110) the people there are very nice kinda sad that some of them hates us thor...

Very true, except for the "the people there are very nice" part. I only encounter 1 single guild and a player or 2, not from that guild, who are nice to me and other newbies on Chaos while all others are very rude and I'm not even talking to them when they badmouthing us with some words I don't understand (and they're not "peenoise" since it's not in Tagalog). That's even while I'm still a novice class learning the new quests and features while waiting for Thor to be opened that time (March-April 2016). Classic has very nice people too, even nicer than Thor but, well, it's closed. Re:Start players migrated to Thor are also nice people. Chaos, however...

#685 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

There's nice people anywhere, as far as I'm concerned. Heck, there can even be nice people in hell. Annoying people are just easier to find because that's how they are haha

The difference is that one of the two is noisier on the forums, and not in a good way. But they're not gonna stop because their peers don't tell em to.

Most anti-server comments are just bland and overused anyways, they add nothing to the conversation, have no weight/impact, and are 'unexciting', just plain noise. Just like a fly near your ear

#686 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:41 AM

and with all that bad people, iRO is still 10000000x nicer than idRO hahahahah

.srsly tho, you must pay zeny to copy meteor from wiz for autocast SC. in iRO just popup chatroom somebody will answer quite immediately

#687 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:05 AM

Very true, except for the "the people there are very nice" part. I only encounter 1 single guild and a player or 2, not from that guild, who are nice to me and other newbies on Chaos while all others are very rude and I'm not even talking to them when they badmouthing us with some words I don't understand (and they're not "peenoise" since it's not in Tagalog). That's even while I'm still a novice class learning the new quests and features while waiting for Thor to be opened that time (March-April 2016). Classic has very nice people too, even nicer than Thor but, well, it's closed. Re:Start players migrated to Thor are also nice people. Chaos, however...

also a newbie in chaos server that time (cos of the news migration) and im still here, founds lots of good folks and friends in this server than any other server that include yours xD

#688 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:54 AM

and with all that bad people, iRO is still 10000000x nicer than idRO hahahahah
.srsly tho, you must pay zeny to copy meteor from wiz for autocast SC. in iRO just popup chatroom somebody will answer quite immediately

There's even someone willing to pay me zeny to copy Meteor Storm but I rejected the payment and I'll make him copy my Meteor Storm for free. :heh:

also a newbie in chaos server that time (cos of the news migration) and im still here, founds lots of good folks and friends in this server than any other server that include yours xD

It might be about the time passing by. I just observed it in only 2-4 weeks period of staying in Chaos.

Back to the topic, can the GMs check the AB skill tree and the SP costs of Reproduced skills if there are any changes from the updated contents, please? Just a yes or no will do. :thx:

#689 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:40 AM

Back to the topic, can the GMs check the AB skill tree and the SP costs of Reproduced skills if there are any changes from the updated contents, please? Just a yes or no will do. :thx:

we have AB update comming?

edit: info about AB update, link below

https://forums.warpp...op-implemented/

Edited by deforte, 06 December 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#690 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:03 AM

we have AB update comming?

edit: info about AB update, link below
https://forums.warpp...op-implemented/

I only wish if there is that update and my question in FAQ Fridays are not yet answered. :heh:

And also, I saw the other thread about job improvements in kRO, in which the SC update supposedly be the first one before the homunculus update. The AB ones are supposed to be the next one after homun update.

Spoiler

#691 Loguin

Loguin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 December 2019 - 06:08 AM

As far as nice people on Chaos, they're around but they don't seem to visit the forums as often. In game, should anyone need help or something, you can PM me for my ID. I just rerolled a new archer to play til RT comes up. 

#692 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:05 AM

Ppls use this forum to complain, to rant, to make sarcasms, and to start political campaigns to urge WP to change the game in their favor. In game, you will find a lot more nice ppls who just want to enjoy this game and make friends, it will be a different experience than dealing with elitists and politicians on this forum, note this forum doesnt even cover 10% of the playerbase in game.

#693 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:22 AM

^ 100% true.
90% of the time I come to post on forum is to complain, also asking for thing. 10% is lurking to find out whats in the patch note and guide.

When i didnt dwell here, thats the time I play the game with my friends. Probably being a rather nice Chaos netizen too I might say haha. 

#694 Ostarion

Ostarion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:27 PM

Umm, I don't think I like where this conversation is going. Why are we going into politics and different version fighting?

Edited by Ostarion, 06 December 2019 - 04:28 PM.

#695 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:00 PM

the only i hate on other people's comment is saying bad on thor , yes we are few unlike chaos but we dont complain about population as such we are just want to play and spend money on this game yet some people in chaos here wants us to disappear and force us to go to chaos which is not very nice , if you have a problem on the game dont include us we are living peacefully here.... hating our server and wishing to shut down completely wont give great benefits on this game, about nice people in chaos in game I've encounter many of them although i remember i stumble a guy while leveling and asking if i am a asian and he/she shows how disgust on me when i say yes kinda sad seeing kind of player , either way we thor players didn't do anything wrong on you all so dont hate us ....

Edited by ad0l, 06 December 2019 - 05:01 PM.

#696 Aboed

Aboed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationIn A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:02 AM

It's all about options  :p_idea:

WP provides an "International" RO service for us. There's Chaos on Thor for what maybe still  be their reasoning is to provide suitable WOE times for different sides of the globe - how active WOE is relies mostly on their own set of players. There was unfortunately a closed CLASSIC server to cater to those who seem to hate on 3rd class jobs. And there was a RESTART server for those who have that "start over" mentality that seems to be the trend these days.

I was invited to Thor, there's a lot more than the 2004 version of RO, and coincidentally WOE times suits me so i chose to stick to that option. Though went against the grain and retired from WOE. As much as i love that blue aura, i'm not giving RT a look as i didn't RESTART nor CLASSIC. But hoping WP get's it right this time.

Options..

Let's stop the hate and hope WP keep providing all these services for the foreseeable future  :p_love:

***Can't wait for that godsend alt+click item transfer

#697 gaurus

gaurus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts
  • LocationJuno

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:48 AM

Alt click ftw yeah

#698 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

Ouch ... bump!

#699 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen

Posted 08 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

I'm just waiting here if there's any updates in February exclusive for renewal that were not in Transcendence.

Spoiler List of update I" m looking forward too and the reasons why

Also, when would you guys answer FAQ Fridays? Most of my suggestions above are also there but still no answer.

#700 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:05 AM

Theme song of the server closure =o

See ya guys in 2020 Feb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users