Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

Important Announcement for iRO 10-15-2019 Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
720 replies to this topic

#76 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:57 AM

S> Torches, Pitchforks and other angry mob supps

Suggestion:
Since the relaunch is Feb, prepare an updated version of the packaged client installer too.
And update the damned patcher so it won't corrupt the installation so easily anymore

#77 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:11 AM

Is this the kind of update where gm's will finally know what it feels to play the game?

#78 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:48 AM

S>weeding fork/tires for burning on the street etc etc

I pay to see the Camptor/Astra etc etc @stream log in to say goodbye[3 months] with us

if not at least something expansion/new job/cap lv, I will be very pissed :p_swt:

Edited by digo666, 16 October 2019 - 02:58 AM.

#79 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:57 AM

The players : 8 hrs is too long for maintenance!
Warpportal : Hold my beer.

#80 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

Quite sad about the 2 month break but this is probably the best-case scenario to combat the inflation and reset the market.

What would the QoL include? Zeny cap? Skill updates? Inactive quest removal? A new server migration to reduce the time of weekly maintenance perhaps?

This a bold move for iRO but I hope this turns out positively and a stepping stone for what's more to come in the later months and years.

#81 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:57 AM

:rice:  

#82 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:04 AM

after feb 2020, iro gonna get any new update from kro within week/month smoothly?

#83 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:48 AM

Okay, Officially Im exited to see whats coming.

1st, Pin this thread please.

2nd, Hope the list of coming updates is not a definitive list, may include more updates or dependence updates if necesary.

3th,  Important updates, ofc 185 Update and Class Updates, I would like to see those multi-target tetravortex and adoramus.

4th, 2 Months! we will need a kickstart event on Feb2020, with more exited events on late nov early dec.

5th and no less important: The WoE. Hope this is a good way to regen the WoE, take all our feedbacks in the revitalization project thread, make the woe great again.

Count on us Warpportal, we will be eager to see the rebirth of RO1.

Good luck in the hiatus everyone, and wish the best of the luck to WP staff, they can farm legit MVP cards for two months without us

#84 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

now that you mention it, it sounds as if they are planbning to change the whole way the game operates, from its current engine into the RO:zero engine, and the downtime is so that they can migrate the whole database to that new game.

otherwhise i dont know any case where 2 months downtime is valid for a bunch of minor updates

#85 digo666

digo666

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:10 AM

the staff will travel to hawaii on vacation and you guys only dreaming big.  :ok: :p_devil:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Edited by digo666, 16 October 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#86 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

What about the Santa NPC that comes for Xmas? Noooo, how will we get our gifts from him.

#87 Asukirin

Asukirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

im worried about the specs usage , many players complaining they cant dual log in cuz of cpu usage is very high while on other online games dont have eac less usage even in high end pc...

you can only open three client ,sometimes it force close and thinking the other client is cheat.

#88 MrNaise

MrNaise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:24 AM

Is the time needed for these updates fix? Two months seems far too long. Anyway we need more information on this to quell the doomsayers.

#89 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

Our current cash shop system providing items from jRO, is making the game really stale. The power level of this items are not equivalent to our current in-game content and because obvious reasons, jRO mobs are more powerful than ours. Please consider to bring another cash shop alternatives that are compatible with our current content. Don't know how the kRO cash shop system is but, since this our "root" server were we get the updates for the in-game content, you could replicate or make some adjustments to it and implement that on iRO.

Edited by Valtios, 16 October 2019 - 11:59 AM.

#90 TattooedChef

TattooedChef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • LocationSeventh level of Hell

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:56 PM

Why does this feel so damn ominous? Like this is the final nail in the coffin, or is it just me? 

#91 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

Well for such a small population already im curious to see who will be back after two months.

Also u really need two months to do this update? And yet we are not getting all of it? This is really gonna effect u guys badly. And who came up with this? Even a popular online game ive never heard it stop temporarily for two months. Also you r doing it in holiday season lol. Xmas and new year is such a big holiday for this game. Oh well. I wish everything will turn out well for u guys.

#92 SFever

SFever

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

Aoe adoramous pls

#93 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:32 PM

Why do you need 2 months to apply SOME updates? iRO isn't even getting all of kRO's content, and even if that were the case 2 months just doesn't make any sense. You just had to schedule it during the holidays too...

Why disable the cash shop? The servers aren't going down until December, why is there a need to strip your players of the ability to spend $$ in late October?

I know everyone's excited about the mega update but I kinda feel like something isn't right. I feel like WP are omitting some very important details.

#94 abui951

abui951

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:55 PM

Okay which GM is getting fired? Lol

Sounds like an IRO GM cleanse; newer better people will be hired to maintain the game. 

[J.K   <3]

#95 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

you can only open three client ,sometimes it force close and thinking the other client is cheat.

yeah not just the pc usage but the behavior of eac sometimes they thought we are using cheats even though its not and one day if we got multiple warning flags from eac one of our accounts will suspend we know that staffs of support took months to answer to our tickets... :wah: 

#96 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:00 PM

Why does this feel so damn ominous? Like this is the final nail in the coffin, or is it just me?

I also have the same feeling. I would not be surprised they change their word in feb 2020 after the last mad bunny and announce perma close.

Edited by yauhoilun, 16 October 2019 - 04:01 PM.

#97 frankvanmayer

frankvanmayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:02 PM

YES! Great news! I can get excited for this game again I hope!!!!

#98 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:41 PM

Is there any good reason why iRO Chaos and Thor cash shops will be turned off on October 31st? Since we wont get to play iRO during Xmas to New year, is it possible to add Xmas CLAB prior to Dec 6th? I still would like to try to drop a Gioia card this year  :pif:

#99 orokamono

orokamono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Companies are expected to give a 30 day advance notice with regards to certain things. This is done to safeguard the company and its players. Closing the shop will at least make a few visit the forums to find out what's wrong. Because as it stands, even if you put a warning up in bold, most people rarely read what's on the patcher anyway.

#100 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

People complaining about spending a ton of money and now people are complaining they can't spend money at all. I don't understand this community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users